Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc 22:10 - Dec 29 with 21678 viewsRAFCBLUE

Sahara (noun) - a desert in North Africa, extending from the Atlantic to the Red Sea and from the Mediterranean to central Mali, Niger, Chad, and Sudan: the largest desert in the world, occupying over a quarter of Africa;

Climate changes around the world are beginning to have a huge economic impact.

Tomorrow it is 140 days since Alexander Jarvis put out a statement on behalf of his client Mr Andrew Kirk Curran in the Manchester Evening News that had bravely claimed:
"Furthermore, we have paid in excess of £1 million to date in consideration for shares, due diligence and legal costs."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/businessman

In doing so Curran was confirmed as in for over £1m on 12th August 2021 all managed by the Scouse Disaster that is Alexander Jarvis.

Immediately after reading that article, on 16th August, the EFL charged Morton House with disciplinary proceedings. The EFL have these things called "rules" and the MEN article stated that the EFL "rules" had been broken.

It is alleged that Morton House MGT acquired Control of the Club, and a number of individuals became Relevant Persons without the prior consent of the EFL in accordance with the Owners’ and Directors’ Test (OADT).

The EFL’s objective was to gather additional evidence as it continued to investigate whether the Club, any Official, any Relevant Person(s) and/or any Persons wishing to acquire Control of the Club complied with the requirements of the OADT and whether any Relevant Person(s) are subject to a Disqualifying Condition.

Having considered the request for information made of them, Morton House MGT, on behalf of its directors, and representatives, has now informed the League that it is formally withdrawing from the approval process and plans to divest the shares acquired in the Club at the earliest opportunity.

Furthermore, Morton House MGT, its directors, and representatives, have confirmed to the League they are refusing to co-operate with the League’s ongoing investigations. Despite these developments, the EFL will be continuing with its disciplinary investigations into this matter and will take the most appropriate action available to it under its Regulations."

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/august/efl-statement-rochdale-afc2/

Note: Curran still in for over £1m on 16th August 2021.

On 17th September 2021, Ben Ransom (Sky Sports) noted that Southall had agreed to buy 25% from Curran.

https://the72.co.uk/250534/former-charlton-athletic-chairman-matt-southall-agree

Note: Curran still in for £1m on 17th September 2021.

Now - what everyone in this pantomime had forgotten, including all of these parties, is that they had been seen, together at Spotland on the afternoon of 29th April 2021. Curran, Jarvis and Southall ALL visit Rochdale as a team for the same meeting.

Here is the crux:

8 months ago today - on 29th April 2021 - the three main characters were all seen, in Rochdale at the same place and at the same time. That April 2021 meeting was 105 days BEFORE Jarvis decided to read Mr Curran's statement to the Manchester Evening News.

What are the statistical changes of that happening?!

Fat Pat keeps a diligent notebook from behind the net curtains of her 2 up 2 down which doubles as the Wilbutts Lane Chippy. She saw them VERY clearly as many others who live and work around Spotland did.

Thank Christ the former CEO was SO security conscious and his car park barrier and ensuring the CCTV was turned on. Car park barriers stop cars and if you are driving from Worsley or Essex you need a car.

Andy Curran is not a happy bunny about all of these developments and his Christmas break has been disturbed by phone calls which have been going in and out of Worsley like an errant minor Instragram "influencer" taking lavish trips with her family to Dubai, Euro Disney and the Ski Slopes of the French and Swiss Alps (Covid-19 permitting).

When Andy lends someone £1m, he wants a return on that money and he always wants his money back.

Andy didn't drive up from Essex to attend that April meeting with Jarvis and Southall to lose £1m. Andy is very old fashioned. Borrow money from him, pay it back and if you do that then there is no need to resort to the boxing ring.

Unfortunately Southall is now feeling the pressure over quickly repaying that £1m more than the CSA knocking on asking if he will pay for Arabella but regrettably has no cash to do so.

The last thing he wants is not to be on Andy's happy list but the money has changed hands and some of the recipients have had not one, but TWO Caribbean holidays since August.

Would you believe, Matthew is on the verge of PULLING OUT and doing a runner and handing the baton back to the errant but keen Alexander Jarvis. Jarvis has even less brass to rub together than Southall.

We've always been a caring lot at Rochdale.

