Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Queen Concert thingy.. 18:21 - Apr 21 with 10270 views49thseason

Is anyone planning to go?
It seems like a great idea to use the ground between the end of the season and the start of the annual pitch renovation. It would be a shame if it wasn't well supported but I haven'tseen or heard much about it anywhere except on the Clubs website.

Wasn't there a pop concert at the ground once back in the '70s?.... Liquid Gold ??
Queen Concert thingy.. on 18:23 - Apr 21 with 5045 viewsisitme

The prospective Labour candidates are kicking off about it.
Queen Concert thingy.. on 19:02 - Apr 21 with 4977 viewsTVOS1907

Queen Concert thingy.. on 18:23 - Apr 21 by isitme

Killerjoy Queens?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Queen Concert thingy.. on 19:21 - Apr 21 with 4926 viewsJames1980

Queen Concert thingy.. on 18:23 - Apr 21 by isitme

Why? Seems a ridiculous thing for any political candidate to be against.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Queen Concert thingy.. on 19:21 - Apr 21 with 4922 viewsDaleiLama

Queen Concert thingy.. on 19:02 - Apr 21 by TVOS1907

Killerjoy Queens?

The show must go on surely?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Queen Concert thingy.. on 19:22 - Apr 21 with 4917 views49thseason

Queen Concert thingy.. on 19:02 - Apr 21 by TVOS1907

Killerjoy Queens?

Noise or parking?
No doubt they were getting complaints at 3AM when the police exploded a "device" on Dane Street this morning?

Parking-wise, they could perhaps use the car park on Bridgefold Road near Rochdale Sports Club, the Lacrosse Club will be using it this weekend for the Northern Flags Finals and expecting 1000+ spectators over the weekend. There are various finals over Saturday and Sunday. I think its why the Dale have been training at the Stadium recently.
Queen Concert thingy.. on 21:08 - Apr 21 with 4719 viewsisitme

Queen Concert thingy.. on 19:22 - Apr 21 by 49thseason

Noise or parking?
No doubt they were getting complaints at 3AM when the police exploded a "device" on Dane Street this morning?

Parking-wise, they could perhaps use the car park on Bridgefold Road near Rochdale Sports Club, the Lacrosse Club will be using it this weekend for the Northern Flags Finals and expecting 1000+ spectators over the weekend. There are various finals over Saturday and Sunday. I think its why the Dale have been training at the Stadium recently.

Noise. Alcohol and Traffic.

I suspect they will have to finish by 10 ish anyway, which as a one off on a Saturday night is not too much of an imposition really.
Queen Concert thingy.. on 21:42 - Apr 21 with 4661 views100notout

I wonder how many they are hoping for / expecting?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Queen Concert thingy.. on 21:58 - Apr 21 with 4622 viewsleedsdale

Queen Concert thingy.. on 21:42 - Apr 21 by 100notout

I wonder how many they are hoping for / expecting?

I heard that the only stand that will be open will be the Pearl St and the stage will be facing it. Not sure what that means for a maximum capacity - maybe 2500?
Login to get fewer ads

Queen Concert thingy.. on 22:03 - Apr 21 with 4613 viewsRAFCBLUE

Queen Concert thingy.. on 21:58 - Apr 21 by leedsdale

I heard that the only stand that will be open will be the Pearl St and the stage will be facing it. Not sure what that means for a maximum capacity - maybe 2500?

https://www.rafcshop.co.uk/tickets/events

This shows the layout of the seating/stage - its the Pearl Street stand with a standing area on the pitch in front of the Pearl Street and in front of the stage.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2022 22:10]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Queen Concert thingy.. on 22:05 - Apr 21 with 4610 views100notout

Queen Concert thingy.. on 21:58 - Apr 21 by leedsdale

Think there is standing on the pitch as well so may be more

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Queen Concert thingy.. on 13:24 - Apr 22 with 4336 viewsNigeriamark

The indoor function room used to get a few known bands there. In March 1976 Motorhead played there - bet that was loud !!
Queen Concert thingy.. on 13:55 - Apr 22 with 4296 viewsSandyman

Queen Concert thingy.. on 13:24 - Apr 22 by Nigeriamark

The indoor function room used to get a few known bands there. In March 1976 Motorhead played there - bet that was loud !!

