Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sanctions bite on Chelsea 13:35 - Mar 10 with 3552 viewsD_Alien

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/60688168

Unable to sell match tickets (ST holders still allowed to attend), buy or sell players, no club shop sales, no bookings at Chelsea hotel, etc.

This, as the reigning European and World Club Champions. And tbf, they wouldn't have been anywhere near those trophies without Abramovich's money

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 15:29 - Mar 10 with 3449 viewswozzrafc

Just goes to show that clubs that are bank rolled by a single owner can easily fall into serious trouble.

Kieran McQuire constantly says that it only needs one incident to stop their benefactors income and they have no where to go.

Just another example why I back the boards sustainable approach!!
Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 15:32 - Mar 10 with 3443 viewsjudd

Perhaps the mercurial Jarvo can broker a deal between Southall and Abramovich?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 15:45 - Mar 10 with 3416 viewsEllDale

Some of the figures being bandied about at Chelsea are frightening.
I didn't realise that the owner didn't just buy players but also dipped his hand in his pocket to make up the shortfall in income over expenditure on a regular basis.
I suppose that's what many chaimen have had to do over the years (including Fred Ratcliffe) but not to the extent of a total of a total of £1.2 billion.
In this case I haven't too much sympathy though.
Ill gotten gains to begin with and the ultimate vanity exercise.
Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 15:56 - Mar 10 with 3389 viewswozzrafc

Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 15:45 - Mar 10 by EllDale

Some of the figures being bandied about at Chelsea are frightening.
I didn't realise that the owner didn't just buy players but also dipped his hand in his pocket to make up the shortfall in income over expenditure on a regular basis.
I suppose that's what many chaimen have had to do over the years (including Fred Ratcliffe) but not to the extent of a total of a total of £1.2 billion.
In this case I haven't too much sympathy though.
Ill gotten gains to begin with and the ultimate vanity exercise.

It’s not just Chelsea, a good example in the championship is Preston where their benefactor puts in 6 to 7 million pounds a year to make up the shortfall.

What happens when he is unable or unwilling? It won’t take long for them to find themselves in the same boat as Bolton
[Post edited 10 Mar 2022 17:04]
Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 16:34 - Mar 10 with 3315 viewsDalenet

Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 15:56 - Mar 10 by wozzrafc

It’s not just Chelsea, a good example in the championship is Preston where their benefactor puts in 6 to 7 million pounds a year to make up the shortfall.

What happens when he is unable or unwilling? It won’t take long for them to find themselves in the same boat as Bolton

Indeed.

If anybody completes the EFL fans survey (link on OS) they ask you if there are any other topics that the fans want the EFL to ask them about in fans survey. I respectfully added "Financial sustainability, ownership rules, and football debt".
Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 17:53 - Mar 10 with 3202 viewsfinberty

David Mellor has been bleating on about this. Enjoyed the ride though, did David.
Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 18:38 - Mar 10 with 3121 viewswatford_dale

Happy for people to bankroll the club but if they have a 3 - 5 year plan and it will cost, say, £30million to embark on the journey then have the benefactor put the £30m in a ring fenced untouchable account to pay for that dream.

If the dream hasn't been achieved with 6 months to go then make plans to cut the cloth accordingly.

There will be a delay in the selling of the club until the govt is happy that the proceeds are not going to him. But I expect a fair few americans to be lining up for the club especially as it will now have a rock bottom price. A lesson in how to turn £3bn into <£1bn in a matter of weeks, cry me a river.
Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 00:25 - Mar 11 with 2840 viewsSandyman

Morton House / Southall et al won't put 6 or 7 pence into this club never mind £millions .

The only want to bleed it dry.

We know. They know we know.

They will fail.

UTDNFS
Login to get fewer ads

Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 20:34 - Mar 11 with 2492 viewsrickyprickles

Rushden & Diamonds was a good example of ‘once the owner pulls the plug’
Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 23:15 - Mar 11 with 2319 views49thseason

Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 18:38 - Mar 10 by watford_dale

Happy for people to bankroll the club but if they have a 3 - 5 year plan and it will cost, say, £30million to embark on the journey then have the benefactor put the £30m in a ring fenced untouchable account to pay for that dream.

If the dream hasn't been achieved with 6 months to go then make plans to cut the cloth accordingly.

There will be a delay in the selling of the club until the govt is happy that the proceeds are not going to him. But I expect a fair few americans to be lining up for the club especially as it will now have a rock bottom price. A lesson in how to turn £3bn into <£1bn in a matter of weeks, cry me a river.

I remember when Elton John put a million quid into Watford... except he didnt, he guaranteed a bank loan. It would be a better way of dealing with some of the dodgy owners. Tell them they have to guarantee a loan from a bank to the club, this would ensure the club gets all the money and the bank would do due diligence on the person guaranteeing the loan and if he goes elbows up, the club isn't left in the lurch. The bank will just take his house car investments etc. If the buyer isnt prepared to do a bank guarantee you have to ask why not if he is all he purports to be?
Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 10:55 - Mar 12 with 2127 viewsDale_4_Life

Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 00:25 - Mar 11 by Sandyman

Morton House / Southall et al won't put 6 or 7 pence into this club never mind £millions .

The only want to bleed it dry.

We know. They know we know.

They will fail.

UTDNFS

We know, they know we know....

Perfectly put Sandyman.
Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 22:39 - Mar 12 with 1867 viewsSandyman

"Disqualified"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60720343
Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 23:02 - Mar 12 with 1836 viewsD_Alien

Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 22:39 - Mar 12 by Sandyman

"Disqualified"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60720343

I know! Farcical isn't it

As if he's suddenly broken standards that now disqualifies him that didn't apply before...

There's other sides to this too

It puts the moral relativity of the Premier League and the EFL into a whole new light and looks very much like virtue signalling but doesn't even touch upon why the PL thought he was "qualified" for the past 15 years or so

As for the EFL, it looks like the Morton House platoon will have to invade erm... the Wirral?... to push them out of their slumbers
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 23:08]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 23:15 - Mar 12 with 1792 viewsSuddenLad

Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 23:02 - Mar 12 by D_Alien

I know! Farcical isn't it

As if he's suddenly broken standards that now disqualifies him that didn't apply before...

There's other sides to this too

It puts the moral relativity of the Premier League and the EFL into a whole new light and looks very much like virtue signalling but doesn't even touch upon why the PL thought he was "qualified" for the past 15 years or so

As for the EFL, it looks like the Morton House platoon will have to invade erm... the Wirral?... to push them out of their slumbers
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 23:08]

I'll guarantee they won't be invading the High Court.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 18:21 - Mar 13 with 1592 viewsblackdogblue

Noticed earlier they still have the sponsors on their shirts unless they can’t get new ones as the club shop is shut?

Free Ukraine 🙏 🇺🇦

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 18:23 - Mar 13 with 1585 viewsHullDale

Sanctions bite on Chelsea on 18:21 - Mar 13 by blackdogblue

Noticed earlier they still have the sponsors on their shirts unless they can’t get new ones as the club shop is shut?

Free Ukraine 🙏 🇺🇦

I saw online before that all shirts in stock / storage have the logos on, and they can't order blank ones because accounts are frozen.

Sky edited them out on the infographics etc, but looks like they will stay on the actual
shirts for the forseable (unless 3 buy some blank ones and gift them to the club).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024