Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remind me who said that Reading FC were a club we should strive to emulate..... 20:30 - Nov 17 with 2156 viewsRAFCBLUE

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2021/november/17/club-statement---efl-confirm-p

Because they have been done today for overspending by £18.8m over the last four years and breaching the financial rules of the EFL.

League 1 is very likely to have Derby and Reading in it next season.

About time the EFL got a grip of all of this financial doping.

Pay your bills and live within your means

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Remind me who said that Reading FC were a club we should strive to emulate..... on 20:46 - Nov 17 with 2084 viewsJames1980

'Look at The Jones's now they are a family we should be emulating. They have a swimming pool, bowling alley and cinema in the basement. The go on 4 foreign holidays a year first class. Their kids are in private school and they eat foie gras 3 times a week'

'I see the Jones's house is being repossessed and that brand new car of their's has been loaded onto a tow truck'

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Remind me who said that Reading FC were a club we should strive to emulate..... on 20:48 - Nov 17 with 2078 viewsD_Alien

Derby almost certainly heading for L1 with their further points deduction, leaving a gap of 18 points to safety which their form would suggest is insurmountable

Reading on the other hand, still look as if they'll have enough of a margin following their 6 point deduction to keep their current status, providing they maintain their current form

So their penalty should've been more severe, but it also depends on how culpable of financial foul play the teams around them are

I dunno the answer to your rhetorical question...

[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 20:49]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Remind me who said that Reading FC were a club we should strive to emulate..... on 20:52 - Nov 17 with 2060 viewsjudd

It was that prick David Bottomley. During that AGM presentation it was discovered that Reading lost £70 million in the 2 seasons Dale shareholders were discussing.

He also cited Fleetwood.

Doh!

Summat fishy.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Remind me who said that Reading FC were a club we should strive to emulate..... on 22:16 - Nov 17 with 1850 viewsR17ALE

Remind me who said that Reading FC were a club we should strive to emulate..... on 20:52 - Nov 17 by judd

It was that prick David Bottomley. During that AGM presentation it was discovered that Reading lost £70 million in the 2 seasons Dale shareholders were discussing.

He also cited Fleetwood.

Doh!

Summat fishy.

That presentation on June 1st will go down in club history as the ramblings of a deluded man who didn't have a clue how to sell his ambition.

Like others, I sat there open-mouthed in bewilderment at the nonsense we were being fed.

A grown up man spouting total crap in public is uncomfortable to watch. You want to lead him to a clinic for the unstable, but dare not as it's a meeting.

What was worse, is that he believed his shit and a few others in the room did too.

They know who they are, and they need to come clean and disengage from the Bottomley disaster that nearly cost us our club.

And the fans know who they are too.

Unbelievable really!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Remind me who said that Reading FC were a club we should strive to emulate..... on 22:37 - Nov 17 with 1784 viewsRAFCBLUE

Remind me who said that Reading FC were a club we should strive to emulate..... on 20:52 - Nov 17 by judd

He also cited Fleetwood.

Doh!

Summat fishy.

From memory of the evening the three clubs were Reading, Doncaster and Fleetwood.

Post 1st June:

1. Reading deducted 6 points for massively breaching the financial rules.

2. Fleetwood's Andy Pilley appears in court on charges of fraud and money laundering:
https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/fleetwood-town-boss-andy-pilley-de

3. We are subject to a hostile takeover from a payroll company no one had heard of and the Scouse Disaster, Alexander Jarvis.

You've got to fear for Doncaster based on that track record.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Remind me who said that Reading FC were a club we should strive to emulate..... on 22:43 - Nov 17 with 1761 views49thseason

Remind me who said that Reading FC were a club we should strive to emulate..... on 22:37 - Nov 17 by RAFCBLUE

From memory of the evening the three clubs were Reading, Doncaster and Fleetwood.

Post 1st June:

1. Reading deducted 6 points for massively breaching the financial rules.

2. Fleetwood's Andy Pilley appears in court on charges of fraud and money laundering:
https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/fleetwood-town-boss-andy-pilley-de

3. We are subject to a hostile takeover from a payroll company no one had heard of and the Scouse Disaster, Alexander Jarvis.

