Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper sacked at Barrow 17:43 - Mar 20 with 4297 viewsSandyman

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60815587
Cooper sacked at Barrow on 18:11 - Mar 20 with 4229 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Appointed on a 3 yr deal in May 2021........big payout due then.

His performance this season is on a par with RS ........but looks safe as here, interesting.
Cooper sacked at Barrow on 19:30 - Mar 20 with 4086 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Cooper sacked at Barrow on 18:11 - Mar 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

Appointed on a 3 yr deal in May 2021........big payout due then.

His performance this season is on a par with RS ........but looks safe as here, interesting.

It’s difficult. Last new appointments that made a tangible difference were Hill (x2) and BBM. It’s perhaps not too difficult to see a route back for the former, but then it’s back to square one. United have a similar x 100 problem.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Cooper sacked at Barrow on 21:14 - Mar 20 with 3917 viewsEllDale

Be interesting to see who they replace him with him.
Crazy at this time of the season.
Cooper sacked at Barrow on 22:09 - Mar 20 with 3852 viewsDalenet

I think that means that 7 out of the bottom 8 teams in League Two have sacked their manager mid season. We are the only ones not to do it (no I am not advocating it). An expensive business, sacking managers. But so is extending contracts of a failing manager who didn't realise we would be relegated from League One!
Cooper sacked at Barrow on 22:13 - Mar 20 with 3848 viewsEllDale

Given the playing staff available we shouldn’t have been relegated from League One.
Cooper sacked at Barrow on 08:48 - Mar 21 with 3596 viewsjonahwhereru

Football management is such a weird occupation. So many people wanting to get into it, but so few managers manage to stay with the same club for even 3 years. Under the 21 century clamour to pull the change the manager lever the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson would never have been successful.
It seams nobody looks at the history books, which show sustained success was most often built on patience and stability in the management team.
Steve Evans is a typical modern manager, he has been at so many clubs, but in recent times he has never got a move to a bigger club because of success at his existing one. Wonder what his average length of tenure is.
Don’t want the Dale board to panic. Give stability a chance.
Cooper sacked at Barrow on 09:18 - Mar 21 with 3533 viewsJames1980

Cooper sacked at Barrow on 08:48 - Mar 21 by jonahwhereru

Football management is such a weird occupation. So many people wanting to get into it, but so few managers manage to stay with the same club for even 3 years. Under the 21 century clamour to pull the change the manager lever the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson would never have been successful.
It seams nobody looks at the history books, which show sustained success was most often built on patience and stability in the management team.
Steve Evans is a typical modern manager, he has been at so many clubs, but in recent times he has never got a move to a bigger club because of success at his existing one. Wonder what his average length of tenure is.
Don’t want the Dale board to panic. Give stability a chance.

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2475&season_id=154&team

In his first season at St Mirren Ferguson had 11 wins a win ratio of 33%

Second season 27 wins a win ratio of 57%

Now currently Robbie's WR is 25% and I'm not for a second saying Stockdale could go onto be the next Ferguson. Just that even one of the greatest managers of all time didn't exactly hit the ground running in his first season as a manager.

Nb I am going of soccerbase info and apologies if my flawed argument has been backed with flawed data.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Cooper sacked at Barrow on 09:36 - Mar 21 with 3504 viewsD_Alien

Cooper sacked at Barrow on 09:18 - Mar 21 by James1980

In his first season at St Mirren Ferguson had 11 wins a win ratio of 33%

Second season 27 wins a win ratio of 57%

Now currently Robbie's WR is 25% and I'm not for a second saying Stockdale could go onto be the next Ferguson. Just that even one of the greatest managers of all time didn't exactly hit the ground running in his first season as a manager.

Nb I am going of soccerbase info and apologies if my flawed argument has been backed with flawed data.