Aye, held in the old social club, now Ratcliffes.

Queen Concert thingy.. on 14:14 - Apr 22 with 4258 viewsHullDale

I've seen this doing the rounds on social media...

Aside from the plentiful grammar and formatting errors, its a shame these Labour councillors have chosen to fight against an event that will raise money for the football club (& for the local economy, leisure and night-time specifically have taken a battering since 2020) instead of supporting it.

Where have they been whilst we have been fighting for a year to keep professional football in the town?

Is it just this event the councillors have an issue with? Or will they be fighting against the 'Feel Good Festival' as its been moved closer to the Seven Sisters? Or street parties for the upcoming jubilee?

Its a shame if they are just seeing this as a quick vote winner - especially as (at a guess) there will be less than 50/60 households who have concerns. If word spreads amongst Dale fans this could do their campaign more harm than good.
Queen Concert thingy.. on 14:25 - Apr 22 with 4236 viewsR17ALE

Queen Concert thingy.. on 14:14 - Apr 22 by HullDale

Aside from the plentiful grammar and formatting errors, its a shame these Labour councillors have chosen to fight against an event that will raise money for the football club (& for the local economy, leisure and night-time specifically have taken a battering since 2020) instead of supporting it.

Where have they been whilst we have been fighting for a year to keep professional football in the town?

Is it just this event the councillors have an issue with? Or will they be fighting against the 'Feel Good Festival' as its been moved closer to the Seven Sisters? Or street parties for the upcoming jubilee?

Its a shame if they are just seeing this as a quick vote winner - especially as (at a guess) there will be less than 50/60 households who have concerns. If word spreads amongst Dale fans this could do their campaign more harm than good.

Who knew that if you buy/rent a house near a football ground there might be occasions when it gets busy, noisy and there's increased traffic?

On the plus side, the electioneers are doing a great job of advertising this event for free. Top stuff.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Queen Concert thingy.. on 14:26 - Apr 22 with 4235 viewsjudd

Queen Concert thingy.. on 14:14 - Apr 22 by HullDale

They're under pressure to win votes.

The stadium hosts evening events where loud music is played, where the attendees engage in loud singing and cheering, anywhere between 1,500 and 5 or 6,000 attending, cars are used to get to the stadium, the bars are serving alcohol. The hosting of football and rugby matches at the stadium increases the possibility of public order offences, but this is a Queen tribute act, not renowned for an increase in street dealing or drive-by shootings.

I wouldn't vote for these wastrels but my mate Brian may.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Queen Concert thingy.. on 14:42 - Apr 22 with 4186 views49thseason

3 of the 5 out of six councillors who couldnt be arsed to answer my email about supporting a bid for an all-weather pitch at the Lacrosse Club. Its almost as if being a councillor is a lifestyle choice for all but the fortnight before an election when they seem to suddenly emerge from whatever stone they hide under.

This is just virtue signalling. And they wonder why the numbers who bother to vote at all are falling.
Queen Concert thingy.. on 14:44 - Apr 22 with 4182 viewsSandyman

Typical self-serving nonsense from "two votes" Rana.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/councillor-

Thinks he / they can get votes by having a dig at RAFC, but happy to have a photo opportunity at the club when it suits:

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/141978/defibrill
Queen Concert thingy.. on 14:44 - Apr 22 with 4182 viewsrafc1977

I hope it goes ahead I have sold the idea to family and friends and have bought 18 tickets!

The minute we try and do something positive, generate our own income, help the local ecomony (Cricket club, Reform Club, Cem, Chippy, Woodfired Pizza, Chinese, Off Licences, and and and) the over zealous Labour Coucillors try to spoil it.

