Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Curran charged by FA 17:31 - Oct 28 with 13048 viewswozzrafc

Thought it is worth it’s own thread

Curran charged by FA on 17:51 - Oct 28 with 6223 viewsboromat

Bet he's fuming

Won't want his name lit up on the internet like that. Only his self to blame. Hopefully there's a serious sanction keeping him away from the game.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Curran charged by FA on 17:58 - Oct 28 with 6188 viewsIOMDale

You bloody love to see it.

UTDNFS

Curran charged by FA on 18:03 - Oct 28 with 6154 viewsD_Alien

It's taken an age (given the obvious nature of the evidence) but at long last, it looks like the EFL are showing some balls

Curran will be squirming - and he won't be the last

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Curran charged by FA on 18:21 - Oct 28 with 6083 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

Think about this question whilst you read the following potted history:

"If I was Andrew Curran this evening, how annoyed would I be on a scale of 1-10?"

because...

- I was working with a director of a global company who's 'core role is structuring, advising, and facilitating arbitrages, transnational business transactions, and outbound Investment mainly from the United States into the football sector across UK/Europe' to purchase what I believed to be an easy majority stake in a Lg 2 football club that owns its own ground

- I wasn't advised about the OADT kicking in as early as it did, bringing on an EFL disciplinary investigation

- I then lost my temper (my bad) in a meeting and allegedly made a verbal slur that could be considered homophobic

- I wasn't made aware of the tenacity of fans of the club who would dig into every last bit of my 'professional' life, and share some of it online (and I'm also worried they know more that isn't public knowledge yet but may have been shared with various authorities... why else would Tilbury docks have been mentioned?)

- & then my football club purchasing advisor seemingly goes quiet so I'm left to face the press (MEN / Telegraph etc) by myself - when I never wanted to be a public figure?

- I then find out we are subject to an EFL investigation and, rather than co-operate, we choose to step away from the deal and divest the shares that we (yeah but no but yeah but no but) may or may not legally have a claim to

- I then have to get rid of my shiny Roller Cullinan to start to cover some tracks relating to funds & my mate Darrel's LKC Motors

- It then goes quiet, whilst a man who we now believe has been referenced as 'The Scouse Disaster' tries to organise selling c.60% of the shares we may or may not own to a man who is potentially bankrupt and definitely not heading to do a sightseeing tour of Charlton any time soon

- Whilst this is going on, the club legally and correctly choose to raise funds to support some of the ongoing (relatively minor) financial challenges following a global pandemic by issuing around 400,000 shares that have been held in reserve, and that fans / shareholders voted by about 98.6% to 1.4% in favour of - an unhappy coincidence of this is that the 42% I may or may not own drops well below 30%

- I also have to resign from a recently THRIVING business in Morton House Mgmt services, and hand that back to the mystery man Faical Safouane

- & then whilst I'm sat either at home in Essex or on a lounger somewhere by the Costa Del Sol, I find out I've been formally charged by the FA (even bigger than the bloody EFL!) for the alleged homophobic slur. Not only does this put my name ALL OVER the press, it means there may be criminal charges coming. Even more upsetting, I may be banned from football grounds and that would mean I can't take Jingles or Puggles to watch the match.

- & I'm also worried that the potential criminal charges that could follow the FA charge may tie in with information that Dale fans may have shared with authorities, and that the solicitors we used may be providing source of funds info as part of the ongoing SRA investigation, leading to a huge ball of wool unravelling.

We reckon if we were Andy Curran tonight, we'd be a bit miffed.... so maybe an 8/10. We'd
probably need the extra 2 in case some of the other stuff comes out.

