Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dan Altmans Statement 09:32 - Oct 15 with 9992 viewswozzrafc

If any of you have not seen Dan Altmans statement regarding the sale of their shares

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/altmandaniel_statement-on-rochdale-afc-activity-6
Dan Altmans Statement on 22:28 - Oct 15 with 3782 viewsR17ALE

Dan Altmans Statement on 19:46 - Oct 15 by Thacks_Rabbits

In my eyes they come across in a very slick professional light whilst at the same time having some regrets about how things turned out and some disappointment in the lack of professionalism shown by others, wanting to take over the transfer dealings showed how little confidence they had in BBM, Arse and the board in general.

The lack of professionalism was clearly there, BBM and his stupid interviews, new contract, Arse lying about things like income/gross profit and having the Dale page changed when he got caught out (bURY game I think he claimed we lost £80k profit before it was edited as that was bollocks), clearly Arse was the dictator, and like Hendo before him, they did not like him or how he operated, so I can’t blame them for wanting out.

They do seem regretful in how things turned out and it appears Arse is mainly to blame and the reason they decided to go, which makes sense as they went public way before they sold. They will have made a few quid but I think they would honestly have preferred to see us go up or reach the play offs in L1 rather than sell and make some cash. They come across as genuine whilst protecting their own reputation and I think they came in with the best intentions, something that cannot be said for Arse and the others, who have not bothered to issue any form of statement.

Shame it never worked out for them and I bare them no malice, saving that for the Manipulative one. I really hope the sale has to be unwound and that Arse gets a nice visit requesting the funds be repaid!

What strikes me is that the Yanks offered further investment to Dale but didn't hear back from the Bottom-led club.

We know Bottom was looking for outside investment and yet chose to ignore the Yanks.

This tells us there was nothing in it personally for Bottom getting into bed with the Yanks.

Curran, Halsall et al might have been willing to do a brown envelope with Bottom and we know he likes to make ill gotten gains from his toy industry days.

The man is a snake who was happy to trade our club to anyone who was the highest bidder to his back pocket.

He'll live out his days in isolation, a lonely beaten man who threw it all away in pursuit of money gleaned dishonestly.

May he rot in life. An absolute scoundrel who Dale fans flushed out like a floater in the bog!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Dan Altmans Statement on 07:45 - Oct 16 with 3513 viewsJames1980

What bothers me is how these statements always finish. That they aren't prepared to answer any further questions from The Trust for example.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Dan Altmans Statement on 11:17 - Oct 16 with 3295 viewsDorkingDale

Dan Altmans Statement on 11:30 - Oct 15 by finberty

Excellent advertisement for their data Analytics thing, linking it so well with BBM's abject relegation.

Ace.

My thoughts exactly.....makes you wonder where we'd have been without free access to this game-changing data. Probably still in L1!
Dan Altmans Statement on 11:20 - Oct 16 with 3294 viewsDorkingDale

Dan Altmans Statement on 11:41 - Oct 15 by judd

The first 3 of the new board were not appointed until 16th June, so effectively only 2 weeks.

...and that was to completion of the sale, so they must've started talking to Jarvis pretty soon after the EGM.
Dan Altmans Statement on 11:37 - Oct 16 with 3241 views1907

Dan Altmans Statement on 11:17 - Oct 16 by DorkingDale

My thoughts exactly.....makes you wonder where we'd have been without free access to this game-changing data. Probably still in L1!

Think you’re barking up the wrong tree.

As many faults that BBM had, it’s widely accepted that he did sign a host of quality players for us. Of course there were a few duffers, there always will be. BBM didn’t fail because of his signings, he failed because of his own flaws & weaknesses.
Dan Altmans Statement on 12:11 - Oct 16 with 3182 viewsTomRAFC

There's some bizarrely selective memory going on, on this thread. Two distant investors wanted to leave us with millions of pounds of debt in zero interest loans to them.
This isn't a million miles away from what we've spent all these months fighting.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Dan Altmans Statement on 13:18 - Oct 16 with 3064 viewsDorkingDale

Dan Altmans Statement on 11:37 - Oct 16 by 1907

Think you’re barking up the wrong tree.

As many faults that BBM had, it’s widely accepted that he did sign a host of quality players for us. Of course there were a few duffers, there always will be. BBM didn’t fail because of his signings, he failed because of his own flaws & weaknesses.

