Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch invasions 22:51 - May 19 with 6947 viewsEllDale

They’re now becoming more and more common. Fashionable even.
And dangerous.
Where once they used to signify celebration we had the Billy Sharp incident earlier this week and this evening it appears that Swindon players have been attacked at Port Vale.
How long will it be before someone suggests putting up the fences again?
Pitch invasions on 21:00 - May 21 with 2190 views100notout

It needs to stop. Its only a matter of time before someone does it at Old Trafford and gets Man of the Match

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Pitch invasions on 20:22 - May 22 with 1848 viewsD_Alien

Villa keeper attacked at the Etihad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61545115

Enough is enough

Action, not words, and sufficient to hurt those involved and their club to take even the threat of a pitch invasion away

By all means, let fans onto the pitch once the players have left, to celebrate safely

I saw a tweet posted in the feed on here the other day which talked about killjoys. Look where that's got you. It won't be long before a player is stabbed

[Post edited 22 May 2022 20:25]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pitch invasions on 20:32 - May 22 with 1821 viewsJames1980

Interesting take on the pitch invasion issue
[Post edited 22 May 2022 21:04]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Pitch invasions on 10:09 - May 23 with 1552 viewsAtThePeake

Pitch invasions on 20:22 - May 22 by D_Alien

Villa keeper attacked at the Etihad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61545115

Enough is enough

Action, not words, and sufficient to hurt those involved and their club to take even the threat of a pitch invasion away

By all means, let fans onto the pitch once the players have left, to celebrate safely

I saw a tweet posted in the feed on here the other day which talked about killjoys. Look where that's got you. It won't be long before a player is stabbed

[Post edited 22 May 2022 20:25]

Do you mean this tweet D_Alien?

Like I say in the tweet, I'm not condoning the pitch invasion, I just took issue with the original tweet and the idea that Everton fans are in some way embarrassing for celebrating staying in the Premier League.

It's a separate thing from the pitch invasions, but there's a strange desperation from some quarters of football twitter to tell fans what they can and can't celebrate at the moment.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tangled up in blue.

Pitch invasions on 11:49 - May 23 with 1421 viewsD_Alien

Pitch invasions on 10:09 - May 23 by AtThePeake

Do you mean this tweet D_Alien?

Like I say in the tweet, I'm not condoning the pitch invasion, I just took issue with the original tweet and the idea that Everton fans are in some way embarrassing for celebrating staying in the Premier League.

It's a separate thing from the pitch invasions, but there's a strange desperation from some quarters of football twitter to tell fans what they can and can't celebrate at the moment.

This post has been edited by an administrator

That's the one, ATP

Since i don't do twitter, what appeared in the immediately visible bit of the feed on this forum was the message at the top and the full tweet does give it more context, so thanks for pointing that out

Sometimes, the phrase "not condoning" is used in the context of excusing all sorts of things that are completely out of order. Not saying that's what you intended at all (in fact i'm sure you didn't) but there were two pitch invasions at that game. The latter was after the final whistle, the first after the winning goal when it really might've been a complete embarrassment if the game had had to be abandoned and the result not stood

My opinion is that any pitch INVASION is embarrassing, and potentially much worse. Being invited onto the pitch to celebrate is a win win situation
[Post edited 23 May 2022 11:53]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pitch invasions on 12:09 - May 23 with 1386 viewsEllDale

Two charged after a pitch invasion at Manchester City yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-61548625

Bit of a joke when there were literally thousands on the pitch. Should be easy to identify plenty of those.

I understand them wanting to celebrate but smashing the posts?
Pitch invasions on 13:06 - May 23 with 1256 viewskel

Personally I’ve only been on the pitch a couple of times to celebrate an achievement. I couldn’t give a shite about either opposition fans or players as I’m there to celebrate with the team I support and fellow supporters. If you’re of the mindset that they need goading in a time of celebration then you’re a bit of a dick.
Pitch invasions on 14:31 - May 23 with 1121 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Pitch invasions on 20:32 - May 22 by James1980

Interesting take on the pitch invasion issue
[Post edited 22 May 2022 21:04]

Seems an age since he belted Ulrika in a Paris bar.
Login to get fewer ads

Pitch invasions on 15:59 - May 23 with 1028 viewsDaleiLama

Reverse engineered pitch invasion - Raphinha joins the crowd (and fiancee) to celebrate staying up. Slightly more at stake than our Charlton game but still brings back happy memories.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024