& we think we'd be looking at our football broker to recoup some of the alleged £1.2m we have already spent, plus reputational damage etc... all by perfectly legal means of course
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 18:43]

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

Curran charged by FA on 18:23 - Oct 28 with 6071 viewskel

Curran charged by FA on 18:03 - Oct 28 by D_Alien

It's taken an age (given the obvious nature of the evidence) but at long last, it looks like the EFL are showing some balls

Curran will be squirming - and he won't be the last

Botters’ turn next with a bit of luck, followed by that bellend Jarvo.
Curran charged by FA on 18:23 - Oct 28 with 6070 viewsrochedale

Play with feathers, get your arse tickled.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Curran charged by FA on 18:27 - Oct 28 with 6044 viewsHullDale

Curran charged by FA on 18:23 - Oct 28 by kel

Botters’ turn next with a bit of luck, followed by that bellend Jarvo.

The EFL seem to march to the beat of their own drum, and every announcement so far seems to have been delivered at a given time for a certain reason.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more charges announced over the next few weeks, as well as maybe an update from the SRA.

I don't think they would want to spread any further charges out over an elongated period of time - you may run the risk of intimidation, witness tampering and conspiring to concoct evidence between the perpetrators if its really dragged out.

If i was one of the people interviewed by the EFL, my arse would be going 50p 5p not stop right now..
Curran charged by FA on 18:36 - Oct 28 with 5974 viewswozzrafc

That’s just the starting course

I fully expect the FA to charge Morton House and possibly Jarvis over the purchase of the shares in Rochdale very soon, and in the process clearing the club. The FA will want to start drawing a line under this. Charging Curran directly stops him personally.

I think it sends a massive message the EFL is standing firmly behind the club!!
Login to get fewer ads

Curran charged by FA on 18:36 - Oct 28 with 5973 viewsjudd

It’s the FA not the EFL, who I believe have been very supportive of Rochdale.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Curran charged by FA on 18:37 - Oct 28 with 5960 viewsfitzochris

Curran charged by FA on 18:27 - Oct 28 by HullDale

The EFL seem to march to the beat of their own drum, and every announcement so far seems to have been delivered at a given time for a certain reason.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more charges announced over the next few weeks, as well as maybe an update from the SRA.

I don't think they would want to spread any further charges out over an elongated period of time - you may run the risk of intimidation, witness tampering and conspiring to concoct evidence between the perpetrators if its really dragged out.

If i was one of the people interviewed by the EFL, my arse would be going 50p 5p not stop right now..

This is an FA charge.

The EFL investigation is still ongoing, I believe. That digital footprint is going to get bigger yet.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Curran charged by FA on 18:53 - Oct 28 with 5864 viewsSandyman

Mr Curran will be sat, wherever he is sat, pondering this charge, it's consequences, and how what was put to him as a shoe-in went so wrong. The loss of anonymity, the loss of money. Why was he so badly advised? Who could have got him into a fine mess....?

Curran charged by FA on 19:07 - Oct 28 with 5745 viewsboromat

Curran charged by FA on 18:21 - Oct 28 by UpTheDaleNotForSale

Think about this question whilst you read the following potted history:

"If I was Andrew Curran this evening, how annoyed would I be on a scale of 1-10?"

because...

- I was working with a director of a global company who's 'core role is structuring, advising, and facilitating arbitrages, transnational business transactions, and outbound Investment mainly from the United States into the football sector across UK/Europe' to purchase what I believed to be an easy majority stake in a Lg 2 football club that owns its own ground

- I wasn't advised about the OADT kicking in as early as it did, bringing on an EFL disciplinary investigation

- I then lost my temper (my bad) in a meeting and allegedly made a verbal slur that could be considered homophobic

- I wasn't made aware of the tenacity of fans of the club who would dig into every last bit of my 'professional' life, and share some of it online (and I'm also worried they know more that isn't public knowledge yet but may have been shared with various authorities... why else would Tilbury docks have been mentioned?)

- & then my football club purchasing advisor seemingly goes quiet so I'm left to face the press (MEN / Telegraph etc) by myself - when I never wanted to be a public figure?