Is their system based purely on identifying new signings or does it also analyse tactics?
Dan Altmans Statement on 15:49 - Oct 16 with 2900 views1907

Dan Altmans Statement on 13:18 - Oct 16 by DorkingDale

Is their system based purely on identifying new signings or does it also analyse tactics?

I don’t think it’s anything to do with analysing tactics more player analytics and identifying/predicting players who could become the next big thing.
Login to get fewer ads

Dan Altmans Statement on 20:07 - Oct 16 with 2753 viewsMarjorie_Plane

Dan Altmans Statement on 12:11 - Oct 16 by TomRAFC

There's some bizarrely selective memory going on, on this thread. Two distant investors wanted to leave us with millions of pounds of debt in zero interest loans to them.
This isn't a million miles away from what we've spent all these months fighting.

Well said young Tom,

I’ve been telling Freda at Morrisons about it and she was really vexed about what Mr. Altarman had said. I tried to put things into context for her but she said I was being peevish.

These capitalists have only one interest. Make money luvvies. Period (I think that’s an American saying) They wanted to use ‘our’ club to make money for themselves. They were not going to invest a dime (American coin) of their own money. Like Halsall they were going to get loans that our club would have to pay back. If their little computer experiment failed, they would have walked away and left us with the trash (mess). Don’t forget they wanted total control of the football budget and to run the club from New York. Seriously now.

We decided to replace Bottomley on 1st June for very good reasons. The club was rudderless, in a complete mess and heading for the rocks. Those still at the helm after the EGM also bore the responsibility for the impending shipwreck.

On the 8th June, a week later, the club announced new directors, Mssrs Gauge, Knight and Sarsfield. These new volunteers, who also have day jobs, are then asked to part with £25,000 for the privilege of sorting out the complete shambles the club was in. There are no players signed, there is no money, there are no friendlies, we are in debt and will have to sell players. The rocks are getting closer and closer. The CEO and his colleagues are still in position. Remember the Americans want nothing to do with Bottomley.

On 16th June, Mr Gauge is appointed the new Chairman of the club. Word on the street is the club is in a proper mess. Six days later, yes six days, an alert goes out that someone is ‘hoovering’ Dale shares up in the background. Bottomley is still employed at the club and we now know he was giving the deal broker, Jarvis, confidential information. Six days after this revelation, the manager walks out.

Boys and girls, I just want you to imagine what it was like being in Mr. Gauge’s shoes for one minute when this started to unfold. This volunteer, who had paid £25k to inherit this mess had no team, no players, no manager, no money, a CEO giving away club secrets and fraudsters hoovering up club shares. Oh, and two Americans who wanted to sell their shares. A week later the club emailed them. Was that an unreasonable amount of time? Six days?

‘Over a month passed by before the new board members reached out to us, by which time we had decided to sell our shares on 2nd July.’ At a huge profit may I add.

This statement cannot be true if you look at the dates. Those shares were sold well before 2nd July and Mr. Altarman was not interested in the slightest who bought them. The Americans agreed to sell their shares before 22nd June as the top 5 shareholders had all been contacted by Jarvis by then. Why didn’t they alert the club that the fraudsters were on the scene? Because they were being offered big bucks for the shares $$$. They sold out, no questions asked.

‘We felt it would be unusual for anyone to buy shares without a strong degree of confidence in passing the OADT.’

Let’s remind ourselves who they sold out to. A sham company that was/is trading illegally. A company whose 78 year old grandma director has links to drugs, guns and money laundering. A company that is of interest to HMRC. They took the money, no questions asked. They took dirty money.

Don’t be taken in by the spin and carefully crafted letter from Altarman and Marcello. They are in it for exactly the same reasons as Curran, Rose, Grandma Valarie and young Matthew Southall luvvies. Instead, please spare a thought for the tireless efforts of volunteer Mr. Gauge, the new board and all those behind the scenes who are still fighting the fight. I will have no further comment.
Dan Altmans Statement on 20:30 - Oct 16 with 2694 viewsJames1980

Dan Altmans Statement on 20:07 - Oct 16 by Marjorie_Plane

Well said young Tom,

I’ve been telling Freda at Morrisons about it and she was really vexed about what Mr. Altarman had said. I tried to put things into context for her but she said I was being peevish.

These capitalists have only one interest. Make money luvvies. Period (I think that’s an American saying) They wanted to use ‘our’ club to make money for themselves. They were not going to invest a dime (American coin) of their own money. Like Halsall they were going to get loans that our club would have to pay back. If their little computer experiment failed, they would have walked away and left us with the trash (mess). Don’t forget they wanted total control of the football budget and to run the club from New York. Seriously now.

