Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hiltons Pies 22:30 - Nov 14 with 7627 viewsR17ALE

There was a thread on here a while ago about these. Someone said they're still available in Norden.

I was passing through last week and spotted Hilton's bakery. Called in and bought a few pies made by Len's lad.

Took me back to the 80s they did. Magnificent. They are roughly opposite the Brown Cow pub and it's an old fashioned shop. Cash only!

The staff are all pro-Dale. I'd urge everyone to call in.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Hiltons Pies on 22:37 - Nov 14 with 6281 viewsDalenet

They have been in Norden for at least 20 years that I can remember. Not changed
Hiltons Pies on 06:20 - Nov 15 with 6102 viewspioneer

Hiltons Pies....a national treasure
Hiltons Pies on 08:16 - Nov 15 with 6000 viewsD_Alien

Hiltons Pies on 06:20 - Nov 15 by pioneer

Hiltons Pies....a national treasure

Sounds about right, pie on ear

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hiltons Pies on 10:22 - Nov 15 with 5839 viewsBillyRudd

Hiltons Pies on 22:37 - Nov 14 by Dalenet

They have been in Norden for at least 20 years that I can remember. Not changed

20 years? Your nobbut a young lad!!!
Up the Dale
Hiltons Pies on 15:16 - Nov 15 with 5597 viewsWalboro

Yes meat pies are about £1.20 bought some on a Friday and brought them to the Dale on Saturday brought back memories. Also fresh Vanilla Slices 60p bargain an old worldy shop which will not change.
Hiltons Pies on 18:45 - Nov 15 with 5387 viewsCleedale

...and just in case you've forgotten what they look like...

https://britishpieassociation.org/2017/06/26/hilton-bakery-norden/
Hiltons Pies on 18:53 - Nov 15 with 5376 viewspioneer

Hiltons Pies on 18:45 - Nov 15 by Cleedale

...and just in case you've forgotten what they look like...

https://britishpieassociation.org/2017/06/26/hilton-bakery-norden/

And here am I thinking BPA meant Bradford Park Avenue
Hiltons Pies on 20:35 - Nov 15 with 5219 viewsR17ALE

I've tried them now and can confirm they're just like they were at Spotland decades ago! Delicious.

Login to get fewer ads

Hiltons Pies on 21:40 - Nov 15 with 5110 views100569

On the subject of food. Can somebody remind me of the location/shop that sells the rag puddings recommended on here.
Hiltons Pies on 21:45 - Nov 15 with 5098 viewsSuddenLad

Hiltons Pies on 21:40 - Nov 15 by 100569

On the subject of food. Can somebody remind me of the location/shop that sells the rag puddings recommended on here.

Jacksons rag puddings available by post if so required.

http://www.ragpuddings.co.uk/shops/shop-jacksons/

They operate out of Harbour Lane at Milnrow, so you can collect if you wish.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2021 21:47]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hiltons Pies on 21:46 - Nov 15 with 5089 views100569

Hiltons Pies on 20:35 - Nov 15 by R17ALE

I've tried them now and can confirm they're just like they were at Spotland decades ago! Delicious.

Thanks R17 will have to try them. I love a good vanilla slice as well !
Hiltons Pies on 21:55 - Nov 15 with 5058 views100569

Hiltons Pies on 21:45 - Nov 15 by SuddenLad

Thanks SL.
Hiltons Pies on 22:19 - Nov 15 with 5001 viewsR17ALE

You can buy them at Chadwicks Butchers on Spotland Road, on the corner of Chaseley Road.

Another old fashioned shop who are pro-Dale. And who sell Barnsley chops!

Hiltons Pies on 22:30 - Nov 15 with 4974 viewsTVOS1907

Hiltons Pies on 22:19 - Nov 15 by R17ALE

You can buy them at Chadwicks Butchers on Spotland Road, on the corner of Chaseley Road.

Another old fashioned shop who are pro-Dale. And who sell Barnsley chops!

And if there isn't a queue next door, you can get a haircut.

