Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale Development Agency 07:02 - Aug 16 with 3455 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

For those that don't know, Rochdale Development Agency is a body that exists to further enhance the town by calling on the expertise of local business people. They do some great work, and are becoming an integral part of the future of our town.

The board of the RDA can be seen here:

https://investinrochdale.co.uk/about/the-board

These people would be good people to contact about the ongoing situation at the club, as I'm sure they would want to help keep professional football alive in the town. They could also support us by commenting on how disastrous this hostile takeover could be for local businesses.

Somebody (or multiple people) may also be interested in alerting them to the revelations from Eamonn last night around misuse of data etc - they would never want to be in the same situation and have sensitive data leaked from within to further anybody's own personal agenda. I'm confident they would appreciate a heads up.

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

Rochdale Development Agency on 08:58 - Aug 19 with 3081 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

one final bump due to the increased press activity... interestingly people with links to the RDA have been viewing stuff on the #UpTheDaleNotForSale social media sites, so we just wanted to make sure they didn't miss this one.

Rochdale Development Agency on 10:57 - Aug 19 with 2946 viewsfinberty

Unfortunately, on the list of people shown, there is one all-too-familiar face. I'm sure he is in a position to spout how wonderful it all may be.
Rochdale Development Agency on 11:05 - Aug 19 with 2923 viewsIOMDale

Rochdale Development Agency on 10:57 - Aug 19 by finberty

Unfortunately, on the list of people shown, there is one all-too-familiar face. I'm sure he is in a position to spout how wonderful it all may be.

That's exactly why the RDA should be made aware of how duplicitous, conniving and untrustworthy their fellow board member is.

UTDNFS

Rochdale Development Agency on 11:15 - Aug 19 with 2898 viewsSuddenLad

Rochdale Development Agency on 11:05 - Aug 19 by IOMDale

That's exactly why the RDA should be made aware of how duplicitous, conniving and untrustworthy their fellow board member is.

If they don't already

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Rochdale Development Agency on 11:19 - Aug 19 with 2891 viewstony_roch975

Rochdale Development Agency on 10:57 - Aug 19 by finberty

but interestingly his bio on the RDA Board page reads "until recently he was a board member and Chief Executive of Rochdale AFC"

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Rochdale Development Agency on 13:10 - Aug 19 with 2725 viewsD_Alien

One can imagine the smarmy, ingratiating tactics he'll have used to position himself with the RDA - the same tactics he used at Dale, perhaps offering hospitality and certainly trying to make himself indispensible through "hard work"

Wouldn't surprise me at all to hear that others in the RDA may have been shocked to learn of his duplicity at Dale. Well, he does have form, of course, in previous positions of authority so he's only doing what comes naturally to him

The longer he remains as part of the RDA the greater it risks loss of reputation, as the truth emerges on the national stage of his betrayal of trust AGAIN. They'd do well to get rid of him, just as Dale shareholders did - but make sure the data on their computers is secured first!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rochdale Development Agency on 13:22 - Aug 19 with 2682 viewsdawlishdale

Rochdale Development Agency on 11:15 - Aug 19 by SuddenLad

If they don't already

I know that at least two of the Board are aware of his lack of business know how especially how poorly he conducts himself at meetings, and will have nothing to do with him. They are probably not aware of what he did whilst at Hasbro, nor what he has done recently whilst at RAFC.

They should, imho, throw him off the Board asap, as any association with him casts a shadow over the RDA, which does good work in the Borough.
Rochdale Development Agency on 13:37 - Aug 19 with 2641 viewsSuddenLad

It comes to a point where the longer he is associated with the RDA, the less credibility they have.

I'm assuming that some of the people involved are aware of just how toxic he has become. They must be aware of the situation, because his details has been updated on their website,

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale Development Agency on 13:45 - Aug 19 with 2619 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

We're pretty confident that the RDA are aware of the change in personnel at the club.

We're less confident that they will know the facts behind why the personnel changes happened, the alleged data breach following that personnel change, or the company that previous RAFC board members may keep in the form of #AndyCurran #DarrellRose #MortonHouse et al.

We are totally confident that the RDA would appreciate a heads up; as somebody has already pointed out, the RDA wouldn't want historical goings on at Dale to impact their great work and reputation.

