Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There may be trouble ahead 03:17 - May 22 with 6428 viewsdownunder

http://englishdefenceleague.org/rochdale-demonstration-9th-june/

More expensive police bills on the rates.
Come to Christchurch, earthquakes are fun compared to this crap.
There may be trouble ahead on 03:44 - May 22 with 5116 viewsDiddyDave

So what`s the point? Where do you stand on this?
There may be trouble ahead on 09:17 - May 22 with 5003 viewsSuddenLad

Been to Christchurch. Looks like a little English town from 40 years ago. Pretty and unspoilt, and NO litter or decaying buildings (not taking into account the earthquake damage !)

Impressed by the Antarctic Exhibition Centre near the airport, but bloody hell, it's cold inside some of those rooms.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

There may be trouble ahead on 09:43 - May 22 with 4971 viewsMoonyDale

Speaking last night to a police officer friend of mine and he pointed out that Rochdale is on high alert at the moment, unrest is being planned for and is expected...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

There may be trouble ahead on 10:48 - May 22 with 4912 viewsBanned4ever

There may be trouble ahead on 09:43 - May 22 by MoonyDale

Speaking last night to a police officer friend of mine and he pointed out that Rochdale is on high alert at the moment, unrest is being planned for and is expected...

I have experience the edl first hand I agree with the line to fight extremist Muslims .

but disagree the way they conduct themselves.

They stigmatise the whole Islamic community . So they are anti Muslim not just against extremist.

I supported the edl for nearly 2 yrs and been on 8 protest . The numbers has fallen in there protest they use to get 2.000/3,000 now there just touching the 1,000 mark but think for this protest they will get higher numbers and will
get some people out purely for trouble .

The Grt-Manchester police control the crowd very well and are not scared of using the dogs even when there no need to.

There may be trouble ahead on 12:55 - May 22 with 4800 viewsdownunder

There may be trouble ahead on 03:44 - May 22 by DiddyDave

So what`s the point? Where do you stand on this?

As far away as possible, in a multi cultural city where most people get along fine, most of the time. Once a pom, now a Kiwi.( with a Rochdale accent, some things can't be changed).
There may be trouble ahead on 07:39 - May 23 with 4541 viewsDiddyDave

There may be trouble ahead on 12:55 - May 22 by downunder

As far away as possible, in a multi cultural city where most people get along fine, most of the time. Once a pom, now a Kiwi.( with a Rochdale accent, some things can't be changed).

Yes,but how many muslims live in NZ? Not many,same as here in Oz,but trouble WILL happen as long as we keep letting the bludgers in. Somebody has to say something about it in the Old Country,politicians have let things go too far,but that`s what happens when you lose sovereignty to the clowns that sit in Brussels.
Haven`t you seen any of those general emails of muslims in London going around saying that they`re going to take over and how they`re going to murder us all? Scary stuff,but nobody wants to do anything about it,so a European and American backlash is on the way,like it or not. Just glad I ain`t there anymore.
There may be trouble ahead on 11:55 - May 23 with 4474 viewsTomRAFC

any form of extremism is a threat to how our society functions. That does include extremist muslims but it also includes the EDL itself.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

There may be trouble ahead on 12:38 - May 23 with 4428 viewsDale23years

There may be trouble ahead on 11:55 - May 23 by TomRAFC

any form of extremism is a threat to how our society functions. That does include extremist muslims but it also includes the EDL itself.

