Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained/Released List 2021/22 17:04 - May 9 with 9391 viewsjs2006

OUT OF CONTRACT PLAYERS TO BE OFFERED NEW DEALS

Max Clark
Stephen Dooley
Eoghan O’Connell
Corey O’Keeffe
Jordan Scanlon
Peter Thomas

OUT OF CONTRACT PLAYERS LEAVING THE CLUB

Joel Coleman
Matty Done
Joe Dunne
Jay Lynch
Alex Newby
Brad Wade

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/may/retainedreleasedlist_21-22/
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:08 - May 9 with 5498 viewsoddjob007

On the fence about Dooley… but overall can’t complain with that.

Would have thought Lynch would have been kept on as no2. Bit of a risk with zero goalkeepers currently!
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:09 - May 9 with 5486 viewsgriff

Most of those leaving will probably end up at our place in Carlisle, knowing the way this roundabout works.

Fancy any of ours:

Players released: Lewis Alessandra, Danny Devine, Mark Howard, Jamie Devitt*, Manasse Mampala, Rod McDonald, Kelvin Mellor and Gime Toure.

*Jamie Devitt will be invited back for pre-season training.
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:11 - May 9 with 5452 viewsSuddenLad

Pretty much what I would have expected really, and had hoped for, though I doubt that O'Keeffe or O'Connell will be here next season.

Much work to be done in the next few weeks and no doubt plans are well underway.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:13 - May 9 with 5422 viewselectricblue

No surprises there.

We all know that O'Connell and O'Keeffe could be heading to pastures new.
Seeing that the wages budget seems to be increased will the above get improved offers from the club, i think so.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:15 - May 9 with 5397 viewsEllDale

Lynch is the shock there for me. Thought he'd done enough to earn another deal as back-up keeper to a new number one.
I wish EOC and COK would sign new deals but I've no doubt their agents are busy on the phones as we speak.
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:18 - May 9 with 5342 viewsboromat

Yes no surprises in there. Lots for the management team to do now regardless of whether the players offered terms sign or not.

Thomas must have some suitors or a keen agent.

Seems a shame for Kacper Mialkowski I think he looked good on the odd occasion we'd seen him in first team games. I know he had a bad injury hope that's not the reason for him not kicking on. Maybe he'll get a chance elsewhere.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:20 - May 9 with 5312 viewsBainesy15

Have I missed something? I thought Odoh and Grant signed 18 month deals in the last January under BBM, making them out of contract this summer?
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:21 - May 9 with 5298 viewsisitme

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:15 - May 9 by EllDale

Lynch is the shock there for me. Thought he'd done enough to earn another deal as back-up keeper to a new number one.
I wish EOC and COK would sign new deals but I've no doubt their agents are busy on the phones as we speak.

I understand your thinking, but why pay a senior keeper to sit on the bench? Kelly can do that. If there is an injury/suspension you can always bring in an emergency loan keeper.

It will be interesting how many of those offered contracts sign them.
Login to get fewer ads

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:22 - May 9 with 5279 viewsboromat

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:08 - May 9 by oddjob007

On the fence about Dooley… but overall can’t complain with that.

Would have thought Lynch would have been kept on as no2. Bit of a risk with zero goalkeepers currently!

Still have Brad Kelly which may be one of the reasons Wade wasn't kept on any longer. I should imagine Wade will sign for Guiseley AFC seems to have had a decent time there.

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:26 - May 9 with 5231 viewsboromat

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:20 - May 9 by Bainesy15

Have I missed something? I thought Odoh and Grant signed 18 month deals in the last January under BBM, making them out of contract this summer?

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/december/contractnews_abrahamodoh/

Odoh extended Dec last year until Summer 23

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/february/conorgrantjoinsdale/

Grant Signed in Feb 21 on a 2 and a half year deal until Summer 23

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:40 - May 9 with 5137 viewsblackdogblue

The curse of the Community Award, wasn’t Peter Vincenti let go when he won it?

I would have kept Done over Dooley, have never rated him..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:42 - May 9 with 5115 viewsBainesy15

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:26 - May 9 by boromat

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/december/contractnews_abrahamodoh/

Odoh extended Dec last year until Summer 23

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/february/conorgrantjoinsdale/

Grant Signed in Feb 21 on a 2 and a half year deal until Summer 23

Thank you! Just me being thick then hahaha
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:43 - May 9 with 5112 viewsEllDale

Not mentioned above but apparently Jim McNulty has signed another one year player-coach contract.
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:43 - May 9 with 5109 viewsIOMDale

Very happy with that list - debatable whether Clark and Dooley deserved offers but I’m happy they’ve been offered them. Dooley might not (ideally) be a starter but he seems a great team player and can offer us some much-needed versatility.

UTDNFS

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:47 - May 9 with 5070 viewsblackdogblue

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:09 - May 9 by griff

Most of those leaving will probably end up at our place in Carlisle, knowing the way this roundabout works.

Fancy any of ours:

Players released: Lewis Alessandra, Danny Devine, Mark Howard, Jamie Devitt*, Manasse Mampala, Rod McDonald, Kelvin Mellor and Gime Toure.

*Jamie Devitt will be invited back for pre-season training.

Why would we want your cast offs 🤷‍♂️

18 Rochdale
19 Harrogate
20. Carlisle

😎

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 18:07 - May 9 with 4932 viewsHullDale

James Ball - Stockdale signing
Ethan Brierley
Tahvon Campbell - Stockdale signing
Luke Charman - Stockdale signing
Sam Graham - Stockdale signing
Conor Grant
Brad Kelly
Liam Kelly - Stockdale signing
Jimmy Keohane
Jim McNulty (player-coach) - Stockdale extension
Abraham Odoh - Stockdale extension
Max Taylor - Stockdale signing
Aidy White - Stockdale signing

Max Clark - Stockdale signing
Stephen Dooley - Stockdale extension
Eoghan O’Connell - Stockdale extension
Corey O’Keeffe - Stockdale signing
Jordan Scanlon - Stockdale extension
Peter Thomas - Stockdale extension

One thing I will say - its remarkable how quickly the squad has become a virtually complete Stockdale squad. In the space of one season and one & a bit summers there will be only 4 players here next season who are under contracts not offered by the new manager.

