Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WestRose Leisure Limited... 03:36 - Sep 5 with 3918 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

... & Tommy Cannon. What could the 2 maybe have in common?

we wonder.

#UpTheDaleNotForSale
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 11:45]

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

WestRose Leisure Limited... on 03:42 - Sep 5 with 3905 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

on an unrelated note - would a former director be tempted to sell shares in the club he has supported since he was in nappies (👀) to a couple of wide boys from Dagenham & Essex as maybe a big F U to the fans who voted him off the board?

we wonder.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 11:46]

WestRose Leisure Limited... on 09:15 - Sep 5 with 3584 viewsZac_B

Ah, the lovely director who allegedly tried to dictate where a previous stadium announcer could and couldn't drink...
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 9:23]
WestRose Leisure Limited... on 11:24 - Sep 5 with 3324 viewsDalenet

Is there a suggestion that the bars at the stadium may have been "leased or sold" to the said director in return for financial support?

I suspect the said Director has had a torrid time in his main business over covid and may want to release cash from his investments. So be it. But any suggestion around irregularities for trading the clubs bars would be a worry
WestRose Leisure Limited... on 14:39 - Sep 5 with 3033 views100notout

WestRose Leisure Limited... on 11:24 - Sep 5 by Dalenet

Is there a suggestion that the bars at the stadium may have been "leased or sold" to the said director in return for financial support?

I suspect the said Director has had a torrid time in his main business over covid and may want to release cash from his investments. So be it. But any suggestion around irregularities for trading the clubs bars would be a worry

A worry indeed - even the clubs auditors were unhappy enough to qualify the annual accounts (two years in succession) regarding insufficient records for the bars at the club. Makes you wonder what was missing and why.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

WestRose Leisure Limited... on 20:50 - Sep 5 with 2644 viewsRAFCBLUE

WestRose Leisure Limited... on 11:24 - Sep 5 by Dalenet

No truth in that.

The Land Registry has Rochdale Association Football Club Limited as the legal owner in a purchase from 28 April 2015.

The announcement from the club was in March 2016.
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2016/march/rochdale-football-club-acquires-th

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

WestRose Leisure Limited... on 22:07 - Sep 5 with 2514 viewsdownunder

If I have all my facts correct, it would not be a bad thing (if it is to happen) that the bars were run by the same people who have taken over the catering.
WestRose Leisure Limited... on 22:17 - Sep 5 with 2490 viewsR17ALE

WestRose Leisure Limited... on 20:50 - Sep 5 by RAFCBLUE

No truth in that.

The Land Registry has Rochdale Association Football Club Limited as the legal owner in a purchase from 28 April 2015.

The announcement from the club was in March 2016.
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2016/march/rochdale-football-club-acquires-th

What is lesser known is the pub owns land around the front of the car park and, bizarrely around the Sandy Lane turnstiles including the walkway at the front of the Sandy terrace. There's only a handful of people who know this. Were the pub to fall into the wrong hands, the wrong hands would have the club, erm, over a barrell.

When JW Lees were owners, they were happy to grant unlimited access for occasional matchday hospitality as negotiated by the great Les Duckworth. It was when Patrick took over the Ratcliffes and he told me that Patrick had said to him, "if you look after me I'll look after you."

It was only a few years after Maggie had met Gorbachov and said, "we can do business!"

The land access connection to the pub goes even further back than I do when the social club which stood there was owned by Vaux Brewery I think.

I would expect someone like Sudden Lad or Big Kindo can correct any irregularities in this post.

But, anyone who knew this about the land, could, in theory make significant financial gains from RAFC if they acquired the pub. They could charge the club for the right of fans to enter The Sandy. Now, who would know this and want to do it? And who at the club would sign this off? And for how much?

That's the question here.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 22:29]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

WestRose Leisure Limited... on 23:07 - Sep 5 with 2405 viewsjudd

WestRose Leisure Limited... on 22:17 - Sep 5 by R17ALE

What is lesser known is the pub owns land around the front of the car park and, bizarrely around the Sandy Lane turnstiles including the walkway at the front of the Sandy terrace. There's only a handful of people who know this. Were the pub to fall into the wrong hands, the wrong hands would have the club, erm, over a barrell.