Why does it include the EDL

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Login to get fewer ads

There may be trouble ahead on 14:49 - May 23 with 4377 viewsTomRAFC

There may be trouble ahead on 12:38 - May 23 by Dale23years

Why does it include the EDL

the EDL's behaviour is undoubtably extremist as it firstly works on the priciple that there is a threat of sharia law when there is no such thing and also works on the premise of the removal of an entire religion that has been present in this country since the end of the second world war.

the "english defence league" has defended britain from nothing and offended many both islamic and none islamic in the process

i agree we have an issue with rising religious extremism in this country however the methods used by the likes of the EDL and the BNP could not be further from any sensible route to tackle it

There may be trouble ahead on 16:29 - May 23 with 4335 viewsBanned4ever

There may be trouble ahead on 14:49 - May 23 by TomRAFC

the EDL's behaviour is undoubtably extremist as it firstly works on the priciple that there is a threat of sharia law when there is no such thing and also works on the premise of the removal of an entire religion that has been present in this country since the end of the second world war.

the "english defence league" has defended britain from nothing and offended many both islamic and none islamic in the process

i agree we have an issue with rising religious extremism in this country however the methods used by the likes of the EDL and the BNP could not be further from any sensible route to tackle it

Has the E.D.L offended you if so how
There may be trouble ahead on 16:55 - May 23 with 4312 viewsSuddenLad

THE EDL is offensive just by its' very existence. It represents absolutely no-one apart from the bigoted thugs who 'protest' in its' name.

They are an equally big threat as any group they purport to protest against.

There may be trouble ahead on 17:43 - May 23 with 4279 viewsdeeplishblue

I prefer the Tazzy threads to the Islam/Racism threads - can we not have another one of those instead?

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

There may be trouble ahead on 17:54 - May 23 with 4266 viewstopoff

There may be trouble ahead on 16:55 - May 23 by SuddenLad

THE EDL is offensive just by its' very existence. It represents absolutely no-one apart from the bigoted thugs who 'protest' in its' name.

To be fair they only exist because all of the bigger political parties deny there is a massive problem with the immigration policy and the integration of our muslim friends into our society.
You speak to most of the population and they shake their head at what is going on yet nothing gets done, thats why the Edl thrive.
There may be trouble ahead on 18:02 - May 23 with 4258 viewsD_Alien

There may be trouble ahead on 17:54 - May 23 by topoff

To be fair they only exist because all of the bigger political parties deny there is a massive problem with the immigration policy and the integration of our muslim friends into our society.
You speak to most of the population and they shake their head at what is going on yet nothing gets done, thats why the Edl thrive.

Very good point.

We're about to see the rise of extremist groups in many European countries due to the failure of the political class to govern in a sensible and fair-minded way. Fair-minded, that is, to ALL sections of the population.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

There may be trouble ahead on 18:54 - May 23 with 4219 viewsBanned4ever

There may be trouble ahead on 16:55 - May 23 by SuddenLad

Never heard the E.D.L supporting terrorist attacks.

never heard the E.d l asking its members to take hostages or its members saying kill them that dont support the E.D.L.

But these things are said by certain Muslims on Britain streets.

http://englishdefenceleague.org/forum/edl-chat/anjem-choudary-threatening-to-tak
There may be trouble ahead on 19:02 - May 23 with 4211 viewsisitme

The EDL will bring the AFl and all the associated hangers on. All paid for by Mr and Mrs Taxpayer. The police must be happy, a minimum of four hours overtime.

Can't we just arrange for these Neanderthal groups to meet up on some waste land and let them beat the crap out of each other?
There may be trouble ahead on 19:52 - May 23 with 4184 viewsSuddenLad

There may be trouble ahead on 17:54 - May 23 by topoff

I don't think it's so much that the main Political parties 'deny' there is (or has been) a problem with immigration, it's more that they haven't a clue how to deal with the problems that unfettered immigration has caused.

Labour back-benchers and some ex-Cabinet ministers have openly admitted their Government purposely and deliberately adopted a mass immigration 'open door' policy with the specific intent of altering the balance of the population, because they assumed that immigrants were more likely to vote for Labour.

Unfortunately the problems of adopting such a policy are there for all to see, and now everybody in Parliament is 'looking the other way'. Meanwhile, we are all paying the price, whether that is in the workplace or the social unrest caused as a result.

Most of the EDL/AFL 'protesters' haven't got a clue what they are protesting about, but it gets them out of the pub and into the sunshine for the odd afternoon, where they can utter a few naughty words, cover their faces and throw some big stones.