- I then find out we are subject to an EFL investigation and, rather than co-operate, we choose to step away from the deal and divest the shares that we (yeah but no but yeah but no but) may or may not legally have a claim to

- I then have to get rid of my shiny Roller Cullinan to start to cover some tracks relating to funds & my mate Darrel's LKC Motors

- It then goes quiet, whilst a man who we now believe has been referenced as 'The Scouse Disaster' tries to organise selling c.60% of the shares we may or may not own to a man who is potentially bankrupt and definitely not heading to do a sightseeing tour of Charlton any time soon

- Whilst this is going on, the club legally and correctly choose to raise funds to support some of the ongoing (relatively minor) financial challenges following a global pandemic by issuing around 400,000 shares that have been held in reserve, and that fans / shareholders voted by about 98.6% to 1.4% in favour of - an unhappy coincidence of this is that the 42% I may or may not own drops well below 30%

- I also have to resign from a recently THRIVING business in Morton House Mgmt services, and hand that back to the mystery man Faical Safouane

- & then whilst I'm sat either at home in Essex or on a lounger somewhere by the Costa Del Sol, I find out I've been formally charged by the FA (even bigger than the bloody EFL!) for the alleged homophobic slur. Not only does this put my name ALL OVER the press, it means there may be criminal charges coming. Even more upsetting, I may be banned from football grounds and that would mean I can't take Jingles or Puggles to watch the match.

- & I'm also worried that the potential criminal charges that could follow the FA charge may tie in with information that Dale fans may have shared with authorities, and that the solicitors we used may be providing source of funds info as part of the ongoing SRA investigation, leading to a huge ball of wool unravelling.

We reckon if we were Andy Curran tonight, we'd be a bit miffed.... so maybe an 8/10. We'd
probably need the extra 2 in case some of the other stuff comes out.

& we think we'd be looking at our football broker to recoup some of the alleged £1.2m we have already spent, plus reputational damage etc... all by perfectly legal means of course
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 18:43]

Out of 10 how hard is it to read this post and not have a huge stupid grin on your face?

Also probably an 8/10 hoping there's room for more stupid grinning in the future.

Curran charged by FA on 19:08 - Oct 28 with 5743 viewswozzrafc

Proper reporting https://www.newschainonline.com/sport/mens-sport/football/failed-rochdale-invest
Curran charged by FA on 19:08 - Oct 28 with 5742 viewsjudd

Curran charged by FA on 18:53 - Oct 28 by Sandyman

Mr Curran will be sat, wherever he is sat, pondering this charge, it's consequences, and how what was put to him as a shoe-in went so wrong. The loss of anonymity, the loss of money. Why was he so badly advised? Who could have got him into a fine mess....?

Lol lol and Hard on

Curran charged by FA on 19:09 - Oct 28 with 5736 viewsjudd

Curran charged by FA on 19:08 - Oct 28 by wozzrafc

Proper reporting https://www.newschainonline.com/sport/mens-sport/football/failed-rochdale-invest

Wasn't the Trust that reported it to the EFL
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 19:11]

Curran charged by FA on 19:15 - Oct 28 with 5674 viewsboromat

Curran charged by FA on 19:09 - Oct 28 by judd

EFL said it was a matter for the FA

Curran charged by FA on 19:18 - Oct 28 with 5649 viewsD_Alien

Curran charged by FA on 19:09 - Oct 28 by judd

It was the Dale Board that reported it, but god knows to which governing body, there's probably too many of them!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Curran charged by FA on 19:23 - Oct 28 with 5603 viewswozzrafc

Curran charged by FA on 19:18 - Oct 28 by D_Alien

It was the Dale Board that reported it, but god knows to which governing body, there's probably too many of them!

My guess is the EFL would refer it to the FA as they have governance over discrimination matters
Curran charged by FA on 19:44 - Oct 28 with 5480 viewsjudd

https://fanbanter.co.uk/fa-investigate-slurs-made-in-zoom-call-with-efl-over-roc

Curran charged by FA on 20:18 - Oct 28 with 5347 viewsHullDale

The fact its gone down this route, coupled with the manner in which the news was released & the multiple media outlets now reporting it, must be an absolute nightmare for a man who (until he met Alexander Jarvis) had zero online footprint.

The bigger news outlets will be picking this up now, and probably approaching Jarvis / Curran / Rose / LKC for comment in the coming days.

