Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale 14:10 - Oct 15 with 15332 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview:

Match Preview: Swindon vs Dale 15th Oct 2021 14:05
Dale's search for a return to form takes them to Wiltshire and the County Ground on Saturday, where Swindon Town are lying in wait. 0

Refwatch:

Refwatch: Swindon Town v Rochdale 15th Oct 2021 12:00
Manchester referee Simon Mather will take charge of Dale’s game at Swindon on Saturday. 0

County Ground guide: https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/county-ground-swindon

Stockdale pre-match interview:

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 17:06 - Oct 16 with 4054 viewsD_Alien

Brett Pitman (who else? 90+1) scores for Brizzle to go back above us into 16th

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 17:08 - Oct 16 with 4022 viewsmightydale

Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 17:06 - Oct 16 by D_Alien

Brett Pitman (who else? 90+1) scores for Brizzle to go back above us into 16th

How old is the guy seems like been around for years

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 17:13 - Oct 16 with 3922 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 17:08 - Oct 16 by mightydale

How old is the guy seems like been around for years

Only 33, but if he keeps being wheeled out for the last 10 minutes and scores he could keep doing that for a lot longer

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 17:14 - Oct 16 with 3918 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 17:05 - Oct 16 by dingdangblue

It doesn't matter - they only needed 3 mins.

I’m not making excuses for them but it’s hard to imagine seeing 6 minutes on the board wouldn’t have had a psychological impact considering the stinking run we’re on.
Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 17:16 - Oct 16 with 3874 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 16:39 - Oct 16 by D_Alien

Pessimism'd be a great name for an ale!

A downer with a downer

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 17:24 - Oct 16 with 3813 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 16:58 - Oct 16 by nordenblue

When we stop playing the same players who can't defend yet expect a different end product

We're stuck with what we've got until we can (maybe) recruit in January? McNulty is what he is and from what I've seen I'd prefer Taylor to Graham but Stockdale obviously isn't of the same mind.

Also, Dorsett and Graham are still both very raw and there's every chance they improve with greater experience. I hope they learn quickly though.
Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 18:27 - Oct 16 with 3454 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Stopped the rot & don’t get me wrong I’d have taken a point before ko but FFS Robbie we need to be more streetwise when leading with 5-10 mins to go. A few bitty fouls, couple of minutes time wasting & we could’ve had 3 points today.
Positives, we scored twice & went toe to toe with a team that beat Forest Green away last week. Onwards & upwards lads.
Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 18:37 - Oct 16 with 3381 viewsdawlishdale

I'll take a point and move on, but in reality, we were second best for much of the game. Annoyingly though, it feels like a loss with them equalising so late (we should be used to it by now...it seems to happen almost every other week)

I'm getting slightly worried that Robbie keeps picking Dorsett & Graham, because they make poor decisions regularly, and , coupled with Coleman in net (who sometimes comes off his line well, and sometimes stays rooted to it) leaves us very open at the back.

I said at the start of the season that anything other than a relegation battle would be ok; such was the mess left by Bottom & the other traitors, and I have to remind myself not to expect too much. Trouble is; we are stronger away than at home, and supporters will drift if we don't show more improvement, and a willingness to change things occasionally. I'm not calling for Jim just yet, but crikey...it's not far off !!!
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 19:52 - Oct 16 with 3139 views49thseason

Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 18:27 - Oct 16 by Plattyswrinklynuts

Stopped the rot & don’t get me wrong I’d have taken a point before ko but FFS Robbie we need to be more streetwise when leading with 5-10 mins to go. A few bitty fouls, couple of minutes time wasting & we could’ve had 3 points today.
Positives, we scored twice & went toe to toe with a team that beat Forest Green away last week. Onwards & upwards lads.

Decent performance on the face of it, I would have been happy with a draw at 3.00pm
This is the 2nd time we have conceded in the 90+ minute this season (the other was away at Harrogate) so its cost us 3 points so far.
We have conceded 9 goals in the first half and 7 in the second half and scored 3 in the first half and 11 in the second half so it would appear the gaffers half time talks are working from an attacking and defensive perspective maybe we need to get on the front foot earlier.

