Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The beeb 10:30 - Oct 26 with 10863 viewsjoecooke

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58883213

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

The beeb on 10:40 - Oct 26 with 7679 viewsjudd

He's changed his tune. Shame he didn't highlight the fact that the board admitted it had done NO due diligence on ANY potential "investor" at the AGM. That was a shocking and shameful indictment, and serves to illustrate the stunning arrogance and incompetence of the deposed CE.

Poll: What is it to be then?

The beeb on 10:49 - Oct 26 with 7629 viewsHullDale

No sign of an apology - simply a 'this article was updated 26/10' footer at the bottom. With that in mind, I hope the club continue to push the BBC for damages arising from the first article.

I did, though, enjoy the line:

"The EFL is investigating the events of the summer share sales and has already interviewed a number of significant people involved in the situation. According to their regulations, deals done without seeking prior approval when required are regarded as misconduct, which has the potential to attract fines for individuals depending on who is viewed as being responsible."

It makes you wonder if Morton House will end up out of pocket, and at least one of the orchestrators of the situation from within the club could also lose the money they gained from the sale too.

What was that famous Alanis Morissette song again?
The beeb on 10:51 - Oct 26 with 7607 viewsDaleiLama

The beeb on 10:40 - Oct 26 by judd

He's changed his tune. Shame he didn't highlight the fact that the board admitted it had done NO due diligence on ANY potential "investor" at the AGM. That was a shocking and shameful indictment, and serves to illustrate the stunning arrogance and incompetence of the deposed CE.

It's better but still feels like he's having his strings pulled.

"Talks involving former board members triggered what has been regarded by SOME as a hostile takeover attempt". I suspect the only ones who didn't think it was hostile were the turncoat men and the sharks.

At least the views of the Trust and the Board (i.e. the ones that matter) were presented.

Not even a mention of an edit until the end which could easily be missed. Certainly no retractions. Don't think he'll be getting a very warm welcome at Spotland except for those who have to put on a brave face representing the club.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The beeb on 10:55 - Oct 26 with 7591 viewsHullDale

The beeb on 10:51 - Oct 26 by DaleiLama

"Talks involving former board members triggered what has been regarded by SOME as a hostile takeover attempt". I suspect the only ones who didn't think it was hostile were the turncoat men and the sharks.

At least the views of the Trust and the Board (i.e. the ones that matter) were presented.

Not even a mention of an edit until the end which could easily be missed. Certainly no retractions. Don't think he'll be getting a very warm welcome at Spotland except for those who have to put on a brave face representing the club.

Mr Stone has 251.6K twitter followers.

On the 12/10, he shared this tweet to over a quarter of a million people:

I'm looking forward to him sharing the new / updated article today, hopefully alongside an apology for the damaging falsehoods in the first version.
The beeb on 11:06 - Oct 26 with 7552 viewsDaleiLama

The beeb on 10:55 - Oct 26 by HullDale

Mr Stone has 251.6K twitter followers.

On the 12/10, he shared this tweet to over a quarter of a million people:

I'm looking forward to him sharing the new / updated article today, hopefully alongside an apology for the damaging falsehoods in the first version.

I would enjoy that, but there's more chance of Sharon Stone apologising for crossing her legs. I enjoyed that too.

The beeb on 11:23 - Oct 26 with 7484 viewsJames1980

The beeb on 10:51 - Oct 26 by DaleiLama

I was thinking the same. It seems like he has been convinced that being brought by a dubious benefactor is what will be best for the club.
Although I can see the article now where he praises a resurrected buckets for being fan owned and how other lower league clubs would be well advised to follow such a model.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

The beeb on 13:19 - Oct 26 with 7191 viewsRAFCBLUE

The beeb on 11:23 - Oct 26 by James1980

I was thinking the same. It seems like he has been convinced that being brought by a dubious benefactor is what will be best for the club.
Although I can see the article now where he praises a resurrected buckets for being fan owned and how other lower league clubs would be well advised to follow such a model.

