Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall 19:59 - Sep 30 with 5865 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

The October update has landed from the Trust this evening... its worth grabbing a brew and having a read - we did and now feel physically sick about the threat of #MattSouthall becoming involved in the club.

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 20:02 - Sep 30 with 4890 viewsThreeLions

Just where is the 'investment' money coming from as Southall is skint. This fight is going to be even larger than the one against Morton House. Now is the time to pull together again Dale supporters!
Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 20:19 - Sep 30 with 4830 viewsvisualman

I have just read the email and what comes across is he is a delusional man
He is stating what Morton house said that we are skint and have no money and will not survive
That we are in trouble with the EFL regarding the shares that the EFL have said Morton House can’t own because they do did pass their directors test and Rochdale will be hit with fines
As far as I understand Rochdale are in talks with the EFL about this and it is all down to legal terms etc..
He said he is opposed to Rochdale issuing more Shares which means that we most do in passing the EGM to issue more shares as it will dilute his shares which is what we want
We need to keep this idiot out of Rochdale and any football club EFL need to grow some and tell him to -iss off
Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 21:05 - Sep 30 with 4682 viewsncfc_chalky

Wow what a read this month's email is, it's been like a soap opera for you Daley's over the past few month

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 21:10 - Sep 30 with 4663 viewsboromat

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 20:19 - Sep 30 by visualman

I have just read the email and what comes across is he is a delusional man
He is stating what Morton house said that we are skint and have no money and will not survive
That we are in trouble with the EFL regarding the shares that the EFL have said Morton House can’t own because they do did pass their directors test and Rochdale will be hit with fines
As far as I understand Rochdale are in talks with the EFL about this and it is all down to legal terms etc..
He said he is opposed to Rochdale issuing more Shares which means that we most do in passing the EGM to issue more shares as it will dilute his shares which is what we want
We need to keep this idiot out of Rochdale and any football club EFL need to grow some and tell him to -iss off

Also if he has purchased 25% then why would we be penalised by the EFL because Morton House would then have less than the 30% and therefore wouldn't be required to pass the owners test. Regardless the whole thing is nuts to think we could be punished for the actions of an external entity out of the club's control.

Just seen a tweet that says Matt Southall had the bailiffs round this morning. Do they seize assets such as shares as well or just physical possessions
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 21:11]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 21:34 - Sep 30 with 4546 viewsncfc_chalky

Another thing mentioned in the newsletter was the priority that club made in making sure that season card holders could get a seat for big games like last Saturday's,I've experienced this at Notts and it usually means that you can go online a day earlier to buy a ticket,I've got a Country card and was amazed to get a phone call from Kirsty at RAFC asking if I would be needing a ticket for the Oldham game as demand would be high for them,this really is going the extra mile in caring for the fans interests and I doubt that there's any other club that does that,quite extraordinary and worth mentioning

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 08:54 - Oct 1 with 4088 viewsNorthernDale

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 21:10 - Sep 30 by boromat

Also if he has purchased 25% then why would we be penalised by the EFL because Morton House would then have less than the 30% and therefore wouldn't be required to pass the owners test. Regardless the whole thing is nuts to think we could be punished for the actions of an external entity out of the club's control.

Just seen a tweet that says Matt Southall had the bailiffs round this morning. Do they seize assets such as shares as well or just physical possessions

Shares are assets!

What is the issue with Andrew Kelly shares, he can sell them to anyone he wants, just because they want his shares to take over the club, to me it does not mean that he as to sell them to the shysters.

There was a number of issues in respect to the trust article

1, What is he on about that that under his ownership the fans would return, the gates we get represent at present are the gates I would expect us to get, so what are the fans is he on about? Does he think we wold get 5 or 6,000 if he was in charge?

2, He contradicts himself many times, he said that he does not want to takeover the club or become a director, but then under his ownership, he seemed to imply that we would improve as a club. If he as no interest in becoming a director, why is talking about 'under his ownership'?

3, He claims that we are seriously in debt and close to going out of business, but then at the same time he did not know the finance of the club, he seems to be BS so we would welcome him as our saviour. The tactic Curran and Rose tried to do, and they were proved to be liars. He claims he left Charlton in a better place, but he cost them a fortune in payments and debts, to the extent that he is hated by the fan base.

4, He claims that he would pass the F & P test, but he as been found guilty in a court of seeking to control Charlton by fraudulent means, so is he saying the EFL would allow a person found guilty of fraud to takeover a club and where is income coming from, if he is so wealthy, why would the bailiffs be knocking on his door? The man is delusional to say the least
Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 09:28 - Oct 1 with 4024 viewsSuddenLad

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 08:54 - Oct 1 by NorthernDale

Shares are assets!

What is the issue with Andrew Kelly shares, he can sell them to anyone he wants, just because they want his shares to take over the club, to me it does not mean that he as to sell them to the shysters.

