Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chester City 18:52 - Jan 7 with 8723 viewsjack_lord

So how are they allowed to have fans at their games?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Chester City on 12:17 - Jan 10 with 1361 viewsChief

Chester City on 10:47 - Jan 10 by Professor

The ground is on a retail and industrial park towards Sealand. Mainly garages and car showrooms and out-of-town retail. The traditional border was the Dee, but that was changed in the 70s. It's unlikely to impinge into NORTH Wales, though NE Wales of Wrexham and Deeside is the most populous area outside South Wales. Let's be frank, the Cestrians are no fans of the Welsh and Wrexhamites are nit going to travel to the Deva. Most of those in Queensferry, Shotton etc. are either Poles or more likely to go to Liverpool and Manchester for football. It's a complete irrelevance, the club's office is in England, the border tuns through the ground. They are policed by Cheshire Constabulary. If they have received money from Flintshire then it should now be returned by the club or reimbursed by CWAC (though as a CWAC council tax payer they can do one).

But then again there is also precedent. They for example the stadium adopted the smoking ban in line with Welsh law, not when England did.

Which police force enforces the law is also irrelevant.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Chester City on 12:17 - Jan 10 with 1361 viewsProfessor

Chester City on 12:08 - Jan 10 by onehunglow

What Prof is trying to say is Chester people are jerks and hate the Welsh as a whole.

Not all, but they are a funny lot in general. It's a fur coat and no knickers city.
Chester City on 12:18 - Jan 10 with 1361 viewsjack_lord

Chester City on 10:47 - Jan 10 by Professor

The ground is on a retail and industrial park towards Sealand. Mainly garages and car showrooms and out-of-town retail. The traditional border was the Dee, but that was changed in the 70s. It's unlikely to impinge into NORTH Wales, though NE Wales of Wrexham and Deeside is the most populous area outside South Wales. Let's be frank, the Cestrians are no fans of the Welsh and Wrexhamites are nit going to travel to the Deva. Most of those in Queensferry, Shotton etc. are either Poles or more likely to go to Liverpool and Manchester for football. It's a complete irrelevance, the club's office is in England, the border tuns through the ground. They are policed by Cheshire Constabulary. If they have received money from Flintshire then it should now be returned by the club or reimbursed by CWAC (though as a CWAC council tax payer they can do one).

It is fascinating watch this unfold. My head says that as the ground is on the Welsh side and there are rules in Wales to follow then that should be the end of it. My heart and gut says that Chester is and English club following English rules and should be subject to them especially as the ground isn't spilling in to the mass population.
The funny twist is that Chester took the covid grant available from Flintshire therefore acknowledging where the ground is and considerably weakening their argument.
I an curious how policing works in that area as I wonder what happens when the road from Herefordshire crosses in to Wales. I guess that question may be asked if a house was in the three counties area of Cwmtwrch with two policing areas and one house is in Dyfed Powys and next door is in South Wales force.

Chester City on 12:28 - Jan 10 with 1344 viewsmax936

Chester City on 12:17 - Jan 10 by Professor

Not all, but they are a funny lot in general. It's a fur coat and no knickers city.

"It's a fur coat and no knickers city."

Sounds very interesting when can I go

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Chester City on 12:57 - Jan 10 with 1298 viewsonehunglow

Chester City on 12:28 - Jan 10 by max936

"It's a fur coat and no knickers city."

Sounds very interesting when can I go

Our son lives there,near the Zoo. Nice house ,nice area ,near the countryside too.
Chester has suffered from drop outs moving into the centre and the professional beggar brigade. The Roman heritage however is everlasting and millions visit .
Chester Races is also very popular ,if you like to see animals flogged for human pleasaure that is.
Its still a decent enough place to stay a weekend though.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Chester City on 13:01 - Jan 10 with 1311 viewsBadlands

TNS.
Retain the Welsh name after absorbing Oswestry, compete in Wales Premier, play in England. England’s covid rules apply.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Chester City on 13:05 - Jan 10 with 1307 viewsChief

Chester City on 13:01 - Jan 10 by Badlands

TNS.
Retain the Welsh name after absorbing Oswestry, compete in Wales Premier, play in England. England’s covid rules apply.

Yes, if the Welsh league hadn't halted they could still have fans because their stadium is in Oswestry.

