Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T' T20 & th'Ashes 13:02 - Oct 25 with 23563 viewsD_Alien

Great to see Ben Stokes will be fit for the Ashes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59022351

The touring conditions will be particularly onerous this time round, so hope he's in a good place mentally too

But first up - the T20 World Cup, and a great start against WI, our nemesis in the last Final

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 10:58 - Oct 26 with 6239 viewsisitme

Excellent news that he is a much better place both mentally and physically. I don't think anyone can underestimate how it must have felt to be trying to play well within your capabilities, he couldn't even hold a bat properly. He brings much needed balance and a bit more experience to the shaky top batting line up. His bowling will be useful on the bouncy tracks where only Wood offers any real pace and I cannot see him playing in all five tests.

Great win in the T20, as was Pakistan's against the much vaunted Indian team. The nature of some of these pitches is really going to find some teams out. 150 will be a difficult chase in some games.
T' T20 & th'Ashes on 20:03 - Oct 26 with 6171 viewsNigeriamark

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 10:58 - Oct 26 by isitme

Excellent news that he is a much better place both mentally and physically. I don't think anyone can underestimate how it must have felt to be trying to play well within your capabilities, he couldn't even hold a bat properly. He brings much needed balance and a bit more experience to the shaky top batting line up. His bowling will be useful on the bouncy tracks where only Wood offers any real pace and I cannot see him playing in all five tests.

Great win in the T20, as was Pakistan's against the much vaunted Indian team. The nature of some of these pitches is really going to find some teams out. 150 will be a difficult chase in some games.

Pakistan just got their second win against NZ. Looking like the danger team in this tournament and almost certain to make the Semis now with games against Scotland and Namibia to come ( although knowing Pakistan they will lose one of those !!)

Great news about Stokes. Didn't fancy us TBH in the ashes but this will give the team a boost both on the pitch and in the dressing room. Wasn't going to subscribe to NOW for the cricket but might do so with him in the team. Will be surprised if Wood does more than 3 tests. Great bowler when fit but breaks down too often
T' T20 & th'Ashes on 21:39 - Oct 26 with 6126 viewsisitme

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 20:03 - Oct 26 by Nigeriamark

Pakistan just got their second win against NZ. Looking like the danger team in this tournament and almost certain to make the Semis now with games against Scotland and Namibia to come ( although knowing Pakistan they will lose one of those !!)

Great news about Stokes. Didn't fancy us TBH in the ashes but this will give the team a boost both on the pitch and in the dressing room. Wasn't going to subscribe to NOW for the cricket but might do so with him in the team. Will be surprised if Wood does more than 3 tests. Great bowler when fit but breaks down too often

They have some great players but you just know at one stage they will implode. They are a bit like the great French rugby sides of old. I'm pretty sure the test matches are on BT Sport if you can get it on there. Agree about Wood, he missed the Windies game due to injury, not sure if he will play tomorrow.
T' T20 & th'Ashes on 12:45 - Oct 27 with 6041 viewsD_Alien

So Bangladesh post 124/9, not a bad score

England need to beware of complacency

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 14:07 - Oct 27 with 5993 viewsNigeriamark

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 12:45 - Oct 27 by D_Alien

So Bangladesh post 124/9, not a bad score

England need to beware of complacency

Won with almost 6 overs left. Very professional performance against a team that could have been a bit of a banana skin. 2 out of 2 and a huge net run rate, can't ask for more than that
T' T20 & th'Ashes on 14:53 - Oct 29 with 5843 viewsD_Alien

Lucky West Indies

Bangladesh needed a four off the last ball to win, but didn't make it

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/icc-men-s-t20-world-cup-2021-22-1267897/bang

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 19:03 - Oct 29 with 5760 viewsNigeriamark

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 14:53 - Oct 29 by D_Alien

Lucky West Indies

Bangladesh needed a four off the last ball to win, but didn't make it

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/icc-men-s-t20-world-cup-2021-22-1267897/bang

And Pakistan needed 24 in 2 overs and got them in 1 !! Afghanistan, NZ & India fighting it out for 1 spot by the look of it in that group.
T' T20 & th'Ashes on 09:02 - Oct 30 with 5678 viewsisitme

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 19:03 - Oct 29 by Nigeriamark

And Pakistan needed 24 in 2 overs and got them in 1 !! Afghanistan, NZ & India fighting it out for 1 spot by the look of it in that group.

That group looks easy compared to England's group. Having Scotland and Namibia as the two qualifiers certainly helps.
Login to get fewer ads

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 14:39 - Oct 30 with 5621 viewsD_Alien

Another cracking finish, SA v Sri Lanka

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/icc-men-s-t20-world-cup-2021-22-1267897/sout

Tournament shaping up nicely - England v Aus up next

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 15:20 - Oct 30 with 5584 viewsSandyman

Early on, but convicts 15-3 in 4th over.
T' T20 & th'Ashes on 17:36 - Oct 30 with 5522 viewsD_Alien

Butler 55 off 25 balls, imperious batting and making light of the target

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 17:42 - Oct 30 with 5479 viewsNigeriamark

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 17:36 - Oct 30 by D_Alien

Butler 55 off 25 balls, imperious batting and making light of the target

Has hit a six 102 metres, and 2 more over 90 !!
T' T20 & th'Ashes on 17:55 - Oct 30 with 5418 viewsSandyman

Dale win away and England annihilate the convicts. A good Saturday afternoon.
T' T20 & th'Ashes on 18:02 - Oct 30 with 5388 viewsisitme

Absolute statement.
T' T20 & th'Ashes on 16:59 - Oct 31 with 5206 viewsNigeriamark

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 18:02 - Oct 30 by isitme

Absolute statement.