We decided to replace Bottomley on 1st June for very good reasons. The club was rudderless, in a complete mess and heading for the rocks. Those still at the helm after the EGM also bore the responsibility for the impending shipwreck.

On the 8th June, a week later, the club announced new directors, Mssrs Gauge, Knight and Sarsfield. These new volunteers, who also have day jobs, are then asked to part with £25,000 for the privilege of sorting out the complete shambles the club was in. There are no players signed, there is no money, there are no friendlies, we are in debt and will have to sell players. The rocks are getting closer and closer. The CEO and his colleagues are still in position. Remember the Americans want nothing to do with Bottomley.

On 16th June, Mr Gauge is appointed the new Chairman of the club. Word on the street is the club is in a proper mess. Six days later, yes six days, an alert goes out that someone is ‘hoovering’ Dale shares up in the background. Bottomley is still employed at the club and we now know he was giving the deal broker, Jarvis, confidential information. Six days after this revelation, the manager walks out.

Boys and girls, I just want you to imagine what it was like being in Mr. Gauge’s shoes for one minute when this started to unfold. This volunteer, who had paid £25k to inherit this mess had no team, no players, no manager, no money, a CEO giving away club secrets and fraudsters hoovering up club shares. Oh, and two Americans who wanted to sell their shares. A week later the club emailed them. Was that an unreasonable amount of time? Six days?

‘Over a month passed by before the new board members reached out to us, by which time we had decided to sell our shares on 2nd July.’ At a huge profit may I add.

This statement cannot be true if you look at the dates. Those shares were sold well before 2nd July and Mr. Altarman was not interested in the slightest who bought them. The Americans agreed to sell their shares before 22nd June as the top 5 shareholders had all been contacted by Jarvis by then. Why didn’t they alert the club that the fraudsters were on the scene? Because they were being offered big bucks for the shares $$$. They sold out, no questions asked.

‘We felt it would be unusual for anyone to buy shares without a strong degree of confidence in passing the OADT.’

Let’s remind ourselves who they sold out to. A sham company that was/is trading illegally. A company whose 78 year old grandma director has links to drugs, guns and money laundering. A company that is of interest to HMRC. They took the money, no questions asked. They took dirty money.

Don’t be taken in by the spin and carefully crafted letter from Altarman and Marcello. They are in it for exactly the same reasons as Curran, Rose, Grandma Valarie and young Matthew Southall luvvies. Instead, please spare a thought for the tireless efforts of volunteer Mr. Gauge, the new board and all those behind the scenes who are still fighting the fight. I will have no further comment.

Superb summary Marjorie. More worthy of being published on the BBC sport website, than that recent article.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 21:41]

Dan Altmans Statement on 08:47 - Oct 17 with 2393 viewsColDale

Dan Altmans Statement on 07:45 - Oct 16 by James1980

What bothers me is how these statements always finish. That they aren't prepared to answer any further questions from The Trust for example.

tbf Dan answered every email we sent him
Dan Altmans Statement on 09:22 - Oct 17 with 2338 viewstony_roch975

Dan Altmans Statement on 08:47 - Oct 17 by ColDale

Col, have you tried emailing him to ask him - as a 'Dale fan', what personal 'due diligence' he did on the buyers of his shares as opposed to relying on third parties like the EFL?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Dan Altmans Statement on 09:48 - Oct 17 with 2291 views1907

Dan Altmans Statement on 09:22 - Oct 17 by tony_roch975

Col, have you tried emailing him to ask him - as a 'Dale fan', what personal 'due diligence' he did on the buyers of his shares as opposed to relying on third parties like the EFL?

Obviously they weren’t interested to that degree, which I completely understand.

If anyone of us were in their position, with little emotional connection, being able to sell their shares for 3 x what they’d paid we’d have snatched their hand off.

This is business at the end of the day. They came to get involved. Weren’t really able to get involved to the extent they wanted. The sold up to the highest bidder and moved on. Personally I bare them no ill feeling at all.

Now the likes of Bottom, Rawlinson & Kilpatrick… That’s a different matter entirely. Scum.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 10:34]
Dan Altmans Statement on 12:18 - Oct 17 with 2120 viewsHopwoodblue

Dan Altmans Statement on 09:48 - Oct 17 by 1907

Obviously they weren’t interested to that degree, which I completely understand.

If anyone of us were in their position, with little emotional connection, being able to sell their shares for 3 x what they’d paid we’d have snatched their hand off.