Funny how there never seems to be a riot in the winter months. Gutless cowards, the lot of them.

There may be trouble ahead on 20:31 - May 23 with 4162 viewsR17ALE

There may be trouble ahead on 14:49 - May 23 by TomRAFC

"as it firstly works on the principle that there is a threat of sharia law when there is no such thing"

If you seriously believe that to be true then I presume you've been away with the fairies for some time! I have heard with my own ears several muslims on tv documentaries say they will not rest until the West adopts Sharia Law.

Some interesting points on this thread.

We do have a problem with the Asian communities. Several local girls will confirm this. How the problem is solved is the crux of the debate for me.

I don't like the edl because they remind me of 1980's football violence. If the edl were city folk waving their bowler hats about, wearing silk cravats, and smoking a pipe, I might even join them!!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

There may be trouble ahead on 20:42 - May 23 with 4140 viewsSuddenLad

There may be trouble ahead on 20:31 - May 23 by R17ALE

"as it firstly works on the principle that there is a threat of sharia law when there is no such thing"

If you seriously believe that to be true then I presume you've been away with the fairies for some time! I have heard with my own ears several muslims on tv documentaries say they will not rest until the West adopts Sharia Law.

Some interesting points on this thread.

We do have a problem with the Asian communities. Several local girls will confirm this. How the problem is solved is the crux of the debate for me.

I don't like the edl because they remind me of 1980's football violence. If the edl were city folk waving their bowler hats about, wearing silk cravats, and smoking a pipe, I might even join them!!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Swap the cravat for an Ascot, and I'm with you old bean......

There may be trouble ahead on 21:21 - May 23 with 4097 viewspedrodale

Someone has to bring it to governments attention and keep it there, as each of the big three all seem to be in denial this last 50 years as white comunities have disapeared, all seem afraid of being branded racist/nazis/anti muslim etc if they complain.
Someone also mensioned about the amount of money it costs to police the EDL but what about the amount of money it costs to get rid of the Terrorists (and find the in the first place)
There may be trouble ahead on 22:26 - May 23 with 4057 viewsTomRAFC

There may be trouble ahead on 16:29 - May 23 by Banned4ever

Has the E.D.L offended you if so how

they whole concept of an english defence league doesn't necessarilly offend me but it does irritate me that they are some how under the impression they speak for the english public

as for sharia law. people wanting sharia law and their being an actual threat of it are two entirely different things. less that 5% of the british public class themselves as islamic and what percentage of those are active extremists?

whoever it was who equated the edl to old style football holliganism had it spot on

there is a problem with a rise in religious extremism in this country but the methods of the edl are weak, inflamatory and unhelpfull

There may be trouble ahead on 07:11 - May 24 with 3984 viewsJumeirahDale

There may be trouble ahead on 22:26 - May 23 by TomRAFC

they whole concept of an english defence league doesn't necessarilly offend me but it does irritate me that they are some how under the impression they speak for the english public

as for sharia law. people wanting sharia law and their being an actual threat of it are two entirely different things. less that 5% of the british public class themselves as islamic and what percentage of those are active extremists?

whoever it was who equated the edl to old style football holliganism had it spot on

there is a problem with a rise in religious extremism in this country but the methods of the edl are weak, inflamatory and unhelpfull

"If you seriously believe that to be true then I presume you've been away with the fairies for some time! I have heard with my own ears several muslims on tv documentaries say they will not rest until the West adopts Sharia Law."

I won't rest until I've knobbed Jessica Alba in the Sandy Lane End. Doesn't mean it is going to happen.

To repeat the sentence above - just because a minority want to see Shariah law in the UK, doesn't make it a threat. Believe it or not, the powerful Muslims of the world have got a little bit more on their plates to worry about than forcing Shariah law on the UK - they see a lot of these no-mark clerics spouting bile on the streets of Lancashire as the same annoyance we do.

