Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM 11:53 - Oct 3 with 32204 viewsColDale

Matt Southall has written to the club to ask them to cancel Wednesday's EGM:

Dear Sirs

We are happy to enter positive discussions with the Board. We suggest a meeting next week.

Unfortunately, the Board has initiated an EGM with the sole intention of seeking to dilute our shareholding. We have taken legal advice upon that process and the Board will receive correspondence from our Solicitors within the next 24 hours.

The correspondence will insist that the Board sends notice to all shareholders of the cancellation of the EGM on Monday 4 October.

If the Board try to proceed with the EGM, we are advised by the lawyers to start legal proceedings in The High Court to obtain an Injunction on Tuesday to ensure that the meeting does not proceed. We do not want to do that, but if the Board do not cancel the meeting, we will, and will also seek an order that the Directors who initiated the EGM pay the costs.

I stress that this is not a route that we want to take, but if the Board refuse to act in a co-operative manner, we will be left with no choice. The decision to call an EGM was a poorly conceived and unhelpful tactic which individual Directors will be held to account for, if they chose to proceed.

The best starting point for a constructive discussion is for the Board to immediately — this weekend — cancel the EGM. We will see this as a very positive and sensible move; and we can sit down and talk next week to explore all options with the Board. A pre-condition of commercial discussions with the Board, is confidentiality. You will understand that placing commercial discussions into the public domain is very unhelpful.

We are keen to reach a solution as soon as possible. We are sure that positive discussions can take place in the next week or shortly thereafter, so long as we can undertake the discussions without the need to tell the lawyers to commence action on Tuesday and on the basis that we are not going to read what we have discussed in confidence with the Board, half an hour later on the internet.

We look forward to your urgent response.

Regards

Matt Southall
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 11:58 - Oct 3 with 13646 viewsDalenet

I am not surprised. If I thought I had shares (he thinks he does) and my shareholding was being diluted I would seek to stop it. The thing is, does he believe he is a shareholder? Has the club received a change of ownership request for the shares he claims he owns?

Of course this action proves his meeting with the Trust was all lies. If he didn't want to run the club why would he be worried? This is the legacy of Andrew Kilpatrick. His father will be turning in his grave.
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 12:02 - Oct 3 with 13625 views100notout

Bully boy tactics.

Here's a message to you Matt and I guess you'll be reading this so lets make this clear.

We don't want you anywhere near our club.
You are not a shareholder so you have no basis to ask for anything.
Even if you were a shareholder you would have no control at the club.
Oh one last thing ..........................

FOOK OFF!!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 12:05 - Oct 3 with 13601 viewsDalenet

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 12:02 - Oct 3 by 100notout

Bully boy tactics.

Here's a message to you Matt and I guess you'll be reading this so lets make this clear.

We don't want you anywhere near our club.
You are not a shareholder so you have no basis to ask for anything.
Even if you were a shareholder you would have no control at the club.
Oh one last thing ..........................

FOOK OFF!!

or pass it to the Sales and Marketing Director for action

"Sorry, we don't know who you are. Please stop harassing me in this way"
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 12:12 - Oct 3 with 13550 views1907

Surely a minority share holder doesn’t have any sort of say so or power to try and obstruct an EGM against the wishes of the majority of fans or shareholders.

Hopefully the directors counter these legal threats with their own as I’m sure there’s only one set that would hold any weight in a court of law.

What a way to start your involvement with a club.
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 12:20 - Oct 3 with 13499 viewsD_Alien

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 11:58 - Oct 3 by Dalenet

I am not surprised. If I thought I had shares (he thinks he does) and my shareholding was being diluted I would seek to stop it. The thing is, does he believe he is a shareholder? Has the club received a change of ownership request for the shares he claims he owns?

Of course this action proves his meeting with the Trust was all lies. If he didn't want to run the club why would he be worried? This is the legacy of Andrew Kilpatrick. His father will be turning in his grave.

