Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFR info from any oldies on here.... 18:43 - Jun 22 with 2156 viewsMoonyDale

I would be really chuffed in anyone on here could save what is left of my sanity...When I was in my teens there was a business on Queensway, Oldham rd end right next to Welli'th Lane, set back from the rd called Autodiner, it was a large static caravan which had been styled like the American diners....Now i know it was there as I had quite a few breakfasts in there along with the workmen who frequented it....Nobody I have spoken to even remembers it, can't find any pics online of it...So unless I have dream't this place up or was living in a parallel universe it must have existed right? Has anyone heard of it? Or have I lost the plot?.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

NFR info from any oldies on here.... on 18:54 - Jun 22 with 2097 viewsSuddenLad

Gingham Diner, corner of Schofield Street, There are a few trees there now and a bid advert board. I used to go there for my breakfast many times. You're quite sane.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

NFR info from any oldies on here.... on 19:04 - Jun 22 with 2064 viewsMoonyDale

NFR info from any oldies on here.... on 18:54 - Jun 22 by SuddenLad

Gingham Diner, corner of Schofield Street, There are a few trees there now and a bid advert board. I used to go there for my breakfast many times. You're quite sane.

Cheers Sudden, I'd forgotten about the Gingham name I just knew it as Autodiner, there is just no info or pics of it online....A trip to the photo archive at Touchstones might turn something up. I was thinking of doing a piece of artwork featuring it, could prove difficult without a pic

NFR info from any oldies on here.... on 19:24 - Jun 22 with 2022 viewsSuddenLad

It had a chequered black and white border running across the top edge and the food was top stuff. It was well used and sorely missed.

NFR info from any oldies on here.... on 22:07 - Jun 22 with 1823 viewsdownunder

What year are talking about here? I have no memory of it, and am now questioning my sanity.
I think I qualify as an "oldie".
NFR info from any oldies on here.... on 22:22 - Jun 22 with 1780 viewsMoonyDale

NFR info from any oldies on here.... on 22:07 - Jun 22 by downunder

What year are talking about here? I have no memory of it, and am now questioning my sanity.
I think I qualify as an "oldie".

I was going in there from the mid 70s onwards...But it was there before then...I went in the Army and when I came out it was no more...

NFR info from any oldies on here.... on 22:53 - Jun 22 with 1718 viewsSuddenLad

Definitely there in 1972 when I first went there. Probably gone by 1980 or thereabouts.

NFR info from any oldies on here.... on 23:07 - Jun 22 with 1683 viewsSandyman

Sure someone has posted a photo of it on Facebook before now.
If you use that media, plenty of chat about the Gingham Diner here...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/165059670222358/search/?q=Gingham
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024