Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
R I P Charlie watts 17:52 - Aug 24 with 1462 viewsdale1968

Sad news abot the stones drummer passing away aged 80....

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

R I P Charlie watts on 18:32 - Aug 24 with 1403 viewsD_Alien

Like Ringo with the Beatles, Charlie Watts was the perfect fit for the Stones and was happy to let the spotlight fall on Jagger & Richards whilst keeping their sometimes wayward rhythms in some kind of check

The Stones had announced tour dates once the restrictions had eased. I think they'd do well to leave it now and let the memories take over

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

R I P Charlie watts on 20:33 - Aug 24 with 1311 viewselectricblue

Watts was an excellent rythmn man to have.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

R I P Charlie watts on 20:39 - Aug 24 with 1283 viewssince58

In reality more into jazz.
R.I.P.
Charlie.
R I P Charlie watts on 20:52 - Aug 24 with 1261 viewsExtra_Nan

Somehow ran into Charlie more than once. A thoughtful, intelligent, lovely and very talented bloke.
R I P Charlie watts on 02:07 - Aug 25 with 1132 viewsDiddyDave

Never really liked the Stones, but they were definitely one of Britain`s most iconic bands. Charlie always looked bored to me, never changed his expression no matter what song Mick was gyrating to!!
R I P Charlie watts on 14:17 - Aug 25 with 1022 viewsfinberty

Jazz drumming is far more intricate, challenging, and varied than rock drumming. As a fine exponent of the former, it's not surprising he looked bored with the latter, however lucrative it turned out to be.
R I P Charlie watts on 14:19 - Aug 25 with 1018 viewsD_Alien

R I P Charlie watts on 14:17 - Aug 25 by finberty

Jazz drumming is far more intricate, challenging, and varied than rock drumming. As a fine exponent of the former, it's not surprising he looked bored with the latter, however lucrative it turned out to be.

Read one comment he's alleged to have made, along the lines of "When i signed up to play with the Stones, i didn't realise i'd spend the next four decades looking at Mick Jagger's arse"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024