Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised 19:01 - Aug 15 with 18317 viewsDaleEamonn

Greetings Rochdale fans.

My name is DaleEamonn and I am a freelance investigative journalist. I first became professionally aware of the plight of Rochdale earlier this Summer when I saw the terrible news that Alexander Jarvis and Andy Curran were considering involving themselves financially with your football club.

Alexander Jarvis is not to be trusted. He is a brazen charlatan and fantasist and tells any form of lie to anyone who will listen to him to progress his own agenda.

You will have read extensively about Andy Curran and his involvement in Swindon Town over the last few years. Less known is Andy Curran’s previous involvements with Southend United and Colchester United, two Essex based clubs and his involvement in attempts to progress his son Taylor’s career by paying for his wages in breach of EFL rules.

As you will read below, Alexander Jarvis does not have any form of deal in place for your club which can be completed or done without EFL approval. If the EFL do not given any approval to Alexander Jarvis or his clients then your club is safe from these people who definitely do not have you or your club’s best interests at heart.

Below is the transcript of an email I received on Tuesday 20th July 2021 at 11.56AM from Alexander Jarvis (ajarvis@blackbridgesports.com) that also shared an attached Microsoft PowerPoint document (File name: 2021 AGM Presntation1.pptx) which was 928Kb.

The attachment was at eleven slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation given by David Bottomley at Rochdale AGM on Tuesday 1st June 2021.

I have forwarded this email and the attachment to it to the COO of your football club, the Board of your Supporters Trust, to Nick Craig (Director of Legal Affairs - EFL) and to Ryan Hyde (Governance Manager - EFL).

Tonight, I share it with all of you, the fans because it is important that you see Alexander Jarvis for what he is.

The full and unabridged transcript of Alexander Jarvis’ email reads as follows:

From: Alexander SW Jarvis <ajarvis@blackbridgesports.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 11:56 AM
To: Eamonn
Subject: 2021 AGM Presentation / Revised Offer
Eamonn,

I trust this email finds you well, apologies for the delay in response, I have had a few days off on holiday.

That is correct, I am not the purchaser, nor have I ever purchased an EFL Club and have had no dealings with the EFL to date. As in the takeover process the lawyers are mostly involved.

It is also correct that no ‘takeover' is planned. My Client’s are merely investors who following a presentation by the Club several months back (I have attached for your reference) see Rochdale as an opportunity to get involved with a relatively well-run club where they can provide financial support with the aim of leaving it in a better position than when they came in, whilst enjoying a game and a beer on a Saturday afternoon. It also goes without saying, they do see the opportunity of seeing a healthy return on their investment in the future.

However, as someone with your wealth of knowledge in wealth management and the financial sector, I’m sure you would not advise any of your clients to invest significant sums into a business in which they had no control, for inexperienced people to spend their money as they please.

To conclude this deal to both parties satisfaction, my client is prepared to pay your clients £10 per share, however, on the basis both of your clients (with the circa 40,000 shares) agree to the deal. Further, my client will pay yourself £10,000 commission for facilitating the transaction, which they are happy to pay on signing.

Should you have any doubts as to my Clients availability of funds, please feel free to contact Gatleys who are able to confirm to you that £1 million has been paid into their client account for the purposes of this transaction, which i'm sure will alleviate any concerns.

My client wishes to execute the agreement with your clients within the next 24 hours and complete the transaction immediately upon approval from the EFL in line with EFL regulations. I can confirm that the EFL are now in receipt of my Clients documents in line with the requirements of the Owners and Directors Test and we anticipate approval within the next 7 days.

I trust you will find the above satisfactory and look forward to concluding the matter.

Kind regards

Alexander

With regards to the Microsoft PowerPoint attachment, forensic IT examination of the Microsoft Powerpoint file shows conclusively that it was last saved by David Bottomley at 15.10 on Friday 4 June 2021.

It is unclear is how and when Alexander Jarvis obtained this email attachment, last saved by David Bottomley on 4 June 2021 and whether Alexander Jarvis obtained it legally or obtained it illegally.

What is clear is the lie in the email transcript which noted Alexander Jarvis’ investor “who following a presentation by the Club several months back (I have attached for your reference)” was seeking to invest.

The date of the Annual General Meeting of 1st June 2021, the forensic date on the IT file being saved on 4th June 2021 and the fact an Annual General Meeting is for shareholders only discredits why Alexander Jarvis would have this file in his possession for that reason.

