Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew 23:05 - Sep 19 with 2679 viewspioneer

Good to have the NFL back and the Bills winning in a not so close one.

NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 05:50 - Sep 20 with 2615 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 09:29 - Sep 20 with 2546 viewspioneer

NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 05:50 - Sep 20 by DaleiLama

I was at that game DL.

Could never understand it, only in the Canadian league can the score be 1-1😊
NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 10:58 - Sep 20 with 2505 viewsNigeriamark

NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 09:29 - Sep 20 by pioneer

I was at that game DL.

Could never understand it, only in the Canadian league can the score be 1-1😊

Fins cost me winning my first fantasy football match up. I lost by a point because the person I was playing had the Bills defence who scored a whopping 22 points. thought they may run the Bills close but a complete blow out

Browns have had an odd start. Played great against the Chiefs last week but just lost. Played poorly in defence yesterday but managed to win. Overall quite optimistic for the season as Mayfield looks to have improved, but primarily because the Chubb / Hunt partnership is as good as there is in the NFL. 11-6 is my prediction

DL - what are your thoughts on the Fins - was yesterday just a one off?
NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 12:04 - Sep 20 with 2473 viewsDaleiLama

NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 10:58 - Sep 20 by Nigeriamark

Fins cost me winning my first fantasy football match up. I lost by a point because the person I was playing had the Bills defence who scored a whopping 22 points. thought they may run the Bills close but a complete blow out

Browns have had an odd start. Played great against the Chiefs last week but just lost. Played poorly in defence yesterday but managed to win. Overall quite optimistic for the season as Mayfield looks to have improved, but primarily because the Chubb / Hunt partnership is as good as there is in the NFL. 11-6 is my prediction

The fact that there are only two undefeated AFC teams already speaks volumes about parity.

Fins toughed it out in week 1 vs Pats and won by a narrow margin in spite of Mac Jones playing very well for a rookie (I see why Cam was released). Last night was entirely self-inflicted. Our O line deficiencies were covered up by Fitz last year, but they got Tua's ribs broken or badly hurt after about half a dozen plays. The line is either too young or not good enough - jury still out on that one. Brisset played OK, but no match for Bills. Allen looking a good way off his 2020 form so far, but we made so many dumb mistakes last night it was a complete embarrassment ...... Hornets could have beaten us. Takes me a lot to switch off before the final whistle. I did so at 28-0. Now looks like I won't see Tua at Spurs new stadium next month either. Topped off an unmemorable weekend ....... food poisoning in St. Ives on Friday so missed out on last night dinner, 10 hour drive home and lost hotel money for booking on Saturday night stopover, Dale lost the lead then Fins shat the bed. All in all, gruesome.

NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 16:02 - Sep 20 with 2389 viewsjonahwhereru

NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 10:58 - Sep 20 by Nigeriamark

The Browns surprised me this week defensively. The DE’s for all their notoriety couldn’t muster a sack between them. But Delpit as a Safety on debut makes 2. I know the Walker was missing as the defensive on pitch play caller and they have many new faces but it just mirrors last year at present. That will change as they begin to gel and complement each other. But until they do with Beckham and Landry both potentially missing at wide receiver at the same time, I expect plenty of tight games like last year. Just as well we have a decent room of TE’s, and a great play calling coach.
The AFC North will be a very tight division this year decided by the In league match ups.
NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 09:55 - Oct 11 with 2198 viewspioneer

Revenge for the bills, comfortably beating the chiefs after last seasons AFC final.

“The bills make me want to shout”
NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 10:37 - Oct 11 with 2170 viewsDaleiLama

NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 09:55 - Oct 11 by pioneer

Revenge for the bills, comfortably beating the chiefs after last seasons AFC final.

“The bills make me want to shout”

Woke up in the wee small hours and nipped down to watch from mid Q3 - Bills probably would have won anyway, but the roughing the passer on KC, which called back the INT, was one of the biggest horseshit calls in the history of the NFL. Bad do when officiating decides games imho.

NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 10:51 - Oct 11 with 2160 viewsNigeriamark

NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 10:37 - Oct 11 by DaleiLama

Woke up in the wee small hours and nipped down to watch from mid Q3 - Bills probably would have won anyway, but the roughing the passer on KC, which called back the INT, was one of the biggest horseshit calls in the history of the NFL. Bad do when officiating decides games imho.

Browns suffered from a terrible holding call in the 4th Quarter against the chargers too. The WR had hold of the Browns shirt yet it went the other way. Other than that it was an amazing game with over 1,000 yards of offence 7 changes of lead ( I think). Difference is that Browns now have a good and improving QB whereas the Chargers have a brilliant QB
Login to get fewer ads

NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 11:50 - Oct 11 with 2133 viewsDaleiLama

NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 10:51 - Oct 11 by Nigeriamark

Browns suffered from a terrible holding call in the 4th Quarter against the chargers too. The WR had hold of the Browns shirt yet it went the other way. Other than that it was an amazing game with over 1,000 yards of offence 7 changes of lead ( I think). Difference is that Browns now have a good and improving QB whereas the Chargers have a brilliant QB

Saw a few tweets about that game. Regrettably, I'd thrown all my toys out of the pram by then and was watching a Danish crime drama so missed it, but it looked like a cracking game and I saw Baker had a brilliant comeback game after a shocker the week before. Dying seconds pass incomplete in the EZ so you were in it to the end.

