Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
referee (intresting) 11:26 - Oct 3 with 5524 viewshitman

referee (intresting) on 11:59 - Oct 3 with 4220 viewsphomem

What you trying to say...
referee (intresting) on 13:03 - Oct 3 with 4166 viewsTVOS1907

To say he has been demoted isn't strictly true.

There are only 10 Premier League games each weekend, therefore only 10 referees are needed.

The remaining Select Group referees will be shared out between fourth official duties and Football League games. Some won't have a game if they have had to travel back from Europa League action on Thursday night.

Obviously Accrington v Dale is seen as something of a powder keg match because of it being a derby, both teams in the top ten and the Coleman connection.

That story is just someone mischief-making. In the past it was very uncommon to see a referee twice a season, so nothing should be read into the fact that Dean and Clattenburg haven't been back to Old Trafford in the past year.

Indeed, Dean refereed United's match at Southampton the other week and their match at Arsenal in January, both of which have been since the Blackburn game.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

referee (intresting) on 13:30 - Oct 3 with 4124 viewsBobbyjoe

referee (intresting) on 13:03 - Oct 3 by TVOS1907

There are only 10 Premier League games each weekend, therefore only 10 referees are needed.

The remaining Select Group referees will be shared out between fourth official duties and Football League games. Some won't have a game if they have had to travel back from Europa League action on Thursday night.

Obviously Accrington v Dale is seen as something of a powder keg match because of it being a derby, both teams in the top ten and the Coleman connection.

That story is just someone mischief-making. In the past it was very uncommon to see a referee twice a season, so nothing should be read into the fact that Dean and Clattenburg haven't been back to Old Trafford in the past year.

Indeed, Dean refereed United's match at Southampton the other week and their match at Arsenal in January, both of which have been since the Blackburn game.

"Obviously Accrington v Dale is seen as something of a powder keg match.........."

Good point, TVOS, I think he's doing Barca/Real on Sunday, too.
referee (intresting) on 13:44 - Oct 3 with 4101 viewsceme_ender

Of course he's demoted. It's his first fourth tier game in about four or five years.
Fergie plays it to get the refs he wants who favour united. Have a look who's reffing there game this weekend.after his rant.he'll play until they score if there getting beat and i wouldn't bet against them being handed a pen for fook all.
I cant see it being his only united game this season.

Cardiff v swansea yes, west ham v millwall, yes. leeds v man utd. yes
Accrington v dale is not a powder keg match ffs! Don't forget your tin hats for that one!
referee (intresting) on 14:02 - Oct 3 with 4080 viewsjudd

referee (intresting) on 13:44 - Oct 3 by ceme_ender

Of course he's demoted. It's his first fourth tier game in about four or five years.
Fergie plays it to get the refs he wants who favour united. Have a look who's reffing there game this weekend.after his rant.he'll play until they score if there getting beat and i wouldn't bet against them being handed a pen for fook all.
I cant see it being his only united game this season.

Cardiff v swansea yes, west ham v millwall, yes. leeds v man utd. yes
Accrington v dale is not a powder keg match ffs! Don't forget your tin hats for that one!

If it's on, of course.

Poll: What is it to be then?

referee (intresting) on 14:37 - Oct 3 with 4049 viewsSuddenLad

You can put whatever 'spin' on this issue as you like, but the decision stinks.

Ferguson will have been whingeing and whining as he was in the Press at weekend and on the TV and it is no coincidence that Chris Foy finds himself plummeting down the league system to officiate at Accrington as a result of the 'missing minutes' at Old Trafford. When did he last officiate at that level. ?

The sooner Ferguson is put out to grass, the better football will be. It's never his teams' fault, its never his players fault, it's always inept referees or incompetent officials that cause his sides to lose.

The only time he ever seems capable of accepting his side were 'under par' is when they have managed to scrape a victory which was undeserved.

Other than that the usual siege mentality applies. He's the worst loser on the planet. Unfortunately, it's not often enough.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

referee (intresting) on 14:40 - Oct 3 with 4045 viewsJumeirahDale

More likely that Clattenburg was demoted because he is a complete wazzock.

Has the bury pitch drained yet?
referee (intresting) on 14:56 - Oct 3 with 4027 viewsTVOS1907

referee (intresting) on 13:30 - Oct 3 by Bobbyjoe

"Obviously Accrington v Dale is seen as something of a powder keg match.........."

Good point, TVOS, I think he's doing Barca/Real on Sunday, too.

There are no direct flights from Accrington to Spain.

Login to get fewer ads

referee (intresting) on 15:01 - Oct 3 with 4021 viewsTVOS1907

referee (intresting) on 14:37 - Oct 3 by SuddenLad

Ferguson will have been whingeing and whining as he was in the Press at weekend and on the TV and it is no coincidence that Chris Foy finds himself plummeting down the league system to officiate at Accrington as a result of the 'missing minutes' at Old Trafford. When did he last officiate at that level. ?

The sooner Ferguson is put out to grass, the better football will be. It's never his teams' fault, its never his players fault, it's always inept referees or incompetent officials that cause his sides to lose.

The only time he ever seems capable of accepting his side were 'under par' is when they have managed to scrape a victory which was undeserved.

Other than that the usual siege mentality applies. He's the worst loser on the planet. Unfortunately, it's not often enough.

