Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tour de France.(non football thread) 00:54 - Jul 14 with 2744 viewsdownunder

Plenty of cyclists in Rochdale, any on here?
OK, I know wearing Lycra can look stupid, and clicky heels are a bit gay, but GB is on the verge of winning the most famous cycle race in the world. Team Sky were set up to do this, and a win this year is ahead of their schedule.
It shows that investment, planning and training can pay off.
I hope Wiggins, Froome and the rest of their team stay healthy for the next 2 weeks, to make their plan come to fruition.
Tour de France.(non football thread) on 02:23 - Jul 14 with 2728 viewsDaley_Lama

A TDF made for Wiggo.

3 time trials, less than normal brutal mountain stages, a team of lead out men including Froome which Evans doesnt have this year Etc

Thurs stage was the best or worst stage of the tour, depending on view point. My viewpoint is that Wiggo is the undoubted announted winner for sky bur Froome is rhe better all round rider in their team and equally Niboli is too, but he doesnt have the likes of Froome and Rodgers to one pace him all the way so that its all about time trials and not that much else.

Im more comfortable with it all being about the team delivering a man for a stage win e.g. cavendish but when its the Yellow jersey in the mountain stages ie where men are men, i felt very much for Froome having to obey orders (3 km out, did aburst, got told to get back and pace wiggo) and Niboli who tried and tried again to get away from the machine that is team sky, his only consolation being him out sprinting wiggo despite the latter being nannied all the way up the mountain compared to Niboli doing burst after burst.

Rodgers for Team Sky is effing remarkable, their team is so so strong and i can see why wiggo is not mr popular amongst the riders.

The mountain stages are normally brilliant battles by the main contenders eg Schlek v Contador, no teams, individual battles.

Sky are that strong, its not the case this year.

Shame, without taking anything away from their systematic approach to le tour

Poll: DF in or out

Tour de France.(non football thread) on 04:34 - Jul 14 with 2717 viewsdownunder

Tour de France.(non football thread) on 02:23 - Jul 14 by Daley_Lama

A TDF made for Wiggo.

3 time trials, less than normal brutal mountain stages, a team of lead out men including Froome which Evans doesnt have this year Etc

Thurs stage was the best or worst stage of the tour, depending on view point. My viewpoint is that Wiggo is the undoubted announted winner for sky bur Froome is rhe better all round rider in their team and equally Niboli is too, but he doesnt have the likes of Froome and Rodgers to one pace him all the way so that its all about time trials and not that much else.

Im more comfortable with it all being about the team delivering a man for a stage win e.g. cavendish but when its the Yellow jersey in the mountain stages ie where men are men, i felt very much for Froome having to obey orders (3 km out, did aburst, got told to get back and pace wiggo) and Niboli who tried and tried again to get away from the machine that is team sky, his only consolation being him out sprinting wiggo despite the latter being nannied all the way up the mountain compared to Niboli doing burst after burst.

Rodgers for Team Sky is effing remarkable, their team is so so strong and i can see why wiggo is not mr popular amongst the riders.

The mountain stages are normally brilliant battles by the main contenders eg Schlek v Contador, no teams, individual battles.

You know your stuff.
Favourite TDF for me was the Armstrong/Pantani battle (Was it in 2000?) They had traded insults, yet Pantani was a true gent when he waited for Armstrong to remount after Lance had exited a downhill into a paddock.
Tour de France.(non football thread) on 21:38 - Jul 15 with 2591 viewsphomem

Stage sabotaged today by tacks being placed on the road to course punctures!
Tour de France.(non football thread) on 19:21 - Jul 16 with 2511 viewsBobbyjoe

Tour de France.(non football thread) on 02:23 - Jul 14 by Daley_Lama

A TDF made for Wiggo.

Spot on, Lama. It's not Wiggo's fault that it's a non-vintage year (How Murray must envy him his calibre of opposition!), and let's hope that it's not a case of a clean tour being a boring tour. His win, if it comes, will still be a magnificent sporting achievement, perhaps equalled only by Jacklin winning the US Open in 1970.
Tour de France.(non football thread) on 20:30 - Jul 16 with 2478 viewsDaley_Lama

Tour de France.(non football thread) on 19:21 - Jul 16 by Bobbyjoe

Spot on, Lama. It's not Wiggo's fault that it's a non-vintage year (How Murray must envy him his calibre of opposition!), and let's hope that it's not a case of a clean tour being a boring tour. His win, if it comes, will still be a magnificent sporting achievement, perhaps equalled only by Jacklin winning the US Open in 1970.

Another non event today, breakaway let go from the start on what should have been a sprinters finish.

2 big mountain stages left, weds and thurs.

Here's hoping for some drama

Poll: DF in or out

Tour de France.(non football thread) on 22:34 - Jul 16 with 2451 viewsdownunder

Tour de France.(non football thread) on 21:38 - Jul 15 by phomem

Stage sabotaged today by tacks being placed on the road to course punctures!

I blame the French Government. They tacks everything. (Do I hear groans?)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024