In June at a five-hour meeting, Rochdale directors David Bottomley (also the club's chief executive and blamed by the fans for many of the club's problems) and Graham Rawlinson were voted off the board by shareholders. Their motions proposing that the club required outside investment were also withdrawn at that meeting.

Look forward to that being repeated over and over and over again on Twitter.

No defamation or libel possible - it's true and the BBC now say so!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

The beeb on 13:45 - Oct 26 with 7118 viewsJames1980

The beeb on 13:19 - Oct 26 by RAFCBLUE

In June at a five-hour meeting, Rochdale directors David Bottomley (also the club's chief executive and blamed by the fans for many of the club's problems) and Graham Rawlinson were voted off the board by shareholders. Their motions proposing that the club required outside investment were also withdrawn at that meeting.

Look forward to that being repeated over and over and over again on Twitter.

No defamation or libel possible - it's true and the BBC now say so!

Hang on. Were threats made when those truths had previously been posted?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

The beeb on 13:59 - Oct 26 with 7081 views49thseason

Without a full and frank apology and the Board should make Simon Stone "persona non grata" at the Crown Oil Arena. and refuse to cooperate with him on any further journalistic endeavours.
Its not as if the BBC can do much more harm to us bearing in mind the Radio Bolton situation. I doubt we will get much FA Cup coverage from them anyway unless we are drawn away to Arsenal in the third round!
The beeb on 14:04 - Oct 26 with 7045 viewsD_Alien

It's better, but still doesn't go far enough, and i hope the club continue to pursue the matter since no apology has been issued for the untruths in the original

Many casual readers (wandering onto the BBC Football leader page to see if Solskjaer has been sacked yet) might be forgiven for thinking it's just the same article, resurrected for some reason unknown to them

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The beeb on 14:07 - Oct 26 with 7045 viewsHullDale

Looks like the club are satisfied with the new article and consider the matter closed.

The beeb on 15:47 - Oct 26 with 6859 viewsRAFCBLUE

The beeb on 14:07 - Oct 26 by HullDale

Looks like the club are satisfied with the new article and consider the matter closed.

All the club could and can ever do is ask the BBC to be factual, which the first piece was clearly not.

This revised second version is more balanced and actually factually correct and they have actually also spoken to and sourced information from the Dale Trust and the club which is quoted.

The new article also goes further than ever before in the public domain and sets the full chain of events into the open.

It highlights that Bottomley was the instigator who led the demand for investment, pitched Martin Halsall at the Trust, saw that fall by the wayside and still tried to steer through a blind takeover of the club via EGM motions that he lauded on the club's YouTube channel.

Bottomley's confidential presentation to shareholders from the 1st June AGM on that case for investment was then forwarded to Alexander Jarvis with two flaws - (1) it was saved by Bottomley dated AFTER he had been removed by shareholders and (2) the motions were never voted on because they were pulled on the night, rather than be voted down.

Anyone there that evening knew that a majority of shareholders would say no.

Undeterred, Bottomley joined forces with Jarvis post-AGM to support Morton House - again undeniable as Jarvis' data leaks in July and August have confirmed it and Jarvis also confirmed those who had sold to Morton House when he outlined to the MEN the selling shareholders which included Andrew Kilpatrick, David Bottomley and Graham Rawlinson.

If Andrew Curran reads the Beeb or this Board he is very likely to feel he's been had over!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

The beeb on 15:52 - Oct 26 with 6826 views49thseason

Seems like the club are happy to brush it under the carpet now. In the cold light of day, the article probably didn't cause any great reputational damage or financial loss, but at least the BBC have been told that the piece fell short of their (and our) editorial standards. I imagine Mr Stone is fully aware of our feelings as supporters and has probably been spoken to by his superior about the piece. An apology would be nice but I guess as it stands they owe us a favour. or two.
The beeb on 15:53 - Oct 26 with 6829 viewsRAFCBLUE

The beeb on 13:45 - Oct 26 by James1980

Hang on. Were threats made when those truths had previously been posted?