There's also the question of the proxy, apparently granted over the shares by the major shareholders looking to sell

Does this give MH/MS legal rights to request this cancellation? A question for the lawyers no doubt, unless we have an expert in these matters from outside the legal field

I'm afraid exhortations to fook off are wasted now, although i understand where they're coming from

MH/MS seem to have committed major funds (loaned?) to the purchase of shares and they'll go through every possible channel to ensure they're not left out of pocket

I hope the club have access to first class legal advice - but they'll need to be quick

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 12:26 - Oct 3 with 13397 viewsncfc_chalky

Oi Matt,unless you lead the life of a monk and you're past is squeaky clean I wouldn't go upsetting Daley's when it comes to their club,they've got extremely large shovels as others have found out to their cost

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 12:26 - Oct 3 with 13392 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

It appears Southall, along with Curran / Rose et al really do not like having their business and names all over the internet. or radio. or newspapers. or sky sports.

ah well.

#UpTheDaleNotForSale

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 12:36 - Oct 3 with 13284 viewsTomRAFC

No share transfers have been confirmed.

They are trying to audaciously request a level of involvement that they have no entitlement to

Legal threats are always nervy, both sides will have taken extensive advice.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Login to get fewer ads

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 12:42 - Oct 3 with 13224 viewsHullDale

Also, could Southall have shot himself in the foot here with repeated use of the word 'we'? It suggests it isn't just him buying shares to sell on for a profit if we get back to League 1?

Does the 'we' refer to:

- Matt Southall working with Morton House, essentially meaning that they are working together and would therefore be subject to the EFL OADT?

- Matt Southall working with other people in the background? Who are they & why weren't they mentioned when he spoke to the Trust?

- Matt Southall being a front for somebody else (or a fence)?

- Any other explanation....
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 12:42 - Oct 3 with 13224 viewsEllDale

As I understand it Morton House still do not technically own any shares until such time as the transfer is approved by the board.
So they can’t sell on to Southall what they don’t possess.
So he can’t go around demanding things.
Everything about this man screams bully.
Like you say m’learned friends will have to be consulted.
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 12:49 - Oct 3 with 13159 viewsRAFCBLUE

Here are some UK law facts.

You can't do anything unless you are a shareholder. Southall ISN'T a shareholder. He can do literally nothing to stop the EGM. He's a member of the public as far as the courts are concerned.

Morton House's shares are under investigation with the EFL. Expect to hear from the EFL tomorrow when the news channels open.

Morton House effectively have bought a stake, refused to comply with the process needed to complete that process with the EFL. Morton House need to comply with the disciplinary process that the EFL have launched and once completed they can move on.

We knew very little about Andy Curran when he landed. By contrast, Southall is a convicted shoplifter, convicted of business malpractice (in changing Company House records without legal right to do so), being chased by his builder for his Worsley home for money owed and is hiding in Dubai.

Not sure it is going to take the EFL long just to add to the charge sheet issued on 21 August regarding Morton House.

What an absolute joke of a person.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 12:51 - Oct 3 with 13147 viewsboromat

An email that screams of desperation. If he was a shareholder then he can turn up and made his voice heard with his vote on the matter being put forward.

If he isn't a shareholder then he has no right to be there and no right to have any say in how the club is being ran.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 12:54 - Oct 3 with 13133 viewskel

Dear Matt

Go fook yourself.

Regards
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 12:54]
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 13:08 - Oct 3 with 13025 viewsdeeplishblue

As a trust member and a regular contributor I would be more than happy for trust funds to be used to support the board with any legal costs.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 13:16 - Oct 3 with 12967 viewsMarjorie_Plane

Oh my dear Matthew... you have got yourself in a pickle here haven't you. You can't say you weren't warned.

Well luvvy, what we have at our club are bonds and connections that go back generations. We are a family, we all belong, we are one. The price for that belonging Matthew dear is priceless! Priceless. Neither you, your friends Alexander, Andy nor Darell can ever ever afford what we have, what we possess and what we will keep.

I wish you and Jade all the best my love. Now leave us in peace, stop trying to be a bully and go and pick another victim. x
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 13:19 - Oct 3 with 12951 viewsSuddenLad

What a gobshite he is. He has no authority whatsoever to make any demands on anyone. He is blowing hot air because he's cornered and he can see he has been 'out-manoeuvred' thus making his position even weaker.

He MUST realise that the EFL will never, ever sanction him in any role at any football club under their jurisdiction. Why does he persist in making a complete and utter tvvat of himself in the public domain?

If he challenges anything in the High Court and employs barristers, I hope they ask for their fees up-front. Doing that should ensure he never gets inside the doors.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 13:20 - Oct 3 with 12939 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 13:08 - Oct 3 by deeplishblue

As a trust member and a regular contributor I would be more than happy for trust funds to be used to support the board with any legal costs.

