Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread 17:31 - Feb 28 with 12711 viewsHullDale

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 21:22 - Mar 1 with 3348 viewsblackdogblue

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 20:41 - Mar 1 by _Windydale

Decent half by Dale despite losing the game

.Lots of good pressure and interplay. The long balls are adding a lot of pressure, but Carlilse dealing with them well.

Campbell looking impressive again with his control and strength. I can see a goal coming from him if he gets some good service.

I would like to see Kelly use his vision more and hit our forwards. Too many side passes.

Newbs had a great half-hour but disappeared towards the end of the half, maybe due to the amount of running he put a shift in.
The games still there to be won, we are playing well enough to win it.

Side passes 🤷‍♂️ Not like us 😡

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 21:34 - Mar 1 with 3146 viewsdawlishdale

FFS.
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 21:34 - Mar 1 with 3140 viewsEllDale

Bloody Norah.
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 21:35 - Mar 1 with 3091 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dicked.
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 21:35 - Mar 1 with 3082 viewsboromat

Real shame but we've said it many times before played reasonably well but lost. Second goal was a result of us pushing for the equaliser.

Lynch mistake has lost us that game. Saying that I think I'd rather we stick with him for the next game.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 21:36 - Mar 1 with 3049 viewsmikehunt

Oldham going down

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 21:40 - Mar 1 with 2918 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 21:36 - Mar 1 by mikehunt

Oldham going down

They got a point tonight...more than our lot.
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 21:42 - Mar 1 with 2815 viewsdingdangblue

Controlled the game for almost 90 mins but end up losing 2-0. Another goalkeeping mistake and no cutting edge up front was our downfall. Didn't deserve to lose that but Lynch cost us massively. Hopefully 2 new keepers next season.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 21:43 - Mar 1 with 2816 viewsoddjob007

Oldham going down

Astonished how we’ve lost that. Probably karma for last Tuesday.

Played really well, but as ever, couldn’t finish.

An error and a lucky break when we’re trying to find an equaliser.

Everyone played well apart from Lynch who looked shakey from the start and it was no surprise he made yet another error, complete opposite performance to Saturday.
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 21:46 - Mar 1 with 2744 views442Dale

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 21:40 - Mar 1 by Yorkshire_Dale

They got a point tonight...more than our lot.

But them only getting a point and others drawing too is one positive as it could have been worse

We played quite well with annoying choices and lack of a final ball costing us. Even then Grant could have equalised late on and Done should have scored twice (no that doesn’t mean anyone can start posting disrespectful nonsense again).

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 21:47 - Mar 1 with 2722 views_Windydale

Tense game.

A hard-working Carlisle defense saw the win through. Three great chances though at least wasted, Grant and I think Done x 2. Carlisle did have a fair few chances themselves though.

Really disappointing, I thought we might continue the good work from last Saturday. Can't fault the effort from most of the players but wish some could stay focused for 90 mins.
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 21:48 - Mar 1 with 2706 views442Dale

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 21:43 - Mar 1 by oddjob007

Astonished how we’ve lost that. Probably karma for last Tuesday.

Played really well, but as ever, couldn’t finish.

An error and a lucky break when we’re trying to find an equaliser.

Everyone played well apart from Lynch who looked shakey from the start and it was no surprise he made yet another error, complete opposite performance to Saturday.

That’s a good point about the Port Vale draw, sometimes football can go either way. Especially for sides which are inconsistent within games themselves. Stockdale will know this.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 21:51 - Mar 1 with 2647 viewsDaleiLama

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 21:46 - Mar 1 by 442Dale

But them only getting a point and others drawing too is one positive as it could have been worse

We played quite well with annoying choices and lack of a final ball costing us. Even then Grant could have equalised late on and Done should have scored twice (no that doesn’t mean anyone can start posting disrespectful nonsense again).

Our crossing was poor tonight - how often did we find a man? We got what I feared we would from the game though

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 22:08 - Mar 1 with 2428 viewsboromat

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 21:51 - Mar 1 by DaleiLama

Our crossing was poor tonight - how often did we find a man? We got what I feared we would from the game though

Set pieces were awful. Corners rarely beat the first man.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 22:08 - Mar 1 with 2432 viewsDickydaler

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 21:42 - Mar 1 by dingdangblue

Controlled the game for almost 90 mins but end up losing 2-0. Another goalkeeping mistake and no cutting edge up front was our downfall. Didn't deserve to lose that but Lynch cost us massively. Hopefully 2 new keepers next season.

To be fair Lynch only made the one mistake, he did nothing wrong for the rest of the match as far as I can remember. And if he hadn't come for that ball and they'd have scored we'd have been complaining about him not coming for the cross. There were plenty of outfield players who made mistakes, Newby, in particular. But of course when a keeper makes a mistake it usually results in a goal.
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 22:22 - Mar 1 with 2292 viewspioneer

Oldham going down

Is that a prediction or a wish?

They are in a good run of results like ourselves (until tonight) unlike stevenage and barrow and have games in hand. Leyton Orient hitting poor form at the wrong time as well.

