Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Cashman interview 09:20 - Sep 13 with 3332 viewsjpresto

Just listened to the interview and its great he is enjoying his time here. As an aside I listened again without looking at the screen and I was convinced it was Hendo talking; so similar accent
Danny Cashman interview on 11:57 - Sep 13 with 3119 viewsjonahwhereru

He is very fluent in his interviews for one who has such little experience. His is streets ahead of the other players who have been interviewed. Although the bar is set pretty low. The predictable questions are asked in a way that there is limited scope for players to elaborate or express the personality, which doesn’t help. I would like to see the interviewer throws in questions like “ what the biggest change you have had to adapt to”, “what differences are their in the Brighton and Dale training techniques”.
Don’t think he will be flatter by the vocal reference to Hendo, who is from carrot bashing country, while Danny is from what the posh types call the Home Counties.
Danny Cashman interview on 16:57 - Sep 13 with 2877 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Danny Cashman interview on 11:57 - Sep 13 by jonahwhereru

He is very fluent in his interviews for one who has such little experience. His is streets ahead of the other players who have been interviewed. Although the bar is set pretty low. The predictable questions are asked in a way that there is limited scope for players to elaborate or express the personality, which doesn’t help. I would like to see the interviewer throws in questions like “ what the biggest change you have had to adapt to”, “what differences are their in the Brighton and Dale training techniques”.
Don’t think he will be flatter by the vocal reference to Hendo, who is from carrot bashing country, while Danny is from what the posh types call the Home Counties.

What I cannot work out, is what happened regarding us getting him on loan, if I get facts incorrect then please excuse me.

We wanted him permanently, but he ended up choosing Coventry, which is understandable with them being higher league. I am assuming he has signed a 2 or 3 year deal there. He then joins us on loan permanently immediately.

What I cannot understand is did we see him as good enough to sign on loan regardless of if he was now permanently at another club, why Coventry never had him for a few weeks to train with them, do we have an option to buy if we want to (effectively free money for Coventry assuming we are paying wages) just seems odd that we signed an unproven player who joined another club a day or so before. Think I have only ever seen that with a player coming back on loan to the selling club.

Not complaining but deal seems very unusual.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Danny Cashman interview on 19:13 - Sep 14 with 2487 viewsCleedale

Danny Cashman interview on 16:57 - Sep 13 by Thacks_Rabbits

What I cannot work out, is what happened regarding us getting him on loan, if I get facts incorrect then please excuse me.

We wanted him permanently, but he ended up choosing Coventry, which is understandable with them being higher league. I am assuming he has signed a 2 or 3 year deal there. He then joins us on loan permanently immediately.

What I cannot understand is did we see him as good enough to sign on loan regardless of if he was now permanently at another club, why Coventry never had him for a few weeks to train with them, do we have an option to buy if we want to (effectively free money for Coventry assuming we are paying wages) just seems odd that we signed an unproven player who joined another club a day or so before. Think I have only ever seen that with a player coming back on loan to the selling club.

Not complaining but deal seems very unusual.

My guess is that Coventry knew they could outbid us with Cashman but he's possibly surplus to requirements there and with a 3 year deal , someone they are looking at long-term.

Perhaps the question was asked, "how about having him on loan?" Perhaps this suited Dale and Cov. and with business already completed with Tavares, connections are already in place for more business in the future.

Also, the speed with which our pre-season transpired, both on and off the field, it was seen as good business to get someone in who was already on the radar.

The lad also appears to have come on great guns so far in that at first he could be easily dispossessed and perhaps was a tad surprised at the pace and abilities already in L2.
Danny Cashman interview on 15:02 - Sep 15 with 2022 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Danny Cashman interview on 19:13 - Sep 14 by Cleedale

My guess is that Coventry knew they could outbid us with Cashman but he's possibly surplus to requirements there and with a 3 year deal , someone they are looking at long-term.

Perhaps the question was asked, "how about having him on loan?" Perhaps this suited Dale and Cov. and with business already completed with Tavares, connections are already in place for more business in the future.

Also, the speed with which our pre-season transpired, both on and off the field, it was seen as good business to get someone in who was already on the radar.

The lad also appears to have come on great guns so far in that at first he could be easily dispossessed and perhaps was a tad surprised at the pace and abilities already in L2.

That makes sense, particularly if they are contributing to his wages, so we are getting him cheaper than if we had signed him permanently.

It’s really nice to see the number of striking options we have now and the different things they offer. Beesley from what I have seen is starting to look really promising and flourishing under a good manager.

Long may it continue. UTDNFS

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024