Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Head Bean Counter wanted 12:15 - Sep 23 with 3694 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/september/vacancy_headoffinance/

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Head Bean Counter wanted on 13:39 - Sep 23 with 3538 viewsDalenet

It is an important job - the description is far wider than bean counter - it needs to bring analytical and forecasting capability. These people are hard to find without very good salaries - I know as I am looking for them for two organisations right now. I see this as a positive move to support the Board in making sensible and informed decisions.
Head Bean Counter wanted on 14:10 - Sep 23 with 3468 viewsJames1980

Head Bean Counter wanted on 13:39 - Sep 23 by Dalenet

It is an important job - the description is far wider than bean counter - it needs to bring analytical and forecasting capability. These people are hard to find without very good salaries - I know as I am looking for them for two organisations right now. I see this as a positive move to support the Board in making sensible and informed decisions.

No disrespect was intended sorry. I am confident our excellent board will employ a superb person for this very important position.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Head Bean Counter wanted on 14:14 - Sep 23 with 3442 viewsD_Alien

Head Bean Counter wanted on 14:10 - Sep 23 by James1980

No disrespect was intended sorry. I am confident our excellent board will employ a superb person for this very important position.

I doubt hardly anyone thought you were being disrespectful, James

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Head Bean Counter wanted on 14:18 - Sep 23 with 3425 viewsjudd

Head Bean Counter wanted on 14:14 - Sep 23 by D_Alien

I doubt hardly anyone thought you were being disrespectful, James

I did.

Disgusting.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Head Bean Counter wanted on 14:39 - Sep 23 with 3363 viewsD_Alien

Head Bean Counter wanted on 14:18 - Sep 23 by judd

I did.

Disgusting.

There's no accounting for some folk

Head Bean Counter wanted on 14:43 - Sep 23 with 3338 viewsfrenzied

Head Bean Counter wanted on 14:39 - Sep 23 by D_Alien

There's no accounting for some folk

Clever retort!!!
Head Bean Counter wanted on 14:46 - Sep 23 with 3325 viewsjudd

Head Bean Counter wanted on 14:43 - Sep 23 by frenzied

Clever retort!!!

Careful, before you know it he'll have ledger down the garden path

Head Bean Counter wanted on 14:52 - Sep 23 with 3311 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Head Bean Counter wanted on 14:46 - Sep 23 by judd

I have heard strong rumours that you are a fan of “double entry” Judd 😊

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

Head Bean Counter wanted on 15:53 - Sep 23 with 3237 viewsDaleiLama

That would be a crual twist

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Head Bean Counter wanted on 16:02 - Sep 23 with 3212 viewsjudd

Head Bean Counter wanted on 14:52 - Sep 23 by Thacks_Rabbits

I have heard strong rumours that you are a fan of “double entry” Judd 😊

I thought that film had been archived.

Head Bean Counter wanted on 16:59 - Sep 23 with 3111 viewsD_Alien

Heath?

You're joking?

Head Bean Counter wanted on 17:38 - Sep 23 with 3039 viewsdingdangblue

Hopefully we can attract a young and enthusiastic person - wouldn't want a has bean counter.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Head Bean Counter wanted on 22:26 - Sep 23 with 2753 viewsdownunder

Head Bean Counter wanted on 17:38 - Sep 23 by dingdangblue

Hopefully we can attract a young and enthusiastic person - wouldn't want a has bean counter.

Or anyone that might do a runner.
Head Bean Counter wanted on 09:34 - Sep 24 with 2545 viewsupthedale

We need a credit to the club
Head Bean Counter wanted on 20:28 - Sep 24 with 2284 viewswatford_dale

Head Bean Counter wanted on 13:39 - Sep 23 by Dalenet

I don't think they will suffer a lack of candidates through complexity of post, t will be through the salary package being offered as everyone is trying to recruit at the moment. Here's why it is not complex:

1) Monthly reporting of key financial information will be a standard suite of metrics because there is only so much you can analyse and therefore do with the information. Plus this is not the arena to unleash analysis that the financial world has never seen before and thinks is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

2) Knock up a set of accounts, any accountant worth their salt should be able to do so this plus the complexity of accounts is most definitely at the Janet and John end of the scale of difficulty, which is borne out by the submission of accounts under the small companies regulations. If this is a challenge then I would suggest that the accountant won their qualification in a lucky dip.

3) Forecasting, how much can you really do barring crowds and, at a push, the club shop.

The challenge in this job will be trying to spin out, what is essentially a 2 - 3 day job for the entire week. They should ensure that playing sudoku is an essential quality on the job description.
Head Bean Counter wanted on 20:51 - Sep 24 with 2254 viewsD_Alien

Head Bean Counter wanted on 20:28 - Sep 24 by watford_dale

I don't think they will suffer a lack of candidates through complexity of post, t will be through the salary package being offered as everyone is trying to recruit at the moment. Here's why it is not complex:

1) Monthly reporting of key financial information will be a standard suite of metrics because there is only so much you can analyse and therefore do with the information. Plus this is not the arena to unleash analysis that the financial world has never seen before and thinks is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

2) Knock up a set of accounts, any accountant worth their salt should be able to do so this plus the complexity of accounts is most definitely at the Janet and John end of the scale of difficulty, which is borne out by the submission of accounts under the small companies regulations. If this is a challenge then I would suggest that the accountant won their qualification in a lucky dip.

3) Forecasting, how much can you really do barring crowds and, at a push, the club shop.

The challenge in this job will be trying to spin out, what is essentially a 2 - 3 day job for the entire week. They should ensure that playing sudoku is an essential quality on the job description.

Interesting thoughts

Parkinson would agree

Head Bean Counter wanted on 23:29 - Sep 24 with 2162 viewspioneer

And an up to date CV is not a requirement!
Head Bean Counter wanted on 10:58 - Sep 28 with 1765 viewsAuditor

What do you make of the IFRS requirement... seems strange considering we must be reporting in UKGAAP.... well I presume its UKGAAP, converting to IFRS is a pain in the ....
Head Bean Counter wanted on 11:54 - Sep 28 with 1689 viewsncfc_chalky

James,why must you always feel the need to apologise for everything,you come over as a nice person and are entitled to your view but it really irritates me how this country seems to feel the need to say sorry to anybody or everybody incase they've offended someone somewhere

I've got no option but to mark you down again

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024