Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! 11:06 - Aug 9 with 9150 viewsYorkshire_Dale

With money being tight as per usual I am hoping we can get a decent run in the cups this year.......traditionally we usually do ok in at least one!

It would be an ideal opportunity to put last Saturdays shocker to bed and get on track as soon as possible. Start by leaving McNulty a day off. Then hopefully if Bonsey is fit his replacement alone will give us the edge.

I don't think Robbie will be doing this "free hit" jobby.

Get stuck in.
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 11:23 - Aug 9 with 5281 views_Windydale

I think harrogate are going to relish the chance to run at our defensive line again. I hope Robbie has something up his sleeve.
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 11:53 - Aug 9 with 5201 viewsTVOS1907

You going, YD?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 15:12 - Aug 9 with 4867 viewsRotherhamDale

I'd imagine Coleman will start in goal.

Back four of O'Keeffe, Graham, Taylor, Done/White.

Then a very similar midfield and front line. But who knows.

Will we manage to take 600 again?

Possession with progression.

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 15:12 - Aug 9 with 4866 viewsTVOS1907

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 15:12 - Aug 9 by RotherhamDale

I'd imagine Coleman will start in goal.

Back four of O'Keeffe, Graham, Taylor, Done/White.

Then a very similar midfield and front line. But who knows.

Will we manage to take 600 again?

Be lucky if we take half as many.

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 15:16 - Aug 9 with 4843 viewsDaleiLama

Can't make the game - will ifollow have it?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 15:22 - Aug 9 with 4826 viewsTVOS1907

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 15:16 - Aug 9 by DaleiLama

Can't make the game - will ifollow have it?

You'll be sat on the loo after eating all those mushy peas, so it won't matter if they do!

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 15:25 - Aug 9 with 4811 viewsDaleiLama

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 15:22 - Aug 9 by TVOS1907

You'll be sat on the loo after eating all those mushy peas, so it won't matter if they do!

Will watch it on the laptop (never seen a brown loo before).

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 17:18 - Aug 9 with 4605 viewsTheTedOliverFanclub

Lets hope the team start better than on saturday, Mcnulty was awfull but was not helped by a absent midfield for 20 mins.Very disapointed how we started the game ,did not seem to be organised at all in defence or midfield.After doing the hardwork in getting back in the game , it was there for the winning but dale ranout of ideas and seemed to be out on our feet after 70 mins.Managers may go, players may go but Dale have a major problem in seeing out games, perhaps somebody could keep a record of how many points we give way in the last few minutes.Hoping for the best and a better start.
Login to get fewer ads

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 18:12 - Aug 9 with 4492 viewsDaleiLama

Just saw this tweeted:

Our game tomorrow against Harrogate is looking in doubt.

- Harrogate have stopped selling tickets on their website and also in their club shop according to one of their fans.

- Also, now Dale have also took the option to buy tickets of their website too for tomorrow game

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 18:32 - Aug 9 with 4439 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/august/harrogatetown_postponed/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 18:42 - Aug 9 with 4374 viewsSandyman

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 18:55 - Aug 9 with 4314 viewsDalenet

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 18:42 - Aug 9 by Sandyman

I wonder how many of the squad have been vaccinated. I know Middlesbrough manager Warnock was on TV saying he was furious that his players wouldn't take it. He wanted the fans to put pressure on them.
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:02 - Aug 9 with 4275 viewsnordenblue

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 18:55 - Aug 9 by Dalenet

I wonder how many of the squad have been vaccinated. I know Middlesbrough manager Warnock was on TV saying he was furious that his players wouldn't take it. He wanted the fans to put pressure on them.

Furious that his players have exercised their choice not to be vaccinated, a vaccine that most of them won't even need.... makes complete sense yeah
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 19:04]
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:11 - Aug 9 with 4223 views442Dale

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:02 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

Furious that his players have exercised their choice not to be vaccinated, a vaccine that most of them won't even need.... makes complete sense yeah

Surely if it helps them not miss as many games by preventing them getting too unwell, he’s got a point?

Similar to advising them to warm-up properly before training and games helps avoid injury. They might still pull a muscle but it reduces the chances.

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:31 - Aug 9 with 4114 views49thseason

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:11 - Aug 9 by 442Dale

Surely if it helps them not miss as many games by preventing them getting too unwell, he’s got a point?

Similar to advising them to warm-up properly before training and games helps avoid injury. They might still pull a muscle but it reduces the chances.

They are prevented from playing because they failed a test not neccessarily because they have symptoms, vaxxed or unvaxxed makes no difference to catching the lurgy and testing positive. The vaxx ameliorates symptoms in some people it doesnt prevent catching the lurgy or transmitting it.
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:36 - Aug 9 with 4098 viewsnordenblue

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:11 - Aug 9 by 442Dale

A vaccine that "prevents them from getting too unwell" I'd imagine the thousands currently double vaccinated sat in a hospital bed would probably disagree with you....

