Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A surreal six month! 06:45 - Oct 26 with 2109 viewsTalkingSutty

It’s not an exaggeration to say that during the last six months the Club was days, maybe even hours away from going the same way as our neighbours down the road. The game was up, the decisions had been made, one hundred and fourteen years of history, hard work and toil just confined to the dustbin. No consultation with the fans, the shareholders, the overcoat men...nothing! Those responsible should hang their heads in shame, what a way to live your life, what must their families think?

The Currans/ Rose /Jarvis of this world do what they do, it’s all about the money and nothing personal towards our Club, the name of the Club is irrelevant to them. Somebody invited them through the front door and then did a sales pitch on them, they didn’t just turn up unannounced. The person sending out the invites painted a picture of a club that was ripe for picking, a rudderless ship, a Club that nobody cared about. He couldn’t have been further from the truth but it shows how deluded and detached from reality our CEO was. Curran was sold a pup and our boardroom traitors cashed in their shares. Does nobody do proper due diligence these days?

Anyway great things come out of adversity and during the Sutton game I was sitting in my seat and looking around and this is what I saw. A Directozrs box stuffed full of good, honest people...Dale fans. The David Kilpatrick Stand, the fantastic Graham Morris as Club President, Andrew Kelly as matchday spionsor, a pivotal figure who now has our academy named after him. The David Clough statue and his brilliant scorebioard, the mural on the Sandy Lane wall...that looks brilliant. Our manager, down to earth and straight talking, he fits in well. A new team of players on the pitch and there is much to admire from them. A Supporters Trust that we can be proud of, one that will go from strength to strength. A set of fans that are now united and fully behind the Club and those tasked with running it. Fans who now have a real stake in the Club, thanks to the recent share issue.

The battle isn’t won yet, there are still obstacles to overcome but together we have proved that this really is Team Rochdale..a formidable opponent who will come together and fight to the bitter end to save their Club....the Club that we all love.

[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 8:44]
A surreal six month! on 07:39 - Oct 26 with 2017 viewsHullDale

Well said TS.

I don't think any of us will really relax until we know that the share issue has sold out (& some genius works out exactly what percentage Morton House are left with)... I'm really hoping its less than 25% and then if the club need to pass any special resolutions moving forward they should be in a position to realistically get 75%+ approval from shareholders.

The new BOD who have quietly and diligently gone about their business, the Trust who have shown what good looks like for a supporters' group (both of them against some pretty unsavoury, and arguably scary, characters), and countless fans who have rallied together should all hold their heads high and sleep well in the knowledge that they have hopefully safeguarded the future of the real RAFC for future generations.

In the same way the 'Overcoat Men' are revered today, the same should be said of Simon, Col et al in future. As was in The Athletic's second article, we fought to protect the club before it needed saving - and there is 100% a book to be written about the events of the last 12 months!
A surreal six month! on 08:18 - Oct 26 with 1946 viewskel

Good to see you back posting, TS, and what a good post too.

After hopefully ridding ourselves of the sharks, the coming together of fans has really made me happy. People have probably noticed we had our differences on here but this whole episode has at least rectified that and for that I’m grateful.
A surreal six month! on 08:36 - Oct 26 with 1919 viewsTalkingSutty

A surreal six month! on 08:18 - Oct 26 by kel

Good to see you back posting, TS, and what a good post too.

After hopefully ridding ourselves of the sharks, the coming together of fans has really made me happy. People have probably noticed we had our differences on here but this whole episode has at least rectified that and for that I’m grateful.

Cheers Kel, yes it all got a bit daft and I played my full part in that, sincere apologies to you and i’m glad we buried the hatchet.

To be honest i obviously have loads of anger for those outsiders who are circling the Club like vultures and wish to do it harm, but my real anger is reserved for those who purported to be custodians of our Club, lifelong supporters, they are the ones who did the deal and decided to sell their shares.
A surreal six month! on 09:08 - Oct 26 with 1828 viewsDaleiLama

A surreal six month! on 08:36 - Oct 26 by TalkingSutty

Cheers Kel, yes it all got a bit daft and I played my full part in that, sincere apologies to you and i’m glad we buried the hatchet.

To be honest i obviously have loads of anger for those outsiders who are circling the Club like vultures and wish to do it harm, but my real anger is reserved for those who purported to be custodians of our Club, lifelong supporters, they are the ones who did the deal and decided to sell their shares.

"Selling out", or "Sold out" in the past tense, is a common expression for the compromising of a person's integrity, morality, authenticity, or principles in exchange for personal gain, such as money".

✅

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

A surreal six month! on 09:38 - Oct 26 with 1769 viewsJames1980

Excellent post TS
Hard to believe that the man who made this statement. https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/january/andrew-kilpatrick-message/
Would two and a half years later be selling his shares and putting the club's very existence in jeopardy.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

A surreal six month! on 09:53 - Oct 26 with 1724 viewsDaleiLama

A surreal six month! on 09:38 - Oct 26 by James1980

Excellent post TS
Hard to believe that the man who made this statement. https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/january/andrew-kilpatrick-message/
Would two and a half years later be selling his shares and putting the club's very existence in jeopardy.

We were certainly in safer hands with the overcoats than the turncoats

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024