Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morley to Salop?? 15:37 - Aug 25 with 6230 viewsrkershaw

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1093094449?-1906:1007
Morley to Salop?? on 17:42 - Aug 25 with 6023 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Double that offer?..........Let him go, with best wishes.
Morley to Salop?? on 21:01 - Aug 25 with 5661 viewsBrierls

Blackpool have made a bid for Shrews midfielder Josh Vela.

I didn’t go last night but been told that Morley had a very good game. I think he’s been pretty poor overall up to that point.

Last year of his contract, not been very good for the last season and a bit, other midfield options. If that bid starts getting to £200K or above, I’d be waving thanks and goodbye I think.
Morley to Salop?? on 21:16 - Aug 25 with 5577 views442Dale

Morley to Salop?? on 21:01 - Aug 25 by Brierls

Blackpool have made a bid for Shrews midfielder Josh Vela.

I didn’t go last night but been told that Morley had a very good game. I think he’s been pretty poor overall up to that point.

Last year of his contract, not been very good for the last season and a bit, other midfield options. If that bid starts getting to £200K or above, I’d be waving thanks and goodbye I think.

Yep, especially if it means we have more flexibility to look at getting the type of midfielder we have needed for forever.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Morley to Salop?? on 21:19 - Aug 25 with 5558 viewsKnowlesy

Watching that video of Kelly, he looks to have everything in the locker that Morley thinks he has, but can actually pull it off. If we can get 200k for Morley, we already have his replacement when he's fit, if we can get him firing.
Morley to Salop?? on 10:57 - Aug 26 with 4825 viewsAtThePeake

Morley to Salop?? on 21:19 - Aug 25 by Knowlesy

Watching that video of Kelly, he looks to have everything in the locker that Morley thinks he has, but can actually pull it off. If we can get 200k for Morley, we already have his replacement when he's fit, if we can get him firing.

The problem with those videos is, if someone has played 30+ games in a season it's very easy to compile 10 minutes of footage of them looking excellent. Morley for eg was pretty poor against Forest Green in my opinion, but I remember two passes in particular out to the left-wing that were inch perfect.

I'd rather him stay here for another year. I still think he can improve to a point where we could get much more than £200k for him although we would need him to sign a contract extension at some point for that to happen.

Tangled up in blue.

Morley to Salop?? on 11:44 - Aug 26 with 4719 viewsKnowlesy

I agree that it's easy to pick out a highlights package to make a player look better than they are, but to be fair to the lad there's a 10 minute video there and it's two leagues above, so it's clear there's a player in there. That's why I said if we can get him fit and firing, cos clearly something has gone wrong and he hasn't been fulfilling that potential.

For me, the ship has sailed for Morley. He seemed to have so much potential at 18 but hasn't kicked on and for me doesn't offer a great deal.
Morley to Salop?? on 11:49 - Aug 26 with 4696 viewsTVOS1907

Morley to Salop?? on 11:44 - Aug 26 by Knowlesy

I agree that it's easy to pick out a highlights package to make a player look better than they are, but to be fair to the lad there's a 10 minute video there and it's two leagues above, so it's clear there's a player in there. That's why I said if we can get him fit and firing, cos clearly something has gone wrong and he hasn't been fulfilling that potential.

For me, the ship has sailed for Morley. He seemed to have so much potential at 18 but hasn't kicked on and for me doesn't offer a great deal.

I know we can make stats say anything, but in terms of Opta style contribution points this season, he's joint-second with Max Taylor (both of them behind Alex Newby) from Dale's five matches played so far.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Morley to Salop?? on 12:33 - Aug 26 with 4575 viewsAtThePeake

Morley to Salop?? on 11:49 - Aug 26 by TVOS1907

I know we can make stats say anything, but in terms of Opta style contribution points this season, he's joint-second with Max Taylor (both of them behind Alex Newby) from Dale's five matches played so far.

Most assists last season for us, as well as most passes attempted, most completed, most final-third passes attempted, second-most tackles, third-most interceptions. And that was quite a poor season for him.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Morley to Salop?? on 12:35 - Aug 26 with 4558 viewsboromat

Morley to Salop?? on 11:49 - Aug 26 by TVOS1907

Morley has been showing up in a lot of the top 5 stats of different measures so for this season.

I'm a fan I'd rather he stay especially in Stockdales team he seems to be given more freedom and treated like a true central midfielder rather than a quarterback forced to continuously try ridiculous passes. Now he gets further up the pitch and some of his through balls and crosses from play have been excellent.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Morley to Salop?? on 12:36 - Aug 26 with 4560 viewsAtThePeake

Morley to Salop?? on 11:44 - Aug 26 by Knowlesy

I'm not even saying this as a huge Morley fan because I'm really not that, but it seems harsh to me to say the ship has sailed on a 21 year old academy graduate, particularly now we've dropped down a division.