Totally agree with you about Ferguson, but I stand by everything else I've said.

We might not seriously think Accrington v Dale is a 'powder keg' match (which was perhaps a deliberate exaggeration on my part), but those making the appointment will look at all the factors I mentioned and decide the game needs a more experienced official.

In the same way, our JPT game v bury on Tuesday is being refereed by Bobby Madley, who did Forest v Derby on Sunday. Whatever the rights and wrongs of his performance in that match, the Football League have decided, as low key as the JPT is, they are giving it to an official who must have recieved good marks this season.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

referee (intresting) on 15:11 - Oct 3 with 4008 viewsceme_ender

referee (intresting) on 14:02 - Oct 3 by judd

If it's on, of course.

did you do an elton and adopt your child you take to the match? I thought you were gay yesterday? Or is it a Micheal Barrymore situation?

I think we'll have a few games off this season. There's a small section of our pitch that doesn't drain very well and is mostly frozen in winter. Doesn't get any light. The majority of pitch is fine but if you can't take a corner you can't really play the game. We had a game against somebody the other week when part of the pitch had to have a fair amount of sand put down. Not good.
referee (intresting) on 15:40 - Oct 3 with 3975 viewsjudd

referee (intresting) on 15:11 - Oct 3 by ceme_ender

did you do an elton and adopt your child you take to the match? I thought you were gay yesterday? Or is it a Micheal Barrymore situation?

I think we'll have a few games off this season. There's a small section of our pitch that doesn't drain very well and is mostly frozen in winter. Doesn't get any light. The majority of pitch is fine but if you can't take a corner you can't really play the game. We had a game against somebody the other week when part of the pitch had to have a fair amount of sand put down. Not good.

The child is Rumanian and had a 28 day no quibble guarantee.

referee (intresting) on 15:41 - Oct 3 with 3974 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

we'll probably get Howard Webb for the Bucket Match

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

referee (intresting) on 15:47 - Oct 3 with 3960 viewsTVOS1907

referee (intresting) on 15:41 - Oct 3 by DaleAwaydayBot

We haven't, as I've explained above.

referee (intresting) on 15:59 - Oct 3 with 3944 viewsphomem

referee (intresting) on 15:47 - Oct 3 by TVOS1907

We haven't, as I've explained above.

He'll still be convinced he's right
referee (intresting) on 16:00 - Oct 3 with 3942 views442Dale

referee (intresting) on 14:37 - Oct 3 by SuddenLad

Ferguson will always look to avoid criticising his team, that's his management style. Hill was similar.

Didn't Phil Dowd do Bury-Dale three years ago then Utd-City the week after? 'Top' refs have often been seen at our level.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

referee (intresting) on 16:01 - Oct 3 with 3941 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Rochdale v Bury (19:30)
ROBERT MADLEY
Ian Hussin and Paul Kettlewell
Fourth Official Ken Haycock

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

referee (intresting) on 16:17 - Oct 3 with 3922 viewsjudd

referee (intresting) on 16:01 - Oct 3 by DaleAwaydayBot

ROBERT MADLEY

Shouldn't that be Rochdale v Boggy-nor Regis?

referee (intresting) on 16:20 - Oct 3 with 3917 viewshitman

referee (intresting) on 16:01 - Oct 3 by DaleAwaydayBot

ROBERT MADLEY

dd you know this TVOS ?
referee (intresting) on 16:21 - Oct 3 with 3909 viewsTVOS1907

referee (intresting) on 16:00 - Oct 3 by 442Dale

Ferguson will always look to avoid criticising his team, that's his management style. Hill was similar.

Didn't Phil Dowd do Bury-Dale three years ago then Utd-City the week after? 'Top' refs have often been seen at our level.

Alan Wiley

referee (intresting) on 16:21 - Oct 3 with 3907 viewsTVOS1907

referee (intresting) on 16:20 - Oct 3 by hitman

dd you know this TVOS ?

I do now.

Thanks Taz.

referee (intresting) on 16:26 - Oct 3 with 3894 views442Dale

Forest-Derby is a tinpot rivalry anyway. Anyone with a whistle could do that one.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

referee (intresting) on 16:27 - Oct 3 with 3893 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Talking of Deans........I trust we will never see that cheat Dean Mohareb again,let alone this season.
referee (intresting) on 16:34 - Oct 3 with 3878 viewsphomem

@PLPhilD explaining the ref rotation on twitter
referee (intresting) on 16:39 - Oct 3 with 3869 viewsBigKindo

referee (intresting) on 15:41 - Oct 3 by DaleAwaydayBot

Because of all the rain perhaps Webb feet will be needed?
referee (intresting) on 16:56 - Oct 3 with 3837 viewsJumeirahDale

Seaking of corruption, this is the own goal that a defender in Italy recently admitted he scored on purpose to assist Lecce in avoiding relegation.

What worries me is how if I saw this in a game, it wouldn't even cross my mind that it might be deliberate. Scary thought. Apparently this sort of thing was rife in the 80s, particularly when spot-betting began to pay out on the first throw-in. Remember all those kick-offs that were hoofed to a sprinting winger, yet always seemed to go out of play? Admittedly most of the time it would have been because Dale were sh*t at passing throughout the 80s, but still!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024