Have the FA lit the blue touchpaper just in time for it to go off on bonfire night?
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 20:19]
Curran charged by FA on 21:02 - Oct 28 with 5181 viewsRAFCBLUE

Well, well, well.

First of all - massive credit to Ben Rumsby of the Daily Telegraph who broke this exclusive story on the 5th August 2021 when no one else did.

That article is here:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/08/05/efl-investigating-homophobic-slu

Second of all - how good must the evidence be against Andrew Curran for the FA to charge him TWICE.

Charge 1: it is alleged that he used improper and/or abusive and/or insulting language, which is contrary to FA Rule E3.1, during a meeting in relation to Rochdale FC.

Charge 2: It is further alleged that the language constitutes an “aggravated breach”, as defined in FA Rule E3.2, as it included a reference, whether express or implied, to sexual orientation.

Now, the EFL video all of their meetings and there will be witnesses from RAFC and the EFL who will be able to give evidence of what was said.

You have to think that the FA now know that Charge 1 will be easily proven which is why they are setting up Charge 2 as an aggravated breach.

I've watched a lot of football as have many here and once the FA charge you with misconduct you are guilty - I can't think of many who have got off such a charge after being publicly charged in this way.

Now, let us remind ourselves how Alexander Jarvis laughed this off.

The Daily Telegraph article stated:
"Jarvis said he himself had been on the “heated” Zoom call and that he could not recall the alleged comments being made by Curran, adding: “I don’t think, if he did say it, that he meant it in the way that it would be perceived.”

Jarvis said he was “waiting for a call from the FA” about Rochdale’s complaint.

Jarvis then said in the Manchester Evening News on 6th August:
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/fa-probes-c

However, Mr Jarvis said the takeover deal was '100 per cent going ahead'.

He described the discussion on the Zoom call as 'heated' but said he did not recall the alleged offensive comments being made

He said: "There was a lot said at the meeting. If they were said I'm sure they weren't meant in the way that they've been interpreted."

The problem that young Jarvis and Andrew Curran have now is that they are going to be nailed for hate crime.

Once the FA have done with them the Police will follow.

Here is the CPS guidance:
https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/homophobic-biphobic-and-transphobic-hate-c

"It is essential that the CPS identifies all those cases that might properly be prosecuted as homophobic, biphobic or transphobic crimes.

All cases referred to the CPS by the police which have been identified as a homophobic, biphobic and transphobic related incident, should be flagged immediately on Compass CMS using the appropriate case monitoring codes. Similarly, if the receiving CPS lawyer perceives that the case involves an element of sexual orientation or transgender hostility, the appropriate monitoring code should be added on CMS. The current monitoring flag of "homophobic" should additionally be used for all cases involving hostility or prejudice based on sexual orientation including biphobia or hostility towards any other sexual orientation. The decision to flag can be taken at almost any stage of the process; if not already flagged by the investigating officer, it might be flagged by the reviewing prosecutor, at review stage even up to and including the trial. It is best practice to flag as soon as possible in order to ensure the correct support is made available to the victim and facilitate a proactive investigation of the evidence."

Prosecutors must adopt a proactive approach to seeking further information from the police to help them to decide if a case can be prosecuted as a homophobic, biphobic or transphobic hate crime and that there is sufficient evidence that should be presented to the court at sentence.

You've go to think about this laterally.

RAFC have witnessed a hate crime as have the EFL.

It's about to get very tricky for Andrew Curran who has very clearly demonstrated his homophobic prejudice on recording and in front of witnesses.

The more Alexander Jarvis engages the more difficult things become.

If Jarvis had not given those interviews to the Daily Telegraph and the Manchester Evening News on the 5th and 6th August then Curran would not have those pieces of evidence able to be presented against him.

Curran might not have a digital footprint but the law of the land applies to him like it does everyone else.

Thanks Alexander. We knew you'd come good for us in the end!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Curran charged by FA on 21:11 - Oct 28 with 5122 viewsjudd

Curran charged by FA on 21:02 - Oct 28 by RAFCBLUE

Well, well, well.