EDITORIAL FOOTNOTE:
David Roger Bottomley served as a statutory director of Rochdale Association Football Club Limited (The) between 29 May 2015 and 1 June 2021. David Roger Bottomley left his role as CEO by “mutual consent” on 28 June 2021.
Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 19:15 - Aug 15 with 8382 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

this thread is now on twitter.

IF its genuine, it is vital that we all share and tag as many journos / legal & financial bodies as possible...

we have already asked a simple question directly to Mr Jarvis on twitter:
" It also goes without saying, they do see the opportunity of seeing a healthy return on their investment in the future." HOW?
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 19:48]

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 19:15 - Aug 15 with 8381 viewsAlan_ADale

eamonn - you're a star. shows how bottomley was or even still is involved in the hostile takeover attempt. he knows. so do we

#upthedalenotforsale
Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 19:20 - Aug 15 with 8289 viewsDaleEamonn

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 19:15 - Aug 15 by UpTheDaleNotForSale

this thread is now on twitter.

IF its genuine, it is vital that we all share and tag as many journos / legal & financial bodies as possible...

we have already asked a simple question directly to Mr Jarvis on twitter:
" It also goes without saying, they do see the opportunity of seeing a healthy return on their investment in the future." HOW?
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 19:48]

It is 100% genuine.

I have forwarded this email and the attachment to it to the COO of your football club, the Board of your Supporters Trust, to Nick Craig (Director of Legal Affairs - EFL) and to Ryan Hyde (Governance Manager - EFL)

You would be welcome to make inquiries of the relevant media teams:
Rochdale Football Club: media@rochdaleafc.co.uk
Supporters Trust: info@daletrust.co.uk
EFL: media@efl.com
Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 19:24 - Aug 15 with 8254 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

next question.

" I can confirm that the EFL are now in receipt of my Clients documents in line with the requirements of the Owners and Directors Test and we anticipate approval within the next 7 days."

ignoring the appalling grammar (eye twitch)... we are 26 days in since the email, 19 days past the guaranteed date. what is the delay with the EFL?

we saw with the new directors how quickly things can move (does being an actual fan and actual legitimate business person help?) so what is the delay?

does it take a while for relevant agencies to do due diligence (ie digging) into the affairs of the potential investors to give them enough evidence to day 'thanks but no thanks'?

also - for clarity Eamonn... who stands to gain with the £10,000 payout?

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 19:34 - Aug 15 with 8171 viewsMarjorie_Plane

Mr. Bottomley....

You sold the secrets of our football club to the dark side..

This is most definitely in the public interest...

Shame on you

This post has been edited by an administrator
Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 19:37 - Aug 15 with 8122 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

'public interest' doesn't come close.

we shared this link less than half an hour ago and have already had more than 3,000 views - including contact from journos who want to pick this up.

what did RAFCBLUE say? daylight is the best disinfectant? its getting very, VERY sunny.

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 19:43 - Aug 15 with 8057 viewsjudd

He was removed as a director on 1st June and 3 days later appears to have engaged in an attempt to sell the club despite the expressed wishes of the club's owners being that WE ARE NOT FOR SALE.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 19:45 - Aug 15 with 8038 viewsCockneyDale

Hi Eamonn

Thanks for sharing this. Please excuse my cautious questions:

- what is your full name?
- for a freelance you have a surprisingly small digital footprint - can you direct us to where we can find you or your work?
- how come Jarvis was emailing you? Are/were you representing shareholders? Or were you pretending to, to elicit a response? If so, why?

Thank you.
Login to get fewer ads

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 20:15 - Aug 15 with 7777 viewsjudd

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 19:45 - Aug 15 by CockneyDale

Hi Eamonn

Thanks for sharing this. Please excuse my cautious questions:

- what is your full name?
- for a freelance you have a surprisingly small digital footprint - can you direct us to where we can find you or your work?
- how come Jarvis was emailing you? Are/were you representing shareholders? Or were you pretending to, to elicit a response? If so, why?

Thank you.

Not that I know who this journo is but given the nature of their work I would expect little to no digital footprint.

Sorry, I do not know who you are perhaps?

How the email exchange came about may very well be based on enquiries involving existing shareholders.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 20:16]

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 20:24 - Aug 15 with 7696 viewsturnthescrew

I don't care how the details are revealed, or by whom. Exposing corruption and possible criminality is vital. The leads need to be pursued.
Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 20:41 - Aug 15 with 7555 viewsturnthescrew

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 19:20 - Aug 15 by DaleEamonn

It is 100% genuine.