I believe so. Others might be able to say what has happened specifically but UTDNFS was outlining why their twitter account had been mothballed.

It's a tactic called "silencing the press" and surpressing the true story from ever coming to light.

The problem is you can't suppress Google and the names of David Bottomley, Alexander Jarvis, Morton House and Andrew Curran will forever be tainted on t'internet for anyone who searches for them.

Now on a BBC Sport article!

The beeb on 16:01 - Oct 26 with 6758 viewsD_Alien

The beeb on 15:52 - Oct 26 by 49thseason

Seems like the club are happy to brush it under the carpet now. In the cold light of day, the article probably didn't cause any great reputational damage or financial loss, but at least the BBC have been told that the piece fell short of their (and our) editorial standards. I imagine Mr Stone is fully aware of our feelings as supporters and has probably been spoken to by his superior about the piece. An apology would be nice but I guess as it stands they owe us a favour. or two.

Despite misgivings (already stated) i guess the club feel there's more important issues to deal with now and this whole business has been an unnecessary distraction

It's another victory of sorts. I wonder whether the decision to bring their cameras to the COA for the Notts Co game might've been influenced by any of this? Not as a favour perhaps, but to add to the spotlight

They'd better get their facts right during the broadcast!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The beeb on 16:09 - Oct 26 with 6744 viewsSalegraham

Can this guy not get a story right, how are Morton house/ Curran going to get the extra 42% when the shares are being sold to folk that the Dale know not any old Tom, dick or David !
The beeb on 16:25 - Oct 26 with 6666 viewsjudd

The beeb on 15:47 - Oct 26 by RAFCBLUE

All the club could and can ever do is ask the BBC to be factual, which the first piece was clearly not.

This revised second version is more balanced and actually factually correct and they have actually also spoken to and sourced information from the Dale Trust and the club which is quoted.

The new article also goes further than ever before in the public domain and sets the full chain of events into the open.

It highlights that Bottomley was the instigator who led the demand for investment, pitched Martin Halsall at the Trust, saw that fall by the wayside and still tried to steer through a blind takeover of the club via EGM motions that he lauded on the club's YouTube channel.

Bottomley's confidential presentation to shareholders from the 1st June AGM on that case for investment was then forwarded to Alexander Jarvis with two flaws - (1) it was saved by Bottomley dated AFTER he had been removed by shareholders and (2) the motions were never voted on because they were pulled on the night, rather than be voted down.

Anyone there that evening knew that a majority of shareholders would say no.

Undeterred, Bottomley joined forces with Jarvis post-AGM to support Morton House - again undeniable as Jarvis' data leaks in July and August have confirmed it and Jarvis also confirmed those who had sold to Morton House when he outlined to the MEN the selling shareholders which included Andrew Kilpatrick, David Bottomley and Graham Rawlinson.

If Andrew Curran reads the Beeb or this Board he is very likely to feel he's been had over!

The below forms part of an email I had written to Stone before the club released their statement:

" This would ultimately spark the bitter dispute and end with two directors who were key in driving this move, David Bottomley and Graham Rawlinson, being voted off the board. “

FACT: American share holders Dan Altman and Emre Marcelli, having accepted an invitation to join the Board of Directors reversed that decision on 12th April 2021, and in a statement cited “serious internal issues at the club that we felt had to be resolved by the existing Board before we could join...the aforementioned issues have not been resolved in what we would consider a satisfactory or timely manner”

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/altmandaniel_statement-on-rochdale-afc-activity-6

Subsequent to this the Dale Trust called for an EGM to call for the standing down and the putting up for election of all 4 Directors. Legal advice from various parties, including the football club saw the resolution amended to read the removal from the Board of David Bottomley and Graham Rawlinson.