When JW Lees were owners, they were happy to grant unlimited access for occasional matchday hospitality as negotiated by the great Les Duckworth. It was when Patrick took over the Ratcliffes and he told me that Patrick had said to him, "if you look after me I'll look after you."

It was only a few years after Maggie had met Gorbachov and said, "we can do business!"

The land access connection to the pub goes even further back than I do when the social club which stood there was owned by Vaux Brewery I think.

I would expect someone like Sudden Lad or Big Kindo can correct any irregularities in this post.

But, anyone who knew this about the land, could, in theory make significant financial gains from RAFC if they acquired the pub. They could charge the club for the right of fans to enter The Sandy. Now, who would know this and want to do it? And who at the club would sign this off? And for how much?

I remember Chris Dunphy making many references to having regained the pub "and the car park".

That is very significant.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

WestRose Leisure Limited... on 00:16 - Sep 6 with 2322 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

All very interesting detail from R17ALE, which leads to a few clearer questions.

- Who would know about this quirk of the land, and would have a motive to acquire it against the best interests of the football club / fanbase? Would this motive sit with an individual / business who has told fans to politely get away and offer themselves solo pleasure (albeit anatomically impossible to do so in the suggested manner!) at a football match in the past?

- Would this person / business already be in the licenced premises trade? & would they have made a formal or informal offer to purchase this bar / land around the start of June?

- Who would this person / business make a formal / informal offer to purchase the pub & land to? We would imagine somebody in a senior administrative role within the Football Club.

- If this hypothetical situation had got off the ground (we thankfully don't think it did due to other events potentially unfolding at the time), could it have been ratified and completed without the full and proper knowledge of the board of the Football Club? We'd suggest there has been precedent with other key decisions under the previous administration that it could have been completed in that manner.

We wonder.

WestRose Leisure Limited... on 07:47 - Sep 6 with 2090 viewsboromat

WestRose Leisure Limited... on 22:17 - Sep 5 by R17ALE

If that's the case and we now own both can't we update the land registrys for both changing the lines in our favour and maybe adding covenants for access if they don't already exist.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

WestRose Leisure Limited... on 08:08 - Sep 6 with 2058 viewsDalenet

WestRose Leisure Limited... on 07:47 - Sep 6 by boromat

If that's the case and we now own both can't we update the land registrys for both changing the lines in our favour and maybe adding covenants for access if they don't already exist.

That is the issue - we need to change the titles and update the Land Registry. That would make that asset less attractive for a sale.
WestRose Leisure Limited... on 08:11 - Sep 6 with 2052 viewsJames1980

WestRose Leisure Limited... on 08:08 - Sep 6 by Dalenet

That is the issue - we need to change the titles and update the Land Registry. That would make that asset less attractive for a sale.

Would that require a vote by shareholders?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

WestRose Leisure Limited... on 08:41 - Sep 6 with 1996 viewsDalenet

WestRose Leisure Limited... on 08:11 - Sep 6 by James1980

Would that require a vote by shareholders?

No. Just procedural
WestRose Leisure Limited... on 08:54 - Sep 6 with 1955 viewsJames1980

The board should get on to it immediately if not sooner, if they haven't already.

WestRose Leisure Limited... on 12:45 - Sep 6 with 1673 viewsfinberty

WestRose Leisure Limited... on 08:54 - Sep 6 by James1980

The board should get on to it immediately if not sooner, if they haven't already.

Sooner than immediately James? That's sounds a very BBM-type idea to me.
WestRose Leisure Limited... on 12:50 - Sep 6 with 1657 viewsJames1980

WestRose Leisure Limited... on 12:45 - Sep 6 by finberty

Sooner than immediately James? That's sounds a very BBM-type idea to me.

That would be getting 'the process' started straight away. To find out too late the paperwork hadn't been stamped and signed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024