There was a number of issues in respect to the trust article

1, What is he on about that that under his ownership the fans would return, the gates we get represent at present are the gates I would expect us to get, so what are the fans is he on about? Does he think we wold get 5 or 6,000 if he was in charge?

2, He contradicts himself many times, he said that he does not want to takeover the club or become a director, but then under his ownership, he seemed to imply that we would improve as a club. If he as no interest in becoming a director, why is talking about 'under his ownership'?

3, He claims that we are seriously in debt and close to going out of business, but then at the same time he did not know the finance of the club, he seems to be BS so we would welcome him as our saviour. The tactic Curran and Rose tried to do, and they were proved to be liars. He claims he left Charlton in a better place, but he cost them a fortune in payments and debts, to the extent that he is hated by the fan base.

4, He claims that he would pass the F & P test, but he as been found guilty in a court of seeking to control Charlton by fraudulent means, so is he saying the EFL would allow a person found guilty of fraud to takeover a club and where is income coming from, if he is so wealthy, why would the bailiffs be knocking on his door? The man is delusional to say the least

He's toxic, he's deluded, he's been fed lies and more lies by the previous set of sharks and he's swallowed it all.

Curran/Rose/Jarvis et.al. have done a job on him, off-loaded their shares, ripped him off and his arrogance has been his downfall.

In reality, he knows absolutely nothing about our club, except the lies that he has been fed - and that we are in League Two.

He won't have a clue about any of our current players, our history or anything about the club. Any notion that he will substantially increase crowds at Spotland shows his complete lack of reality.

As for the idea that he left Charlton in a better place, well he did, but that was because he left, not because of anything that happened during his presence.

Yet another dangerous idiot, who thinks he has all the answers, but based on lies, misinformation and his own puffed up ego.

Get lost Southall. You're not wanted here.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 09:49 - Oct 1 with 3990 viewsAtThePeake

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 21:10 - Sep 30 by boromat

The tweet about the bailiffs is from September 2020

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 10:20 - Oct 1 with 3917 viewsKenBoon

The guy is diluted. Using Stockport Counteh as an example of how Rochdale AFC should be ran

FWIW everyone I know who's claimed to be from Worsley (they're usually from Salford) has been a prick.
Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 10:23 - Oct 1 with 3897 views1907

I have two words from reading that interview...

Odious cretin.

What a complete & utter cockwomble.

Lets get this share issue sorted & dilute these scumbags holdings & see them out of pocket.
Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 11:21 - Oct 1 with 3779 viewsBigKindo

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 09:49 - Oct 1 by AtThePeake

The tweet about the bailiffs is from September 2020

Perhaps if the Bailiffs were involved this might be as a result of judgement against him from a County Court summons. I thought this action resulted in the person charged having a criminal record on their 'CV'
Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 11:35 - Oct 1 with 3745 viewsBigKindo

I don't do social media, Twitterface etc., but if I was Matty Lund I would want to know that I was being used as a character reference by perhaps a discredited ex EFL Club Chairman who took Charlton to the cleaners and finished up in the High Court. I am sure that the Chairman of Stockport County might be interested if his Club's name was also being used by a discredited person.

@mattylund21

@stockportcounty
[Post edited 1 Oct 2021 11:40]
Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 11:44 - Oct 1 with 3706 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 11:35 - Oct 1 by BigKindo

I don't do social media, Twitterface etc., but if I was Matty Lund I would want to know that I was being used as a character reference by perhaps a discredited ex EFL Club Chairman who took Charlton to the cleaners and finished up in the High Court. I am sure that the Chairman of Stockport County might be interested if his Club's name was also being used by a discredited person.

@mattylund21

@stockportcounty
[Post edited 1 Oct 2021 11:40]

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 11:57 - Oct 1 with 3672 views100notout

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 11:44 - Oct 1 by UpTheDaleNotForSale

He thinks BBM is an incredible young manager so I wouldn't expect too much from him - not the best of judges

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 12:07 - Oct 1 with 3650 viewsBigKindo

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 11:57 - Oct 1 by 100notout

He thinks BBM is an incredible young manager so I wouldn't expect too much from him - not the best of judges

If unknown to you, somebody was using your name as a 'reference' , would you be happy? If it was me I would want to know.
Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 13:59 - Oct 1 with 3390 views100notout

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 12:07 - Oct 1 by BigKindo

If unknown to you, somebody was using your name as a 'reference' , would you be happy? If it was me I would want to know.

I understand what you're saying and believe me I hope he disappears as quickly as he appeared, but he is not using him as a "reference" (quotation marks noted). From memory and I can't be arsed looking it up again didn't he say that his wife was Matty Lunds wife's mate? May well be true so nothing to pursue / deny / rebuke

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 15:36 - Oct 1 with 3193 viewsboromat

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 13:59 - Oct 1 by 100notout

I understand what you're saying and believe me I hope he disappears as quickly as he appeared, but he is not using him as a "reference" (quotation marks noted). From memory and I can't be arsed looking it up again didn't he say that his wife was Matty Lunds wife's mate? May well be true so nothing to pursue / deny / rebuke

Either way dragging Matty into it is a douche bag move and if I was Matty I'd be at least having words if not publically having a go back...