The “serious internal issues” referred to by the Americans included the secret contract extension and pay award to the then manager, for which the club apologised at the end of March, a 30% pay award to the Chief Executive (these two events leading to the resignation of the Club Secretary, only for him to appear at the AGM and challenge what the Board offered when challenged about the size of the award), and finally internal disciplinary action taken against the Chief Executive over his conduct in these matters. These revelations at the AGM prompted one shareholder and former Director to label the Board as shambolic.

“In June at a five-hour meeting, Rochdale directors David Bottomley (also the club's chief executive and blamed by the fans for many of the club's problems) and Graham Rawlinson were voted off the board by shareholders. Their motions proposing that the club required outside investment were also withdrawn at that meeting.”

FACT: The motions were withdrawn before the vote to remove Directors.

The motions were to withdraw pre-emptive rights of existing shareholders for a period of 5 years, allowing the Board free reign to sell shares to whoever they and they only saw fit, and to value new shares at not less the £6. There was NO motion proposing the club required outside investment.

A few things to consider about the discomfort shareholders felt:

David Bottomley’s previous involvement with illegal price fixing whilst at Hasbro, leading to multi-millions in fines for his employer and customers

Bottomley’s presentation citing aspirations to investment and training ground development such as at Fleetwood Town (in debt of £21m) and Reading (accumulated losses of c. £70m in the preceding 2 years)

Bottomley’s attempts to avoid answering questions at the AGM, in particular claiming post-balance sheet events were responsible for the profit in the last financial year

The Board admitted at the AGM that they had not carried out ANY due diligence on any of the parties they had been in discussion with

Due diligence carried out by the Trust and a group of supporters of suitably qualified and motivated backgrounds on Martin Halsall, which unveiled a negative net worth of trading companies, significantly overdrawn Director loan accounts and the payment of significant dividends, led to concerns that the investment would be in the form of debt secured on the stadium, which the club fought for years to acquire sole ownership of

“Between 2018 and 2021, a number of non-disclosure agreements were issued to interested investors. Some on the board thought they had found the right man in entrepreneur and motorbike team owner Martin Halsall. Another businessman, Andrew Curran, was also among those club officials spoke to.

After Halsall had been given a presentation by the club, he was introduced to the Rochdale Supporters' Trust (Dale Trust) who put forward a number of questions about his plans which they say were not answered.

When Halsall backed away, Curran and a company called Morton House Management emerged as an interested party.”

FACT: Halsall was the preferred bidder because he was offering to buy up the entire shareholding of the existing board as well as any new shares to be issued, looking to acquire 75%, thereby having full control of voting rights. Due diligence as referenced above prompted the Trust to ask how these purchases were to be funded. Following the initial meeting between Halsall and the Trust all further attempts at contact were ignored.

Curran was seen at the home game versus Swindon, (as well as Nick & Eva Speakman.) Curran was out of the picture subsequently and his calls to Bottomley went ignored. It was something of a surprise to Curran when Bottomley contacted him after the AGM, nor did Curran know he was not the preferred “investor”

Curran and Rose planned to acquire shares from existing shareholders in order to gain 50.1% of the club. This is not investment in the club. The acquisition of shareholder contact details is now subject to an EFL investigation. Curran made some glib comments about investments to clear debts but no mention of the training ground requirements so emphatically referred to by Bottomley in his presentation at the AGM

Curran has virtually no digital footprint and has offered differing accounts of how he has generated his wealth.

Rose’s businesses of late seemed to have benefitted from significant cash injections. His wealth was explained as a result of the exceptional performance of his property development business during the pandemic

Morton House MGT and First Form Construction Ltd can be viewed here, just as a flavour of what they are about:

https://www.reportingaccounts.com/uk/03779852/morton-house-mgt-and-first-form-co

They are part of a network of companies owned or part owned by certain individuals with dubious histories. More detail can be provided if you cannot or will not find it yourself.