I expect and hope Oldham stay up. As for that team from near Cleethorpes, they are done, ever since the managerial change.
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 22:37 - Mar 1 with 2190 viewsgriff

Sorry lads. Can we have another three points when we come to youse?
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 22:38 - Mar 1 with 2175 viewsjonahwhereru

As soon as they scored that result was written. To much 5 passes when 2 would do tonight. We really let them off tonight. Every game stat favour Dale except the one that counts. Very frustrating to be the far better team and loose. The up side is that Carlisle still look more likely than us to get drawn into a dog fight.
The other results tonight favoured us especially the Orient result. They still can’t arrest their slump. Amazing that they still have a decent goal difference.
The club just need to take the positives from tonight and move on.
UTDNFS
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 22:55 - Mar 1 with 2071 viewsmikehunt

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 22:22 - Mar 1 by pioneer

Is that a prediction or a wish?

They are in a good run of results like ourselves (until tonight) unlike stevenage and barrow and have games in hand. Leyton Orient hitting poor form at the wrong time as well.

I expect and hope Oldham stay up. As for that team from near Cleethorpes, they are done, ever since the managerial change.

A wish and means we won’t be going down. They can come straight back up though.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 22:57]

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 23:36 - Mar 1 with 1897 viewsjacko_dale

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 22:08 - Mar 1 by boromat

Set pieces were awful. Corners rarely beat the first man.

I said the other week I can't remember the last time (I'm talking season, not game!) where we looked a threat from set pieces. I'm not sure we've been any good at them since Dawson left!
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 07:50 - Mar 2 with 1477 viewsHullDale

Not sure I agree with the 'we played well enough' comments, and for the first time I think I'm in disagreement with RS in his post match interview.

First 20 mins we looked decent (I said to my mate its miles better even than Saturday), they scored from a terrible error (I don't understand EOC berating people all match for not being where be wants them to be for a pass but not having a go at Lynchy for that - not saying he should do either but its a weird difference) and it went rapidly downhill.

We peppered a few shots in over the match (I think their keeper made a few decent saves, but none you wouldn't expect him to), but in general the play IMO just wasn't good to watch. Dooley wasn't good, Newby had a shocker, Done added pace but couldn't finish, Clark had his worst game for us. Ball at CB I don't think worked (for us), it was like he was playing a cross between a CB role and the role BBM had Morley playing for lots of last season - to the side of our box and look to play it across diagonally. We weren't even second to second balls a lot of the time, we just didn't even go for them... they just wanted it more.

The most frustrating thing for me? We didn't seem in a rush. 1-0 down and slow taking throw ins, free kicks, goal kicks. & when we did take them, we'd do a short pass to the defence, get under pressure, pass it about a bit and make nothing of them... I lost count of the number of times we had a free kick or throw in in an attacking area, and it ended up with our defence or keeper. We wasted time repeatedly with 2 or 3 passes between EOC / Lynch after a set piece to end up exactly where we were in the first place.

I like RS, I like his signings in the main, want him to do well and think he will long term. What I'm a bit bored of hearing is about unbeaten runs (when 50%+ of the runs are draws) - they give a false sense of performance levels and security. As ATP pointed out, we're seeing the same issues now costing us points as we did in August. In the last 7 games, I think we've had 7 bad halves, 4 average halves and 3 good halves... 7 points outside the bottom 2 (on the same games now as 23rd) and that form means we need to pick up consistent performances quickly before it starts getting nervy.

Really really frustrating evening, at a time when we could've built on a good result from weekend.
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 08:02 - Mar 2 with 1449 viewsSandyman

Having reflected on last night, HullDale's comments above ^^^ match my thoughts on the game. Carlisle were a poor side and we gifted them the game. Can't agree with RS that we played well. After a good early start and missing a sitter, we were weak in the tackle and too easily dispossessed, either by our own mistakes or weakness when challenged, which is such a contrast from last Saturday's game when we were up for the fight.
A disappointing regression.
Scotch pie in the ground was good though.

#UTDNFS
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 09:04 - Mar 2 with 1300 viewsJames1980

Stats oh those wonderful stats, make it look like we was robbed. However,
23 shots created 2 big chances which were both missed.
We made 255 passes in our half 213 in their's
They made 68 in their half 108 in our's
They won 100% of the tackles they made.
20 interceptions
10 blocks
22 clearances
7 saves
Makes it look like it was real backs to the wall stuff for Carlisle.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 09:04 - Mar 2 with 1299 viewsDale_4_Life

Agree Hull Dale post as well ( two up from this post)

Dooley and Newby had terrible games. Done had two almost identical chances and tamely hit both shots straight at the keeper.

Credit to Carlisle looked second best especially that first 15 minutes but won easy enough 2-0. RS needs a clear out in June I think.

It it tactics (a worry as I like RS as a person ) or are we just bang average?
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 09:47 - Mar 2 with 1158 viewsdingdangblue

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 22:38 - Mar 1 by jonahwhereru

As soon as they scored that result was written. To much 5 passes when 2 would do tonight. We really let them off tonight. Every game stat favour Dale except the one that counts. Very frustrating to be the far better team and loose. The up side is that Carlisle still look more likely than us to get drawn into a dog fight.
The other results tonight favoured us especially the Orient result. They still can’t arrest their slump. Amazing that they still have a decent goal difference.
The club just need to take the positives from tonight and move on.
UTDNFS

I'm not sure about that when we've recently come from behind v Harrogate, Scunthorpe and Port Vale. 2-0 certainly flattered them and at 1-0 we had at least 3 great chances to not only draw level but win comfortably.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024