Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFR..Euromillions lottery winners 12:15 - May 19 with 2935 viewsfrenzied

I see the latest winners...£184m no less have gone public.

What is your take on this?

Would you go public on this yourself?

Personally i wouldn't..but id be interested to know why people do so.

NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 12:18 - May 19 with 2909 viewsBrierls

It would be extremely difficult for a £184m win not to be public knowledge at some point.
NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 12:30 - May 19 with 2883 viewsDaleiLama

He looks happier than when he was managing the Sky TdF team!

[Post edited 19 May 2022 12:34]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 12:50 - May 19 with 2826 viewsD_Alien

When this came up for discussion during quieter moments at work, i used to say my strategy would be to carry on as normal until a much lesser (but still life-changing) amount was won and remained unannounced, then say i'd won that, e.g. £2.5m as opposed to £184m

That way, you could make some significant changes and still help people out, without the hullaballoo around such a huge amount

One factor though would be Dale. It'd be wrong imo to start using such wealth to fund a rise up the leagues a) since it's not guaranteed and b) the problems that'd store up when the funding started to run out might easily result in bankruptcy. It'd mean the whole culture of the club would've changed, and for the worse. Having said that, if the situation arose such as we've seen over the past 12 months, a stop could be put to it without hesitation by stepping in and sending the hyenas packing with financial clout

[Post edited 19 May 2022 12:52]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 13:17 - May 19 with 2768 viewsboromat

NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 12:50 - May 19 by D_Alien

When this came up for discussion during quieter moments at work, i used to say my strategy would be to carry on as normal until a much lesser (but still life-changing) amount was won and remained unannounced, then say i'd won that, e.g. £2.5m as opposed to £184m

That way, you could make some significant changes and still help people out, without the hullaballoo around such a huge amount

One factor though would be Dale. It'd be wrong imo to start using such wealth to fund a rise up the leagues a) since it's not guaranteed and b) the problems that'd store up when the funding started to run out might easily result in bankruptcy. It'd mean the whole culture of the club would've changed, and for the worse. Having said that, if the situation arose such as we've seen over the past 12 months, a stop could be put to it without hesitation by stepping in and sending the hyenas packing with financial clout

Similar I'd try and keep it low key but it wouldn't be easy.

If I could do something for the Dale it'd have to be long lasting like setting up a training ground with additional facilities for additional revenue streams.

I'll keep dreaming. This time next year Rodney....

Poll: What are we more excited for?

NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 13:50 - May 19 with 2704 viewsmikehunt

I’d go stark staring mad. Muahahahaha!!!!

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 14:28 - May 19 with 2633 viewsTomRAFC

I was working with someone at a time when their sister won a large sum. They chose to go public and I asked why.

She said that the lottery advised them to. If they go public then the lottery handle the announcements/press etc. If they don't go public then there will be journalists on the hunt for the story and it can end up a very unpleasant experience for the people wanting to remain anonymous.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 14:56 - May 19 with 2588 viewselectricblue

No way would we go public if a significant amount was won on any lottery and as for Dale i would place an amount into a interest account and the club could have the interest it acrues maybe not much but it would help....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 15:19 - May 19 with 2569 viewsDalenet

NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 12:50 - May 19 by D_Alien

Nice challenge to have. It's an obscene amount of money, but you could get a lot of pleasure out of helping people with it. I certainly wouldn't go public as you would be inundated with requests for help from every corner of the globe. Setting up charitable trust would be the way to do it and employ somebody to run it.

As for Dale, the same approach could be made. Put say £10m in to the club but in a trust so that it could only be drawn down at say £1m per year. That way the club could run a new training ground for the foreseeable future. A nice problem to manage. We can only dream
Login to get fewer ads

NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 16:03 - May 19 with 2513 viewsdale1968

Its a very interesting & nice problem to have.
I personally would not go public as previous people have said there is the scrounging element who want their bit.
The interest alone from such an amount per year would be enough to set you up for life and could become a very difficult thing to manage.
However with the correct advice and guidance from the experts at Camelot I am sure virtual secrecy could be gained.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 17:33 - May 19 with 2404 viewsmikehunt

Am I right in thinking Camelot have lost the franchise? If so, to whom? And what might change?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 17:39 - May 19 with 2393 viewsEllDale

A group called Allwyn are expected to take over the National Lottery in 2024.
Owned in part if not wholly by a Czech millionaire apparently which raised a few eyebrows but probably no different to when Richard Branson bid for the licence a few years ago.
NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 17:48 - May 19 with 2366 viewsjudd

I'd buy a payroll company.

Poll: What is it to be then?

NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 17:49 - May 19 with 2362 viewsDalenet

NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 17:39 - May 19 by EllDale

A group called Allwyn are expected to take over the National Lottery in 2024.
Owned in part if not wholly by a Czech millionaire apparently which raised a few eyebrows but probably no different to when Richard Branson bid for the licence a few years ago.

When Richard Branson bid to run it he did so on a not for profit basis. Which would have put a bit more cash back into the good causes kitty. But he didn't get it. Not sure of the basis of the Allwyn bid though. But it has become stale and it needs a shake up
NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 18:19 - May 19 with 2298 viewselectricblue

NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 17:48 - May 19 by judd

I'd buy a payroll company.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 21:16 - May 19 with 2134 viewsAtThePeake

NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 14:28 - May 19 by TomRAFC

I was working with someone at a time when their sister won a large sum. They chose to go public and I asked why.

She said that the lottery advised them to. If they go public then the lottery handle the announcements/press etc. If they don't go public then there will be journalists on the hunt for the story and it can end up a very unpleasant experience for the people wanting to remain anonymous.

Being cynical, isn't it also a pretty good marketing ploy for the national lottery to show off their big-money winners when they go public?

Tangled up in blue.

NFR..Euromillions lottery winners on 10:04 - May 20 with 1932 viewsfrenzied

The thing that would bother me is personal security for myself and family members.

I can recall a couple in stockport winning around £10 m on the lottery.

Went public..announced they were buying a diamond collar for the dog!!

So clearly dote on the dog...any opportunist could kidnap that dog and hold for ransom...let alone the risk it presents to other family members...

Id hope Camelot gave some advice re these matters
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024