My ire concerning egregious officiating calls was based on a couple of dire decisions against us and I'm old enough and ugly enough to know this goes both ways.

In truth, too, the Fins have gone through a woeful stretch (after a v tough start) with their back up QB in, but the worrying thing is the D has lapsed too. Hoping for better things from them when Tua returns Sunday at Spurs (hopefully) and I witness a win (after forking out an eye-watering £116 for a ticket including £9.45 for Ticketmaster to do sweet FA and a £2 digital delivery fee for a ticket which I haven't yet got and should have had by now!)

Speaking of the Chargers QB .............. you mean the one that was there when the Fins picked Tua, who everyone said "Herbert is inaccurate which can't be fixed"? Hmmmmmmmmmm. That one?
[Post edited 11 Oct 2021 11:53]

NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 13:04 - Oct 11 with 2092 viewspioneer

NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 11:50 - Oct 11 by DaleiLama

Saw a few tweets about that game. Regrettably, I'd thrown all my toys out of the pram by then and was watching a Danish crime drama so missed it, but it looked like a cracking game and I saw Baker had a brilliant comeback game after a shocker the week before. Dying seconds pass incomplete in the EZ so you were in it to the end.

My ire concerning egregious officiating calls was based on a couple of dire decisions against us and I'm old enough and ugly enough to know this goes both ways.

In truth, too, the Fins have gone through a woeful stretch (after a v tough start) with their back up QB in, but the worrying thing is the D has lapsed too. Hoping for better things from them when Tua returns Sunday at Spurs (hopefully) and I witness a win (after forking out an eye-watering £116 for a ticket including £9.45 for Ticketmaster to do sweet FA and a £2 digital delivery fee for a ticket which I haven't yet got and should have had by now!)

Speaking of the Chargers QB .............. you mean the one that was there when the Fins picked Tua, who everyone said "Herbert is inaccurate which can't be fixed"? Hmmmmmmmmmm. That one?

Ah ticketmaster, those hardworking angels of commerce…

9.45 x 60,000…..without taking my shoes and socks off its an awful lotta money to fund their services.

And to think they do it 16 times every week for 17 weeks plus play offs.

Where would we be without capitalism and its bedmate monopolism.

When i was still able to make work trips to north america I would watch out for the special deals, often around black friday for fee free day on ticket purchases though i think it was more an NBA/NHL thing than NFL.
NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 19:13 - Oct 14 with 1943 viewswatford_dale

NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 11:50 - Oct 11 by DaleiLama

There was one Miami ex-player who said pick Herbert and not Tua but they didn't listen to him. That person was Dan Marino.....
NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 19:31 - Oct 14 with 1937 viewsDaleiLama

NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 19:13 - Oct 14 by watford_dale

There was one Miami ex-player who said pick Herbert and not Tua but they didn't listen to him. That person was Dan Marino.....

Hadn't realised that WD. Maybe he saw a bit of himself in Herbert?!
Read a fantastic quote about him today "Ravens DC Wink Martindale on Justin Herbert: “He’s one of those guys that could throw a strawberry through a battleship.”

NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 18:47 - Oct 17 with 1831 viewsNigeriamark

NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 19:31 - Oct 14 by DaleiLama

Hadn't realised that WD. Maybe he saw a bit of himself in Herbert?!
Read a fantastic quote about him today "Ravens DC Wink Martindale on Justin Herbert: “He’s one of those guys that could throw a strawberry through a battleship.”

I hope you enjoyed the day out if not the result, it sounded a great atmosphere

Good game for the neutral with a last kick finish. However it was close because it was two poor teams going head to head. Tank for Trevor gets the win over Tank for Tua!!!
NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 11:09 - Oct 19 with 1654 viewsDaleiLama

NFL back, Bills feasting on fish stew on 18:47 - Oct 17 by Nigeriamark

I hope you enjoyed the day out if not the result, it sounded a great atmosphere

Good game for the neutral with a last kick finish. However it was close because it was two poor teams going head to head. Tank for Trevor gets the win over Tank for Tua!!!

Brilliant day out thanks Mark. nearly 61k in the stadium which is absolutely gorgeous state of the art stuff (though the signage to different blocks was p1ss poor). Don't know if you've done the 30min+ walk, but the road up from Seven Sisters to the new WHL is littered with pubs and offys and every single one was packed with NFL fans getting leathered pre-match.

We were down our #1 and #2 starting CBs and 2 of our better receivers but ........

Lost to a team which has not won for 20 games and starting a rookie QB. Enough said. It almost seemed like neither team wanted to win, but we were outcoached with 6 seconds left and the tie was broken (which was good cos I was meeting my g/f @ 6:30 for a steak after and would have missed the booking if it had gone to OT). As a long-suffering Dale fan, defeat is not something I am unaccustomed to so following a once great but now crap NFL team is something I have learned to live with too. There's always next year .......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024