Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moggy R.I.P. 15:55 - Aug 5 with 16670 viewsSuddenLad

The legend has passed away.

A unique character, a man who had Dale in his veins and who did so much good in raising funds for good causes.

Rest in Peace, lad. Great memories.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Moggy R.I.P. on 18:45 - Aug 5 with 4900 viewsDorkingDale

How sad - as so many have already said, he was in fine form on Saturday. Must've been very sudden.

Condolences to close friends & family.
Moggy R.I.P. on 19:36 - Aug 5 with 4717 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Top bloke, top Dale fan, great fundraiser & not bad on the karaoke either.
RIP Moggy.
Moggy R.I.P. on 20:16 - Aug 5 with 4620 viewsBlueMessiah

Moggy R.I.P. on 17:20 - Aug 5 by brownale

R.I.P fella give us an RRR

But don't forget the "D"!!

🤣🤣

Poll: Do I Know You?

Moggy R.I.P. on 20:36 - Aug 5 with 4577 viewsMarjorie_Plane

This is indeed very sad news. Rest in peace Stephen... you did more than your bit. My thoughts are with his family tonight.

'You will never take the Sandy'
Moggy R.I.P. on 20:48 - Aug 5 with 4532 viewsmikehunt

Omg! Can’t believe it. He just seemed to turn up wherever you went. Always got a crowd going - no matter how po-faced they might have been.
One personal memory was him being carted out of the Sandy by police and as he was being bundled past us, the crowd were giving him some good natured stick. He turned to us and said, “At least I don’t have to carry on watching this sh*t”.

There is the story of him “borrowing” a double decker bus to drive him and his mates to a game at Shrewsbury. Not sure how true that is but sounds like him.

RIP Moggy. A truly hard man in his day.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Moggy R.I.P. on 21:36 - Aug 5 with 4418 viewssweetcorn

Think the club should do something to honour him before the Burton game.

Truly had the club pumping through his veins.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Moggy R.I.P. on 21:37 - Aug 5 with 4416 viewsR17ALE

RIP Moggy. You were a thorn in my side when I worked at the club, but you were a good friend when I didn't.

And I'll never forget in 1990 outside Townley Park in Burnley, when I thought the end was nigh, and you rolled up and sorted out my would be assassins!

A rough diamond, but more diamond than rough.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Moggy R.I.P. on 21:56 - Aug 5 with 4325 viewsD_Alien

Shocked

Was good friends with a girl who became one of his gang in the 70s, she later became a senior midwife at Birch Hill. At that point, all i'd done was seen him pull an axe out of his crombie when faced with about 50 menacing away fans on Willbutts Lane. They ran away, and she put me straight about him, and nothing but respect since

Many more stories to tell which i'm sure will come out over the next few days, but for now... RIP, and since we've got something very much in common (those who know me will know what i mean) i'm proud to have that connection

[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 22:03]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Moggy R.I.P. on 22:21 - Aug 5 with 4219 viewspioneer

Very sad news. A real character. He was quite a wild one in his early days but a great example for how someone can turn their life around and do good. Someone the club and the town can be proud off.

I hadnt seen him for many years when I walked into a pub at Wembley for the play off final. There he was entertaining a crowd. He immediatelyrecognised me and we spent the next two hours sharing stories.

Yes endless stories that many of us will have.

If someone could place any details of funeral arrangements on here that would be much appreciated.
Moggy R.I.P. on 22:25 - Aug 5 with 4212 viewsjudd

Moggy R.I.P. on 22:21 - Aug 5 by pioneer

Very sad news. A real character. He was quite a wild one in his early days but a great example for how someone can turn their life around and do good. Someone the club and the town can be proud off.

I hadnt seen him for many years when I walked into a pub at Wembley for the play off final. There he was entertaining a crowd. He immediatelyrecognised me and we spent the next two hours sharing stories.

Yes endless stories that many of us will have.

If someone could place any details of funeral arrangements on here that would be much appreciated.

I'm sure they will be. It wouldn't surprise if the town closed down on the day of the funeral.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Moggy R.I.P. on 07:37 - Aug 6 with 3826 viewsPeaky

Moggy R.I.P. on 22:25 - Aug 5 by judd

I'm sure they will be. It wouldn't surprise if the town closed down on the day of the funeral.

Really sad to hear this. A true dale legend. R.I.P Moggy.
Moggy R.I.P. on 08:37 - Aug 6 with 3724 viewsfitzochris

When I started going to Dale, I stood in the Sandy. We were quickly acquainted with who Moggy was as there was generally no way of avoiding him. As a pre-teen and teen, I was actually quite scared of him, even though at that point I’d never seen him be anything but a bit loud.

As I got older, you started to hear the tales of his exploits, many of them now repeated here or on social media. The fear gave way to respect, especially around his charity work. I’d see him about town and if I was wearing my Dale top, he’d give a nod. That was about it in terms of my interaction with him.

Then, around 2000/2001, I happened to be in the same pub as him. For whatever reason, he ended up at the same table as me and my friends. We were all happily talking Dale when my girlfriend at the time arrived. He looked at her and then looked at me and then let out a pfffft sound. “She’s too good for you, pal.”