Using that idea we should all have the flu vaccine if required or not every year too, surely that would also help to "prevent us all getting too unwell"?
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:39 - Aug 9 with 4076 viewsDalenet

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:02 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

That's one view.

His argument is that the players could catch it and it impact their availability to play or they could pass it onto others including staff at the club who are more vulnerable. He thought it was selfish. But of course a player doesn't incur any financial consequences, unlike those around them that may need to self isolate or the cash impact on the club that needs to postpone games. Will be interesting to see what happens if the Government carries out its suggestion of requiring you to have a vaccination passport to get into some grounds after October. What happens to players that can't show they have? Will they be excluded?

Anyway not arguing either way - just sharing a respected managers perspective.
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:39 - Aug 9 with 4072 viewsnordenblue

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:31 - Aug 9 by 49thseason

They are prevented from playing because they failed a test not neccessarily because they have symptoms, vaxxed or unvaxxed makes no difference to catching the lurgy and testing positive. The vaxx ameliorates symptoms in some people it doesnt prevent catching the lurgy or transmitting it.

Exactly, (not aimed at you 442) but the way everyone's queueing up like lemmings for a jab is absolutely amazing to watch, it's like a badge of honour for some to plaster all over social media, you've even got the beauties having had covid and not been rough at all yet still happy to be double jabbed, they've not looked into how the immune system generally works then.
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:44 - Aug 9 with 4038 views442Dale

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:31 - Aug 9 by 49thseason

Did I say it prevents them catching it?

It’s just an option like any other that players have which could increase their chances of being available more quickly should they get Covid. That’s why there was an example given about warming up.

Nothing is perfect, but football clubs look a margins that help, like diet, exercise regimes and presumably medical options like vaccines too. It’s nothing more complicated than that.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 19:45]

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:51 - Aug 9 with 4012 viewsnordenblue

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:39 - Aug 9 by Dalenet

That's one view.

His argument is that the players could catch it and it impact their availability to play or they could pass it onto others including staff at the club who are more vulnerable. He thought it was selfish. But of course a player doesn't incur any financial consequences, unlike those around them that may need to self isolate or the cash impact on the club that needs to postpone games. Will be interesting to see what happens if the Government carries out its suggestion of requiring you to have a vaccination passport to get into some grounds after October. What happens to players that can't show they have? Will they be excluded?

Anyway not arguing either way - just sharing a respected managers perspective.

While I take your point, by having a vaccine all them eventualities are still very much probable.

Would Warnock stipulate all his players, office staff, backroom staff all have a flu jab every year too, we wouldn't want anyone unnecessarily catching that and being off work for weeks on end surely without pay?
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:52 - Aug 9 with 4005 viewsEllDale

I don’t know if the EFL has rules in place for this sort of case but the Rugby League at one stage were investigating the circumstances surrounding every COVID related postponement and fined clubs/players if the virus had been picked up after players had acted “irresponsibly” in their view.
Restrictions have been lifted since then of course.
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:57 - Aug 9 with 3992 views442Dale

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:51 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

While I take your point, by having a vaccine all them eventualities are still very much probable.

Would Warnock stipulate all his players, office staff, backroom staff all have a flu jab every year too, we wouldn't want anyone unnecessarily catching that and being off work for weeks on end surely without pay?

If there’s a medical suggestion that it would benefit players to have a flu jab, maybe that’s exactly what they do. It’s all about weighing up the advantages to their performance and their clubs like all the other health focused activities they do.

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:58 - Aug 9 with 3987 views100notout

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:51 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

Have you had the vaccine NB?
If not I hope to God you don't get Covid

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 20:15 - Aug 9 with 3931 viewsnordenblue

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:58 - Aug 9 by 100notout

Have you had the vaccine NB?
If not I hope to God you don't get Covid

Nowt to do with you if I have or haven't really, very similar to me knowing about your medical preferences.

It's brilliant how anyone who's had a jab is viewed like some life saver yet others who choose not to are viewed as "wrong". They've done a belting job the good old media of ours, scaring everyone shitless
Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 20:23 - Aug 9 with 3889 viewsnordenblue

Let's get some redemption tomorrow! on 19:57 - Aug 9 by 442Dale

If there’s a medical suggestion that it would benefit players to have a flu jab, maybe that’s exactly what they do. It’s all about weighing up the advantages to their performance and their clubs like all the other health focused activities they do.

Or just weighing up the risks faced if you actually require a needless vaccine for some, like most the nation choose not to bother with a flu jab annually, because they don't need it, its a choice based on your specific circumstances, or at least it should be.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024