Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashley Grimes 19:02 - Feb 18 with 5871 viewsboffley

When is he going to learn that petulant flashes of anger are going to get him into trouble? I thought he was a lucky lad to stay on the pitch today after (rightly) getting booked for booting the ball away after he did not get the foul he thought should have been awarded.

From the wmg it seemed that the ref called him back after giving him the yellow and from the way he called Jonah over and spoke with both of them it was presumably for something he then said. If that was the case then he was very very lucky not to have got a second yellow only a few seconds after receiving the first.

If only he would concentrate on his own game instead of criticising and shouting at his team mates when they don't do exactly what he wanted them to then he could be a good player at this level but he has to learn to play within a team.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Ashley Grimes on 19:06 - Feb 18 with 4254 viewsolympicdale

Grimes clearly doesnt want to be here any more, he will be hoping for a move in the summer. As bad as the ref was, it was good refereeing though to not send him off, instead let Jones have a word with him.

Life is a game of fate.

Ashley Grimes on 19:07 - Feb 18 with 4234 viewsSuddenLad

I've been saying for months that Ashley Grimes is his own worst enemy. He has a nasty temper and a bad attitude when he doesn't get his 'own way'

A great finisher, a player of undoubted talent, but he was lucky to play 90 minutes today. If getting booked for that type of idiotic behaviour wasn't bad enough, he then continues 'chirping' at the ref.

Stupidity at it's most obvious. He needs to get rid of his petulance and concentrate on his game, or he'll find himself in non-league football sooner, and for longer, than he thinks.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ashley Grimes on 19:07 - Feb 18 with 4231 viewsBainesy15

Tbh I think the whole idea of diving on the ball with your hands expecting a free kick is stupid and rightly got penalised today, I've seen from the start of the season Grimes is a great finisher but he's very temperamental and doesn't half get angry when things don't go his way :-/
Ashley Grimes on 19:14 - Feb 18 with 4187 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Ashley Grimes on 19:07 - Feb 18 by Bainesy15

Tbh I think the whole idea of diving on the ball with your hands expecting a free kick is stupid and rightly got penalised today, I've seen from the start of the season Grimes is a great finisher but he's very temperamental and doesn't half get angry when things don't go his way :-/

He's a f*cling idiot, lazy, won't tackle, not a good player for the team.

Hope we get rid soon. Sick of his blo*dy attitude
Ashley Grimes on 19:18 - Feb 18 with 4144 views442Dale

Ashley Grimes on 19:14 - Feb 18 by Albert_Whitehurst

He's a f*cling idiot, lazy, won't tackle, not a good player for the team.

Hope we get rid soon. Sick of his blo*dy attitude

Take that ridiculous incident out today, and he did alright.

Coleman has him working so much harder than Eyre did in a similar role.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ashley Grimes on 19:20 - Feb 18 with 4123 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Ashley Grimes on 19:18 - Feb 18 by 442Dale

Colley needs to keep his eye on Grimes,though.

Could have cost us badly today with his tantrums.
Ashley Grimes on 19:23 - Feb 18 with 4109 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Why take the incident out of the equation..?

Ashley Grimes on 19:23 - Feb 18 with 4110 viewsboffley

I totally agree BUT that one stupid incident could easily have seen him sent off----and therefore possibly have cost us the win----and therefore possibly 3 points in what is going to be a hard hard fight for points.

If he is to stay at dale he really has to learn that football is a team game and not just about Ashley Grimes.
Login to get fewer ads

Ashley Grimes on 19:31 - Feb 18 with 4060 viewsMrsDale4life

Ashley Grimes on 19:23 - Feb 18 by boffley

I totally agree BUT that one stupid incident could easily have seen him sent off----and therefore possibly have cost us the win----and therefore possibly 3 points in what is going to be a hard hard fight for points.

If he is to stay at dale he really has to learn that football is a team game and not just about Ashley Grimes.

I agree he needs to curb his temper, this is not the first time this has happend either. He was lucky he wasn't sent off for his tant today. He reminds me of a hormonal teenager who kicks off when he can't get his own way. He is talented and is a good player but when his temper gets the better of him it does let him down somewhat.
Ashley Grimes on 19:33 - Feb 18 with 4049 views442Dale

Ashley Grimes on 19:23 - Feb 18 by Albert_Whitehurst

Why take the incident out of the equation..?

