Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Notice of EGM 16:14 - May 4 with 5814 viewsjudd

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/may/egm_may2022/

Poll: What is it to be then?

Notice of EGM on 16:15 - May 4 with 5799 viewsNewbury_Dale

What are the implications of the second point ? The wording makes it hard to understand. Is it good or bad news ?
Notice of EGM on 16:17 - May 4 with 5791 viewsDale_4_Life

This is a lot to discuss!! The board and trust HAVE to get this one right!
Notice of EGM on 16:20 - May 4 with 5779 viewsjudd

Notice of EGM on 16:15 - May 4 by Newbury_Dale

What are the implications of the second point ? The wording makes it hard to understand. Is it good or bad news ?

Looks to me like the football club are formally taking control over the group, as opposed to it being Denehurst Park as the main player.

Makes absolute sense to me if that is the case.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Notice of EGM on 17:59 - May 4 with 5495 viewsSandyman

Notice of EGM on 16:20 - May 4 by judd

Looks to me like the football club are formally taking control over the group, as opposed to it being Denehurst Park as the main player.

Aye - It reads like a good housekeeping exercise. Not much need for the Denehurst Park company these days.
Notice of EGM on 18:00 - May 4 with 5492 views100notout

Notice of EGM on 16:20 - May 4 by judd

yeah - nothing to worry about imho. Just a simple transfer of assets and liabilities following a corporate restructure

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Notice of EGM on 18:16 - May 4 with 5410 viewsboromat

How about the EV lease? Any thoughts or insights?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Notice of EGM on 18:29 - May 4 with 5379 viewsRAFCBLUE

Notice of EGM on 18:16 - May 4 by boromat

How about the EV lease? Any thoughts or insights?

BE.EV do electric car charging. Probably means a couple of charging points are going to be installed at the club.

https://be-ev.co.uk/about-us/

ABOUT US

Be.EV is the largest EV charging network across Greater Manchester, and are expanding at pace across the north of England in order to make charging simple, reliable and effortless.

We work closely with the communities in which we operate and were appointed by TfGM in 2019 to grow and maintain the city-region’s publicly owned EV charging network. This included a major upgrade of the existing network as well as the delivery of additional public and private funded chargers. Our mission is to give all drivers what they want: more chargers, in more places that they can access more easily and more cost-effectively.

With 140 charging points in place, we are actively working with ambitious developers and local authorities across Greater Manchester and the wider region to secure additional sites in 2022 and to build a network of over 1000 chargers across the North of England. This will include developing exciting ‘On The Go’ Green Oasis Hubs as well as destination charging that bring genuine benefits to everyone in the region.

We want to disrupt the status quo and to play our part in responsibly transforming infrastructure across the UK by providing a fully operational and integrated charging network, wherever there is demand.
Clean, convenient and community-led

We are ambitious and aim to make a genuine difference by driving positive social value in the communities we serve. Our mission is to provide uniquely simple, seamless and effortless vehicle charging experiences for all, irrespective of area or affluence, and to work with local communities, businesses and partners to improve and enhance EV charging access. We aim to leave no area behind and ensure the choice of switching to electric is one that is available to all.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Notice of EGM on 18:48 - May 4 with 5311 viewsYorkshire_Dale

EV charging must be a huge development opportunity as the market expands, so good on the Club to get stuck in.

That said, the EV points I know already don't seem to be in much use atm?
Login to get fewer ads

Notice of EGM on 18:57 - May 4 with 5282 viewsD_Alien

The meeting might also be seen as an opportunity to reflect on the journey the club has been on, coming nigh on 12 months from the EGM of 1 June 2021

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Notice of EGM on 19:37 - May 4 with 5165 viewsboromat

Notice of EGM on 18:48 - May 4 by Yorkshire_Dale

EV charging must be a huge development opportunity as the market expands, so good on the Club to get stuck in.

That said, the EV points I know already don't seem to be in much use atm?

I think it's very much a chicken and egg situation people are reluctant to buy EVs because of the lack of public chargers. If the club can profit from allowing some to be installed on the car park then great. And I'm sure we won't be losing use of the car park on match day or anything ridiculous like that.

One strange thought is if they are for public use we may have to decommission the bottomley barrier (what a waste of money).

Notice of EGM on 22:50 - May 4 with 4822 views49thseason

Notice of EGM on 19:37 - May 4 by boromat

I think it's very much a chicken and egg situation people are reluctant to buy EVs because of the lack of public chargers. If the club can profit from allowing some to be installed on the car park then great. And I'm sure we won't be losing use of the car park on match day or anything ridiculous like that.

One strange thought is if they are for public use we may have to decommission the bottomley barrier (what a waste of money).

Two good moves, I haven' t seen the point of Denehurst Park Ltd since it became a subsidiary of the main company. The charging points will attract passive income 365 days a year, rather like the mobile phone towers, maybe fans will be able to book them in advance for recharging during matches. Handy for visiting fans with EVs too. Spooky that I mentioned charging points in the "gasheads taking over " thread on the 29th April.. "Similarly we could install some electric vehicle charging points and get some revenue from them"..... just need to turn the Ratcliffe into a takeaway now! Or maybe just use the kitchen in there as a delivery-only kitchen. (some places are turning over £40k a week doing this).
Notice of EGM on 23:54 - May 4 with 4725 viewspioneer

Always interested to see how the (necessary) legal mumbo jumbo leads to things like the wording of the second resolution. Guessing there must be about 60 words in the single sentence.

Thats what makes Lawyers well off I suppose.
Notice of EGM on 08:00 - May 5 with 4498 viewsscooby

Being an EV owner, the charger is a potential source of income, and makes Rochdale more appealing to visiting fans (although i expect the fact they cant get on the club carpark ruins this, so it will be to enable a green move by the club).