“By now, the Dale Trust had got themselves mobilised. “

FACT: The Trust had mobilised in April when the Americans’ statement was released, not in July.The Trust remains mobilised and has expanded membership to above 1,200. The Trust is now represented at Main Board level with whom a Memorandum of Understanding had been signed in a blaze of publicity by Bottomley and subsequently ignored by him

“In the meantime, Morton House agreed to sell 25% of the club to Matt Southall, who was formerly chief executive at Charlton and heavily involved in their ownership dispute that attracted so much controversy in 2020.

BBC Sport understands Southall, who has recently moved to Dubai with his family, has no desire to get involved in the day-to-day running of Rochdale.`

It is also understood that Southall believes he has an agreement to increase his stake in Dale should Morton House get hold of Kelly's shares - which are now the subject of a legal dispute - which would take its holding over 50%.

Southall feels there is no reason why he would fail the EFL owners and directors' test. Rochdale's fans, prompted by Charlton supporters who have criticised their own club's ownership dispute, have an entirely different view. A recent virtual meeting between the two parties found no common ground.”

FACT: Southall has not moved with his family to Dubai. He recently went there on holiday.

Please see the excellent website at the link

https://thecharltondossier.com/

Among the information contained here you will see reference to a court ruling in favour of Optimus Build Ltd. The Director of Optimus Build, subsequent to Southalls’ announcement of agreeing to acquire 25% of Rochdale, has now issued bankruptcy proceedings against Southall and McManus.

“At a time where Newcastle fans are celebrating an influx of "new" money and Derby's administrators are dealing with the consequences of an owner who spent too much, lower down the pyramid, Rochdale are approaching a crossroads.

For a proud, historic Football League club, who regard themselves as a community asset in much the same way as Bury - local rivals just six miles down the road - did, their very existence could hinge on them making the right choices.”

What crossroads are we approaching?

What further right choices do we have to make?

Poll: What is it to be then?

The beeb on 18:16 - Oct 26 with 6399 viewsRAFCBLUE

The beeb on 16:25 - Oct 26 by judd

The below forms part of an email I had written to Stone before the club released their statement:

" This would ultimately spark the bitter dispute and end with two directors who were key in driving this move, David Bottomley and Graham Rawlinson, being voted off the board. “

FACT: American share holders Dan Altman and Emre Marcelli, having accepted an invitation to join the Board of Directors reversed that decision on 12th April 2021, and in a statement cited “serious internal issues at the club that we felt had to be resolved by the existing Board before we could join...the aforementioned issues have not been resolved in what we would consider a satisfactory or timely manner”

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/altmandaniel_statement-on-rochdale-afc-activity-6

Subsequent to this the Dale Trust called for an EGM to call for the standing down and the putting up for election of all 4 Directors. Legal advice from various parties, including the football club saw the resolution amended to read the removal from the Board of David Bottomley and Graham Rawlinson.

The “serious internal issues” referred to by the Americans included the secret contract extension and pay award to the then manager, for which the club apologised at the end of March, a 30% pay award to the Chief Executive (these two events leading to the resignation of the Club Secretary, only for him to appear at the AGM and challenge what the Board offered when challenged about the size of the award), and finally internal disciplinary action taken against the Chief Executive over his conduct in these matters. These revelations at the AGM prompted one shareholder and former Director to label the Board as shambolic.

“In June at a five-hour meeting, Rochdale directors David Bottomley (also the club's chief executive and blamed by the fans for many of the club's problems) and Graham Rawlinson were voted off the board by shareholders. Their motions proposing that the club required outside investment were also withdrawn at that meeting.”

FACT: The motions were withdrawn before the vote to remove Directors.

The motions were to withdraw pre-emptive rights of existing shareholders for a period of 5 years, allowing the Board free reign to sell shares to whoever they and they only saw fit, and to value new shares at not less the £6. There was NO motion proposing the club required outside investment.

