Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Greaves dies 10:19 - Sep 19 with 1628 viewsSuddenLad

Aged 81. Fantastic player and goalscorer. England great and Tottenham legend.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Jimmy Greaves dies on 10:55 - Sep 19 with 1568 viewsfrenzied

One of my favourite players...an outstanding talent... love watching the footage of his time at Spurs..a terrific auto biography..Greavsie well worth a read..brutally honest...then the Saint and Greavsie show kept me highly entertained on a Saturday...Thanks for everything Jimmy...RIP
Jimmy Greaves dies on 11:05 - Sep 19 with 1535 viewsD_Alien

Possibly the most natural goalscorer of his, or any, generation. Never needed to shoot, he just passed the ball into the net through sheer timing and placement

He was living the dream until an injury in the group stages of the '66 World Cup gave Geoff Hurst his chance and, though fit for the Final, the rest is history

I'm sure there'll be plenty of footage of him over the coming days, just mesmerising to watch in his heyday. Equally entertaining as a TV personality too

RIP Jimmy

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jimmy Greaves dies on 12:40 - Sep 19 with 1407 viewspioneer

Jimmy Greaves dies on 11:05 - Sep 19 by D_Alien

Possibly the most natural goalscorer of his, or any, generation. Never needed to shoot, he just passed the ball into the net through sheer timing and placement

He was living the dream until an injury in the group stages of the '66 World Cup gave Geoff Hurst his chance and, though fit for the Final, the rest is history

I'm sure there'll be plenty of footage of him over the coming days, just mesmerising to watch in his heyday. Equally entertaining as a TV personality too

RIP Jimmy

photo on BBC sport website with Harry Kane. In really poor shape after his second stroke. So sad to see him like that….someone with a great sense of humour and full of energy. Thats how Ill remeber him.

one of the greatest goalscorers of all time…..following on the recent passing of another, Gerd Muller..
Jimmy Greaves dies on 12:46 - Sep 19 with 1399 views49thseason

Sad news, Jimmy was my boyhood hero. He had superb acceleration and an unerring finish. His years at Tottenham were epic and their appearances on MOTD were required viewing if only for the interplay between Greaves and Bobby Smith, Greaves and Gilzean and Greaves and Chivers. If there is a Tottenham team in heaven, they will queuing up to play alongside Jimmy Greaves.
Jimmy Greaves dies on 14:25 - Sep 19 with 1295 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

The tags of “legend” & “the greatest” are thrown around like confetti these days.
This guy was both.
Jimmy Greaves dies on 18:12 - Sep 19 with 1141 viewsblackdogblue

St & Geavsie… fond memories growing up.. Sad news.. RIP

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Jimmy Greaves dies on 19:30 - Sep 19 with 1083 viewssince58

When we were kids playing out games whichhad been onthe telly, we all wanted to be greavsie.
God bless Jimmy R.I.P.
Jimmy Greaves dies on 20:56 - Sep 19 with 1005 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Jimmy Greaves dies on 19:30 - Sep 19 by since58

When we were kids playing out games whichhad been onthe telly, we all wanted to be greavsie.
God bless Jimmy R.I.P.

RIP Jimmy. A superb player and his tv work was fantastic, when it was encouraged to have a personality and not be a sheep. Apparently the reason saint and greevsie was cancelled.

There is a great story where he is asked which club he played best for (keeping it brief compared to Jimmy) he said that Chelsea fans say it was my time at Chelsea. Spurs fans say it was my time at Spurs. West Ham fans say it must have been one of the other 2.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Greaves dies on 23:17 - Sep 19 with 922 viewsDiddyDave

Jimmy Greaves, what a player for Chelsea, Tottenham and England. A player who`d regularly notch 30 goals a season, 41 I believe he scored for Chelsea one season. He was never one to smack it in from the edge of the penalty area, his forte was being in the right place at the right time to snaffle a rebound of keeper or post, or be at the end of a sweeping move. As a Utd supporter, we used to hate Jimmy (I think we all secretly admired him, but would never admit to it)cos we knew there was going to be a goal or two in him each game he played against us. Pity he missed out on being in the `66 World Cup winning team though he was in the squad, but got injured and Alf Ramsey decided to go with Hunt and Hurst as has been mentioned. But growing up in the fabulous 60s: the football (both codes), the music, the new freedoms we all had cos all of us had 40 hour a week jobs, Jimmy Greaves was a part of that. Thanks for the memories Jimmy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024