This is business at the end of the day. They came to get involved. Weren’t really able to get involved to the extent they wanted. The sold up to the highest bidder and moved on. Personally I bare them no ill feeling at all.

Now the likes of Bottom, Rawlinson & Kilpatrick… That’s a different matter entirely. Scum.

Let’s be fair he got lucky, ended up with a load of shares that didn’t allow him to achieve his goal of becoming involved with Rochdale, if numpty hadn’t come along he may well have now been on the board with some input, but obviously if someone’s offering silly money for a dead duck then your going to snatch their hand off, think most people would have.
We are to close to the situation to understand why you wouldn’t.
Business is business I’m afraid.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Dan Altmans Statement on 12:25 - Oct 17 with 2100 views1907

Dan Altmans Statement on 12:18 - Oct 17 by Hopwoodblue

Let’s be fair he got lucky, ended up with a load of shares that didn’t allow him to achieve his goal of becoming involved with Rochdale, if numpty hadn’t come along he may well have now been on the board with some input, but obviously if someone’s offering silly money for a dead duck then your going to snatch their hand off, think most people would have.
We are to close to the situation to understand why you wouldn’t.
Business is business I’m afraid.

Agreed.

People get too emotionally involved and clouded by business decisions, because it’s football.

But ultimately this is why it is so important to have the club owned by people who care about a much deeper purpose than £££
Dan Altmans Statement on 13:02 - Oct 17 with 2048 viewsDorkingDale

Dan Altmans Statement on 15:49 - Oct 16 by 1907

I don’t think it’s anything to do with analysing tactics more player analytics and identifying/predicting players who could become the next big thing.

OK - sorry I thought it was a tactical analysis.
Dan Altmans Statement on 13:38 - Oct 17 with 1960 viewskel

I understand the “it’s business” side of the argument but yet again we have someone who claims to be a Dale fan then does something that works against the club. Botters was obviously another and we all know those employed at the club that claim the same but talk shite.
Dan Altmans Statement on 13:44 - Oct 17 with 1930 viewsBluebottle

Dan Altmans Statement on 20:07 - Oct 16 by Marjorie_Plane

Well said young Tom,

Nail.. head!!
Dan Altmans Statement on 14:00 - Oct 17 with 1892 viewsHopwoodblue

Dan Altmans Statement on 13:38 - Oct 17 by kel

I understand the “it’s business” side of the argument but yet again we have someone who claims to be a Dale fan then does something that works against the club. Botters was obviously another and we all know those employed at the club that claim the same but talk shite.

Absolutely and looking to the future as messy as it is at the moment I’m glad he didn’t get a position on the board because who knows what the future could have been if he would have let dodgy people in through the back door by selling his shares and probably selling the club down the Swany at the same time.
Thankfully he’s sold them to someone that can’t damage the club(hopefully)
So fingers crossed what he’s done is the best of the two scenarios.
There’s a few more worms to remove yet but eventually we’ll all be able to sleep well again known by the club is in safe hands.
I’m sure anyone who’s not got the best intentions has watched all this unfold and will think twice before trying to pull the wool over the Dale Trust / fans when it comes to buying Rochdale.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 14:01]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Dan Altmans Statement on 17:06 - Oct 17 with 1674 viewstony_roch975

Dan Altmans Statement on 09:48 - Oct 17 by 1907

yes 'This is business at the end of the day' - self-serving and immoral

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Dan Altmans Statement on 17:22 - Oct 17 with 1641 viewsRAFCBLUE

Dan Altmans Statement on 13:38 - Oct 17 by kel

"It's business".

An excuse, poorly distributed to defend (a) data theft and (b) breaches of EFL rules which have led to an EFL disciplinary investigation.

Hopefully all "charged" will comply with the various authorities but I suspect that will not happen.

I'm amazed at Altman really that he would have sold his shares without knowing the EFL rules were being broken. That's not a good advert for someone involved in football. I wonder if he has been/will be charged?

I'm then amazed that he's basically confirmed to the EFL that the rules were broken on 1 July 2021 when we all know from the Telegraph that the EFL didn't meet all parties until Tuesday 27 July 2021 as was reported openly in the Daily Telegraph.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/08/05/efl-investigating-homophobic-slu

Come to think of it, I'm not sure "its business" stands up in court!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Dan Altmans Statement on 17:24 - Oct 17 with 1634 viewsJames1980

Dan Altmans Statement on 08:47 - Oct 17 by ColDale

I'm guessing further questions have been asked in response to this latest LinkedIn post.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024