Rochdale Development Agency on 16:09 - Aug 19 with 2460 viewsMoonyDale

Rochdale Development Agency on 11:15 - Aug 19 by SuddenLad

If they don't already

They were made aware a couple of weeks ago when I emailed them.....Lots more has come to light since then so it maybe time for another mail...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Rochdale Development Agency on 18:14 - Aug 19 with 2278 viewsfinberty

Good work MoonyDale.
Rochdale Development Agency on 18:34 - Aug 19 with 2240 viewsMoonyDale

Rochdale Development Agency on 18:14 - Aug 19 by finberty

Good work MoonyDale.

Just searched the councils database for upcoming meetings and don't see anything before December for the RDA, they meet at Riverside but have been on Zoom through lockdown...Thought it might be nice to turn up to put questions to snake hips....Assuming one could get access like....

Rochdale Development Agency on 18:37 - Aug 19 with 2233 viewsR17ALE

Rochdale Development Agency on 18:34 - Aug 19 by MoonyDale

Just searched the councils database for upcoming meetings and don't see anything before December for the RDA, they meet at Riverside but have been on Zoom through lockdown...Thought it might be nice to turn up to put questions to snake hips....Assuming one could get access like....

Do you think he will dare to ever step foot in Rochdale ever again?

If he does he'll be mad to.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Rochdale Development Agency on 19:01 - Aug 19 with 2171 viewsMoonyDale

Rochdale Development Agency on 18:37 - Aug 19 by R17ALE

Do you think he will dare to ever step foot in Rochdale ever again?

If he does he'll be mad to.

I live in hope that he does as is unfortunate enough to bump into myself or another Daley or two....

Rochdale Development Agency on 19:50 - Aug 19 with 2069 viewswatford_dale

If there has been a data breach then the usual recourse is to notify the Information Commissioners Office of said data breach.

RDA - this is an agency that is set up for regeneration of the town through securing inward investment through grants. They also facilitate the moving of companies to the borough.

For the future of the football club it would be best to go through the Council since the Council and not RDA provided a £0.5m reserve for the club during covid. Plus they have form as it was the Council who had a hand in saving the club in the 1980's, they had to buy back the title deeds to the ground as the owner had secured them against a loan.

It is in the Council's and not the RDA's wheelhouse unless the club went bust and Sports Direct wanted to whack a warehouse there.

Also it is a labour council and so they are a lot more keen to keep the club going and see it as a source of local pride. For context, tory controlled LB Barnet had no intention of keeping football in the borough when Underhill went. They only wanted cricket and rugby played in the Borough, which is the reason Saracens got Copthall stadium and not Barnet fc.
Rochdale Development Agency on 20:12 - Aug 19 with 2004 viewsD_Alien

Absolutely right MD

It is personal, but it's also in the interests of RDA to give him the boot and to be seen to be doing so, as representatives of the image that our town wants to portray to the rest of society that we're open for business and intend to conduct it with honesty and regard for all who having interests in the town

Bottomley has nowhere to go. As you say, he'll be followed by the stench he's created and we can make sure he never achieves a position whereby he can fool, corrupt and destroy again

Edit: this was in reply to a deleted post
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 20:46]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rochdale Development Agency on 09:24 - Aug 20 with 1629 viewsMoonyDale

Rochdale Development Agency on 20:12 - Aug 19 by D_Alien

Absolutely right MD

It is personal, but it's also in the interests of RDA to give him the boot and to be seen to be doing so, as representatives of the image that our town wants to portray to the rest of society that we're open for business and intend to conduct it with honesty and regard for all who having interests in the town

Bottomley has nowhere to go. As you say, he'll be followed by the stench he's created and we can make sure he never achieves a position whereby he can fool, corrupt and destroy again

Edit: this was in reply to a deleted post
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 20:46]

Wonder why it was deleted? Don't remember anything controversial in it, if one of the mods could let me know..

Rochdale Development Agency on 09:58 - Aug 20 with 1574 viewsNorthernDale

Question: does the person in question (I have found that when is name comes up, I begin swearing) gets paid as a director of RDA?
Rochdale Development Agency on 11:55 - Aug 20 with 1454 viewsMoonyDale

Well one of the mods has explained why my earlier post was deleted due to my use of a derogatory term, and swearing....I agree about the swearing but not about the derogatory term, having checked the OED it is in fact complimentary so on that basis alone I will refrain from using said term in future...Unless I see him in public where I shall bellow it loudly.....And as he is watching on here I'll add that whatever he does in the future I and others shall be watching, any employer or board/organisation he serves on shall be informed of his publicly available wrongdoings, all factually correct n all that.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024