And did someone say the EDL were 'thriving'? Are you sh*tting me? How many people usually show up to these w*nkathons, a few hundred? Maybe a few thousand if the weather is nice and they hand out free beer? That's about the size of a Rochdale football crowd on a bad day - would you consider us Dale fans capable of being a serious political force if we put our mind to it? We can barely organise a Supporters' Trust between us without bickering and finger pointing!

The EDL are not 'thriving', and neither are the political and religious movements who want Shariah law in the UK. They are just two extremist (yep, extremist) sides of the same dirty little coin.
There may be trouble ahead on 08:45 - May 24 with 3965 viewsR17ALE

There may be trouble ahead on 07:11 - May 24 by JumeirahDale

"If you seriously believe that to be true then I presume you've been away with the fairies for some time! I have heard with my own ears several muslims on tv documentaries say they will not rest until the West adopts Sharia Law."

I won't rest until I've knobbed Jessica Alba in the Sandy Lane End. Doesn't mean it is going to happen.

To repeat the sentence above - just because a minority want to see Shariah law in the UK, doesn't make it a threat. Believe it or not, the powerful Muslims of the world have got a little bit more on their plates to worry about than forcing Shariah law on the UK - they see a lot of these no-mark clerics spouting bile on the streets of Lancashire as the same annoyance we do.

And did someone say the EDL were 'thriving'? Are you sh*tting me? How many people usually show up to these w*nkathons, a few hundred? Maybe a few thousand if the weather is nice and they hand out free beer? That's about the size of a Rochdale football crowd on a bad day - would you consider us Dale fans capable of being a serious political force if we put our mind to it? We can barely organise a Supporters' Trust between us without bickering and finger pointing!

The EDL are not 'thriving', and neither are the political and religious movements who want Shariah law in the UK. They are just two extremist (yep, extremist) sides of the same dirty little coin.

"I won't rest until I've knobbed Jessica Alba in the Sandy Lane End. Doesn't mean it is going to happen."

And that is precisely the point which you've made and then missed in the same sentence!

If you could, you would. If you thought there was half a chance, you'd be at it like a sex starved bullfrog! I might even join you at the other end!

The point is precisely that there are some for whom Sharia domination is an ultimate goal. They think it's do-able. Whilst this continues, we are under threat from terrorism, suicide bombers and so on. This isn't just them against the West. They've blown up Buddist monks in Bangkok for example.

I agree with you on everything else however!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

There may be trouble ahead on 08:54 - May 24 with 3957 viewsJumeirahDale

There may be trouble ahead on 08:45 - May 24 by R17ALE

"I won't rest until I've knobbed Jessica Alba in the Sandy Lane End. Doesn't mean it is going to happen."

And that is precisely the point which you've made and then missed in the same sentence!

If you could, you would. If you thought there was half a chance, you'd be at it like a sex starved bullfrog! I might even join you at the other end!

The point is precisely that there are some for whom Sharia domination is an ultimate goal. They think it's do-able. Whilst this continues, we are under threat from terrorism, suicide bombers and so on. This isn't just them against the West. They've blown up Buddist monks in Bangkok for example.

I agree with you on everything else however!

I hope by 'the other end' you mean you'll be in the WMG...

I suppose it depends on the interpretation of the 'threat' referred to originally. Threat of terrorism and the like? Of course, you make a more than fair point. But that has been the case for thousands of years and will be so for thousands more. Threat of Shariah law being adopted in the UK? No bloody chance.
There may be trouble ahead on 08:59 - May 24 with 3947 viewsjudd

There may be trouble ahead on 08:54 - May 24 by JumeirahDale

I hope by 'the other end' you mean you'll be in the WMG...

I suppose it depends on the interpretation of the 'threat' referred to originally. Threat of terrorism and the like? Of course, you make a more than fair point. But that has been the case for thousands of years and will be so for thousands more. Threat of Shariah law being adopted in the UK? No bloody chance.

By "the other end" I read that he was meaning in you, the filthy bastard.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024