What we can say is that, we have noticed considerable disharmony in the Curran/Jarvis/Southall camp over the last 8 months and noted the influential players having a negative influence on other players.

Its now reaching the point where the Curran, Jarvis and and Southall might need to get some independent observations on how they could improve harmony within their team.

It is almost like they need a proven approach to successful team building and motivation and someone, anyone who could assist and support Matthew, Andy and Alexander by identifying and resolving the important psychological barriers some of the participants appeared burdened with from our lengthy observations.

The focal point all the way would be to ignite team and individuals morale whilst supporting Andy Curran to work out how Matthew Southall can ever pay him £1m back.

In these modern time and through strategic behavioural modelling tools that create winners anything could be possible.

Matthew, your last hope is here. Give these guys a ring (link below) and they can really help you resolve your issues with Andy.

PLEASE DO NOT CLICK IF YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY COMMITTED TO RESOLVING WITH ANDY CURRAN AND PAYING HIM BACK HIS £1m:
https://tinyurl.com/adaz7hm5

[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 22:18]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 23:29 - Dec 29 with 12172 viewsTomRAFC

Ah, my old friends the Speakmans! Or "TV tits and teeth", as they were to be known. As a qualified therapist, they were without doubt two of my favourite charlatans. That was until they appeared within a sniff of my club.

I did make some notes during my chinwag with the ever loquacious Mr Bottomley, standard practice. They were the main topic, not the only topic, mind you...
[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 23:30]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 11:04 - Dec 30 with 11708 viewsRAFCBLUE

To be honest the best thing that Southall can do now is damage limitate.

The best activity for that would be to walk away, as Martin Halsall did before him. Halsall walked away without all of the adverse publicity and future brand damage that flogging a dead horse would bring.

Southall has a wife and kids and will want to build a life either in football or elsewhere. If he does, pursuing Rochdale is going to be a drain on his time, his energy and his limited money.

In 2 or 3 years when the little ones are able to use the internet and can Google Daddy's Charlton experience and his rhetoric towards our club that, in all frankness is that he is completely unwelcome.

All it takes is a public statement from him, probably in the Manchester Evening News given that has been the mouthpiece of Jarvis/Curran/Southall awaits throughout to say "deal not progressing" or similar.

I doubt that will come and we have to remember that that EFL are still investigating.

Given his presence at Spotland, alongside Curran and Jarvis in April 2021 Southall can't claim that he is an "unknown" to the situation.

He was there, front and centre and may have been/will be charged with disciplinary offences by the EFL accordingly.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 11:27 - Dec 30 with 11643 viewsEd_Ingley

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 11:04 - Dec 30 by RAFCBLUE

To be honest the best thing that Southall can do now is damage limitate.

The best activity for that would be to walk away, as Martin Halsall did before him. Halsall walked away without all of the adverse publicity and future brand damage that flogging a dead horse would bring.

Southall has a wife and kids and will want to build a life either in football or elsewhere. If he does, pursuing Rochdale is going to be a drain on his time, his energy and his limited money.

In 2 or 3 years when the little ones are able to use the internet and can Google Daddy's Charlton experience and his rhetoric towards our club that, in all frankness is that he is completely unwelcome.

All it takes is a public statement from him, probably in the Manchester Evening News given that has been the mouthpiece of Jarvis/Curran/Southall awaits throughout to say "deal not progressing" or similar.

I doubt that will come and we have to remember that that EFL are still investigating.

Given his presence at Spotland, alongside Curran and Jarvis in April 2021 Southall can't claim that he is an "unknown" to the situation.

He was there, front and centre and may have been/will be charged with disciplinary offences by the EFL accordingly.

But darling Mandy informed us that Southall had been approved by the EFL as a Director of RAFC on 30th November 2021.

If that is the case - and we have no reason whatsoever to disbelieve the lass - I very much look forward to the EGM to remove him.
MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 11:33 - Dec 30 with 11628 viewsRAFCBLUE

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 11:27 - Dec 30 by Ed_Ingley

But darling Mandy informed us that Southall had been approved by the EFL as a Director of RAFC on 30th November 2021.

If that is the case - and we have no reason whatsoever to disbelieve the lass - I very much look forward to the EGM to remove him.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00111019

That claim, like all of the utterances of Mandy is complete b*ll*cks.

Companies House is the only authority on corporate appointments.

