Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Realism 17:23 - Sep 3 with 4803 viewsReedy

I understand that people are frustrated and annoyed at our poor start, but that's all it is a start. A start of a long season. I don’t understand people constantly having a go at Eyre, he will get it right, you cant except him to come in (at the time we had only lost Dawson) then we lost Wiseman, Done and O'Grady. So we lost the best defender the club has ever seen, who is and always will be irreplaceable, look at Thursday night.

Eyre couldn’t help losing these players, it just made a very hard job, even harder. You can’t just replace players of this calibre at the drop of a hat, it takes time, patience. Something we as fans should give Eyre, as your not in a job for 21 years if your rubbish at that job.

You don’t work under Eriksson, Mancini, Hughes, Royle, Keegan, Pearce, City have had a lot of upheaval in the last 21 years but the one constant has been Eyre, that speaks volumes, every single one of these must have been impressed by him.

So he has signed some players that haven’t impressed so far, but didn’t Hilly do that in the early days? Reuben Reid, Guy Branston, James Spencer, Rory Prendergast, Charlie Comyn-Platt, Stephen Turnbull.

Eyre has a long term project, it won’t happen over night, it will take time. Although we can bring Parkin back, along with Sako, Barker, Simpkins, Sharp and the rest of the crap that he signed. Or we can put our faith in someone that is learning at this level, and will eventually get it right.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Steve a couple of times, and let me tell you, you couldn’t wish to meet a nicer man, the total opposite to Hilly, a man with dignity and a genuine care for RAFC. When I spoke to Steve about football, my lord, to say he loves the game is a huge understatement, he is a real student of the game, and someone who I could spend all day with.

Listen to how the players talk about him "I signed because of Eyre" "As soon as I knew of Rochdale’s interest and after meeting Eyre I had to sign" "I worked with Eyre at City, so I rejected all the other offers to come to Rochdale"

I would rather have someone with energy and enthusiasm, planning for the future than an older manager with no energy.

Blog: The FA Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024