Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carcraft and other successful Rochdale businesses 21:54 - Dec 30 with 2203 viewsRAFCBLUE

I was reminded last night how successful Carcraft became whilst sponsoring Dale in the late 1990's.

I think it was between 1995 and 1999 but I might be wrong at that. Certainly when we had Connor and Platt and Steve Parkin I'm sure the were sponsor.

The Daily Telegraph reported the sale was £200m!
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/4476769/Carcraft-set-for-200m-sale.html

I'm sure I've seen many people involved with Carcraft at the club for various games ever since - great to see people successful and watching Rochdale and proof that great people and good businesses can thrive in the town.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Carcraft and other successful Rochdale businesses on 22:12 - Dec 30 with 2142 views49thseason

The McKee Brothers ended up selling Carcraft and then set up " We buy any car .com" using a company called Pennine Metals B.
I have no idea how the WBAC.com company works but several people have said they got a good offer for their car from them.
Carcraft and other successful Rochdale businesses on 23:53 - Dec 30 with 1979 viewsEllDale

Frank McKee was a good sponsor to both Dale and Hornets over the years.
His lads sold Carcraft as you say but whether or not they have the same interest in local professional sport is unknown.
Carcraft and other successful Rochdale businesses on 23:54 - Dec 30 with 1979 viewsEd_Ingley

Carcraft and other successful Rochdale businesses on 22:12 - Dec 30 by 49thseason

The McKee Brothers ended up selling Carcraft and then set up " We buy any car .com" using a company called Pennine Metals B.
I have no idea how the WBAC.com company works but several people have said they got a good offer for their car from them.

We buy any car was set up before the same of Carcraft in a management buyout, which pretty quickly went norms skyward.

I believe WBAC was not part of that sale.
Carcraft and other successful Rochdale businesses on 12:07 - Dec 31 with 1625 viewsrobtheb

Carcraft and other successful Rochdale businesses on 23:53 - Dec 30 by EllDale

Frank McKee was a good sponsor to both Dale and Hornets over the years.
His lads sold Carcraft as you say but whether or not they have the same interest in local professional sport is unknown.

I worked at Carcraft for 33 years until 2005, mainly working for Frank McKee and later for his sons Noel and Darren. All were very successful business people. I believe Noel and Darren still play a day to day role with We Buy Any Car.com. I use to see Noel and his family at matches at COA as they had a box. Not seen him there recently but at my time at Carcraft he was a big Man Utd fan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024