Time of goals conceded: 5,8,10,14,21,33,37,37,40,49,59,59,72,75,90,90, (avg=44th min)
Average time of Rochdale goals is 56 mins.
Home goals =3 (0.5 GPG) away goals = 11 (1.83 GPG)
Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 19:59 - Oct 16 with 3115 viewsrich_dale

Definitely an encouraging point that might build a bit of confidence. The habit of conceding late has been going on for years though it seems, from team to team and manager to manager, and I can't remember too many key stoppage time goals in our favour. Over to you tvos, would be good to see the difference.... Bit like our poor home form - it's been this way for a while now and seems like an embedded cultural thing no matter who the manager is - like Arsenal's lack of spine and leaders it just constantly persists
Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 20:51 - Oct 16 with 2948 viewsAlan_ADale

Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 19:59 - Oct 16 by rich_dale

Definitely an encouraging point that might build a bit of confidence. The habit of conceding late has been going on for years though it seems, from team to team and manager to manager, and I can't remember too many key stoppage time goals in our favour. Over to you tvos, would be good to see the difference.... Bit like our poor home form - it's been this way for a while now and seems like an embedded cultural thing no matter who the manager is - like Arsenal's lack of spine and leaders it just constantly persists

if i remember, we beat Fleetwood with a late goal here last season and it was bbmercenary's only home win for about 6 months. meantime we give loads away late on.
Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 03:46 - Oct 17 with 2499 viewsDiddyDave

Just watched the two minute highlights. I think somebody`s mentioned already about Dale playing in different away strips, what I can`t understand is why they had to change at all. Since when does blue and black ever clash with red and white? But I`ve noticed in lots of other games, away teams change for no apparent reason, is this more bull shit from the powers that be?
Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 07:55 - Oct 17 with 2363 views442Dale

Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 03:46 - Oct 17 by DiddyDave

Just watched the two minute highlights. I think somebody`s mentioned already about Dale playing in different away strips, what I can`t understand is why they had to change at all. Since when does blue and black ever clash with red and white? But I`ve noticed in lots of other games, away teams change for no apparent reason, is this more bull shit from the powers that be?

It’s totally on the clubs. Dale have been one of the worst offenders over the years for changing for no reason. Can go back all the way to when Hill took over when we’d wear yellow for no reason during the Wembley season and then purple all over the place when we won promotion.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 11:26 - Oct 17 with 2078 viewsAltDaleComms

Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 13:59 - Oct 17 with 1827 viewsBluebottle

Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 14:40 - Oct 16 by HullDale

I may be alone in this, but I'd be tempted to play O'Connell in a central midfield role - he could be the type of hard tackling bar steward we need.

Coleman
White, Dorsett, Taylor, O'Keefe
Keohane, O'Connell, Grant
Cashman, Beesley, Newby

Was saying the same. We are short of a combative Gary Jones type pressing midfielder, moving O'Connell into that position would help the team all round.
Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 14:21 - Oct 18 with 1377 viewsBucketBstard

Defence is bobbins still!
Sort it RS . Giving a 2 year contract to a crap defender like Graham is crass stupidity. I thought those stupid contracts had been stopped.
McNumpty should of been kicked out of the club 2 years ago.
Dorsett is hopeless and needs to get a train back to Reading as quick as possible.
As for Taylor , he shows potential but is learning the game, unfortunately we dont have a lot of time to teach him.
OConnell is spoken of as though he is Bobby Moore, Baresi and Tony Adams all together...LOL He's Ok and thats it OK. We needed a decent centre half to partner him and we dont have that. RS is showing his niaviety by picking crud like Graham and Dorsett.
Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 14:51 - Oct 18 with 1320 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Swindon vs Dale on 14:21 - Oct 18 by BucketBstard

Defence is bobbins still!
Sort it RS . Giving a 2 year contract to a crap defender like Graham is crass stupidity. I thought those stupid contracts had been stopped.
McNumpty should of been kicked out of the club 2 years ago.
Dorsett is hopeless and needs to get a train back to Reading as quick as possible.
As for Taylor , he shows potential but is learning the game, unfortunately we dont have a lot of time to teach him.
OConnell is spoken of as though he is Bobby Moore, Baresi and Tony Adams all together...LOL He's Ok and thats it OK. We needed a decent centre half to partner him and we dont have that. RS is showing his niaviety by picking crud like Graham and Dorsett.

LOL

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024