Because we're not in a position to discard players of genuine ability right now.

Is there any criticism of Gary Jones for continuing his war of words with McDermott despite warnings from the ref, culminating in the Bournemouth player being knocked off his feet by a late challenge?

Grimes was stupid, he's also been terrible on occasion, but if Coleman believes he's done enough to be back in the team after previous managers left him on the bench, then it should be enough for anyone.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ashley Grimes on 19:58 - Feb 18 with 3969 viewsRalphs12

Ashley Grimes on 19:33 - Feb 18 by 442Dale

Because we're not in a position to discard players of genuine ability right now.

Is there any criticism of Gary Jones for continuing his war of words with McDermott despite warnings from the ref, culminating in the Bournemouth player being knocked off his feet by a late challenge?

Grimes was stupid, he's also been terrible on occasion, but if Coleman believes he's done enough to be back in the team after previous managers left him on the bench, then it should be enough for anyone.

Well said sir, Grimes is a mard arse at times but he's also a good player, one which I'd like to keep long term.
Ashley Grimes on 20:14 - Feb 18 with 3909 viewsD_Alien

I doubt very much that Coleman will allow Grimes to continue with his petulance, now that he's witnessed it first hand. It could have cost Dale today, and could in the remaining games where the only thing that matters is grinding out results

Grimes could make the difference (as he did against bury) by doing what he does best which is converting chances, but I can see Coleman having a serious word with the lad this week - if he hasn't done so already

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ashley Grimes on 20:17 - Feb 18 with 3888 viewsPassmondsBlue

He will cost us more by being lazy, He is not a good player or prospect just a bit of a kid with a bad attitude

He's happy to let JLAA do all the running whilst he strops about with his thumbs up pulling his shirt and moaning

He had a chance in the second half today to put us 1:0 up and did not care to put a foot out for a tap in from a yard out, can anybody think what the outcome would have been if Holty,Dagnal,ALF or COG had a chance like that

Send him out on loan to Hyde Utd or Bacup Borough and get a real centre forward in

Poll: Do yoy think sweetcorn is an idiot

Ashley Grimes on 20:20 - Feb 18 with 3871 viewspnc4eva1

Grimes is a good forward at this level. His attitude and petulent behaviour will be his downfall and always has been. He is currently playing out of position.

At least he is losing his temper and it shows he cares to some extent.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Ashley Grimes on 20:21 - Feb 18 with 3864 viewsD_Alien

Ashley Grimes on 20:17 - Feb 18 by PassmondsBlue

He will cost us more by being lazy, He is not a good player or prospect just a bit of a kid with a bad attitude

He's happy to let JLAA do all the running whilst he strops about with his thumbs up pulling his shirt and moaning

He had a chance in the second half today to put us 1:0 up and did not care to put a foot out for a tap in from a yard out, can anybody think what the outcome would have been if Holty,Dagnal,ALF or COG had a chance like that

Send him out on loan to Hyde Utd or Bacup Borough and get a real centre forward in

Sorry mate, you're wrong

(Not least because anyone can miss from that range, see COG v bury at gigg lane in our promotion season)

Coleman has got him working harder, even though it's not his natural game. if anyone can sort Grimes out and turn him into a team player it'll be JC. If that happens, we've got something that's priceless - a genuine finisher

The discussions about his attitude on here have been many and legion, but it's his big chance to change it under JC. If he doesn't then I agree, he'll be out. But lets give the lad a chance and hope he takes it, in every sense of the phrase

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ashley Grimes on 20:24 - Feb 18 with 3847 viewsSuddenLad

Ashley Grimes on 20:21 - Feb 18 by D_Alien

Sorry mate, you're wrong

(Not least because anyone can miss from that range, see COG v bury at gigg lane in our promotion season)

Coleman has got him working harder, even though it's not his natural game. if anyone can sort Grimes out and turn him into a team player it'll be JC. If that happens, we've got something that's priceless - a genuine finisher

The discussions about his attitude on here have been many and legion, but it's his big chance to change it under JC. If he doesn't then I agree, he'll be out. But lets give the lad a chance and hope he takes it, in every sense of the phrase

Spot on.

