Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salford vs Dale 13:44 - Oct 19 with 18231 viewsD_Dale

With some six hours to kick-off there seems not to be much pre-match comment on this forum (apart from the ref's travel expenses).

Is Hendo due to play? Since being subbed on 11 September he's made no appearances. But ex-Dale Eastham and Lund look likely to start.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 13:47]
Salford vs Dale on 19:13 - Oct 19 with 3358 viewsTVOS1907

Salford vs Dale on 17:52 - Oct 19 by D_Dale

Well done these true fans who make the journey, rather than opt for the £10 match pass.

Postponements permitting, the only game I'll miss this season is Forest Green away. Suppose I'll have to watch on iPlayer with the other non-true fans.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Salford vs Dale on 19:20 - Oct 19 with 3280 views1907

Line up looks quite odd to be fair. Not too sure how they’ll exactly set up. Dropping Morley as well is an interesting one, along with starting Graham & Dorsett (again).

Master-stroke or disaster incoming…
Salford vs Dale on 19:25 - Oct 19 with 3257 viewskel

Salford vs Dale on 19:20 - Oct 19 by 1907

Line up looks quite odd to be fair. Not too sure how they’ll exactly set up. Dropping Morley as well is an interesting one, along with starting Graham & Dorsett (again).

Master-stroke or disaster incoming…

I’ve been a big defender of Morley due to the grief he has had for a while but even I was beginning to lose patience. The Facebook crew have been begging for him to be dropped for a long time so it will be interesting to see how we play without him.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 19:25]
Salford vs Dale on 19:29 - Oct 19 with 3205 views1907

Salford vs Dale on 19:25 - Oct 19 by kel

I’ve been a big defender of Morley due to the grief he has had for a while but even I was beginning to lose patience. The Facebook crew have been begging for him to be dropped for a long time so it will be interesting to see how we play without him.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 19:25]

BBM dropped him towards the end of the season and we had quite a good run didn’t we?

Wondering whether we might actually see O’Connell as CDM tonight?
Salford vs Dale on 19:30 - Oct 19 with 3197 viewsDalenet

Salford vs Dale on 19:13 - Oct 19 by TVOS1907

Postponements permitting, the only game I'll miss this season is Forest Green away. Suppose I'll have to watch on iPlayer with the other non-true fans.

Don't fancy a veggie burger?
Salford vs Dale on 19:34 - Oct 19 with 3162 viewsIOMDale

Salford vs Dale on 19:13 - Oct 19 by TVOS1907

I’d like to think you’re in good company TVOS

UTDNFS

Salford vs Dale on 19:41 - Oct 19 with 3119 viewsTVOS1907

Salford vs Dale on 19:30 - Oct 19 by Dalenet

Don't fancy a veggie burger?

You can say that again.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Salford vs Dale on 19:41 - Oct 19 with 3114 viewsblackdogblue

Salford vs Dale on 19:34 - Oct 19 by IOMDale

I’d like to think you’re in good company TVOS

He will be if you purchase one of his programmes 😀

On a serious note, hat off to him, he does a fantastic job.. very well written

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Salford vs Dale on 20:15 - Oct 19 with 2875 viewsEllDale

Sound to be well under the cosh here
Salford vs Dale on 20:17 - Oct 19 with 2779 viewsdingdangblue

Absolutely awful so far - keep hold of the ball!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Salford vs Dale on 20:17 - Oct 19 with 2849 viewsSuddenLad

Salford vs Dale on 20:15 - Oct 19 by EllDale

Not really, but some poor passing is letting us down.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Salford vs Dale on 20:18 - Oct 19 with 2847 viewsNigeriamark

Salford vs Dale on 20:15 - Oct 19 by EllDale

Yes we are although they have only had 2 shots on target. One of them brought a brilliant save from our keeper. It would only seem a matter of time before they get a goal. I'll take 0-0 at HT
Salford vs Dale on 20:24 - Oct 19 with 2785 viewsDalenet