They could play friendlies in front of fans if they wanted to.

Chester City on 13:09 - Jan 10 with 1301 viewsProfessor

Chester City on 13:05 - Jan 10 by Chief

Yes, if the Welsh league hadn't halted they could still have fans because their stadium is in Oswestry.

They could play friendlies in front of fans if they wanted to.

There's the answer-Chester move to Park Hall. Only 35 mins down the road
Login to get fewer ads

Chester City on 13:10 - Jan 10 with 1299 viewsmax936

Chester City on 12:57 - Jan 10 by onehunglow

Our son lives there,near the Zoo. Nice house ,nice area ,near the countryside too.
Chester has suffered from drop outs moving into the centre and the professional beggar brigade. The Roman heritage however is everlasting and millions visit .
Chester Races is also very popular ,if you like to see animals flogged for human pleasaure that is.
Its still a decent enough place to stay a weekend though.

I dunno mind, you haven't exactly sold it to me, I was more drawn by the fur coats and no knickers comment by the Prof

Chester City on 13:22 - Jan 10 with 1293 viewsjack_lord

Chester City on 13:10 - Jan 10 by max936

I dunno mind, you haven't exactly sold it to me, I was more drawn by the fur coats and no knickers comment by the Prof

Steve, I worked with two girls from Chester in New York of all places. Two of the strangest lasses in the whole team. Pretty girls though and my memory says underwear was not allowed under their coats.

Chester City on 13:33 - Jan 10 with 1283 viewsmax936

Chester City on 13:22 - Jan 10 by jack_lord

Steve, I worked with two girls from Chester in New York of all places. Two of the strangest lasses in the whole team. Pretty girls though and my memory says underwear was not allowed under their coats.

Interesting , can't see her indoors letting me venture up there alone though, I'm well past my sell by date as well

Chester City on 14:27 - Jan 10 with 1268 viewsProfessor

Chester City on 13:33 - Jan 10 by max936

Interesting , can't see her indoors letting me venture up there alone though, I'm well past my sell by date as well

You can also be killed by bow and arrow outside (the largely still standing) city walls after dark if Welsh.

Chester is OK, used to be a nice day's shopping but like many places has suffered.Prefer Liverpool these days.

The racecourse (Rodee) is interesting-crammed against the walls and the river. Got my first jab there in March.
Chester City on 18:27 - Jan 10 with 1226 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Seems Drakeford has done a U-turn. The Welsh government have now said "as a club based in Wales, Chester FC would be eligible for support for crowd restrictions. " The Welsh government had previously said that Chester as an English team were not entitled to compensation.

Seems the outcry throughout England and Wales has brought about this U- turn.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Chester City on 18:42 - Jan 10 with 1214 viewsbuilthjack

It would seem that they claimed from Flintshire Council when furlough was about.
Perhaps they should pay it back.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Chester City on 18:43 - Jan 10 with 1214 viewsChief

Chester City on 18:27 - Jan 10 by felixstowe_jack

Seems Drakeford has done a U-turn. The Welsh government have now said "as a club based in Wales, Chester FC would be eligible for support for crowd restrictions. " The Welsh government had previously said that Chester as an English team were not entitled to compensation.

Well Chester claim that they weren't eligible for support, I haven't seen anywhere confirmed that they wouldn't be, certainly not from the Welsh Government, who have confirmed they are. Chester have benefitted from Welsh financial support previously due to Welsh covid regulations so I don't see why anyone would think that It would be different this time. Nothing to do with any outcry, it's just the regulations in place which are clear.

If the outcry (if you could class it as an "outcry') had worked, Drakeford would have folded and let them play in front of fans in Wales. Which still isn't on the cards to the point that Chester are looking to move their next game to a location in England. Which if they did, I don't see them being eligible for any Welsh financial assistance.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 18:45]

Chester City on 19:37 - Jan 10 with 1195 viewsjack_lord

I don't think that headline is accurate. Everything I have read said that Chester were eligible for support.
This all seems to have got lost in translation. The outcry has helped everyone be come aware of the ridiculous scenario.
It looks as though the next game is going to be postponed or swapped as the reverse game is in May.