I have forwarded this email and the attachment to it to the COO of your football club, the Board of your Supporters Trust, to Nick Craig (Director of Legal Affairs - EFL) and to Ryan Hyde (Governance Manager - EFL)

You would be welcome to make inquiries of the relevant media teams:
Rochdale Football Club: media@rochdaleafc.co.uk
Supporters Trust: info@daletrust.co.uk
EFL: media@efl.com

You should sent it to Greater Manchester Police and the Information Commissioners Office. Let them investigate Bottomley and his role in this affair.
Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 20:50 - Aug 15 with 7469 viewsjudd

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 20:41 - Aug 15 by turnthescrew

You should sent it to Greater Manchester Police and the Information Commissioners Office. Let them investigate Bottomley and his role in this affair.

It would appear to be a matter of gross misconduct on the part of the employee.

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 20:51 - Aug 15 with 7453 viewsturnthescrew

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 20:50 - Aug 15 by judd

It would appear to be a matter of gross misconduct on the part of the employee.

Bit late to do much when he's left the building.
Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 20:52 - Aug 15 with 7438 viewsIOMDale

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 20:51 - Aug 15 by turnthescrew

Bit late to do much when he's left the building.

… It’s never too late for the police.

UTDNFS

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 20:57 - Aug 15 with 7399 viewsAlan_ADale

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 20:52 - Aug 15 by IOMDale

… It’s never too late for the police.

cry baby bottomley again
Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 21:05 - Aug 15 with 7327 viewsajiunit

DaleEamonn Could you reach out to us please +974 5080 0207
Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 21:06 - Aug 15 with 7305 viewsColDale

Having received a copy of this message earlier today, we are left with one inescapable question that must be asked over and over again until a truthful answer is given.

How did Alexander Jarvis manage to use material created by David Bottomley to entice shareholders with a timestamp of three days after he was removed from the Board of Directors?

Bottomley's dream of attracting an investor was dead and buried on Friday 4th June, so there was no reason for him to work on it on a Friday afternoon when he was being paid by the Club to act in the best interests of Rochdale AFC.

If the time stamp was say February, then there's an argument that this was something that had been sent out historically, but on that Friday, three days after his removal from the Board of Directors and it was clear to everyone that his days of being on the payroll were counting down, he worked on his powerpoint.

It then ends up in the hands of the people agressively launching a hostile takeover bid for the club. This is beyond cashing in on shares, if this was sent to Jarvis, this is aiding and abetting. And lets be clear - we know that Jarvis had been sniffing around the Club earlier in the year, only for the Club to prefer the MH offer, so there's no "Oh I didn't know the sort of people they were". Curran was at Spotland on the night of the Swindon game.

Of course, there is always the possibility that DB worked on this whilst on the payroll at Dale on the off chance that the Club was to call another EGM to attract an investor and then his account was hacked, this powerpoint stolen from his work computer and then used to attract shareholders. If that's the case, I assume he will be contacting the Police first thing in the morning to report such an incident who will then be in touch with the Club.

But in the real world, we are left with one question that must be answered by a man who spent two years trying to convince he was one of our own:

How did Alexander Jarvis manage to use material created by David Bottomley to entice shareholders with a timestamp of three days after he was removed from the Board of Directors?
Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 21:19 - Aug 15 with 7132 viewsjudd

The most inept, incompetent and clearly selfish person ever to set foot in this club.

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 21:24 - Aug 15 with 7077 viewsboromat

Wow just wow.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 21:27 - Aug 15 with 7046 viewsCrocodile_tears

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 21:06 - Aug 15 by ColDale

Having received a copy of this message earlier today, we are left with one inescapable question that must be asked over and over again until a truthful answer is given.

Bottomley's dream of attracting an investor was dead and buried on Friday 4th June, so there was no reason for him to work on it on a Friday afternoon when he was being paid by the Club to act in the best interests of Rochdale AFC.

If the time stamp was say February, then there's an argument that this was something that had been sent out historically, but on that Friday, three days after his removal from the Board of Directors and it was clear to everyone that his days of being on the payroll were counting down, he worked on his powerpoint.

It then ends up in the hands of the people agressively launching a hostile takeover bid for the club. This is beyond cashing in on shares, if this was sent to Jarvis, this is aiding and abetting. And lets be clear - we know that Jarvis had been sniffing around the Club earlier in the year, only for the Club to prefer the MH offer, so there's no "Oh I didn't know the sort of people they were". Curran was at Spotland on the night of the Swindon game.

