Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stockdale Interview 17:12 - May 10 with 4650 viewsHullDale

Pretty fair and accurate as always I think. Also doesn't sound like a man clearing out his office ahead of a move to Hartlepool!
Stockdale Interview on 17:27 - May 10 with 4580 viewsboromat

Definitely a fair and honest assessment. You get the impression he's going to put everything he can into this preseason. His summer holiday seems pretty low priority.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Stockdale Interview on 18:03 - May 10 with 4462 viewsjonahwhereru

Stockdale Interview on 17:27 - May 10 by boromat

Definitely a fair and honest assessment. You get the impression he's going to put everything he can into this preseason. His summer holiday seems pretty low priority.

You can hear why he got the job. Can believe he interviewed brilliantly.
Stockdale Interview on 18:08 - May 10 with 4452 viewsRAFCBLUE

Stockdale Interview on 17:27 - May 10 by boromat

I think that it true on and off the field that Summer holidays are quite low down the list of priorities.

To think, a year ago we were about to see an attempt to snatch our club off us via an EGM in plain sight.

And when that was foiled the chief plotter went ahead with it anyway.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Stockdale Interview on 19:07 - May 10 with 4275 viewsisitme

Stockdale Interview on 18:08 - May 10 by RAFCBLUE

I think that it true on and off the field that Summer holidays are quite low down the list of priorities.

To think, a year ago we were about to see an attempt to snatch our club off us via an EGM in plain sight.

And when that was foiled the chief plotter went ahead with it anyway.

Key messages about more experience and physicality and having a smaller squad but with more quality over quantity.
Stockdale Interview on 19:22 - May 10 with 4217 viewsmikehunt

I hope he stays. The small squad worries me because the quality players we can afford seem to be, inevitably, injury prone. Get three games out of them then out for two months. Then we have to dip in to the loan market which is not ideal either.
I

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Stockdale Interview on 13:27 - May 11 with 3594 viewsKnavesmireBob

That's a very good interview. And that can only happen if you have someone asking the right questions, so a word of praise for Leighanne too. She's always impressed me behind the camera, comes across really warm and empathetic yet equally not afraid to challenge and probe in areas where others might shy away.

For all the talk of hard working through the summer I really hope RS allows himself some time off too. The football season is a long old slog of mental endurance and he'll make his best decisions through the depths of next winter if he's clear headed and as fresh as possible. Enjoy a couple of weeks on the Cleveland coast Robbie!
Stockdale Interview on 13:32 - May 11 with 3576 viewsD_Alien

Stockdale Interview on 13:27 - May 11 by KnavesmireBob

That's a very good interview. And that can only happen if you have someone asking the right questions, so a word of praise for Leighanne too. She's always impressed me behind the camera, comes across really warm and empathetic yet equally not afraid to challenge and probe in areas where others might shy away.

For all the talk of hard working through the summer I really hope RS allows himself some time off too. The football season is a long old slog of mental endurance and he'll make his best decisions through the depths of next winter if he's clear headed and as fresh as possible. Enjoy a couple of weeks on the Cleveland coast Robbie!

I'll second that

If i were Simon Gauge i'd be telling him to switch off for at least a couple of weeks, and if i were Robbie i'd be saying the same to the players and backroom staff

If he's not jetting off somewhere, then a trip to Redcar races on Monday will do him the world of good!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stockdale Interview on 13:46 - May 11 with 3532 viewsHopwoodblue

Stockdale Interview on 13:32 - May 11 by D_Alien

I'll second that

If i were Simon Gauge i'd be telling him to switch off for at least a couple of weeks, and if i were Robbie i'd be saying the same to the players and backroom staff

If he's not jetting off somewhere, then a trip to Redcar races on Monday will do him the world of good!

As the first league game of next season is the 30th of July it’s not much of a break this summer

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Login to get fewer ads

Stockdale Interview on 14:09 - May 11 with 3481 viewsDaleiLama

Stockdale Interview on 13:27 - May 11 by KnavesmireBob

I'll third that. The emotion on display at season's end was real and palpable. I dare say there were many things contributing to that. The end of his rookie season under his belt, the elusive away win, the reaction of travelling fans to him and the team and probably the biggest factor, survival (though that didn't happen on the last day of the season).

From the post-match interview and this interview, it's easy to understand how much this meant to him and to see his determination to succeed. I guess the weight of expectation will, at the very least, be a little higher this season, but if we do spend a fair bit the pressure will ramp up. That will be a lot easier to handle if he's well rested. The WC break will probably come in handy for a recharge too (though tbh, I haven't seen how it will affect L2 - are all fixtures suspended for the whole tournament)?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stockdale Interview on 14:31 - May 11 with 3430 viewsHopwoodblue

Stockdale Interview on 14:09 - May 11 by DaleiLama

I'll third that. The emotion on display at season's end was real and palpable. I dare say there were many things contributing to that. The end of his rookie season under his belt, the elusive away win, the reaction of travelling fans to him and the team and probably the biggest factor, survival (though that didn't happen on the last day of the season).