He is a talent, no doubt about that, but he seriously lets himself down (and his colleagues) by his 'dummy spitting' sessions. He's no use whilst he is sat in the stand - and he came mighty close today.

Coax that out of his game, and we have a jewel.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ashley Grimes on 20:39 - Feb 18 with 3809 viewsPassmondsBlue

I am all for giving players a chance but they have got to want to take that chance

I agree that he could be fixed by a manager such as Coleman or Hill but both would have him or any player out of the club quicker than you could say relagation if 100% isn't given 100% of the time

Poll: Do yoy think sweetcorn is an idiot

Ashley Grimes on 20:50 - Feb 18 with 3768 viewsRogietDale

Ashley Grimes on 20:39 - Feb 18 by PassmondsBlue

I am all for giving players a chance but they have got to want to take that chance

I agree that he could be fixed by a manager such as Coleman or Hill but both would have him or any player out of the club quicker than you could say relagation if 100% isn't given 100% of the time

One word - "lazy"

We dont need lazy players.
Ashley Grimes on 21:01 - Feb 18 with 3739 viewsShun

He's improved vastly since Coleman came in. The past 2 games he's put in more effort than he did for the whole first half of the season. If he learns to harness his temper his game will improve even more.
Ashley Grimes on 23:06 - Feb 18 with 3596 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Ashley Grimes on 21:01 - Feb 18 by Shun

He's improved vastly since Coleman came in. The past 2 games he's put in more effort than he did for the whole first half of the season. If he learns to harness his temper his game will improve even more.

...which, at the age Grimes is...he isn't going to!
Ashley Grimes on 23:17 - Feb 18 with 3577 viewsRalphs12

Ashley Grimes on 23:06 - Feb 18 by Albert_Whitehurst

...which, at the age Grimes is...he isn't going to!

Many players have a bad attitude. Grimes has seemingly calmed down alot lately, hes never going to completely drop it. I dont think I'd want him to either.
Ashley Grimes on 23:37 - Feb 18 with 3540 viewspl56

Ashley Grimes on 19:33 - Feb 18 by 442Dale

Thank you for some real perception on this issue .
Ashley Grimes on 23:54 - Feb 18 with 3521 viewsolympicdale

Im still in the pro Grimes camp after thinking it through a bit. He is still our best finisher when given the right service, he is playing in a position that is not his own, but is still producing way better displays there than under Eyre/beech by having a manager who believes in him. The man's a poacher, he needs the deliveries, he cant make his own goals, he's a class player, and we need someone like him to be in the team. This was the first time id seen him lose his temper for a good while, its not like he's doing it every week, a moment of frustration which im sure Coleman has had a word with him about.

Life is a game of fate.

Ashley Grimes on 00:23 - Feb 19 with 3492 viewsrochedale

Just skimmed though some of the comments on Grimes...

To me, he seems very bright. He gets upset when he doesn't recieve the pass he desires.

He must know that this is his chance to shine in league one, his chance to put himself in 'The Wndow'.

If the truth be known, he hasn't been given the goalscoring opportunities. I think he gets frustrated at that fact.

I do think he will come good. He really has got a sublime touch. But he needs to play as part of a 442, the goal scoring forward.

He aint gunna progress from us, so he has to prove himself at the Dale. If he doesn't his next move is downward. I am sure he realises this.

Give him a chance.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Ashley Grimes on 00:45 - Feb 19 with 3470 viewsRalphs12

Ashley Grimes on 00:23 - Feb 19 by rochedale

Just skimmed though some of the comments on Grimes...

To me, he seems very bright. He gets upset when he doesn't recieve the pass he desires.

He must know that this is his chance to shine in league one, his chance to put himself in 'The Wndow'.

If the truth be known, he hasn't been given the goalscoring opportunities. I think he gets frustrated at that fact.

I do think he will come good. He really has got a sublime touch. But he needs to play as part of a 442, the goal scoring forward.

He aint gunna progress from us, so he has to prove himself at the Dale. If he doesn't his next move is downward. I am sure he realises this.

Give him a chance.

Nice post, the 442 thing is the most important thing, he is being asked to play somewhere he isnt really made for.

He's basically marmite.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024