Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 10 worst individual performances 12:56 - Jan 12 with 3148 viewsBeechball

As we had a new contender last week I thought I'd list the worst displays by an individual I've seen at Dale. Anyone I've missed out ?

1. Matt Dickins Torquay away 94-95
2. Marcus Richardson Kidderminster home 04-05
3. Neil Brisco Wycombe away 05-06
4. Simon Coleman Shrewsbury home 00-01
5. Paul Williams Chester away 93-94
6. Chris Lee Gillingham away 90-91
7. John Pender Scunthorpe away 97-98
8. Jon Boardman Stockport away 05-06
9. Steve Doyle Chesterfield home 92-93

and last but not least

10. George Donnelly Wimbledon home 12-13
Top 10 worst individual performances on 12:58 - Jan 12 with 2560 viewsJumeirahDale

Simpkins away at Torquay. He was sent off to cheers from the Dale fans, and we ended up playing infinitely better without him and winning the game (3-2 I think).
Top 10 worst individual performances on 13:01 - Jan 12 with 2550 viewsSalwaDale

Thackeray away at Darlo once when he was sent off?
Gareth Griffiths Bambi on Ice performance (Macc away?)
Paul Butler's debut?

TBBT

Top 10 worst individual performances on 13:07 - Jan 12 with 2537 viewsdingdangblue

Trotman at Oldham, Barnes - homer's 1 half at spotland last season , can't remember who against. The one memorable one for me was McArdle v Brentford at Spotland - We lost and Rhodes got 2 - strangest performance ever - it was as if he was drunk he was so off the pace? Kept falling over the ball and getting caught in possession. It was bizarre and funny at the same time.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Top 10 worst individual performances on 13:13 - Jan 12 with 2527 viewsSalwaDale

Top 10 worst individual performances on 13:07 - Jan 12 by dingdangblue

Trotman at Oldham, Barnes - homer's 1 half at spotland last season , can't remember who against. The one memorable one for me was McArdle v Brentford at Spotland - We lost and Rhodes got 2 - strangest performance ever - it was as if he was drunk he was so off the pace? Kept falling over the ball and getting caught in possession. It was bizarre and funny at the same time.

Trotman at Oldham, very good call.

TBBT

Top 10 worst individual performances on 13:17 - Jan 12 with 2519 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Possible League up finalist Rory Mcardle and Nathan Stanton against Torquay away in the promotion season. Zebroski and Benyon were great that day, but Mcardle and Stanton made them look like world-beaters.

Also, I can't remember the specific game (it was at home), but I recall watching Roland Bergkamp and thinking.......'my god, you've got absolutely nothing. No pace, can't jump and no skill.' There have been lots of bad performances by players, but, rather than thinking 'blimey he's having a bad game', I distinctly remember thinking, 'this player does not have the attributes to play at a professional or semi-professional level in this country'.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Top 10 worst individual performances on 13:25 - Jan 12 with 2498 viewsSuddenLad

Some were undoubtedly bad, but there are plenty worse than these, many involving ALL the players in the same game between 1970 and 1974.

Les Strong in 1985 is STILL the worst player I have ever seen in a Dale shirt. Thank God it was only 1 game.

Pick a few more from the 80's including a rotund Alan Young, a few from Vernon Allatt and I'm sure others will have their 'favourites'.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Top 10 worst individual performances on 13:49 - Jan 12 with 2458 viewsChaffRAFC

Michael Simpkins v Torquay away (2004/04)
Warren Goodhind v Wycombe away (2005/06)
Neil Brisco v Wycombe away (2005/06)
John Boardman v Stockport away (2005/06)
Rory McArdle v Stockport away (2005/06)
Simon Coleman v Shrewsbury at home (2000/01)
Kevin Kyle v Shrewsbury at home (2000/01)
Neal Trotman v Oldham away (2011/12)
Lee Hodges v Lincoln away (2002/03)
Sean McClare v Southend away (2003/04)
Matt Dickins v Torquay away (1994/95)

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Top 10 worst individual performances on 13:52 - Jan 12 with 2448 views442Dale

The MBH one was v Colchester, he didn't even look like a footballer. The McArdle one was so entertaining that I was hoping people would keep passing to him for more quality mishaps.

Amazing how some of those mentioned still stick out in the memory.

Few more:
* Graham Shaw's debut at Hereford. Knew from 20 minutes in we'd been saddled with a complete dud.
* Dave Sutton v Burnley at home in the Littlewoods Cup in '88. George Oghani gave him the run around AND he had pink plaster-tape on his boots.
* Pender at Scunny was bad, but luckily he was stretchered off. Pender at Hartlepool was worse - when Neil Edwards was playing them on his own.
* Alan Young v Middlesborough in the Leyland Daf or whatever. He couldn't even be arsed to take a penalty in the shootout.
* Andy Farrell at Carlisle in the Auto Windscreens. Gave the ball away when we were 5-1 down, many were hoping they'd score again to ensure Farrell felt even worse.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Top 10 worst individual performances on 13:53 - Jan 12 with 2445 viewsClivert

The McArdle Vs Brentford one stands out for me , it smacked of a pissed up pub player on Sunday morning.