From the post-match interview and this interview, it's easy to understand how much this meant to him and to see his determination to succeed. I guess the weight of expectation will, at the very least, be a little higher this season, but if we do spend a fair bit the pressure will ramp up. That will be a lot easier to handle if he's well rested. The WC break will probably come in handy for a recharge too (though tbh, I haven't seen how it will affect L2 - are all fixtures suspended for the whole tournament)?

No only PL and Championship and I think the Championship go back a week before the tournament ends which is odd. Although the international player rules apply so there could be some off depending on who’s qualified for the last couple of rounds.
PL restarts on Boxing Day.
[Post edited 11 May 2022 14:32]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Stockdale Interview on 14:46 - May 11 with 3376 viewsD_Alien

Stockdale Interview on 13:46 - May 11 by Hopwoodblue

As the first league game of next season is the 30th of July it’s not much of a break this summer

...which makes it all the more essential to get the suggested couple of weeks R&R in as soon as possible

RS made a similar point in his interview, saying he wasn't fussed about players making decisions about their futures (where that applies) until they've had chance for a break

[Post edited 11 May 2022 14:47]

Stockdale Interview on 14:52 - May 11 with 3360 viewsDaleiLama

Stockdale Interview on 14:31 - May 11 by Hopwoodblue

No only PL and Championship and I think the Championship go back a week before the tournament ends which is odd. Although the international player rules apply so there could be some off depending on who’s qualified for the last couple of rounds.
PL restarts on Boxing Day.
[Post edited 11 May 2022 14:32]

Stockdale Interview on 14:53 - May 11 with 3356 viewsTVOS1907

Stockdale Interview on 14:09 - May 11 by DaleiLama

https://www.efl.com/news/key-dates/

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/november/eflfixtureschedule_202223/

Or, just purchase TVOS...
[Post edited 11 May 2022 14:54]

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Stockdale Interview on 15:01 - May 11 with 3333 viewsDaleiLama

Stockdale Interview on 14:53 - May 11 by TVOS1907

https://www.efl.com/news/key-dates/

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/november/eflfixtureschedule_202223/

Or, just purchase TVOS...
[Post edited 11 May 2022 14:54]

Oops ...... busted

Stockdale Interview on 15:28 - May 11 with 3262 viewsDalenet

Stockdale Interview on 13:32 - May 11 by D_Alien

I'll second that

Have you been to Redcar?
Stockdale Interview on 16:40 - May 11 with 3099 viewsD_Alien

Stockdale Interview on 15:28 - May 11 by Dalenet

Have you been to Redcar?

I've been to the racecourse, a tight track (and thats not the bookies)

The remnants of Redcar's former industrial sites loom in the distance, but Robbie will feel at home with it being his birthplace

Stockdale Interview on 17:51 - May 11 with 2963 viewsTomRAFC

Stockdale Interview on 15:28 - May 11 by Dalenet

Have you been to Redcar?

Redcar is well worth a visit just to get a proper lemon top. One of the things I miss from my 9 years in the North East. It's your usual vanilla ice cream in a cone but topped with something resembling frozen lemon curd. It's one of those things that's greater than the sum of it's parts. Really hits the spot on a sunny day.
[Post edited 11 May 2022 20:03]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Stockdale Interview on 09:53 - May 12 with 2426 viewsBainesy15

Stockdale Interview on 17:51 - May 11 by TomRAFC

Redcar is well worth a visit just to get a proper lemon top. One of the things I miss from my 9 years in the North East. It's your usual vanilla ice cream in a cone but topped with something resembling frozen lemon curd. It's one of those things that's greater than the sum of it's parts. Really hits the spot on a sunny day.

I wonder if Proper Lemon Top was a teammates' nickname for Newby once he'd dyed his hair?
Stockdale Interview on 10:51 - May 12 with 2325 viewsDalenet

Stockdale Interview on 17:51 - May 11 by TomRAFC

Do you have that after the parmo?
Stockdale Interview on 11:20 - May 12 with 2261 viewsTomRAFC

Stockdale Interview on 10:51 - May 12 by Dalenet

Do you have that after the parmo?

Oddly enough, I've never gone for a lemon top blind drunk at 4 in the morning.

The parmo is excellent beer food but there are major loyalties. Anyone who walked absurd distances across Manchester, because only a Monsoon's kebab would do, know the feeling.
[Post edited 12 May 2022 11:29]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Stockdale Interview on 16:17 - May 12 with 1919 viewsYadHoDale

Whilst that part of the North Riding may have a veritable smoggasbord of strange local delicacies, they don't seem to have affected Mr Stockdale too badly - seems very grounded and sensible.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024