Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Queen Concert thingy.. 18:21 - Apr 21 with 10486 views49thseason

Is anyone planning to go?
It seems like a great idea to use the ground between the end of the season and the start of the annual pitch renovation. It would be a shame if it wasn't well supported but I haven'tseen or heard much about it anywhere except on the Clubs website.

Wasn't there a pop concert at the ground once back in the '70s?.... Liquid Gold ??
Queen Concert thingy.. on 17:23 - Apr 22 with 3770 viewsAtThePeake

Queen Concert thingy.. on 16:51 - Apr 22 by Sandyman

Before Rana etc jumped on the bandwagon, this was circulated, anonymously, to houses near the ground. Someone seems almost hysterical about it!

I honestly just feel so sorry for whoever created this.

Tangled up in blue.

Queen Concert thingy.. on 17:39 - Apr 22 with 3709 viewsChaffRAFC

Queen Concert thingy.. on 19:02 - Apr 21 by TVOS1907

Killerjoy Queens?

Good God!

Get on your biiiiiiicycle!

Everyone at the club is working hard on maximising potential revenue streams. They all have One Vision that the club can be a huge asset to the community as well as just a football club yet All We Hear Is, Radio Rana.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Queen Concert thingy.. on 17:41 - Apr 22 with 3706 viewsJames1980

How many other football stadiums are in residential areas and also get used for concerts?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2022 17:42]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Queen Concert thingy.. on 17:48 - Apr 22 with 3684 views442Dale

Apart from the music being a bit louder than a usual game, what’s the problem here? It’s no bigger in terms of attendance than a very good home crowd (if they get 4000 it’ll be a massive success and that’s hardly huge for the stadium) and all associated activities like parking etc would be the same as a game. Probably less crowd issues as well for a Queen gig than the sort of people who made up part of Hartlepool’s following last week as well.

On the parking, more can be used than on a match day at the ground as well you’d think, plus they can be directed to use Oulder Hill.

If you live near a football ground, crowds have to be an acceptable situation. Comes with the territory, literally.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Queen Concert thingy.. on 18:07 - Apr 22 with 3646 viewsR17ALE

Surely if everybody is getting pissed they won't be driving so they can't have it both ways.

Or:

They should add a line to their propaganda, "Do you want thousands of hooligans drink driving and running over your kids as they try to get to sleep upstairs wearing ear plugs at the crack of dawn?"

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Queen Concert thingy.. on 18:14 - Apr 22 with 3627 viewsHullDale

Both Iram Faisal & Faisal Rana have pro-RAFC content on their timelines in the last couple of weeks - one related to school activities at the club and one related to what looks like a Ramadan event at the club.

@CllrFaisalRana
@CllrIramfaisal

I'd love to know where the mismatch in attitude comes from... all about winning votes I think.
Queen Concert thingy.. on 18:16 - Apr 22 with 3626 viewsjudd

Queen Concert thingy.. on 17:23 - Apr 22 by AtThePeake

I honestly just feel so sorry for whoever created this.

THOUSANDS of people parked outside your home.

It's not fookin' Tesco, ffs.

Hysterical claptrap with its' roots in Worsley, methinks.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Queen Concert thingy.. on 18:21 - Apr 22 with 3608 viewsEllDale

At first glance that flyer doesn’t have a name or address anywhere to suggest who published it.
I’m not sure if that’s legal or not?
The only name at the bottom is that of Neil Emmott and I’m not sure that I’d be happy if I was him as it could be confusingly be interpreted as being circulated by him. Which it isn’t.
Might email myself and ask him.
Login to get fewer ads

Queen Concert thingy.. on 12:28 - Apr 29 with 3033 viewsrafc1977

Event cancelled (official line is postponed until 2023) and reasons given were opposition from local residents. What an absolute shame for the club, local businesses & people wanting to go. But also for other events the club may have had in mind in the future.
Queen Concert thingy.. on 12:42 - Apr 29 with 3004 viewsgolfaduffy

Absolute own goal by the people who thought they might win a few votes by opposing it.

Will not vote Labour now. Hope others do the same.
Queen Concert thingy.. on 12:49 - Apr 29 with 2990 viewselectricblue

Proves a point that the locals and the Council are not interested in RAFC....

The negativity won the day......
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 19:36]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Queen Concert thingy.. on 12:54 - Apr 29 with 2964 viewsZac_B

2500 people at a Queen tribute act having a few drinks is bad, but 3500 people coming from Bristol and potentially drinking is fine? Right, ok then...
Queen Concert thingy.. on 13:00 - Apr 29 with 2945 viewsjudd

Queen Concert thingy.. on 12:42 - Apr 29 by golfaduffy

Absolute own goal by the people who thought they might win a few votes by opposing it.

Will not vote Labour now. Hope others do the same.

Ah, come on now. Their sense of civic duty has surely ensured that a rancid crowd of middle aged followers of 70's & 80's middle of the road supermarket music tribute acts do not engage in drunken and drug-induced debauchery, prevented a tsunami of lager-fuelled urination contests along Wilbutts Lane and public copulation by dogging couples that these rock acts regularly induce.