Add to that, Ferguson's initial record at Man U

After two and a half trophyless years and nowt special on the pitch, some critics had started to question whether he was going to make anything work at the club. Then they won the Lesgue Cup, then the FA Cup after a replay and not before a Mark Robins goal had seen them progress in one of the earlier rounds at the point where if they'd gone out that could've been curtains for him (Ferguson). Then they won the Cup WInners Cup. Then they won the League, and just kept on winning

He mightn't have survived to do that these days

[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 9:47]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper sacked at Barrow on 14:15 - Mar 21 with 3267 viewsJames1980

Cooper sacked at Barrow on 09:36 - Mar 21 by D_Alien

Add to that, Ferguson's initial record at Man U

After two and a half trophyless years and nowt special on the pitch, some critics had started to question whether he was going to make anything work at the club. Then they won the Lesgue Cup, then the FA Cup after a replay and not before a Mark Robins goal had seen them progress in one of the earlier rounds at the point where if they'd gone out that could've been curtains for him (Ferguson). Then they won the Cup WInners Cup. Then they won the League, and just kept on winning

He mightn't have survived to do that these days

[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 9:47]

Patience certainly prevailed when it came to Man Utd backing Mr Ferguson

Cooper sacked at Barrow on 15:23 - Mar 21 with 3179 viewsNewtonDale

Phil Brown has been appointed at Barrow.
I did see him at Dale at the Barrow match on the 12th in the 1907 bar and in the main stand so he was obviously doing some chatting to the Barrow bigwigs at our place.
Cooper sacked at Barrow on 16:00 - Mar 21 with 3127 viewsJames1980

Cooper sacked at Barrow on 15:23 - Mar 21 by NewtonDale

Phil Brown has been appointed at Barrow.
I did see him at Dale at the Barrow match on the 12th in the 1907 bar and in the main stand so he was obviously doing some chatting to the Barrow bigwigs at our place.

Could we have afforded him? would we have wanted him?

Cooper sacked at Barrow on 16:06 - Mar 21 with 3119 viewsNewtonDale

Cooper sacked at Barrow on 16:00 - Mar 21 by James1980

Could we have afforded him? would we have wanted him?

I just saw the article on BBC Sport and remembered that I had seen him.
Not my intention to suggest Dale should have looked at him.
Cooper sacked at Barrow on 16:08 - Mar 21 with 3107 viewsJames1980

Cooper sacked at Barrow on 16:06 - Mar 21 by NewtonDale

I just saw the article on BBC Sport and remembered that I had seen him.
Not my intention to suggest Dale should have looked at him.

Just throwing the question out there that's all. 😀

Cooper sacked at Barrow on 16:14 - Mar 21 with 3097 viewsNewtonDale

Cooper sacked at Barrow on 16:08 - Mar 21 by James1980

Just throwing the question out there that's all. 😀

He can't have been on too much of a wage at Southend all those times he kept going back.
Also didn't he have them in Non League at one point?
Barrow surely can't pay over the odds either.
I was looking at the BBC article to see if Josh Lillis was going to be given a go.
Cooper sacked at Barrow on 17:40 - Mar 21 with 2969 viewsjonahwhereru

Cooper sacked at Barrow on 16:14 - Mar 21 by NewtonDale

He can't have been on too much of a wage at Southend all those times he kept going back.
Also didn't he have them in Non League at one point?
Barrow surely can't pay over the odds either.
I was looking at the BBC article to see if Josh Lillis was going to be given a go.

I live in Southend and the club is a testament as why you should never have an owner of a club. Brown inherited loads of issues, including transfer embargo’s. Having said that the answer to the earlier question is a resounding No we wouldn’t have wanted him.

I’ll take what we have for now thanks.
Cooper sacked at Barrow on 18:22 - Mar 21 with 2912 viewsJames1980

Cooper sacked at Barrow on 17:40 - Mar 21 by jonahwhereru

I live in Southend and the club is a testament as why you should never have an owner of a club. Brown inherited loads of issues, including transfer embargo’s. Having said that the answer to the earlier question is a resounding No we wouldn’t have wanted him.

I’ll take what we have for now thanks.

Thank you for the update. Interesting how his stock has fallen over the years since his days of taking Hull to the promised land.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024