A few things to consider about the discomfort shareholders felt:

David Bottomley’s previous involvement with illegal price fixing whilst at Hasbro, leading to multi-millions in fines for his employer and customers

Bottomley’s presentation citing aspirations to investment and training ground development such as at Fleetwood Town (in debt of £21m) and Reading (accumulated losses of c. £70m in the preceding 2 years)

Bottomley’s attempts to avoid answering questions at the AGM, in particular claiming post-balance sheet events were responsible for the profit in the last financial year

The Board admitted at the AGM that they had not carried out ANY due diligence on any of the parties they had been in discussion with

Due diligence carried out by the Trust and a group of supporters of suitably qualified and motivated backgrounds on Martin Halsall, which unveiled a negative net worth of trading companies, significantly overdrawn Director loan accounts and the payment of significant dividends, led to concerns that the investment would be in the form of debt secured on the stadium, which the club fought for years to acquire sole ownership of

“Between 2018 and 2021, a number of non-disclosure agreements were issued to interested investors. Some on the board thought they had found the right man in entrepreneur and motorbike team owner Martin Halsall. Another businessman, Andrew Curran, was also among those club officials spoke to.

After Halsall had been given a presentation by the club, he was introduced to the Rochdale Supporters' Trust (Dale Trust) who put forward a number of questions about his plans which they say were not answered.

When Halsall backed away, Curran and a company called Morton House Management emerged as an interested party.”

FACT: Halsall was the preferred bidder because he was offering to buy up the entire shareholding of the existing board as well as any new shares to be issued, looking to acquire 75%, thereby having full control of voting rights. Due diligence as referenced above prompted the Trust to ask how these purchases were to be funded. Following the initial meeting between Halsall and the Trust all further attempts at contact were ignored.

Curran was seen at the home game versus Swindon, (as well as Nick & Eva Speakman.) Curran was out of the picture subsequently and his calls to Bottomley went ignored. It was something of a surprise to Curran when Bottomley contacted him after the AGM, nor did Curran know he was not the preferred “investor”

Curran and Rose planned to acquire shares from existing shareholders in order to gain 50.1% of the club. This is not investment in the club. The acquisition of shareholder contact details is now subject to an EFL investigation. Curran made some glib comments about investments to clear debts but no mention of the training ground requirements so emphatically referred to by Bottomley in his presentation at the AGM

Curran has virtually no digital footprint and has offered differing accounts of how he has generated his wealth.

Rose’s businesses of late seemed to have benefitted from significant cash injections. His wealth was explained as a result of the exceptional performance of his property development business during the pandemic

Morton House MGT and First Form Construction Ltd can be viewed here, just as a flavour of what they are about:

https://www.reportingaccounts.com/uk/03779852/morton-house-mgt-and-first-form-co

They are part of a network of companies owned or part owned by certain individuals with dubious histories. More detail can be provided if you cannot or will not find it yourself.

“By now, the Dale Trust had got themselves mobilised. “

FACT: The Trust had mobilised in April when the Americans’ statement was released, not in July.The Trust remains mobilised and has expanded membership to above 1,200. The Trust is now represented at Main Board level with whom a Memorandum of Understanding had been signed in a blaze of publicity by Bottomley and subsequently ignored by him

“In the meantime, Morton House agreed to sell 25% of the club to Matt Southall, who was formerly chief executive at Charlton and heavily involved in their ownership dispute that attracted so much controversy in 2020.

BBC Sport understands Southall, who has recently moved to Dubai with his family, has no desire to get involved in the day-to-day running of Rochdale.`

It is also understood that Southall believes he has an agreement to increase his stake in Dale should Morton House get hold of Kelly's shares - which are now the subject of a legal dispute - which would take its holding over 50%.