Turns out he was right.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Moggy R.I.P. on 10:10 - Aug 6 with 3565 viewsDaleiLama

For Tuesday

https://mobile.twitter.com/overcoaters1907/status/1555637599963856896
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 10:22]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Moggy R.I.P. on 10:34 - Aug 6 with 3499 viewsblackdogblue

Sad news… RIP mate

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Moggy R.I.P. on 10:35 - Aug 6 with 3492 viewsdawlishdale

Oh my goodness. What a loss to the town, and to the football club.

Moggy was a real cult hero... one who everyone knew, and one who would always have time to chat with you.

He saved my bacon when I was a youngster when I was being chased by some hooligans... and I never forgot his utter courage...

He was Dale through & through. Only saw him last Saturday, and he looked in fine fettle.

So sad to learn of his passing. I'm certain that the club, and the fans will honour him and remember him fondly.

Give us an Rrrrrrrrr RIP big fellow.
Moggy R.I.P. on 11:18 - Aug 6 with 3376 viewsNigeriamark

Moggy R.I.P. on 10:10 - Aug 6 by DaleiLama

For Tuesday

https://mobile.twitter.com/overcoaters1907/status/1555637599963856896
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 10:22]

Worth doing something for both Tuesday and Saturday for those who can't do midweek games

RIP Moggy
Moggy R.I.P. on 13:24 - Aug 6 with 3127 viewsmightydale

RIP Legend.

Can believe I was only sat with you Saturday in Hogarths.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Moggy R.I.P. on 11:19 - Aug 7 with 2587 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Moggy R.I.P. on 17:20 - Aug 5 by brownale

R.I.P fella give us an RRR

"give us an RRRRR"...should be engraved on his headstone!

Proper geezer......the youngsters used to follow him like the Good Shepherd.

Respect man!
Moggy R.I.P. on 12:54 - Aug 7 with 2499 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

The cast was destroyed after Moggy was made. Fear wasn't in his vocabulary, but a few other choice words were. You got what you saw with Moggy, he was an open book.
Great company but not on holiday. Spent 10 days in Benidorm with him, after someone dropped out, having paid, we reluctantly agreed he could take their place. Within hours he had thrown one of our lads through a hotel plate glass window, which cost us £100 (back in the 80's) and left him almost broke. We all bought him his booze for the rest of the trip. It was there he learned how to iron, his forfeit.
Dale through and through with a heart of gold and a head of steel. He will be greatly missed and I hope he receives the send off he deserves.

R.I.P. Moggy
Moggy R.I.P. on 12:59 - Aug 7 with 2495 viewspioneer

Moggy R.I.P. on 12:54 - Aug 7 by RooleyMoorBlue

The cast was destroyed after Moggy was made. Fear wasn't in his vocabulary, but a few other choice words were. You got what you saw with Moggy, he was an open book.
Great company but not on holiday. Spent 10 days in Benidorm with him, after someone dropped out, having paid, we reluctantly agreed he could take their place. Within hours he had thrown one of our lads through a hotel plate glass window, which cost us £100 (back in the 80's) and left him almost broke. We all bought him his booze for the rest of the trip. It was there he learned how to iron, his forfeit.
Dale through and through with a heart of gold and a head of steel. He will be greatly missed and I hope he receives the send off he deserves.

R.I.P. Moggy

He eventually learned to iron did he. Back in the 1970s he occupied a hospital bed next the Dale’s Keith Hanvey after a well publicised incident with an iron.
Moggy R.I.P. on 14:45 - Aug 7 with 2393 views1mark1

One of the great things about Moggy is that he seamed to remember everyone and their names, wherever it was , wether at the football or in a pub.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Moggy R.I.P. on 17:08 - Aug 7 with 2285 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Moggy R.I.P. on 14:45 - Aug 7 by 1mark1

One of the great things about Moggy is that he seamed to remember everyone and their names, wherever it was , wether at the football or in a pub.

I hope the lad can be immortalised by a Street artist somewhere around San Spotty..(don't forget he was born in the Sandy Lane End).......ladders, crombie coat and docs?
Moggy R.I.P. on 17:19 - Aug 7 with 2268 viewsfermin

Moggy R.I.P. on 17:08 - Aug 7 by Yorkshire_Dale

I hope the lad can be immortalised by a Street artist somewhere around San Spotty..(don't forget he was born in the Sandy Lane End).......ladders, crombie coat and docs?

Isn't that him on the far left of this photo on the front of 'Life Sentence'?

Moggy R.I.P. on 17:31 - Aug 7 with 2202 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Moggy R.I.P. on 17:19 - Aug 7 by fermin

Isn't that him on the far left of this photo on the front of 'Life Sentence'?

That haircut and sideburns look familiar.....got to be him.
Moggy R.I.P. on 17:36 - Aug 7 with 2185 viewsSuddenLad

Moggy R.I.P. on 17:31 - Aug 7 by Yorkshire_Dale

That haircut and sideburns look familiar.....got to be him.

Definitely Moggy is that. His 'suede head' days.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024