Absolutely, or contribute to a crowdfunding appeal. The fact is though, surely these people don't have any shares legally in their name so have no say. I hope the Dale BOD proceed with the EGM, and get their resolution passed. I am sure the Dale and wider football family would come to the aid financially if required.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 13:32 - Oct 3 with 12819 viewsjonahwhereru

Agree it is difficult to see how Southall with “an interest” in 25% of the shares can take an action to prevent a business putting a proposal to shareholders. Even if MH support him the voices are still a minority.
I sincerely hope the legal position on the Kelly shares means that his shareholding is thrown behind the resolution, otherwise it may be possible that the motion will not pass.
The EGM will bring things to a head and it will become clearer who can exercise a proxy over what portion of share. The water have been very murky for fans to works through for months, but the cards are about to be laid on the table. It’s time to lance the boil. It may possibly be painful but we need to do it.
If passed we then have the intrigue of how and when the board choose to best arrange any share offering. For me it would be the sooner the better.
UTDNFS
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 13:33 - Oct 3 with 12821 viewsDevonDale

Not quite sure how the resolution to be voted on at the EGM dilute the interest of any (legitimate) shareholder - it merely gives the Board the authority to issue shares at a future date. (Legitimate) shareholders would still benefit from pre-emption rights on any actual share issue, so they get first refusal to subscribe to the new issue with just the purpose of not diluting their shareholding.

This dick really is trying it on, and I would hope and expect any court to throw out any attempts by him to interfere with the legitimate running of a company in line with its Articles and the Companies Act.
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 13:34 - Oct 3 with 12786 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

This was the Charlton Trust's response when he tried to sue them:

https://www.castrust.org/2020/05/cast-responds-to-southalls-threat-to-sue/

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 13:35 - Oct 3 with 12782 viewsR17ALE

That's a proper letter of desperation.

The last time I saw such desperation was ex-Director Grindrod's email to the Trust hours before the June 1st EGM pleading that the Trust vote through the intended blind sale of the club.

That smelt of bullshit every bit as much as this email does. This chap seems to enjoy throwing dollops of "Project Fear" about in the hope we'll be cowed.

He clearly knows nothing about Rochdale or its fans.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 13:37]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 13:46 - Oct 3 with 12641 viewsR17ALE

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 13:34 - Oct 3 by UpTheDaleNotForSale

This was the Charlton Trust's response when he tried to sue them:

https://www.castrust.org/2020/05/cast-responds-to-southalls-threat-to-sue/

A very interesting read, and a M.O. similar to the opening post here.

One big question remains: Why do people connected with Charlton correspond with each other in such a low font size?

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 14:01 - Oct 3 with 12471 viewstony_roch975

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 13:33 - Oct 3 by DevonDale

Not quite sure how the resolution to be voted on at the EGM dilute the interest of any (legitimate) shareholder - it merely gives the Board the authority to issue shares at a future date. (Legitimate) shareholders would still benefit from pre-emption rights on any actual share issue, so they get first refusal to subscribe to the new issue with just the purpose of not diluting their shareholding.

This dick really is trying it on, and I would hope and expect any court to throw out any attempts by him to interfere with the legitimate running of a company in line with its Articles and the Companies Act.

true it's only seeking authority but possibly because Simon Gauge is quoted in the MEN article of 29.9 as saying "Mr Gauge said he wants to protect the fan-owned club from future takeover bids by issuing new shares for existing shareholders, directors and 'new people who want to invest in the club' - possibly season ticket holders." By implication that must mean limited or no pre-emption rights so it would dilute all existing shareholders holding (including MH/Southall & The Trust)

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 14:04 - Oct 3 with 12423 viewsSandyman

This threatening e mail from a member of the public (not a shareholder) will only ensure one thing - that shareholders and fans will be even more supportive of our excellent board of directors.

A convicted petty thief and his empty threats mean nothing. Our smallest shareholders own more of this club than Mitty Fookall (0 shares) does and will have more say on Wednesday evening.

Whilst all this malarkey goes on, the EFL are watching. The investigations against Morton House et al continue. They've made very costly mistakes. "Jarvis had told him that he had a deal that had “gone wrong”. So long, losers.
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 14:13 - Oct 3 with 12314 viewsEllDale

I hope that this sort of correspondence is being forwarded to the EFL for reference.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024