They've not heard from him!

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 11:40 - Dec 30 with 11610 viewsEd_Ingley

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 11:33 - Dec 30 by RAFCBLUE

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00111019

That claim, like all of the utterances of Mandy is complete b*ll*cks.

Companies House is the only authority on corporate appointments.

They've not heard from him!

Do you mean Mandy was trying to trick us?

Well I never....
MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 11:40 - Dec 30 with 11603 viewsDorkingDale

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 11:27 - Dec 30 by Ed_Ingley

That thread seems to have disappeared, but I believe that lovely Mandy actually claimed that Southall received fit & proper person approval on 30th November. I don't recall that Director status was mentioned.
MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 11:51 - Dec 30 with 11568 viewsRAFCBLUE

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 11:40 - Dec 30 by DorkingDale

That thread seems to have disappeared, but I believe that lovely Mandy actually claimed that Southall received fit & proper person approval on 30th November. I don't recall that Director status was mentioned.

Mandy must have an inside line to the EFL that us mere mortals don't.

Or just be talking sh*the.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53449265.amp

Interestingly, Simon Stone of the BBC noted in 2020 that Southall had "unlawfully" changed the status of Directors of another company.

"Unlawfully"

Matthew Southall behaved "unlawfully"

He or Mandy should get onto Simon Stone at the BBC about taking that article down if it is untrue.

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 12:04 - Dec 30 with 11529 viewsjudd

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 11:40 - Dec 30 by DorkingDale

If I may interject:

"What Im failing to understand, is if Southall is as bad as you say he is, why on the 30 November 2021 did the EFL approve his Owners and Directors declaration to become a Director of RAFC?
Why don't you check that fact with Gauge who's kept that awfully quiet."

It is in a separate thread (still) "MORTON HOUSE / Who is looking forward to catching up with Matthew Southall?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 13:32 - Dec 30 with 11362 viewsDorkingDale

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 12:04 - Dec 30 by judd

If I may interject:

"What Im failing to understand, is if Southall is as bad as you say he is, why on the 30 November 2021 did the EFL approve his Owners and Directors declaration to become a Director of RAFC?
Why don't you check that fact with Gauge who's kept that awfully quiet."

It is in a separate thread (still) "MORTON HOUSE / Who is looking forward to catching up with Matthew Southall?

Thanks Judd. I was looking for Mandy's thread about Simon Guage's company.

Don't the board have to approve the appointment of a director if he's not a majority shareholder anyway?
MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 13:58 - Dec 30 with 11281 viewsjudd

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 13:32 - Dec 30 by DorkingDale

Thanks Judd. I was looking for Mandy's thread about Simon Guage's company.

Don't the board have to approve the appointment of a director if he's not a majority shareholder anyway?

That thread has been deleted.

As I understand it the articles allow for directors to be appointed by the board and they resign and offer themselves up for election at the next AGM. However, those articles do not take into account EFL fit and proper requirements.

Poll: What is it to be then?

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 23:29 - Dec 30 with 10886 viewsDorkingDale

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 13:58 - Dec 30 by judd

That thread has been deleted.

As I understand it the articles allow for directors to be appointed by the board and they resign and offer themselves up for election at the next AGM. However, those articles do not take into account EFL fit and proper requirements.

Thanks for clarification Judd.
MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 10:02 - Jan 2 with 10318 viewsQuigley_dale

Sorry to pull you on this one - considering all the amazing investigational work you've done on behalf of our club and fans.

But, as geography buff I can't let this slide...the Sahara (which is the Arabic word for desert) is the 2nd largest desert on earth, the continent of Antarctica being the biggest.
MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 14:45 - Jan 3 with 9960 viewsRAFCBLUE

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 10:02 - Jan 2 by Quigley_dale

Sorry to pull you on this one - considering all the amazing investigational work you've done on behalf of our club and fans.

But, as geography buff I can't let this slide...the Sahara (which is the Arabic word for desert) is the 2nd largest desert on earth, the continent of Antarctica being the biggest.

Geography is definitely not a strength.

I'd struggle to tell Worsley apart from Walkden if pressed even though they are only a couple of miles apart on the map.

Thank god for sat-navs!

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 17:29 - Jan 3 with 9745 viewsBrierls

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 14:45 - Jan 3 by RAFCBLUE

Geography is definitely not a strength.