Tangled up in blue.

Morley to Salop?? on 12:44 - Aug 26 with 4501 viewsDaley_Lama

Morley to Salop?? on 12:36 - Aug 26 by AtThePeake

I'm not even saying this as a huge Morley fan because I'm really not that, but it seems harsh to me to say the ship has sailed on a 21 year old academy graduate, particularly now we've dropped down a division.

Morley =‘Declan Rice.

Appreciated more by managers than fans.

Poll: DF in or out

Morley to Salop?? on 13:04 - Aug 26 with 4407 viewsbillbo

Morley to Salop?? on 12:33 - Aug 26 by AtThePeake

Most assists last season for us, as well as most passes attempted, most completed, most final-third passes attempted, second-most tackles, third-most interceptions. And that was quite a poor season for him.

I would say the above proves Aaron is a valuable member of the squad, should be playing at a higher level.
Morley to Salop?? on 13:28 - Aug 26 with 4298 viewsdingdangblue

Morley to Salop?? on 12:44 - Aug 26 by Daley_Lama

Morley =‘Declan Rice.

Appreciated more by managers than fans.

I think Morley is appreciated by fans who realise what type of player he is. Some fans seem to want him to be a Shaun Reid, Ollie Rathbone type who runs around for 90 mins all hussle and bustle but he ain't that.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2021 13:28]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Morley to Salop?? on 15:18 - Aug 26 with 4042 viewsnordenblue

Morley to Salop?? on 13:04 - Aug 26 by billbo

I would say the above proves Aaron is a valuable member of the squad, should be playing at a higher level.

Not sure he should be playing at a higher level, he had that chance last year and seemed bang average from the bits I saw at least
Morley to Salop?? on 20:36 - Aug 26 with 3607 viewspioneer

Morley to Salop?? on 15:18 - Aug 26 by nordenblue

Not sure he should be playing at a higher level, he had that chance last year and seemed bang average from the bits I saw at least

Hard to judge anyone on last seasons debacle. They were being asked to play in a confused system led by a dreamer. I am amazed they are not all in counselling after being subjected to tactical abuse over long periods.
Morley to Salop?? on 21:10 - Aug 26 with 3511 viewsShun

Morley to Salop?? on 12:33 - Aug 26 by AtThePeake

He regularly proved himself one of the most creative midfielders in League One, statistically. The defensive side of his game could do with a bit of work but I still find it incredible that so many people don’t rate him.
Morley to Salop?? on 22:09 - Aug 26 with 3334 viewsD_Alien

Morley to Salop?? on 21:10 - Aug 26 by Shun

He regularly proved himself one of the most creative midfielders in League One, statistically. The defensive side of his game could do with a bit of work but I still find it incredible that so many people don’t rate him.

People will make judgements from "bits they saw"

Whether they should admit to that is another matter

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Morley to Salop?? on 22:40 - Aug 26 with 3230 viewsDaleiLama

Whilst he is not indispensable imho, I would only want him to leave for an offer we couldn't refuse, since we can expect football injuries and maybe more Covid downtime amongst the squad. Last year we were paper thin some weeks. Would hope we don't find ourselves there again, especially now we have some more cash from the Burnley tie to help balance the books.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Morley to Salop?? on 23:57 - Aug 26 with 3085 viewsShun

Another stat he’s excelling in:

Morley to Salop?? on 07:09 - Aug 27 with 2861 viewsnordenblue

Morley to Salop?? on 22:09 - Aug 26 by D_Alien

People will make judgements from "bits they saw"

Whether they should admit to that is another matter

Aww bless
Morley to Salop?? on 08:06 - Aug 27 with 2784 viewselectricblue

Morley to Salop?? on 22:40 - Aug 26 by DaleiLama

Whilst he is not indispensable imho, I would only want him to leave for an offer we couldn't refuse, since we can expect football injuries and maybe more Covid downtime amongst the squad. Last year we were paper thin some weeks. Would hope we don't find ourselves there again, especially now we have some more cash from the Burnley tie to help balance the books.

Are we expecting anymore signings before the window closes!

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Morley to Salop?? on 11:46 - Aug 27 with 2493 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Morley hasn't kicked on since BBM took over and neither has anyone else. The last 3 years have been like trying to climb a downward moving escalator. I think we'll see improvement from all our players under Stockdale, because he seems motivated, unlike BBM whom was a puppet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024