First of all - massive credit to Ben Rumsby of the Daily Telegraph who broke this exclusive story on the 5th August 2021 when no one else did.

That article is here:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/08/05/efl-investigating-homophobic-slu

Second of all - how good must the evidence be against Andrew Curran for the FA to charge him TWICE.

Charge 1: it is alleged that he used improper and/or abusive and/or insulting language, which is contrary to FA Rule E3.1, during a meeting in relation to Rochdale FC.

Charge 2: It is further alleged that the language constitutes an “aggravated breach”, as defined in FA Rule E3.2, as it included a reference, whether express or implied, to sexual orientation.

Now, the EFL video all of their meetings and there will be witnesses from RAFC and the EFL who will be able to give evidence of what was said.

You have to think that the FA now know that Charge 1 will be easily proven which is why they are setting up Charge 2 as an aggravated breach.

I've watched a lot of football as have many here and once the FA charge you with misconduct you are guilty - I can't think of many who have got off such a charge after being publicly charged in this way.

Now, let us remind ourselves how Alexander Jarvis laughed this off.

The Daily Telegraph article stated:
"Jarvis said he himself had been on the “heated” Zoom call and that he could not recall the alleged comments being made by Curran, adding: “I don’t think, if he did say it, that he meant it in the way that it would be perceived.”

Jarvis said he was “waiting for a call from the FA” about Rochdale’s complaint.

Jarvis then said in the Manchester Evening News on 6th August:
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/fa-probes-c

However, Mr Jarvis said the takeover deal was '100 per cent going ahead'.

He described the discussion on the Zoom call as 'heated' but said he did not recall the alleged offensive comments being made

He said: "There was a lot said at the meeting. If they were said I'm sure they weren't meant in the way that they've been interpreted."

The problem that young Jarvis and Andrew Curran have now is that they are going to be nailed for hate crime.

Once the FA have done with them the Police will follow.

Here is the CPS guidance:
https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/homophobic-biphobic-and-transphobic-hate-c

"It is essential that the CPS identifies all those cases that might properly be prosecuted as homophobic, biphobic or transphobic crimes.

All cases referred to the CPS by the police which have been identified as a homophobic, biphobic and transphobic related incident, should be flagged immediately on Compass CMS using the appropriate case monitoring codes. Similarly, if the receiving CPS lawyer perceives that the case involves an element of sexual orientation or transgender hostility, the appropriate monitoring code should be added on CMS. The current monitoring flag of "homophobic" should additionally be used for all cases involving hostility or prejudice based on sexual orientation including biphobia or hostility towards any other sexual orientation. The decision to flag can be taken at almost any stage of the process; if not already flagged by the investigating officer, it might be flagged by the reviewing prosecutor, at review stage even up to and including the trial. It is best practice to flag as soon as possible in order to ensure the correct support is made available to the victim and facilitate a proactive investigation of the evidence."

Prosecutors must adopt a proactive approach to seeking further information from the police to help them to decide if a case can be prosecuted as a homophobic, biphobic or transphobic hate crime and that there is sufficient evidence that should be presented to the court at sentence.

You've go to think about this laterally.

RAFC have witnessed a hate crime as have the EFL.

It's about to get very tricky for Andrew Curran who has very clearly demonstrated his homophobic prejudice on recording and in front of witnesses.

The more Alexander Jarvis engages the more difficult things become.

If Jarvis had not given those interviews to the Daily Telegraph and the Manchester Evening News on the 5th and 6th August then Curran would not have those pieces of evidence able to be presented against him.

Curran might not have a digital footprint but the law of the land applies to him like it does everyone else.

Thanks Alexander. We knew you'd come good for us in the end!

Add to that that the recording was not covert . The perpetrator was fully aware it was being recorded.

No entrapment here.

Has the roof fallen in or the bottom fallen out?

Curran charged by FA on 21:38 - Oct 28 with 5028 viewsRAFCBLUE

Curran charged by FA on 21:11 - Oct 28 by judd

Add to that that the recording was not covert . The perpetrator was fully aware it was being recorded.

