Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trillions, Toys, Munto and Morton 00:24 - Mar 21 with 2765 viewsSandyman

This is a fascinating, and relevant listen - 6 audio episodes describing the Munto times at Notts County, something we were all too familiar with back in the 2009-10 promotion campaign.

Link to all 6 Episodes here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09k7ctp/episodes/player

Ep. 1 - Notts County sold a pup by smooth talkers.

Ep. 2 - "Journalists begin to pick away at the façade and what they uncover makes for uncomfortable reading." At RAFC, fans pick away at the façade and what they uncover makes for uncomfortable reading. Somebody from the toy business living of the fat of the land in his own self-interest? Parallels? How ironic that the mind behind the Notts takeover was someone from the toy industry who left a trail of disaster in his wake. "Fraudsters persuade people to lie for them" .. clip from 13:52 screams Morton House, whoever they are.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bq3g5x

So the series continues. It gets much worse as we know.

It also has to be said that Munto put up a convincing front to get fans onboard.
Morton have done the absolute opposite - utterly unconvincing claims and absolutely cack-handed behaviour, especially online, that has ensured there is not one Dale fan who believes one iota of their implausible nonsense. They can't even understand the most basic of EFL rules where a takeover is attempted. They ran away when the EFL began to investigate. With an implausible nonsense now fronting them, they are attempting to bully RAFC to get money back from their foolish, unconvincing attempt at "investment" that has gone horrendously wrong, and will go even further wrong as the EFL investigate. High Court action against individuals to try and bully them will never win - the Dale community, the football community, the EFL will not allow it.

How impressive that our fans, shareholders and current directors have seen through Faical Soufane's Morton House. Notts, as bury, let the fraudsters in. We have done everything to keep the questionable out. We stay fan owned or cease to exist. We may find a guardian angel to put loads of money in for real one day. Until then, we as fans must remain in control.

Agreed it's grim on the pitch right now, but the fight off the pitch must carry on with the solidarity we've all shown so far. As I think 49th season quoted recently, "the darkest hour comes before the dawn". We're getting there. The future of the club comes first last and always.

#UTDNFS
Trillions, Toys, Munto and Morton on 10:24 - Mar 21 with 2543 views49thseason

Interesting that you found all that, at weekend I was watching a YouTube vid about the Notts fiasco. Notably the EFL had nothing to say about the whole charade. Either they didnt understand what went on or decided not to get involved. The parallels with our current situation are shocking

[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 10:32]
Trillions, Toys, Munto and Morton on 10:26 - Mar 21 with 2538 viewsmikehunt

I was pondering the threat of points deductions, because this is something that the EFL has meted out to other clubs, regardless of the fact that the initial wrong-doers are no longer at the club.
So, I get that precedents have been set but I would hope our situation is somewhat different, in so far as we have never had the benefits of this rogue money: let alone seen any of it. I hope the EFL take this into consideration in their final reckoning.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Trillions, Toys, Munto and Morton on 10:44 - Mar 21 with 2485 viewsBlueMessiah

Trillions, Toys, Munto and Morton on 10:26 - Mar 21 by mikehunt

I was pondering the threat of points deductions, because this is something that the EFL has meted out to other clubs, regardless of the fact that the initial wrong-doers are no longer at the club.
So, I get that precedents have been set but I would hope our situation is somewhat different, in so far as we have never had the benefits of this rogue money: let alone seen any of it. I hope the EFL take this into consideration in their final reckoning.

Do we have any idea when this Independent Disciplinary Commission is likely to convene and mete out whatever punishment is coming our way?

I’d like to think that if they operate to similar timescales as the EFL then in the unlikely event of a points deduction, that it might be too late to be applied this season.

Poll: Do I Know You?

Trillions, Toys, Munto and Morton on 10:57 - Mar 21 with 2459 views49thseason

Trillions, Toys, Munto and Morton on 10:26 - Mar 21 by mikehunt

The EFL is a strange organisation in that it has rules which simply dont come close to covering our current problems, I get the impression that the law of the land and EFL rules are in conflict, as are the Club's Articles of Association.

Much of what the EFL will consider will revolve around " relevant people" Bottom and Rawlinson are relevant people in that they were football insiders, Kilpatrick had resigned, but the Morton lot hadn't become football insiders as their shareholding wasn't legally transferred to then via the shareholders register. So how were they supposed to take the OADT? Is the cart before the horse or is the horse in front of the cart?
Now some of the Morton shares at least are supposed to be in the hands of a former "insider" Southall. but again, how can any shares have been legally transferred since MH didnt legally have them transferred from their original owners despits seemingly having paid for them.. surely they should be suing their solicitors for handing out the cash before the transfer took place?
God knows how this will unravel. The EFL will want to blame someone of that I have no doubt, otherwise their OADT falls further into disrepute and that could spell disaster for them. Bottom is the only real target as Rawlinson has been removed.
Trillions, Toys, Munto and Morton on 22:07 - Mar 21 with 2095 viewsdingdangblue

Listened a couple of weeks ago - it's a brilliant listen.

Trillion Dollar Conman podcast by dingdangblue 6 Mar 2022 11:37
Very interesting listen (although I've only just listened to episode 1 so far). The story of the Notts County / Munto debacle.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bq3935#xtor=CS8-1000-[Discovery_Cards]-[Multi_Site]-[GR02]-[PS_SOUNDS~N~~P_TrillionDollarConman]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Trillions, Toys, Munto and Morton on 12:50 - Mar 22 with 1876 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Trillions, Toys, Munto and Morton on 10:24 - Mar 21 by 49thseason

Interesting that you found all that, at weekend I was watching a YouTube vid about the Notts fiasco. Notably the EFL had nothing to say about the whole charade. Either they didnt understand what went on or decided not to get involved. The parallels with our current situation are shocking

[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 10:32]

I don’t “believe” that you were “watching” YouTube.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024