Chester City on 22:33 - Jan 10 with 1152 viewsjeza739

Chester City on 22:15 - Jan 7 by Whiterockin

There should be no covid borders in the UK we should all have the same rules and regulations. This incident just highlights the stupidity of the situation.

A far too sensible post....this is what is annoying me more than anything, people with their own political agendas going what they want to prove a point just because they can..we should all be covered by same regulations.
UK should be renamed DK - disunited Kingdom
Chester City on 09:38 - Jan 11 with 1086 viewsBadlands

Strange that when Drakeford is honest enough to review decisions it’s called 'U Turn' yet Johnson never reconsiders, fobs of questions and lies to cover up.
Not being a football fan or from that area I doubt if Drakeford would have been aware of the situation, few people in Wales are.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Chester City on 10:47 - Jan 11 with 1062 viewsScotia

Chester City on 19:37 - Jan 10 by jack_lord

I don't think that headline is accurate. Everything I have read said that Chester were eligible for support.
This all seems to have got lost in translation. The outcry has helped everyone be come aware of the ridiculous scenario.
It looks as though the next game is going to be postponed or swapped as the reverse game is in May.

They are eligible for support. So Welsh taxpayers mney will be funding an English football club.

I also read yesterday that out of the entire £120 miillion allocated for sprt / leisure support just £3 million is for missing spectators. The Swans on their own are probably owed that already.
Chester City on 13:07 - Jan 11 with 1038 viewsChief

Chester City on 10:47 - Jan 11 by Scotia

They are eligible for support. So Welsh taxpayers mney will be funding an English football club.

I also read yesterday that out of the entire £120 miillion allocated for sprt / leisure support just £3 million is for missing spectators. The Swans on their own are probably owed that already.

How'd you work that out?

We haven't missed any games besides a FA cup which was a bonus and it was on TV so we had money for that. Those league games will take place at a point later in season when hopefully we have fans back.

Even if we had played League games with no fans we wouldn't have anywhere near that. We have 14k season ticket holders who's money club has already had. So on a matchday we only have about 3k fans paying an average £20 each, with food, merch, hospitality minus costs I'd say we roughly make about 125k on a matchday?

How many home games have we missed? 2?

Chester City on 14:04 - Jan 11 with 1002 viewswhiterock

The Tory Gov are corrupt to the core, party, what party? sleaze
Chester City on 15:48 - Jan 11 with 970 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Chester City on 13:07 - Jan 11 by Chief

How'd you work that out?

We haven't missed any games besides a FA cup which was a bonus and it was on TV so we had money for that. Those league games will take place at a point later in season when hopefully we have fans back.

Even if we had played League games with no fans we wouldn't have anywhere near that. We have 14k season ticket holders who's money club has already had. So on a matchday we only have about 3k fans paying an average £20 each, with food, merch, hospitality minus costs I'd say we roughly make about 125k on a matchday?

Takings for the Southampton could have been £400,000 based on ticket sales, match day hospitality packages, on ground food and alcohol sales as well club shop sales.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Chester City on 16:11 - Jan 11 with 945 viewsScotia

Chester City on 13:07 - Jan 11 by Chief

How'd you work that out?

I forgot about our very conveinient covid outbreak and the postponed games, nevertheless I think that's a very consevatibe estimate and we would have had the TV cash anyway.

£3 miilion pound to compensate for the lack of crowds at Wales 8 fully professional sports clubs plus the smaller organisations is peanuts and has almost cetainly gone already before the next set of matches.

Anyway, it looks like Scotland are allowing crowds at outdoor events as of Saturday, so that decision is effectively made for Drakeford. Although I'd expect him to wait a little longer so he can appear to be considering his options.
Chester City on 16:23 - Jan 11 with 935 viewstrampie

Chester FC putting up a lovely photo of Wales on its statement piece.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Chester City on 17:02 - Jan 11 with 925 viewsChief

Chester City on 15:48 - Jan 11 by felixstowe_jack

Takings for the Southampton could have been £400,000 based on ticket sales, match day hospitality packages, on ground food and alcohol sales as well club shop sales.

Soton could have been yea, but of course the club wouldn't have budgeted for a cup game because we could have been drawn away to a lower league team and wouldn't have received anywhere near as much and may not have been on TV.

So it has to be seen as a bonus that our game was televised and we received that income.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024