No entrapment here.

Has the roof fallen in or the bottom fallen out?

In any trial, evidence speaks for itself.

Equally, the rules are the rules and can be found here:
https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/fa-handbook

Jarvis openly admitted that the comment had been made, just that the context was not homophobic.

The FA have charged Andrew Curran on the basis that the comment made was "an aggravated breach"

One of them is wrong.

Here are the two options:

1. Curran acquitted. FA made to look silly.
2. Curran guilty. Punishment then follows as does a likely police investigation for hate crime.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Curran charged by FA on 22:35 - Oct 28 with 4824 viewsSuddenLad

I don't think anyone believes that Curran will ever engage with the FA in respect of any allegations. He will be found guilty in absentia no doubt.

His real problems are already underway and will intensify after November 8th, when he refuses to answer the charges from the FA

I would hope that every relevant investigative agency has been digging relentlessly since his name was thrown into the ring for the possible financial shenanigans he's been involved with, along with his dubious cohorts.

I just hope he will rue the day he ever drove through our car park barrier.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 22:40]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Curran charged by FA on 23:03 - Oct 28 with 4746 viewsRAFCBLUE

Curran charged by FA on 22:35 - Oct 28 by SuddenLad

I don't think anyone believes that Curran will ever engage with the FA in respect of any allegations. He will be found guilty in absentia no doubt.

His real problems are already underway and will intensify after November 8th, when he refuses to answer the charges from the FA

I would hope that every relevant investigative agency has been digging relentlessly since his name was thrown into the ring for the possible financial shenanigans he's been involved with, along with his dubious cohorts.

I just hope he will rue the day he ever drove through our car park barrier.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 22:40]

Every investigative agency has had every reason to take a good look at Curran.

There is a lot of meat on the bones here to be feasted upon over many weeks and months.

Go back to 1 July. No one had heard of Andrew Curran and he had no digital footprint. He was a complete unknown.

Four months later he is trending on Twitter, named by the FA and appearing on the banner of Sky Sports News!

If you think about the story is isn't now about us. It's about history that links him to Swindon Town, Charlton, Southend United, John McGreal, Lee Power and many others in football and then the tainting of the EFL processes by those who would run football clubs into the ground.

It's about Matt Southall seemingly being actively involved via Morton House having been disgraced at Charlton and owing his builder a significant sum.

It's about Faical Safouane and Denise Valarie Courtnell as invisible directors of a seemingly opaque payroll services company that has vested interest in investing in football clubs.

It's about Darrell Rose, the luxury car dealer who was in then out quicker than the private number plate on Curran's Rolls Royce Cullinan.

It's about how the Rose and Curran families are inextricably linked across various ventures with no digital footprints of legitimacy.

It's about where the £1.2m came from. Not the sort of sum found down the back of the sofa!

It's about what the reasons were for the purchase. Asset stripping perhaps?

Everything comes back to two people very close to the North West:
(1) Alexander Jarvis and
(2) David Bottomley

Both persuaded Andrew Curran to invest in the club. He came up and met people and put £1m on the table.

Jarvis and Bottomley have made an invisible man visible.

Curran told us here:
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/businessman

"Furthermore, we have paid in excess of £1 million to date in consideration for shares, due diligence and legal costs."

Alexander Jarvis and his leaks have meant that everything is out there. Jarvis' cavalier approach to facts has meant that:

* Curran is on various CCTV and recordings for various meetings
* Curran / Morton House are charged by the EFL for breaking rules
* Curran is charged by the FA with misconduct

I'll wager that Curran will be sought by the Police to be interviewed regarding this hate crime.

Questions for Kelly Curran too - Essex WAGs talk and Andrew Curran is now going to mean that Kelly Curran is married to an apparant homophobe.

It's Puggles and Jingles I feel the sorriest for. They can't move out but I bet they would.

All thanks and credit to Bottomley and Jarvis.

Curran will be reflecting on getting involved with Jarvis and Bottomley. It has caused him a lot of grief.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024