FWIW I agree with the retained / released list, although I would've liked to see Done in a back room / club role (maybe for sentimental reasons) and wonder if Lynch had done enough for another season as back up. I reckon we'll see 2 or 3 of the loanees back next season either on loan or free transfers, and also think Clark, Dooley, Scanlon & Thomas will sign for next year.
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 18:11 - May 9 with 4884 viewskel

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:21 - May 9 by isitme

I understand your thinking, but why pay a senior keeper to sit on the bench? Kelly can do that. If there is an injury/suspension you can always bring in an emergency loan keeper.

It will be interesting how many of those offered contracts sign them.

Couldn’t agree more, and I know you said the same the other day too. Save of a wage straight away which could easily be allocated elsewhere.
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 18:27 - May 9 with 4786 viewsDaleFan7

The only one I'd be busting a gut to keep would be O'Connell. It wouldn't bother me if the rest of the retained list left for pastures new.

Hopefully we can get some grit and physicality that we have desperately missed this season.
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 20:02 - May 9 with 4367 viewsboromat

Having another look at the list it does feel a little odd after the poor season we've had we've only actually released 3 players (plus 3 keepers).

Heavily reliant on young loan players and a few signings that haven't worked out and are still here. Maybe a couple more may leave during the window and I'm sure not all the offered contracts will get signed.

Hopefully we'll have more of a squad made up of permanent players with loan players as a luxury addition rather than reliant on them.

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 20:24 - May 9 with 4249 viewsTVOS1907

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 20:02 - May 9 by boromat

Having another look at the list it does feel a little odd after the poor season we've had we've only actually released 3 players (plus 3 keepers).

Heavily reliant on young loan players and a few signings that haven't worked out and are still here. Maybe a couple more may leave during the window and I'm sure not all the offered contracts will get signed.

Hopefully we'll have more of a squad made up of permanent players with loan players as a luxury addition rather than reliant on them.

Yes, but don't forget that after his appointment, the manager had less than four weeks before the first league game, so loans were a necessity at that stage.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 20:25 - May 9 with 4248 views49thseason

I think that is just about what most people expected. We are in for another busy summer. I think we might get Broadbent back, I dont know if Dorsett will return but there will not be many others prepared take a chance on him at his Reading salary. O'Connell will be doing some hard thinking if we have put an increased sum on the table. No real surprise for me regarding Lynch, we need a taller keeper in this division, the ball spends far too much time in the air not to, a decent keeper should win you in 10 points a season a least. I also wonder if Grant has an offer to extend his contract for another year to 2024, I think we might get offers for him before next season but a longer contract might push the price up..
With Done and Newby gone I guess we will be looking for a pacey/tricky winger to supply Charman, and we definitely need a midfield enforcer.
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 20:36 - May 9 with 4205 viewsjonahwhereru

I was expecting a big clear out, but in reality given the existing contracts that was never an option.

Could O’Connell stay? If he was reading this site a few weeks ago , then no. However I may be alone in this but I think he likes this club. He is our highest paid player and I think it’s 30/70 he stays.
Surprised by O’Keeffe tbh due to his defensive frailties. I think he might struggle to get a better deal.
Dooley - think there are better recyclers than him, but I can live with him getting another year, provided the wage thief comments don’t start up again. Think Scanlon will sign, and Thomas May become another Hoti, where we only get a payment for developing him, but who knows.
Wade was the most curious bit of business I can remember. A three year deal had me thinking he must be another Bywater, but it’s bye bye without ever getting a chance. Think Lynch could be back before the new season, like Wiseman. However happy enough to have another loanee and Kelly..
The fall of Newby is telling. A frequent starter under BBM in L1, but found out by Stockdale and on his way. I could see him being given a chance by another league club.
Matty Done - thank you for the benefits you have bought to this club. Very rare for us to sell a player twice. He would player anywhere you asked him, and god knows even if several managers didn’t that he was no left back. Very rarely injured and always committed to the cause. Good luck.
Now the silly season starts. How many players will the media link us to. I hope the next recruits are more Ball than Graham.
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 20:47 - May 9 with 4113 viewsboromat

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 20:24 - May 9 by TVOS1907

Yes, but don't forget that after his appointment, the manager had less than four weeks before the first league game, so loans were a necessity at that stage.

Yes definitely wasn't a criticism just an observation. Last summer was definitely a needs must situation.

There were a couple of 2 year contracts given that haven't worked out however. White and Graham come to mind. But maybe they were the best of some poor options we had and 2 year contracts were the only way of getting them over the line. Means they've still got a season to come good but I wouldn't be surprised to see them moved on if possible.

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 20:51 - May 9 with 4078 viewsTVOS1907

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 20:47 - May 9 by boromat

Yes definitely wasn't a criticism just an observation. Last summer was definitely a needs must situation.

There were a couple of 2 year contracts given that haven't worked out however. White and Graham come to mind. But maybe they were the best of some poor options we had and 2 year contracts were the only way of getting them over the line. Means they've still got a season to come good but I wouldn't be surprised to see them moved on if possible.

Me neither

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 21:04 - May 9 with 4010 viewsHullDale

Not released list related specifically, but an interesting table on the minutes given to young players (U23) this season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024