If It doesnt go ahead it'll be a shame.
Queen Concert thingy.. on 14:48 - Apr 22 with 4173 viewsjudd

Queen Concert thingy.. on 14:44 - Apr 22 by rafc1977

I hope it goes ahead I have sold the idea to family and friends and have bought 18 tickets!

The minute we try and do something positive, generate our own income, help the local ecomony (Cricket club, Reform Club, Cem, Chippy, Woodfired Pizza, Chinese, Off Licences, and and and) the over zealous Labour Coucillors try to spoil it.

If It doesnt go ahead it'll be a shame.

The show must go on.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Queen Concert thingy.. on 14:56 - Apr 22 with 4141 viewsRAFCBLUE

Queen Concert thingy.. on 14:44 - Apr 22 by Sandyman

Typical self-serving nonsense from "two votes" Rana.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/councillor-

Thinks he / they can get votes by having a dig at RAFC, but happy to have a photo opportunity at the club when it suits:

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/141978/defibrill

You have thought that with all of the various social and economic issues in Rochdale and their priority, local councilors or prospective local councilors would actively trying to support a local business that generates employment and supports local supply chains.

The last financial accounts showed that the club employs 122 people; exclude players you would think a lot of the remaining number are engaged in hospitality related work supporting the club.

It's a bit thick to think that those 122 people and their families might now not vote for you as you are actively persecuting their livelihoods.

Very short sighted IMO.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2022 15:07]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Queen Concert thingy.. on 15:17 - Apr 22 with 4106 viewsNigeriamark

Queen Concert thingy.. on 13:55 - Apr 22 by Sandyman

Aye, held in the old social club, now Ratcliffes.

OOPs 2 years out. Remember I couldn't afford it when asked at the time even though they were one of my favorite bands

Edit: Motorhead tour site says March 1976 & doesn't have any date in 1978.so either they are wrong or the ticket you had was a misprint or they did an additional date in 1978 that wasn't recorded. https://imotorhead.com/tours/?whichYear=1976
[Post edited 22 Apr 2022 15:26]
Queen Concert thingy.. on 16:02 - Apr 22 with 4016 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Queen Concert thingy.. on 14:25 - Apr 22 by R17ALE

Who knew that if you buy/rent a house near a football ground there might be occasions when it gets busy, noisy and there's increased traffic?

On the plus side, the electioneers are doing a great job of advertising this event for free. Top stuff.

"At a time when most respectable people are going to bed"

Is the lawbreaking Rana trying to suggest that people attending the event are not respectable? And plenty of people on a Saturday go to bed later than that. What absolute pillocks.

Edit meant to reply to the post that had the defamatory leaflet. Maybe someone can complain about that.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2022 16:04]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Queen Concert thingy.. on 16:51 - Apr 22 with 3916 viewsSandyman

Before Rana etc jumped on the bandwagon, this was circulated, anonymously, to houses near the ground. Someone seems almost hysterical about it!

Queen Concert thingy.. on 16:56 - Apr 22 with 3911 viewsJames1980

Queen Concert thingy.. on 16:51 - Apr 22 by Sandyman

Before Rana etc jumped on the bandwagon, this was circulated, anonymously, to houses near the ground. Someone seems almost hysterical about it!

Now who would possibly want an event that will financially benefit Rochdale AFC to not go ahead?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Queen Concert thingy.. on 17:16 - Apr 22 with 3877 viewsisitme

Queen Concert thingy.. on 16:51 - Apr 22 by Sandyman

I haven't received that one, although I got the other one. I wonder if the first one was more targeted?

I've often thought if councils added together all the allowances whether you could have one paid full time position per ward. That way there is more of an incentive for them to be at be active in the community and actually get things done. You would also get a better standard of candidate as currently it is difficult to have a full time job and be on the council. You may also get more independents who care about their local area rather than a party line. Up and down the country there will be so many useless councillors.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2022 17:24]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024