Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should clubs mandate players to Covid vaccinate? 10:58 - Sep 10 with 2188 viewsjonahwhereru

Have just read Karl Darlow’s piece on the BBC re his time in hospital with Covid. I was surprised that numerous clubs have confirmed some of their players are not vaccinated. Can or should the clubs mandate players to get the jab? This is an interesting one. In normal circumstances you would expect professional sports people to take any reasonable precautions to make sure they can ply their trade and protect their colleagues.
Don’t know the position at Dale but think my stance as an employee would be that if you were contacted prior to vaccines being available then it can remain a choice. However it would be a conditioned of any new contracts the the player is jabbed.
It may be by the beginning of next season this is not such a significant issue in terms of spread but for now I struggle to see why players would be prepared to take a chance with their availability.
Should clubs mandate players to Covid vaccinate? on 11:12 - Sep 10 with 2162 viewsboromat

I don't think you can mandate it. But there shouldn't be added provisions for non-vaccinated ie isolating, social distancing etc.

You could maybe mandate it for new signings.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Should clubs mandate players to Covid vaccinate? on 12:22 - Sep 10 with 2067 viewswatford_dale

Should clubs mandate players to Covid vaccinate? on 11:12 - Sep 10 by boromat

I don't think you can mandate it. But there shouldn't be added provisions for non-vaccinated ie isolating, social distancing etc.

You could maybe mandate it for new signings.

I believe in the NFL that if a player contracts covid and has not been jabbed then they are not allowed to play and they get docked wages for not being fit to pay when they could have been.

That should sort it.
Should clubs mandate players to Covid vaccinate? on 13:04 - Sep 10 with 2016 viewsboromat

Should clubs mandate players to Covid vaccinate? on 12:22 - Sep 10 by watford_dale

I believe in the NFL that if a player contracts covid and has not been jabbed then they are not allowed to play and they get docked wages for not being fit to pay when they could have been.

That should sort it.

Yes I don't know the legalities of it all....

I'm sure there are ways.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Should clubs mandate players to Covid vaccinate? on 13:33 - Sep 10 with 1982 viewsnordenblue

Or why they should HAVE to have a vaccination they might not want... its been done to death on here about "covid passports" and the like.

Quite an interesting article,regardless of your opinion on covid, regarding 2 long standing band members of Shed Seven quitting over exactly the same issue.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 13:48]
Should clubs mandate players to Covid vaccinate? on 13:43 - Sep 10 with 1954 views49thseason

Should clubs mandate players to Covid vaccinate? on 13:33 - Sep 10 by nordenblue

Or why they should HAVE to have a vaccination they might not want... its been done to death on here about "covid passports" and the like.

Quite an interesting article,regardless of your opinion on covid, regarding 2 long standing band members of Shed Seven quitting over exactly the same issue.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 13:48]

Eric Clapton on his Covid vaccination and its diasterous effects on him.
Should clubs mandate players to Covid vaccinate? on 13:50 - Sep 10 with 1920 views442Dale

It’s clear to see the benefits of the vaccine. It’s up to individuals if they want to go down that route.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Should clubs mandate players to Covid vaccinate? on 14:09 - Sep 10 with 1869 viewsD_Alien

Should clubs mandate players to Covid vaccinate? on 13:43 - Sep 10 by 49thseason

Eric Clapton on his Covid vaccination and its diasterous effects on him.

'Slebs will vent, it's what they do

Has he put out any anti-substance abuse videos recently?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Should clubs mandate players to Covid vaccinate? on 14:41 - Sep 10 with 1797 viewsMoonyDale

Should clubs mandate players to Covid vaccinate? on 14:09 - Sep 10 by D_Alien

'Slebs will vent, it's what they do

Has he put out any anti-substance abuse videos recently?

This utter clown was ranting about not being able to play due to pain in his finger joints, maybe just maybe a lifetime of playing has caused arthritis in his fingers, just a thought like....Or the pounds of white stuff that's gone into his system over the same period....As for mandating vaccines, can't and shouldn't be done...That's a slippery slope to go down...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

Should clubs mandate players to Covid vaccinate? on 14:48 - Sep 10 with 1786 viewsnordenblue

Should clubs mandate players to Covid vaccinate? on 14:41 - Sep 10 by MoonyDale

This utter clown was ranting about not being able to play due to pain in his finger joints, maybe just maybe a lifetime of playing has caused arthritis in his fingers, just a thought like....Or the pounds of white stuff that's gone into his system over the same period....As for mandating vaccines, can't and shouldn't be done...That's a slippery slope to go down...

Sorry voted down by mistake... absolutely spot on
Should clubs mandate players to Covid vaccinate? on 14:52 - Sep 10 with 1770 viewsD_Alien

Should clubs mandate players to Covid vaccinate? on 14:48 - Sep 10 by nordenblue

Sorry voted down by mistake... absolutely spot on

MD hit the right note as well as any slowhand ever did there

That's why i upvoted too

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Should clubs mandate players to Covid vaccinate? on 15:00 - Sep 10 with 1756 viewselectricblue

I think it should be down to the ruling bodies to sort this and directly the clubs.
Organisations like the PL, FA, EFL, Fifa, Uefa, Concacaf etc should ballot the members...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024