Well done NZ. India in big trouble now after 2 pastings. Need other results now to go their way & Afghanistan next up won't be easy
T' T20 & th'Ashes on 17:37 - Oct 31 with 5177 viewsisitme

I watched India's innings and found it strange. Some decent bowling but for Sodhi and Santner to have such economical figures tells you there was something wrong somewhere. I am sure Buttler would have been a bit more proactive against them.

India, the big favourites are more than likely out. With the big teams in that group having played each other, it would take unexpected results for both Pakistan and New Zealand to not qualify.
T' T20 & th'Ashes on 14:34 - Nov 1 with 5065 viewsD_Alien

Lost the toss and batting, poor start by England in the power play

Chance for the middle and lower order batsmen to get a knock, perhaps

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 15:44 - Nov 1 with 5004 viewsD_Alien

Jos Buttler!!!!!!!!

Words fail me!!

However...!

Needed a six off the last ball to get his ton, highest score in T20I's

First 50 took 45 balls - his slowest in T20s. Second 50 in 22

Good knock too by Morgan, much needed. Those two built slowly on a difficult pitch, to achieve 163-4, which looked out of the question half way through
[Post edited 1 Nov 2021 15:53]

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 19:18 - Nov 1 with 4896 viewsisitme

Excellent win. No panic after losing early wickets and then Buttler teed off. Credit to Sri Lanka who were in it for large parts of the game but the last five overs of each innings has cost them.

These day night games offer a massive advantage to the team batting second if you get dew. Livingstone and Ali did really well filling in for Mills. In someways Wood in for Mills would strengthen the team.
T' T20 & th'Ashes on 15:57 - Nov 6 with 4634 viewsNigeriamark

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 19:18 - Nov 1 by isitme

Excellent win. No panic after losing early wickets and then Buttler teed off. Credit to Sri Lanka who were in it for large parts of the game but the last five overs of each innings has cost them.

These day night games offer a massive advantage to the team batting second if you get dew. Livingstone and Ali did really well filling in for Mills. In someways Wood in for Mills would strengthen the team.

brilliant last 9 overs by South Africa ( over 100 runs) leaving England 190 to win. A good test for the first time in the tournament. England need 87 to qualify for the semis and 130 to knock out SA. If they score between 87 & 129 then the Aussies get knocked out

Big advantage for England with SA having to bowl with the dew so I think the Aussies should be safe but at least SA have a chance
T' T20 & th'Ashes on 17:52 - Nov 6 with 4562 viewsD_Alien

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 15:57 - Nov 6 by Nigeriamark

brilliant last 9 overs by South Africa ( over 100 runs) leaving England 190 to win. A good test for the first time in the tournament. England need 87 to qualify for the semis and 130 to knock out SA. If they score between 87 & 129 then the Aussies get knocked out

Big advantage for England with SA having to bowl with the dew so I think the Aussies should be safe but at least SA have a chance

An entertaining game with England just failing to make it over the line in the last over, but the important stats already sorted

Good time out in the middle for a few more players, Livingstone in particular

With Roy out of the tournament, i'd be inclined to open with Malan

Maybe getting a "loss" out of the way before the knockout stages too

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 18:23 - Nov 6 with 4521 viewsNigeriamark

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 17:52 - Nov 6 by D_Alien

An entertaining game with England just failing to make it over the line in the last over, but the important stats already sorted

Good time out in the middle for a few more players, Livingstone in particular

With Roy out of the tournament, i'd be inclined to open with Malan

Maybe getting a "loss" out of the way before the knockout stages too

Livingstone hit a 6 of 112 metres ( A WI player hit one 111 metres earlier)

I think they may go with Bairstow as opener but Malan Buttler wouldn't be a bad shout either. Billings or Vince are the batsmen to choose from. Billings if Bairstow opens or Vince /Malan to open & Bairstow stays where he is?

Hoping for a NZ win tomorrow as India are starting to improve ( even though we can beat either)
T' T20 & th'Ashes on 14:02 - Nov 10 with 4281 viewsD_Alien

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 18:23 - Nov 6 by Nigeriamark

Livingstone hit a 6 of 112 metres ( A WI player hit one 111 metres earlier)

I think they may go with Bairstow as opener but Malan Buttler wouldn't be a bad shout either. Billings or Vince are the batsmen to choose from. Billings if Bairstow opens or Vince /Malan to open & Bairstow stays where he is?

Hoping for a NZ win tomorrow as India are starting to improve ( even though we can beat either)

So here we go then

NZ win toss and field. Billings in, Bairstow opening

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 14:41 - Nov 10 with 4253 viewsNigeriamark

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 14:02 - Nov 10 by D_Alien

So here we go then

NZ win toss and field. Billings in, Bairstow opening

Steady start

50 up in just over 7 overs and Buttler still there

EDIT: Me and my big mouth. Buttler out 4 balls later !!!!
[Post edited 10 Nov 2021 14:43]
T' T20 & th'Ashes on 15:43 - Nov 10 with 4208 viewsD_Alien

T' T20 & th'Ashes on 14:41 - Nov 10 by Nigeriamark

Steady start

50 up in just over 7 overs and Buttler still there

EDIT: Me and my big mouth. Buttler out 4 balls later !!!!
[Post edited 10 Nov 2021 14:43]

166 is pretty good, but with only 4 wickets down can't help thinking we might've gone for it a bit more in the middle of the innings

A target of 180 would've been very difficult

Let's see...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024