Of course, there is always the possibility that DB worked on this whilst on the payroll at Dale on the off chance that the Club was to call another EGM to attract an investor and then his account was hacked, this powerpoint stolen from his work computer and then used to attract shareholders. If that's the case, I assume he will be contacting the Police first thing in the morning to report such an incident who will then be in touch with the Club.

But in the real world, we are left with one question that must be answered by a man who spent two years trying to convince he was one of our own:

It’s worrying our previous CEO now suggests he is a football industry consultant. Given we know so much of his dealings while an employee, surely he cannot keep feeding this hostile approach given his previous tearful interjections of love and devotion to our club?
Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 21:44 - Aug 15 with 7219 viewsSandyman

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 21:27 - Aug 15 by Crocodile_tears

It’s worrying our previous CEO now suggests he is a football industry consultant. Given we know so much of his dealings while an employee, surely he cannot keep feeding this hostile approach given his previous tearful interjections of love and devotion to our club?

David Roger Bottomley is a busted flush in any form of business. Completely disloyal, self-interested and treacherous .
Facts, innit.

[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 8:02]
Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 21:47 - Aug 15 with 7175 viewsSuddenLad

As the evidence mounts to an alarming degree, I'd be worried if I was Bottomley, - on 3 fronts. The Jarvis connection, the Flip-Flop gang and Greater Manchester Police.

They are all likely to 'want a word' with him, for different reasons, if things continue to unfold along similar lines.

Stories about him continue to pile up, his track record isn't exactly impeccable, so maybe the spotlight will soon be firmly on his sneering tear-stained face.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 21:57 - Aug 15 with 7079 viewsDorkingDale

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 21:47 - Aug 15 by SuddenLad

As the evidence mounts to an alarming degree, I'd be worried if I was Bottomley, - on 3 fronts. The Jarvis connection, the Flip-Flop gang and Greater Manchester Police.

They are all likely to 'want a word' with him, for different reasons, if things continue to unfold along similar lines.

Stories about him continue to pile up, his track record isn't exactly impeccable, so maybe the spotlight will soon be firmly on his sneering tear-stained face.

...the matter of GDPR regarding the shareholders e-mail addresses isn't going to go away. Just hope it doesn't have any ramifications for the club.
Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 22:10 - Aug 15 with 7149 viewsEllGazzell

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 21:57 - Aug 15 by DorkingDale

...the matter of GDPR regarding the shareholders e-mail addresses isn't going to go away. Just hope it doesn't have any ramifications for the club.

GDPR does not exist in the UK now after Brexit. Many GDPR fundamentals were incorporated into the Data Protection Act 2018 but it diverges somewhat.

However, Bottomly will still fall foul of it!

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Alexander Jarvis' email of 20th July 2021 "2021 AGM Presentation / Revised on 22:13 - Aug 15 with 7297 viewsRAFCBLUE

Direct quote from the video:

"We have had NDA's in place with a number of parties and we hope to be very close to be able to put a deal together that we can present to our shareholders that says "These are the people who want to get involved in Rochdale Football club, they have the club at heart as we do and they want to take the club forward in the right direction so the reason for quite a lot of silence in the last few weeks - and I accept communication could have been better - is down to the fact that we are involved in very sensitive negotiations with people to actually want to come forward and get involved in this absolutely wonderful football club."

David Bottomley - 30th April 2021

First, there is categorically no denying by anyone that David Bottomley was directly talking to various parties under NDA prior to the AGM on 1 June 2021. He says so himself in a video on the club's YouTube channel.

So second, the question must be how Jarvis has obtained that AGM presentation referred to in the OP which ColDale is verifying as genuine.

If I were Jarvis and Bottomley then based on what the OP has said this has gone to the club, Dale Trust and the EFL there is a very strong likelihood of one of those parties taking legal proceedings against Jarvis and Bottomley for this data breach. And that is before GMP get a call in the morning from an army of Dale fans.

The Computer Misuse Act (1990) is going to come into play here. Google that if you have a minute but effectively its the law on stopping unauthorised use of information.

The lowest penalty is two years in prison and a £5k fine; the most severe penalty is a 10 year prison sentence and an unlimited fine.

On 4 June 2021 after the AGM, David Bottomley was no longer a legal director. Either he has been the victim of crime and must report it OR his account has facilitated the information that the OP refers to. Looking at the calendar the timestamp referred to is a Friday afternoon.

Finally, the EFL rules rule you out if you commit a Dishonest Act.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-3---owners-
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 22:14]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024