I'd struggle to tell Worsley apart from Walkden if pressed even though they are only a couple of miles apart on the map.

Thank god for sat-navs!

Telling Worsley and Walkden apart? Easy…just half the property value.

Matt Southall doesn’t have the means to afford a property in either area. The shyster.
MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 17:47 - Jan 3 with 9700 viewsRAFCBLUE

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 17:29 - Jan 3 by Brierls

Telling Worsley and Walkden apart? Easy…just half the property value.

Matt Southall doesn’t have the means to afford a property in either area. The shyster.

Alas, property ownership is currently beyond Matthew Southall.

His partner Jade Katy McManus (who works as an Instagrammer) is the breadwinner and property owner - as shown up in the case vs Optimus Build where a lot of money is owed to the builder.

Optimus Build Ltd vs Southall and Another
https://www.casemine.com/judgement/uk/5fd866ca2c94e03ac6098c80

This is the Land Registry title for the property in question - 264 Leigh Road, Worsley, M28 1LF:
https://ibb.co/j6xQrbx

You can see that Optimus Build Limited are names as a charge on the title so their permission is needed for the house to be sold. This is to ensure they receive the money they are owed.

What's interesting about that Land Registry title is that the 264 Leigh Road property is stated at a value of £900,000!

Yet, on Rightmove it has only ever sold twice - once in 2008 for £400,000 and once in 2017 for £370,000

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=112550111&

That Land Registry title is dated 6 November 2021 so £900,000 is quite a valuation to go on the property.

Looking at Rightmove again in the last 5 years there have only been two completions on the road:

254 Leigh Road sold for £625,000
260 Leigh Road sold for £602,000

I'm not good with numbers Briels, but 264 Leigh Road is valued nearly £300,000 higher than comparable houses.

How can that be?

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 18:21 - Jan 3 with 9629 viewsBrierls

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 17:47 - Jan 3 by RAFCBLUE

His partner Jade Katy McManus (who works as an Instagrammer) is the breadwinner and property owner - as shown up in the case vs Optimus Build where a lot of money is owed to the builder.

This is the Land Registry title for the property in question - 264 Leigh Road, Worsley, M28 1LF:

You can see that Optimus Build Limited are names as a charge on the title so their permission is needed for the house to be sold. This is to ensure they receive the money they are owed.

What's interesting about that Land Registry title is that the 264 Leigh Road property is stated at a value of £900,000!

Yet, on Rightmove it has only ever sold twice - once in 2008 for £400,000 and once in 2017 for £370,000

That Land Registry title is dated 6 November 2021 so £900,000 is quite a valuation to go on the property.

Looking at Rightmove again in the last 5 years there have only been two completions on the road:

I'm not good with numbers Briels, but 264 Leigh Road is valued nearly £300,000 higher than comparable houses.

How can that be?

I’m not sure but my mortgage lender wouldn’t have let me borrow £300K more than the value of my property, that’s for sure.

But ‘Ms McManus’ isn’t dealing with The Halifax.
MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 18:25 - Jan 3 with 9612 viewsRAFCBLUE

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 18:21 - Jan 3 by Brierls

I’m not sure but my mortgage lender wouldn’t have let me borrow £300K more than the value of my property, that’s for sure.

But ‘Ms McManus’ isn’t dealing with The Halifax.

Maybe she had a word with Howard and he gave her a little "extra".

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 23:17 - Jan 3 with 9249 viewsnordenblue

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 17:47 - Jan 3 by RAFCBLUE

How can that be?

The properties on Leigh Road are massively different in size,shape and as a result in value so a difference in 2/3/400k is very much a possibility, even with a value of £900k for one depending on positioning its still very "cheap".

There's a house currently on the market only a few hundred yards from Leigh Road for £4.5m as an example of £900k being "cheap" for that area
[Post edited 3 Jan 2022 23:21]
MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 08:55 - Jan 4 with 9058 viewsDorkingDale

How can that be?

Presumably the work that Optimus did on the property accounts for the increase in value. The plastic queen is very keen on showing off every detail & it looks as if it might have been a complete rebuild. I'm sure that they would've received planning permission - they're obviously keen on following the letter of the law - so it will be documented by the local authority.
MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 09:48 - Jan 4 with 8966 viewsDorkingDale

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 08:55 - Jan 4 by DorkingDale

Presumably the work that Optimus did on the property accounts for the increase in value. The plastic queen is very keen on showing off every detail & it looks as if it might have been a complete rebuild. I'm sure that they would've received planning permission - they're obviously keen on following the letter of the law - so it will be documented by the local authority.