Perhaps the only downside is the negative economic impact on those street dealers who were licking their lips at the prospect of shifting their snap bags of marching powder to the ravenous hordes who will now be sat at home watching Strictly instead.

Queen Concert thingy.. on 16:14 - Apr 29 with 2754 viewsrafc1977

Queen Concert thingy.. on 13:00 - Apr 29 by judd

Ah, come on now. Their sense of civic duty has surely ensured that a rancid crowd of middle aged followers of 70's & 80's middle of the road supermarket music tribute acts do not engage in drunken and drug-induced debauchery, prevented a tsunami of lager-fuelled urination contests along Wilbutts Lane and public copulation by dogging couples that these rock acts regularly induce.

Perhaps the only downside is the negative economic impact on those street dealers who were licking their lips at the prospect of shifting their snap bags of marching powder to the ravenous hordes who will now be sat at home watching Strictly instead.

Sounds a right good concert that Judd

Where do I get my ticket for such a shindig
Queen Concert thingy.. on 17:16 - Apr 29 with 2678 viewsjudd

Queen Concert thingy.. on 16:14 - Apr 29 by rafc1977

Sounds a right good concert that Judd

Where do I get my ticket for such a shindig

Catholic Club tomorrow night, or there's a matinee performance at John Bright's nursery Monday afternoon.

Queen Concert thingy.. on 17:18 - Apr 29 with 2672 viewsDaley_Lama

Queen Concert thingy.. on 12:28 - Apr 29 by rafc1977

Event cancelled (official line is postponed until 2023) and reasons given were opposition from local residents. What an absolute shame for the club, local businesses & people wanting to go. But also for other events the club may have had in mind in the future.

Where has this been announced, please?

Can’t see on website, facebook, twitter etc

Poll: DF in or out

Queen Concert thingy.. on 17:20 - Apr 29 with 2667 viewsjudd

Queen Concert thingy.. on 17:18 - Apr 29 by Daley_Lama

Where has this been announced, please?

Can’t see on website, facebook, twitter etc

I know some of the junkies, erm, ticket holders have been contacted stating it has been postponed until next year, giving chance to consult with residents.

Queen Concert thingy.. on 18:11 - Apr 29 with 2614 viewsDaley_Lama

Queen Concert thingy.. on 17:20 - Apr 29 by judd

I know some of the junkies, erm, ticket holders have been contacted stating it has been postponed until next year, giving chance to consult with residents.

Bah, was rather looking forward to that.

Hey-ho. it's not me living near the ground so not my place to moan about NIMBY's. Won't be the queens jubilee next year though so, which was kinda the whole point.

Not had any comms myself as a ticket holding junkie, unless i deleted it in a purple haze.

Queen Concert thingy.. on 19:45 - Apr 29 with 2480 viewsjudd

Queen Concert thingy.. on 18:11 - Apr 29 by Daley_Lama

Hey-ho. it's not me living near the ground so not my place to moan about NIMBY's. Won't be the queens jubilee next year though so, which was kinda the whole point.

Not had any comms myself as a ticket holding junkie, unless i deleted it in a purple haze.

Can't you have a word with your new buddies at Windsor?

Queen Concert thingy.. on 20:53 - Apr 29 with 2405 viewsDaley_Lama

Queen Concert thingy.. on 19:45 - Apr 29 by judd

Can't you have a word with your new buddies at Windsor?

Will do my best and get back to you.

Queen Concert thingy.. on 20:58 - Apr 29 with 2401 viewsjudd

Queen Concert thingy.. on 20:53 - Apr 29 by Daley_Lama

Will do my best and get back to you.

One would be ever so ever so grateful

Queen Concert thingy.. on 23:16 - Apr 29 with 2289 views49thseason

Queen Concert thingy.. on 18:11 - Apr 29 by Daley_Lama

Seems like there is a concerted effort to stop people parking around Spotland. There is a flashing sign on the dual carriageway out of Littleborough saying people should go to the match by walking or on the bus! If the Council are so bothered, they should provide land on Kingsway business park for a new stadium and let Rochdale sell the ground at Spotland for housing and to build a new stadium with a training facility next door and a 2000 vehicle car park. Then again there are elections next week so we wont hear anymore about it for 12 months...
Queen Concert thingy.. on 14:47 - May 3 with 1924 viewsSandyman

After the folly of Labour councillors in Spotland, the Lib Dem challengers appear equally as clueless. Leaflet received today from them contains this humungous cock-up -

Queen Concert thingy.. on 17:51 - May 3 with 1713 viewsJames1980

Queen Concert thingy.. on 14:47 - May 3 by Sandyman

After the folly of Labour councillors in Spotland, the Lib Dem challengers appear equally as clueless. Leaflet received today from them contains this humungous cock-up -

I didn't realise there was a Rochdale Athletic which league do they play in?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Queen Concert thingy.. on 18:12 - May 3 with 1683 viewsgolfaduffy

Queen Concert thingy.. on 14:47 - May 3 by Sandyman

Jeez. Labour first (still think it's cheap vote winning by a few clueless idiot candidates) and now LD's who don't know what we are called.

Pathetic. But it highlights how stupid local politicians are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024