Trotman at Crewe in the pre season, OG, penalty conceded and what would have a been a certain red card if it had have been a competitive fixture in a seperate incident to the penalty. Neale Trotman would be one of the first names on the team sheet in my all time shite XI.
Top 10 worst individual performances on 14:07 - Jan 12 with 2419 viewsBeechball

Top 10 worst individual performances on 13:52 - Jan 12 by 442Dale

The MBH one was v Colchester, he didn't even look like a footballer. The McArdle one was so entertaining that I was hoping people would keep passing to him for more quality mishaps.

Amazing how some of those mentioned still stick out in the memory.

Few more:
* Graham Shaw's debut at Hereford. Knew from 20 minutes in we'd been saddled with a complete dud.
* Dave Sutton v Burnley at home in the Littlewoods Cup in '88. George Oghani gave him the run around AND he had pink plaster-tape on his boots.
* Pender at Scunny was bad, but luckily he was stretchered off. Pender at Hartlepool was worse - when Neil Edwards was playing them on his own.
* Alan Young v Middlesborough in the Leyland Daf or whatever. He couldn't even be arsed to take a penalty in the shootout.
* Andy Farrell at Carlisle in the Auto Windscreens. Gave the ball away when we were 5-1 down, many were hoping they'd score again to ensure Farrell felt even worse.

You're right about Pender at Hartlepool but everyone bar Edwards was appalling that game so I picked Scunthorpe instead. Pender for me is the worst player we've ever spent money on.
Top 10 worst individual performances on 14:11 - Jan 12 with 2407 viewsoff2div1

Lee Thorpe came on as sub at don valley and got sent off. Was wondering if he was on drugs at the time.
Top 10 worst individual performances on 14:13 - Jan 12 with 2401 viewssweetcorn

Temitope Obadeyi vs Bury on TV. Remember him going down the wing, attempting to cross it, only for it to go over the stand NEXT TO HIM!

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Top 10 worst individual performances on 14:14 - Jan 12 with 2395 views442Dale

Top 10 worst individual performances on 14:13 - Jan 12 by sweetcorn

Temitope Obadeyi vs Bury on TV. Remember him going down the wing, attempting to cross it, only for it to go over the stand NEXT TO HIM!

But he did set up THAT chance for COG.

Top 10 worst individual performances on 14:16 - Jan 12 with 2392 viewssweetcorn

Top 10 worst individual performances on 14:14 - Jan 12 by 442Dale

But he did set up THAT chance for COG.

Please do not remind me of THAT miss. Going to college in bury was the worst feeling ever that next day. if only O'grady could have scored from a foot out.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Top 10 worst individual performances on 14:20 - Jan 12 with 2379 viewsSalwaDale

Top 10 worst individual performances on 14:07 - Jan 12 by Beechball

You're right about Pender at Hartlepool but everyone bar Edwards was appalling that game so I picked Scunthorpe instead. Pender for me is the worst player we've ever spent money on.

I don't remember us having a Pender. My very poor memory can vaguely remember a Penderog playing for us.

TBBT

Top 10 worst individual performances on 14:21 - Jan 12 with 2379 viewsClivert

Top 10 worst individual performances on 14:16 - Jan 12 by sweetcorn

Please do not remind me of THAT miss. Going to college in bury was the worst feeling ever that next day. if only O'grady could have scored from a foot out.

He was shoved in the back by Sodje tbf.
Top 10 worst individual performances on 14:32 - Jan 12 with 2356 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Top 10 worst individual performances on 14:20 - Jan 12 by SalwaDale

I don't remember us having a Pender. My very poor memory can vaguely remember a Penderog playing for us.

A 15 stone plus John Pender was a Barrow signing after playing for him at Wigan.

Pender played a number of years for Burnley, around the time they got promoted.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Top 10 worst individual performances on 14:33 - Jan 12 with 2351 viewsColDale

Can only concur with Pender v Hartlepool

McArdle v Bradford when we played him at right back was something of a shocker
Top 10 worst individual performances on 14:41 - Jan 12 with 2335 views442Dale

Top 10 worst individual performances on 14:32 - Jan 12 by SteTsGoldenBoot

A 15 stone plus John Pender was a Barrow signing after playing for him at Wigan.

Pender played a number of years for Burnley, around the time they got promoted.

Penderog was the nickname he came with.

Top 10 worst individual performances on 15:35 - Jan 12 with 2278 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Top 10 worst individual performances on 14:11 - Jan 12 by off2div1

Lee Thorpe came on as sub at don valley and got sent off. Was wondering if he was on drugs at the time.

I think nothing came of this on account that it didn't contribute to any improvement in his play whatsoever. Didn't even improve his arm wrestling ffs.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Top 10 worst individual performances on 15:41 - Jan 12 with 2265 viewselectricblue

Chris lee whenever he walked down that tunnel..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Top 10 worst individual performances on 15:42 - Jan 12 with 2259 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Top 10 worst individual performances on 14:41 - Jan 12 by 442Dale

Penderog was the nickname he came with.

Think I may have been woooooooooooooooooooooooshed :-)

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Top 10 worst individual performances on 15:46 - Jan 12 with 2247 viewsSalwaDale

Top 10 worst individual performances on 15:42 - Jan 12 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Think I may have been woooooooooooooooooooooooshed :-)

Yeah, never mind.

TBBT

Top 10 worst individual performances on 15:49 - Jan 12 with 2241 viewsseasidedale

All 4 Matt Dickins games perm any 6 of chris Simkins
Top 10 worst individual performances on 19:17 - Jan 12 with 2184 viewsregjenkins

Trotman playing against us at Chesterfield this season.. he was poor to be kind to him..

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024