Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jake Daniels 18:40 - May 16 with 2623 viewsIOMDale

Not that it should be news in this day and age but well done Jake, a very brave thing to do. Here’s hoping it opens the floodgates in terms of footballers feeling they’re able to be whoever they want without any recrimination:

UTDNFS

Jake Daniels on 18:46 - May 16 with 2591 viewsDaleiLama

It is indeed ludicrous that it made the 6 o'clock news. No one is interested in your or my sexuality. Nor should they be in his. Agree on the bravery front though!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Jake Daniels on 18:49 - May 16 with 2570 viewsRAFCBLUE

Great to see that a footballer is brave enough to open up and it should encourage others to do so.

I am sure he will be the first of many.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Jake Daniels on 18:57 - May 16 with 2541 viewskel

Good for him but like you said, it shouldn’t even be an issue. Unfortunately though, we all know some knuckle draggers will make it one.
Jake Daniels on 19:00 - May 16 with 2523 viewselectricblue

Brave lad in this era where social media hides the idiots......
Lets hope more have the courage to do the same..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Jake Daniels on 19:35 - May 16 with 2434 viewsEllDale

Total respect for the lad and the courage that he’s shown, especially at such a young age.
Credit to Blackpool as well.
Be interesting to see though how many clubs get fined for homophobic chanting next season when Blackpool are the visitors.
Jake Daniels on 20:17 - May 16 with 2308 viewsTomRAFC

It's something that feels necessary, I've nothing but admiration for the lad.

Hopefully any abuse, from outright homophobia to dog-whistling whataboutery, will be met with the mockery it deserves.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Jake Daniels on 20:40 - May 16 with 2268 viewsboromat

Yes unfortunately I think we're about to see why it's taken so long. The media attention will be ridiculous. Fair play to him.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Jake Daniels on 20:55 - May 16 with 2221 viewsD_Alien

Jake Daniels on 20:40 - May 16 by boromat

Yes unfortunately I think we're about to see why it's taken so long. The media attention will be ridiculous. Fair play to him.

One way for the media attention to pipe down will be if others now find themselves able to be open about their sexuality, which takes the pressure off one individual

Not that i consider it any of my or anyone else's business, but purely from a practical point of view to help the lad

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Jake Daniels on 20:29 - May 17 with 1819 viewsjonahwhereru

Jake Daniels on 20:55 - May 16 by D_Alien

One way for the media attention to pipe down will be if others now find themselves able to be open about their sexuality, which takes the pressure off one individual

Not that i consider it any of my or anyone else's business, but purely from a practical point of view to help the lad

Agree entirely with that view. The sooner a second player opens up the better it will be for Jake. He has made it a little easier for those that follow.
If he shows as much bottle on the pitch as he did yesterday the Blackpool fans will take to him.
Jake Daniels on 15:14 - May 18 with 1567 viewsBazzanne

Jake Daniels on 20:29 - May 17 by jonahwhereru

Agree entirely with that view. The sooner a second player opens up the better it will be for Jake. He has made it a little easier for those that follow.
If he shows as much bottle on the pitch as he did yesterday the Blackpool fans will take to him.

He may be the first in the UK, but I think the first anywhere was an Adelaide United player here in Australia months ago. Never heard any bad publicity regarding this since.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024