Hopefully they will not go for the 7.5kw versions that are all over Rochdale (there are many accessible if you know how to look for them) as these feel a little pointless already and charge at just 32mph and only any good for overnight charging (unlike the Tesla superchargers which can do a full 350mile charge in less than an hour, AND you can charge a premium...).
Notice of EGM on 09:04 - May 5 with 4415 viewsboromat

Notice of EGM on 08:00 - May 5 by scooby

Being an EV owner, the charger is a potential source of income, and makes Rochdale more appealing to visiting fans (although i expect the fact they cant get on the club carpark ruins this, so it will be to enable a green move by the club).

Hopefully they will not go for the 7.5kw versions that are all over Rochdale (there are many accessible if you know how to look for them) as these feel a little pointless already and charge at just 32mph and only any good for overnight charging (unlike the Tesla superchargers which can do a full 350mile charge in less than an hour, AND you can charge a premium...).

Maybe I'm reading it wrong and it obviously comes down to the terms of the deal but I imagine we will receive a rental fee of some kind and it's the EV company that will install the chargers and make any money off them over the 12 years.

Notice of EGM on 09:53 - May 5 with 4342 views1949er

EV chargers on Rochdale bus station. Only problem it’s always full of parked cars.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Notice of EGM on 11:26 - May 5 with 4208 views49thseason

Notice of EGM on 09:04 - May 5 by boromat

Maybe I'm reading it wrong and it obviously comes down to the terms of the deal but I imagine we will receive a rental fee of some kind and it's the EV company that will install the chargers and make any money off them over the 12 years.

There are lots of options, I think some places are getting rental money on the space and a royalty on the usage. It seems they are more profitable than selling petrol. https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/bp-car-chargers-overtake-pumps-profitabi

Having a cafe / shop selling drinks and food alongside the chargers would seem to be a smart move, it will be interesting to see their daily usage figures.
Notice of EGM on 19:00 - May 5 with 3780 viewsnordenblue

Notice of EGM on 11:26 - May 5 by 49thseason

There are lots of options, I think some places are getting rental money on the space and a royalty on the usage. It seems they are more profitable than selling petrol. https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/bp-car-chargers-overtake-pumps-profitabi

Having a cafe / shop selling drinks and food alongside the chargers would seem to be a smart move, it will be interesting to see their daily usage figures.

Is there actually any need for these chargers apart from appearing to be buying into the whole "green" fallacy for the club, with something like 98% of current vehicles not electric its a tiny tiny market to aim at.
Notice of EGM on 21:37 - May 5 with 3581 views49thseason

Notice of EGM on 19:00 - May 5 by nordenblue

Is there actually any need for these chargers apart from appearing to be buying into the whole "green" fallacy for the club, with something like 98% of current vehicles not electric its a tiny tiny market to aim at.

Not our problem, there is little risk to the club and a few ££ each year too. I am generally sceptical about the climate debate but I don't see any problem with taking a few quid off those who believe it. I also don't see a problem with generating some of our own electricity with solar panels through a " rent a roof " deal like this charging deal.
The biggest problem regarding EVs is how we will generate enough electricity to supply all the cars vans an lorries that will be electric post 2030. It could get exciting when 100s of thousands of vehicles are sucking power out of the grid 24 hours a day!
GB current demand and supply:
https://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/index.php
Notice of EGM on 11:06 - May 8 with 3024 viewsJames1980

Anyone able to be my proxy?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Notice of EGM on 12:35 - May 8 with 2911 viewspioneer

Notice of EGM on 11:06 - May 8 by James1980

Anyone able to be my proxy?

I expect the Trust will be happy to serve as proxy for shareholder who are unable to attend.
Notice of EGM on 15:52 - May 19 with 2278 viewsRAFCBLUE

Seeing the news about Denise Valarie Courtnell today got me thinking that this EGM on Monday night might all be an elaborate trap set up to see who of interest might turn up at a time where the EFL have levied some disciplinary charges against the club and a number of individuals.

I think no-one really cares about installing a few electric charging points in the car park; they are pretty uncontroversial in the grand scheme of things in 2022, but more interestingly in calling an EGM at the time when the EFL / HMRC are or seem to be doing various investigations might make it more interesting on who might show up.

If you are the EFL/HMRC/police or just normal authorities you might just sit and watch what happens just to see who attends.

I think I am right in saying if Morton House come then they will be breaching EFL rules whilst under investigation so perhaps that is the real motivation. They'd have to fall foul of the "Relevant Person" test from the EFL:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/efl-regulations/appe

I can't see Roger attending!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Notice of EGM on 17:54 - May 19 with 2083 viewsDalenet

Notice of EGM on 15:52 - May 19 by RAFCBLUE

Seeing the news about Denise Valarie Courtnell today got me thinking that this EGM on Monday night might all be an elaborate trap set up to see who of interest might turn up at a time where the EFL have levied some disciplinary charges against the club and a number of individuals.

I think no-one really cares about installing a few electric charging points in the car park; they are pretty uncontroversial in the grand scheme of things in 2022, but more interestingly in calling an EGM at the time when the EFL / HMRC are or seem to be doing various investigations might make it more interesting on who might show up.

If you are the EFL/HMRC/police or just normal authorities you might just sit and watch what happens just to see who attends.

I think I am right in saying if Morton House come then they will be breaching EFL rules whilst under investigation so perhaps that is the real motivation. They'd have to fall foul of the "Relevant Person" test from the EFL:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/efl-regulations/appe

I can't see Roger attending!

Even they won't want the abuse should they turn up. Could they send their solicitor as their proxy? That assumes they really have had the shares transferred and they are entitled to vote - albeit the ownership of those shares has breached the EFL ruling.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024