If you've got any to cut, that is.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Hiltons Pies on 05:20 - Nov 16 with 4819 viewsNigeriamark

When I was a kid there was one in approximately the same location called Magnall's I think. I wonder if Hilton's took them over. Also down the hill towards tthe bus terminus was Holts who also owned the chippy in those days ( when it was a small hut ). We weren't short of good pie shops in those days
Hiltons Pies on 07:05 - Nov 16 with 4771 viewsEllDale

I think that Hilton’s bakery itself though was at Deeplish, just off Ashfield Road?
Hiltons Pies on 08:02 - Nov 16 with 4722 viewsAussieDale

Hiltons Pies on 21:45 - Nov 15 by SuddenLad

Memories eh. The address used to be my late dads repetition engineering business K & C from about 1950 to the early 90’s. Knowing how the place functioned in the 60’s and 70’s it’s amazing to think what is now manufactured there, and not only that, but apparently it’s of good quality.
Hiltons Pies on 08:40 - Nov 16 with 4680 viewsjoecooke

https://www.dhlees.co.uk/product/rag-puddings-made-with-diced-skirts/

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Hiltons Pies on 10:22 - Nov 16 with 4615 viewsBillyRudd

Hiltons Pies on 05:20 - Nov 16 by Nigeriamark

When I was a kid there was one in approximately the same location called Magnall's I think. I wonder if Hilton's took them over. Also down the hill towards tthe bus terminus was Holts who also owned the chippy in those days ( when it was a small hut ). We weren't short of good pie shops in those days

The name Magnalls rings a bell with me but I can,t remember its location! The shop you mention was Harry ? Holts, they did a very tasty corn beef and piccallili bap back in the day which I have never been able to replicate. The chippy was owned by his brother Peter. Did,nt the wooden hut chippy get destroyed by a bus rolling down from the terminus or is my memory playing tricks again?
Up the Dale
Hiltons Pies on 10:30 - Nov 16 with 4598 viewsNigeriamark

Hiltons Pies on 10:22 - Nov 16 by BillyRudd

The name Magnalls rings a bell with me but I can,t remember its location! The shop you mention was Harry ? Holts, they did a very tasty corn beef and piccallili bap back in the day which I have never been able to replicate. The chippy was owned by his brother Peter. Did,nt the wooden hut chippy get destroyed by a bus rolling down from the terminus or is my memory playing tricks again?
Up the Dale

You are correct. The bus driver left his handbrake off ( or it slipped off itself) & went into the chippy. The terminus is on a slope& the bus rolled into it & destroyed it. I can just imagine the look on the drivers face !!! It was rebuilt into the big 2 story building that is there now
Hiltons Pies on 10:31 - Nov 16 with 4598 viewsDalenet

My memory may be playing tricks, but I am sure I was made to walk miles with my mum to Spotland Road (where the Falinge flats are now) to the pie shop. Wasn't that Hiltons?
Hiltons Pies on 10:33 - Nov 16 with 4595 viewsdiver

Hiltons Pies on 10:22 - Nov 16 by BillyRudd

Up the Dale

I think Magnalls shop became a video shop for a while before it became Indian restaurant.I stand to be corrected on this
Hiltons Pies on 10:36 - Nov 16 with 4585 viewsSuddenLad

There was Hiltons bakery/pie shop on Spotland Road, just below the junction with Hudson Street, and two shops further down than Duckworths grocers.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hiltons Pies on 10:11 - Nov 18 with 4096 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

It is time the club went back to selling Hilton's pies. My sister and brother-in-law both bought what was purported to be cheese and onion pie, at the Leyton Orient game. The filling was dark brown and looked closer to sea lamprey, both in taste and appearance, than cheese and no onion in sight. The franchise, if that's what it is, that runs the food kiosks should be dropped and local suppliers brought in. They were good enough for decades and won awards for the quality. Joe Ashworth's dad would have been disgusted had he been around to see what they now serve up. When you add on the inflated prices (100%+) when compared to chippy prices. Aren't we supposed to be aiming for zero carbon? Crown Oil is another subject!
Hiltons Pies on 11:41 - Nov 18 with 3991 viewsDalenet

Hiltons Pies on 10:11 - Nov 18 by RooleyMoorBlue

It is time the club went back to selling Hilton's pies. My sister and brother-in-law both bought what was purported to be cheese and onion pie, at the Leyton Orient game. The filling was dark brown and looked closer to sea lamprey, both in taste and appearance, than cheese and no onion in sight. The franchise, if that's what it is, that runs the food kiosks should be dropped and local suppliers brought in. They were good enough for decades and won awards for the quality. Joe Ashworth's dad would have been disgusted had he been around to see what they now serve up. When you add on the inflated prices (100%+) when compared to chippy prices. Aren't we supposed to be aiming for zero carbon? Crown Oil is another subject!

But there isn't a franchise in play now. A Rochdale company now run the kiosks and hospitality food and the pie are made in Milnrow.

Hiltons is a small family run shop in Norden. It isn't a full sized bakery business anymore. I would doubt very much that they have the capacity to be able to produce 1000 pies for a game. The Board said they had tasted lots of pies ahead of choosing the current supplier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024