Southall feels there is no reason why he would fail the EFL owners and directors' test. Rochdale's fans, prompted by Charlton supporters who have criticised their own club's ownership dispute, have an entirely different view. A recent virtual meeting between the two parties found no common ground.”

FACT: Southall has not moved with his family to Dubai. He recently went there on holiday.

Please see the excellent website at the link

https://thecharltondossier.com/

Among the information contained here you will see reference to a court ruling in favour of Optimus Build Ltd. The Director of Optimus Build, subsequent to Southalls’ announcement of agreeing to acquire 25% of Rochdale, has now issued bankruptcy proceedings against Southall and McManus.

“At a time where Newcastle fans are celebrating an influx of "new" money and Derby's administrators are dealing with the consequences of an owner who spent too much, lower down the pyramid, Rochdale are approaching a crossroads.

For a proud, historic Football League club, who regard themselves as a community asset in much the same way as Bury - local rivals just six miles down the road - did, their very existence could hinge on them making the right choices.”

What crossroads are we approaching?

What further right choices do we have to make?

The BBC have phoned, judd. You've got the job!

The beeb on 18:37 - Oct 26 with 6313 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Typical BBC sadly.
Arrogance, stupidity & complacency all wrapped up in one convenient package in the original article, then a bland broad brush half arsed amendment in the second.
They couldn’t run a bath. Defunding moves a tiny step closer…
The beeb on 18:45 - Oct 26 with 6260 viewswozzrafc

it still suggests that Morton house were in place before the EGM and we know that’s not the case. It still negates the fact the deal was done against the Will of the majority of shareholders and without Morton House speaking to the new board until they had 42% and thought they had secured deals to take them over 50% If that’s not a hostile take over I don’t know what is!!
The beeb on 10:14 - Oct 29 with 5437 viewsA_Newby

Following Andy Curran being charged by the FA yesterday, I googled his name to see what articles appeared on the news.

Out of interest I also googled Alexander Jarvis and found this old article from the New York Times from 2018.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/09/sports/soccer-jarvis.html

I am sure RAFCBlue or someone else must have already put this link on the forum as I’ve read it before, but I reread the article.

What struck me about the reporting was how the NYT journalist had analysed, dissected, fact checked, and ultimately debunked claims made by Jarvis. The journalist directly contacted people and organisations named by Jarvis to ask them to confirm what Jarvis said or implied and asked for their comments. (i.e., The journalist did their job thoroughly).

I then reread the updated article on the BBC website by Simon Stone about the potential RAFC takeover. Now what struck me is that in all the article there is no mention at all of Alexander Jarvis and his pivotal role in the hostile takeover attempt!

This is despite much material being easily available online from various news sources about his involvement.

Why is this I wonder?

Perhaps somebody who has contact with Simon Stoney can ask him.
The beeb on 12:27 - Oct 29 with 5169 views49thseason

It would be interesting to know what conversations took place in Board meetings prior to Bottom putting the club up for sale. I wonder if there are any minutes of what was said about selling the club and who said it? Or was this all started on the whim of a couple of directors or perhaps just one? Was this all cooked up outside the boardroom and then presented as a fait accomplis?
Maybe the Trust could ask Murray to have a look at the Minute book, assuming there is some sort of record, to see how much prior discussion actually did take pace?
The beeb on 12:59 - Oct 29 with 5097 viewsSandyman

Now the Beeb are talking about a "'significant' 10-point impartiality plan".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59088800
The beeb on 13:03 - Oct 29 with 5079 viewsDaleiLama

The beeb on 12:59 - Oct 29 by Sandyman

It can't even respond to complaints adequately, professionally or on time, so there's no chance of this happening! Maybe the world service should be renamed lip service?

The beeb on 14:22 - Oct 29 with 4877 viewsBigKindo

The beeb on 12:59 - Oct 29 by Sandyman

"Putting two experts with non-BBC experience on its Editorial Guidelines and Standards Committee"
Same old same old. A couple of establishment chums quango-hopping.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024