You've got to fear for Doncaster based on that track record.

Are Doncaster still sponsored by One Call Insurance, featuring a Rose as a Director?
The One Call Chairman was involved in misappropriation of about £17m of insurance premiums and fined about £600k from memory he is involved with Mansfield Town via his wife who I think is the Chairman.
Remind me who said that Reading FC were a club we should strive to emulate..... on 23:16 - Nov 17 with 1666 viewsRAFCBLUE

Remind me who said that Reading FC were a club we should strive to emulate..... on 22:43 - Nov 17 by 49thseason

Are Doncaster still sponsored by One Call Insurance, featuring a Rose as a Director?
The One Call Chairman was involved in misappropriation of about £17m of insurance premiums and fined about £600k from memory he is involved with Mansfield Town via his wife who I think is the Chairman.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/doncaster-insurance-broker-one-call-and-boss-john

Yes.

John Radford is the man concerned.

Mr Radford - who is also owner of Mansfield Town football club - was fined £468,600 after the FCA decided he ‘is not fit and proper to have any responsibility for client money or insurer money’... ‘on the basis of his lack of competence to perform such functions’.

John Radford employs Darrell Rose's son - Oliver Paul Rose - who has worked for him for a number of years.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC434864/offi

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04693136/offi

Darrell Rose and John Radford are neighbours in Barmby Moor, Retford.

Small world when you get going.

Remind me who said that Reading FC were a club we should strive to emulate..... on 23:29 - Nov 17 with 1631 viewsRAFCBLUE

Remind me who said that Reading FC were a club we should strive to emulate..... on 20:48 - Nov 17 by D_Alien

Derby almost certainly heading for L1 with their further points deduction, leaving a gap of 18 points to safety which their form would suggest is insurmountable

Reading on the other hand, still look as if they'll have enough of a margin following their 6 point deduction to keep their current status, providing they maintain their current form

So their penalty should've been more severe, but it also depends on how culpable of financial foul play the teams around them are

I dunno the answer to your rhetorical question...

[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 20:49]

The EFL have gone up in my estimation this Summer given what they have done vs Morton House - disciplinary proceedings launched in August which made Morton House run away. Those disciplinary proceedings are yet to concluded.

Now the EFL have turned up this. They have cut through Derby County (Tuesday) and then Reading (Wednesday) with those clubs 15 and 3 points from safety respectively after the penalties are applied.

It's the scale of the cheating that gets me. We are not talking a few £'s here or there but millions of pounds overspent and incorrectly accounted over many years.

If 2 of the 24 Championship clubs are cheating on this scale then how many others are doing the same, all chasing the magic money of the Premier League?

Login to get fewer ads

Remind me who said that Reading FC were a club we should strive to emulate..... on 23:49 - Nov 17 with 1611 viewsSandyman

Yes, it was David Bottomley who made that absurd presentation that convinced nobody. Is this the same presentation that Alexander Jarvis was sent, to entice shareholders to sell to his clients? Says a lot about him and his knowledge of football that he fell for it and used it as "patter", believed someone as deluded as Bottomley, and FAILED in his mission to gain control of our club.

It's a good job these clowns didn't have a clue what they were doing or we might have been in a spot of bother.
Remind me who said that Reading FC were a club we should strive to emulate..... on 11:48 - Nov 19 with 1188 viewsBucketBstard

Yess Razz, it was an astounding list of potential failures that The BOTT came up with and I agree with your assessment of help , but this could also apply to the moron of a manager he employed , and extended his contract .
I would say the same to BucketBstardMurphy
" A grown up man spouting total crap in public is uncomfortable to watch. You want to lead him to a clinic for the unstable"

"What was worse, is that he believed his shit and a few others in the room did too."
We are well shut of these two imbeciles and I am proud of the fight that many of you on here and the trust as a whole have done to keep RAFC going.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024