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 16:03 - Oct 1 with 3138 viewsDaleiLama

In addition to all the above, he's probably under-estimating us and the resistance he's about to meet. Which does our cause no harm. Hopefully, if he is acting in concert with another(s) the EFL will treat it as a consortium and investigate accordingly. I wouldn't trust a thing he says but he does appear to have tipped his hand somewhat, as a result of being very fond of his own voice. Appropriate that a snake-oil salesman has jumped in bed with a snake.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 16:41 - Oct 1 with 3053 viewsJames1980

Can MH transfer any shares to MS even though there hasn't be updated confirmation statement showing one share being transferred from 'The I F' to Morton House?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 17:22 - Oct 1 with 2959 viewsfermin

Nice to see that Charlton fans have already given help on this (bottom post):

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/92451/rochdale-matthew-southall-takeov

Useful thread to keep an eye on, I think.

What a lot of nonsense he spoke in that call with the trust. How arrogant to think he knows more about what is going on here and what is best for us than Dale fans. Does he not realise the Trust has a director on the board who will know what the financial situation is? I was not fully au fait with his involvement with Charlton and the last thing I remember about them was them being run down by a Belgian guy.

I have to confess that prior to all this blowing up I was one of those who did not really understand why there was so much animus towards Bottomley, but if Halsall, Curran, Rose and Southall are the types of people who were his favoured options, I dread to think who were the dismissed tyre-kickers he mentioned in a previous interview.
Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 17:29 - Oct 1 with 2918 viewsD_Alien

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 17:22 - Oct 1 by fermin

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/92451/rochdale-matthew-southall-takeov

What a lot of nonsense he spoke in that call with the trust. How arrogant to think he knows more about what is going on here and what is best for us than Dale fans. Does he not realise the Trust has a director on the board who will know what the financial situation is? I was not fully au fait with his involvement with Charlton and the last thing I remember about them was them being run down by a Belgian guy.

I have to confess that prior to all this blowing up I was one of those who did not really understand why there was so much animus towards Bottomley, but if Halsall, Curran, Rose and Southall are the types of people who were his favoured options, I dread to think who were the dismissed tyre-kickers he mentioned in a previous interview.

It's not just about "his favoured options" though

It's the myriad issues he's created for Dale fans in other respects, plus his previous history

The facts have been well-aired on all of the above on here, prior to this takeover nonsense

To paraphrase: Crede genuine Dale fans
[Post edited 1 Oct 2021 17:31]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 19:18 - Oct 1 with 2685 viewsjudd

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 17:22 - Oct 1 by fermin

Good to see seth_plum still posting on their board. Him and Len Glover were great posters back in the Rivals days

Poll: What is it to be then?

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 20:27 - Oct 1 with 2541 viewsfermin

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 17:29 - Oct 1 by D_Alien

It's not just about "his favoured options" though

It's the myriad issues he's created for Dale fans in other respects, plus his previous history

The facts have been well-aired on all of the above on here, prior to this takeover nonsense

To paraphrase: Crede genuine Dale fans
[Post edited 1 Oct 2021 17:31]

I take your point but I am not sure I found the issues that clear at the time as they seemed to be referred to somewhat obliquely in my opinion. Anyway, that perception of mine does not matter any more as what has happened recently is more than enough to damn him and others) in my eyes.
Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 21:10 - Oct 1 with 2436 viewsD_Alien

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 20:27 - Oct 1 by fermin

I take your point but I am not sure I found the issues that clear at the time as they seemed to be referred to somewhat obliquely in my opinion. Anyway, that perception of mine does not matter any more as what has happened recently is more than enough to damn him and others) in my eyes.

And that's fair enough too

But we've seen just in the past few days how revelations about the true awfulness of his dealings with people have had to be edited; not because they were untrue or exaggerated, but to avoid the potential expense and nuisance of litigation on a forum which has served such a vital role in helping preserve the status of our football club

Is it any wonder that some previous references may have appeared oblique? That's what we've been up against for several years until the dam burst
[Post edited 1 Oct 2021 21:11]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust Email - Meeting with Matt Southall on 21:43 - Oct 1 with 2340 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

Charlton fans have a dossier on Matt Southall - its being published soon on a website once its had legal clearance.

We would be amazed if, after all this, the same doesn't happen based on the facts surrounding our former CEO, directors and their acquaintances... it could even be another book!

At least one former director has no shame, liking various posts related to Dale, Hasbro & RDA on LinkedIn despite being unceremoniously removed from all of these companies - he may even enjoy the infamy that comes with it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024