Salford vs Dale on 20:18 - Oct 19 by Nigeriamark

Yes we are although they have only had 2 shots on target. One of them brought a brilliant save from our keeper. It would only seem a matter of time before they get a goal. I'll take 0-0 at HT

They have been woeful at finishing. Lets get to HT 0-0 and see what second half Dale can do
Salford vs Dale on 20:35 - Oct 19 with 2621 viewsNigeriamark

Salford vs Dale on 20:24 - Oct 19 by Dalenet

They have been woeful at finishing. Lets get to HT 0-0 and see what second half Dale can do

0-0 at HT. Completely outplayed for the first 30 minutes but started to have a few decent attacks ourselves in the last 15. However they missed an absolute sitter where their player had to side foot it into an empty net from about 8 yards out & fluffed it. A huge let off & let's hope we can make them pay.

Odoh playing very well & probably our best player so far, especially late in the half
Salford vs Dale on 20:36 - Oct 19 with 2602 viewsIOMDale

We haven’t been battered but I’m happy to be going in 0-0 at HT.

We’ve really struggled to have a sustained period of possession and when we do have the ball, we’re looking backwards far too often. Asante looks a real danger but I feel the defence has been decent - mention for Coleman who has looked very solid and made a superb low save to his right.

We’ve actually had some decent openings but the final ball has been lacking. Odoh’s been busy but we need to see more from Newby, who’s been quiet so far.

Salford are there for the taking, let’s get at them.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 20:48]

UTDNFS

Salford vs Dale on 20:41 - Oct 19 with 2490 viewsboromat

Overran in midfield. Poor distribution from the two either side of O'Connell. Makes us look like the only tactic is boot it to Beasley and we can't keep the ball. Newby and Odoh just having to chase tails. We got a bit of breathing room at the end but more because Salford tired. We should be losing, we're missing Morley and we're a man short in the middle. But we've been saying this for a couple of weeks now.

Positive it's somehow still nil nil and we could have nicked it at the end of the first half.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Salford vs Dale on 20:43 - Oct 19 with 2458 viewsjpresto

Second best all over the field except goalkeeper. Where is our midfield to stop their runners and hold on to some quality possession.We are just giving it to Graham to punt upfield to Beesley who is getting no change from their centre backs.
Salford vs Dale on 20:43 - Oct 19 with 2455 views49thseason

I note that a female presenter on Radio Bolton is insisting on calling us Rochdale Town!
And some people seem to think the BBC is a world class broadcaster. Poor to say the least.
Salford vs Dale on 20:45 - Oct 19 with 2367 viewsDaleiLama

Good job we're a 2nd half team

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Salford vs Dale on 20:46 - Oct 19 with 2414 viewsfitzochris

It’s been a frustrating watch. We are second best bar a few spells of forward play where the final ball has been lacking. We have given away possession too much in midfield and they have enjoyed the lion’s share. They are finding their men out on the right too easily too, but thank Christ their crossing has been poor, or we’d be a few goals down now. Some calamitous stuff where Beesley can’t trap the ball and basically sets Assante up. He back heels through his marker’s legs and then the defence stands off allowing him to run at goal. Good job Coleman was awake at least. Then we get done from the left and how McEleny misses I don’t know.

We need to do much, much better second half and getting hold of the ball for a sustained period would be a good start.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Salford vs Dale on 20:56 - Oct 19 with 2301 viewstruenorth

It's been a darn site better than the rubbish we've seen at COA recently.

Poll: BBM or relegation?

Salford vs Dale on 21:11 - Oct 19 with 2133 viewsonedalefan

Attendance 2173 and we sold 1000!
Salford vs Dale on 21:14 - Oct 19 with 2091 viewsSuddenLad

O'Keefe lucky to stay on the field for that.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Salford vs Dale on 21:30 - Oct 19 with 1875 viewsDaleiLama

Robbie made sure of his sub coming on there

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Salford vs Dale on 21:38 - Oct 19 with 1762 viewsDalenet

Much better in the second half. Good point earned. Odoh was excellent
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024