Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Matheson 14:06 - Jan 15 with 5922 viewsSuddenLad

Joins Scunthorpe for the remainder of the season. A coup for KH. Good for Luke as well.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Luke Matheson on 14:41 - Jan 15 with 5784 views1907

A coup for Hill but I’m not so sure how playing for the team next to bottom of league two will do Luke any favours. From the outside in I think his move to Wolves hasn’t been anywhere as successful as we all hoped. His loan move to Ipswich was a joke, his loan move to Hamilton has turned out equally shambolic. Now he’s playing at the bottom of league two after doing a great job for us in league one? Who’s making these decisions?
Luke Matheson on 14:51 - Jan 15 with 5732 viewsSuddenLad

I guess he needs a chance to rebuild his confidence and under KH he will have that chance, so if he can recover his previous form, it's a win/win for all. I hope it's a success.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Luke Matheson on 15:17 - Jan 15 with 5624 viewsdeeplishblue

At least we have sorted the defence out

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Luke Matheson on 15:45 - Jan 15 with 5487 viewsblackdogblue

Straight in the team, wonder why he didn’t come home 🤷‍♂️😢

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Luke Matheson on 15:46 - Jan 15 with 5481 viewsD_Alien

Luke almost falls into the 'broken toy' mould after his disappointing lack of progress

KH can do the trick with him if anyone can, but i'm not sure we'll be seeing Luke playing higher up the food chain than the Championship, eventually. Come on Luke, we need those add-ons!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Luke Matheson on 17:42 - Jan 15 with 5200 viewsjonahwhereru

When Wolves did their promo when he arrived and I saw his dad was short I did start to think that he would need to make decent progress to counter his lack of height. Sadly he is no David Speedie. In the air. So for all his athleticism and great attitude he is really up against it to break into the championship or above. He really is restricted to wing back, which would better suit his stature
I sincerely hope this is a success for him as i think his actions and deeds show what a sound lad he is.
I we still covet O’Keeffe this was the wrong timing for us and Luke to have that second dance.
Luke Matheson on 12:02 - Jan 16 with 4585 viewsRAFC_1990

Had a really poor game going off social media from Scunthorpe fans, hope he finds his confidence again but cant help but thing it was a fantastic sale. He had ALOT to learn while with us to make a decent career out of football which was understandable at 16, but he had loads of potential too. Hopefully a decent run of games with KH will sort him out.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 12:03]

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Luke Matheson on 12:28 - Jan 16 with 4495 viewsnordenblue

Luke Matheson on 12:02 - Jan 16 by RAFC_1990

Had a really poor game going off social media from Scunthorpe fans, hope he finds his confidence again but cant help but thing it was a fantastic sale. He had ALOT to learn while with us to make a decent career out of football which was understandable at 16, but he had loads of potential too. Hopefully a decent run of games with KH will sort him out.

Not sure a relegation scrap at the bottom of league 2 is really the place to be building his confidence from though, seems a funny move to Scunthorpe, but again I also thought he moved to Wolves far too soon too.

He was clearly nowhere near ready enough to make such a big step in the first team and was always going to be shipped out here there and everywhere for a good while.
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Matheson on 16:05 - Jan 16 with 4241 viewsKnowlesy

Out of interest I watched Scunthorpe's highlights, keeping an eye out for him. Seemed lost and was out of position most of the time, including getting caught out on the wrong side for the second goal. Was too busy trying to wrestle their player rather than getting goalside.
Luke Matheson on 07:24 - Jan 17 with 3803 viewsdavidab2202

Luke Matheson on 12:02 - Jan 16 by RAFC_1990

Probably Luke is the prime example of Cashing in when the Hype about him was at its highest.
Seems to be struggling a little since he left us but hopefully he can get what was a very promising start to his career back on track with KH's help.(Always assuming he doesn't get shown the door as little appears to have changed under his watch at Scunthorpe)
Luke Matheson on 22:44 - Jan 17 with 3177 viewsRAFCBLUE

Luke Matheson on 07:24 - Jan 17 by davidab2202

Probably Luke is the prime example of Cashing in when the Hype about him was at its highest.
Seems to be struggling a little since he left us but hopefully he can get what was a very promising start to his career back on track with KH's help.(Always assuming he doesn't get shown the door as little appears to have changed under his watch at Scunthorpe)

That goal vs Man United added immensely to his value and the run of form / confidence that game him allowed Dale to cashout at a good price and to a Premier League club.

History says that most Dale players who get to the Premier League do so indirectly but with Dale playing a pivotal stop on that journey.

Luke Matheson went straight from us to a very solid Wolves team and the risk all young players have is that they are lost in the rub of the Premier League machine.

I hope he does well; the financial contribution he made to the club was immense and THAT goal will live long in the memory:

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Luke Matheson on 00:34 - Jan 18 with 3090 viewsSandyman

Spot on. One of the great moments ever as a Dale fan, seeing one of our own youngsters score against the millionaire players. On their meadow. With my sons and friends all around to celebrate. Think we need to see it again...

Thanks Luke, your career will be fine.
Luke Matheson on 08:50 - Jan 20 with 2333 viewssweetcorn

Personally never thought he was that good. Think opinions got skewed on him because of his performances in the cup games against premier League teams.

Week in, week out in league one he was patchy at best, which you'd expect of a player his age, but it's not that shocking that he hasn't progressed.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Luke Matheson on 10:34 - Jan 20 with 2162 viewsDaleiLama

Luke Matheson on 08:50 - Jan 20 by sweetcorn

Personally never thought he was that good. Think opinions got skewed on him because of his performances in the cup games against premier League teams.

Week in, week out in league one he was patchy at best, which you'd expect of a player his age, but it's not that shocking that he hasn't progressed.

Would also add that player's development is rarely linear, with ups and downs on the roller coaster due to physical, mental and situational obstacles. He might be on a downward slope but doesn't mean he can't come back from it. We've had enough examples go through our books to prove this.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024