Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Westley Apparently at it again. 11:17 - Jul 7 with 3125 viewsheywooddale

And we thought we had squad unity problems last year.

I tell you what he knows how to make friends that man.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2169972/Graham-Westley-texts-p

I understand he feels he needs to cut out the bad/unproductive element in the squad, but why does he insist on doing things by text message. It just make him come across as unprofessional and a bit of a knob.
Westley Apparently at it again. on 11:22 - Jul 7 with 3107 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Well he did make Stevenage a Championship calibure team before he sold out to Preston North End maybe its the modern day way to build a great team from Conference Level to Championship Level that's if you get were i am coming from?

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Westley Apparently at it again. on 12:04 - Jul 7 with 3024 viewssweetcorn

Westley Apparently at it again. on 11:22 - Jul 7 by DaleAwaydayBot

Well he did make Stevenage a Championship calibure team before he sold out to Preston North End maybe its the modern day way to build a great team from Conference Level to Championship Level that's if you get were i am coming from?

How do you know he made them into a championship calibre team? They didnt make it past the semi's, so to me, they look like a play-off league one team.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Westley Apparently at it again. on 12:08 - Jul 7 with 3016 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Westley Apparently at it again. on 12:04 - Jul 7 by sweetcorn

How do you know he made them into a championship calibre team? They didnt make it past the semi's, so to me, they look like a play-off league one team.

I think if he had stayed he'd of Finished Stevenage in a Automatic Spot and the team were very well bonded

Getting 4 odd goal results on more than one occasion you can tell he left Stevenage for the pay check

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Westley Apparently at it again. on 12:10 - Jul 7 with 3012 viewssweetcorn

Westley Apparently at it again. on 12:08 - Jul 7 by DaleAwaydayBot

I think if he had stayed he'd of Finished Stevenage in a Automatic Spot and the team were very well bonded

Getting 4 odd goal results on more than one occasion you can tell he left Stevenage for the pay check

well we'll never know now, however i don't quite think they were heading for automatic. so your prediction is as useful as a chocolate fireguard and the only thing that is certain is stevenage are a league one side.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Westley Apparently at it again. on 12:20 - Jul 7 with 2996 views442Dale

Westley was at Stevenage for half the league season. They accumulated more points in the 23 games after he left than in the 23 he was there.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Westley Apparently at it again. on 12:24 - Jul 7 with 2985 viewsjudd

I don't see what Westley has done wrong here and he's clearly backed by his board.

JC has had a similar clear out here.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Westley Apparently at it again. on 13:50 - Jul 7 with 2865 viewsphomem

Playoffs best couldn't compete with the big 3
Westley Apparently at it again. on 14:09 - Jul 7 with 2842 viewspl56

Westley Apparently at it again. on 12:24 - Jul 7 by judd

I don't see what Westley has done wrong here and he's clearly backed by his board.

JC has had a similar clear out here.

Agreed .

Our problem last season was that we had a manager who didn't have the balls to sort the big decisions out for the majority of the season .

GW has a clear vision about where he wants to be and isn't afraid to upset a few people to get there . I just hope we now have similar single-mindedness at managerial level a la Hill/Flitcroft .
Login to get fewer ads

Westley Apparently at it again. on 14:53 - Jul 7 with 2794 viewsStudiousDale

I just wonder if Richard Wright leaving them a few days into a 1 year contract was genuinely down to 'home-sickness', and not the discovery of bigger underlying problems at the club/in the dressing room.

Westley has inherited one of those Football Manager nightmare scenarios - big, ambitious club but with players paid far too much for their ability, with little appetite who seem impossible to move on.
Westley Apparently at it again. on 02:06 - Jul 9 with 2515 viewsoddjob007

Westley Apparently at it again. on 14:53 - Jul 7 by StudiousDale

I just wonder if Richard Wright leaving them a few days into a 1 year contract was genuinely down to 'home-sickness', and not the discovery of bigger underlying problems at the club/in the dressing room.

Westley has inherited one of those Football Manager nightmare scenarios - big, ambitious club but with players paid far too much for their ability, with little appetite who seem impossible to move on.

That struck me as odd also.. How many years was Wright at Everton?!

Doesn't Westley treat his players as full time employees - ie makes them do a 37/40 hour week? I always wondered why any player would want to do that, when the norm for a footballer is probably half that, unless they had no other options!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024