So, if Together Personal Finance stumped up a large part of £900k for the mortgage & they only paid £370k for the old property, where did approx £500K go? Obviously not all to Optimus Build......do we know how much they are owed?
MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 10:59 - Jan 4 with 8823 viewsJames1980

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 08:55 - Jan 4 by DorkingDale

https://publicaccess.salford.gov.uk/publicaccess/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=OZ

Demolition of existing garage, two storey front extension including porch, alterations to the front elevation including hipped to gable end, erection of gate and brick wall to the front boundary of the property.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 11:37 - Jan 4 with 8731 viewsnordenblue

The most recent planning permission appears to be 2017

https://publicaccess.salford.gov.uk/publicaccess/simpleSearchResults.do?action=f
MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 22:03 - Jan 4 with 8340 viewsRAFCBLUE

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 09:48 - Jan 4 by DorkingDale

So, if Together Personal Finance stumped up a large part of £900k for the mortgage & they only paid £370k for the old property, where did approx £500K go? Obviously not all to Optimus Build......do we know how much they are owed?

CONTENT PUBLISHED WITH PERMISSION FROM AND GREAT THANKS TO OUR GOOD FRIENDS AT CHARLTON ATHLETIC

The Charlton Dossier, which includes Matthew Southall can be found here: https://thecharltondossier.com/

The corporate filing history of East Street Investments Limited (registered company 12312818) can be found here:
Page 1: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12312818/fili
Page 2: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12312818/fili

* On 28 October 2019, finance was raised on 264 Leigh Road, Worsley from Together Personal Finance Limited. The valuation of the property is stated to be £900,000

* On 13 November 2019, JMW Solicitors LLP incorporated a company. The lead solicitor was Michael Blood.

[b/* On 29 November 2019, the Daily Mail reported that Roland Duchalet had agreed a deal to sell Charlton Athletic to East Street Investments Limited.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7738207/Despised-Charlton-own

* On 2 January 2020, Matthew Southall was pronouned as a "person of significant control" of ESI.

* On 2 January 2020, Matthew Southall passed resolutions that converted his one £1 share into a "B" share. The resolutions agreed creation of priority "A" shares at a future point.

* On 2 January 2020, ESI created 65 "A" shares and 34 further "B" shares. The "A" shares were acquired by Tahnoon Nimer and the "B" shares were owned by Matthew Southall.

At this point both Panorama Magic General Contracting L.L.C (Tahnoon Nimer's vehicle) and Matthew Southall were named as person of significant control as they had above the EFL levels of ownership under the relevant EFL tests.

ESI bought the Addicks from Roland Duchatelet for £1 in January, with an agreement to purchase the training ground and the Valley for £50million at some point, but the takeover had not been approved by the EFL, which placed the club under a transfer embargo.

According to the Charlton Dossier:
He (Southall) initially appeared in front of Charlton fans as the most visible member of ESI. Thanks in part to the artfully created initial statement from ESI, he was warmly welcomed by fans, even as details emerged of his past which looked less than encouraging. They included involvement in failed bids for Bolton and Aston Villa, and unsuccessful business launches, including as an agent. The first real red flag came when he prevaricated over whether and how The Valley and training ground were included in ESI’s deal with Duchatelet; and another at the end of the transfer window, when his high profile antics produced nothing more than a few underwhelming loans — because, unbeknown to fans, Charlton were already under a transfer embargo. As rumours gathered pace, early in March Nimer suddenly took to social media to attack Southall’s behaviour and throw into doubt his own “investment” in the club. Lavish spending on a fleet of Range Rovers and a luxury riverside apartment were revealed. Chris Farnell suddenly appeared as Nimer’s lawyer, whereupon digging by fans quickly uncovered Farnell’s previous relationships with Southall. On March 12, Southall along with Jonathan Heller and Finance Director Sean McHugh were served with a suspension order, in a dramatic evening stand-off in the Valley boardroom. Three long-serving Charlton employees charged by Nimer with serving the suspension order (with Farnell skulking in the car park) were verbally ‘sacked’ by Southall. Police were called, by McHugh, but the police eventually escorted Southall and the other two off the premises, ending his three month reign as Chairman and CEO. However much remains to be clarified about Southall’s relationships with various other players on our map, particularly in the period when the ESI plan was first hatched.

* On 12 March 2020, Matthew Southall was suspended by Tahnoon Nimer.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11163613/charlton-southall-suspended-cha

At this point, Southall only owns 35 "B" shares.

*On 20 March 2020 Matthew Southall was removed from the Board of ESI by Tahnoon Nimer.

On 25 March 2020, Southall claimed on Twitter he had three groups of investors ready to invest funds if Nimer stepped aside

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/matt-southall-makes-interesting-ownership-clai

On 10 July 2020 a number of illegitimate changes were made to the ESI Companies House record by Matthew Southall.

* On 17 July 2020 the courts ruled Matthew Southall's actions "UNLAWFUL" and fined him £21,000. In addition, Southall was ordered not to use ESI’s authentication code on the Companies House website for 12 months.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53449265

[b/*On 25 September 2020 ESI sold to new Charlton owner Thomas Sandgaard.
https://talksport.com/football/efl/764928/charlton-takeover-thomas-sandgaard-don

SUMMARY:

* Southall lasted just 71 days at Charlton between buying a 35% stake in the club and being removed from the Board.
* Southall was then PLEADED GUILTY and CONVICTED of unlawfully changing the Companies House records of ESI. He was fined £21,000 for doing that.

So, what was the mortgage on 264 Leigh Road, Worsley, M28 1LF for?

Who knows but Charlton was bought in January 2020 for £1 plus its debts by ESI from Duchalet.

Southall made that deal happen but only took a 35% stake in ESI on resolutions he proposed and signed. He clearly didn't have the financial firepower to buy the club and run it on his own.

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 22:07 - Jan 4 with 8317 viewsHullDale

On 25 March 2020, Southall claimed on Twitter he had three groups of investors ready to invest funds if Nimer stepped aside

I can't help but wonder if one of those three groups was Morton House.
MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 22:28 - Jan 4 with 8240 viewsRAFCBLUE

MORTON HOUSE / Matthew Southall's £1m deal with Andy Curran is "on the roc on 22:07 - Jan 4 by HullDale

I can't help but wonder if one of those three groups was Morton House.

Wouldn't it be funny/ironic if to prevent the levels of extreme scrutiny which exposed Southall at Charlton by an excellent group of fans, he did a deal to use a Company to buy shares in an unsuspecting League 1 club?

Southall was seen at the club on 29th April 2021 for a meeting with Curran and Jarvis, the latter two known in the Manchester Evening News as "Morton House". Fat Pat saw it all when one of the group refused a big chip barm.

The deal was done, Jarvis told us, after the infamous line:
"Furthermore, we have paid in excess of £1 million to date in consideration for shares, due diligence and legal costs. "

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/businessman

Southall admitted to the Dale Trust that he knew Jarvis:
"Southall began by stating that he was contacted by Alexander Jarvis on behalf of Morton House with a view to a purchase of the shares. He said that he had known Jarvis for a few years and the pair had worked together before including at Charlton. Jarvis had told him that he had a deal that had “gone wrong” that might be of interest Southall"
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2021/10/10010/

Alexander Jarvis is known as a "MINOR CHARACTER" to Charlton fans:
https://thecharltondossier.com/minor-connections/

Imagine putting your money into Morton House so you could hide in secret behind the name and then that money is snaffled by selling shareholders and squandered on holidays, cars, racehorse and having a good time.

There is no way of getting that £1.2m back if it has been spent!

If you want a laugh the Charlton fans put us onto this. Southall had a meeting on season ticket prices whilst his barber cut his hair.

https://medium.com/@benjynurick/standoff-in-the-boardroom-the-inside-story-of-a-

“Southall had a meeting with the staff and we get to the boardroom and the geezer’s in there just about to do this meeting while there’s a barber behind him,” an employee revealed. “That’s so distasteful – arrogance of thinking I’ve got better things to do like cutting my hair while you talk to me about the season ticket campaign.

CUTTING HIS HAIR ?!

The geezer is a 37 year old bald bloke!
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 22:29]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024