Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wheres the sense 22:21 - Jan 12 with 2368 viewssomdale

I find a lot of the stuff on here a bit bewildering at the moment, we seem to have some very passionte fans and very sensible in their views.
It is now being said that the board would be happy to see the Dale go into non league, i rea about how worried people are about the future, how we have no say in the running of the club, i read about the low attendances and how these attendances are making it impossible for us to compete.

Lots of passion and worry from our loyal fans> What i dont understand is after all this i read i then read that people will not be renewing their season tickets, well that will help. Chairmen, managers, players, they come and go, its only the fans that stick it out and see the good times nd the bad times.

Not renewing your season ticket or boycotting the club surely only puts you in the same boat as those who dont care about the club.

Keep the faith, it was used a lot in Hillys reign, but it was easy then, surely now is the time we need to keep the faith, surely now is when The Dale need you the most.

Its a moment in our history that we will want to forget, but its been a whole lot worse and we survived an its only wth the fans help that we will contnue to survive.
Wheres the sense on 22:29 - Jan 12 with 2318 viewsGhanaDale

We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Wheres the sense on 22:41 - Jan 12 with 2283 viewsColDale

Supporters are feeling very disgruntled at what they are having to put up with. It's very real, and I don't think they are being precious in any way in what they are saying. Football has become a very expensive hobby in a very expensive time, and when it comes to the £300 to £400, it's a lot of money to pay out for something that is leaving supporters feeling disappointed and cheated.
Wheres the sense on 22:41 - Jan 12 with 2282 views442Dale

Edit: link didn't work edit
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Wheres the sense on 23:05 - Jan 12 with 2229 viewsrochdale1

please forward to the chairman i think hes forgot what makes a club
Wheres the sense on 23:54 - Jan 12 with 2165 viewsjudd

Still waiting for any kind of response from correspondence to the Chairman from weeks (months?) ago? Sorry, can't remember the name of the poster.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Wheres the sense on 23:56 - Jan 12 with 2157 views442Dale

Wheres the sense on 23:54 - Jan 12 by judd

Still waiting for any kind of response from correspondence to the Chairman from weeks (months?) ago? Sorry, can't remember the name of the poster.

aleanddale wasn't it?

Wheres the sense on 23:57 - Jan 12 with 2149 viewsjudd

Wheres the sense on 23:56 - Jan 12 by 442Dale

aleanddale wasn't it?

I don't stalk posters

Wheres the sense on 23:58 - Jan 12 with 2141 viewsD_Alien

Wheres the sense on 23:57 - Jan 12 by judd

I don't stalk posters

Who then?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Wheres the sense on 23:58 - Jan 12 with 2134 viewsjudd

Wheres the sense on 23:58 - Jan 12 by D_Alien

Who then?

Radio 1 DJ's

Wheres the sense on 23:59 - Jan 12 with 2126 views442Dale

Wheres the sense on 23:58 - Jan 12 by judd

Radio 1 DJ's

Not forum posters called DJ?

Wheres the sense on 00:00 - Jan 13 with 2123 viewsroccydaleian

Wheres the sense on 23:57 - Jan 12 by judd

I don't stalk posters

I bet Tazbot disagree's
Wheres the sense on 00:00 - Jan 13 with 2121 viewsjudd

Wheres the sense on 23:59 - Jan 12 by 442Dale

Not forum posters called DJ?

Apart from him, maybe.

Wheres the sense on 00:00 - Jan 13 with 2120 viewsD_Alien

Wheres the sense on 23:58 - Jan 12 by judd

Radio 1 DJ's

Haven't you had a vinyl warning about that?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Wheres the sense on 00:01 - Jan 13 with 2112 viewsjudd

Wheres the sense on 00:00 - Jan 13 by D_Alien

Haven't you had a vinyl warning about that?

No. I just enjoy tuning in.

Wheres the sense on 00:02 - Jan 13 with 2102 viewsjudd

Wheres the sense on 00:00 - Jan 13 by roccydaleian

I bet Tazbot disagree's

He doesn't post no more, according to the number two clique.

Wheres the sense on 09:47 - Jan 13 with 2023 viewssomdale

Wheres the sense on 22:41 - Jan 12 by ColDale

Supporters are feeling very disgruntled at what they are having to put up with. It's very real, and I don't think they are being precious in any way in what they are saying. Football has become a very expensive hobby in a very expensive time, and when it comes to the £300 to £400, it's a lot of money to pay out for something that is leaving supporters feeling disappointed and cheated.

But that's my point, if we were playing well people would spend the money, so that's just like being a glory supporter, the club needs you now not when all is good. Can we not just accept that at this moment in time we are not good enough, maybe Coleman did panic and brought in the people he knew and trusted seems like a perfectly human thing to do to me. Maybe the club did hope to be in a better position to fund the side, but because the fans stopped going it now isn't possible, so as a club we either stick together and ride it out or we go our seperate ways and hope for the best.
Wheres the sense on 10:12 - Jan 13 with 2002 viewsColDale

Wheres the sense on 09:47 - Jan 13 by somdale

But that's my point, if we were playing well people would spend the money, so that's just like being a glory supporter, the club needs you now not when all is good. Can we not just accept that at this moment in time we are not good enough, maybe Coleman did panic and brought in the people he knew and trusted seems like a perfectly human thing to do to me. Maybe the club did hope to be in a better position to fund the side, but because the fans stopped going it now isn't possible, so as a club we either stick together and ride it out or we go our seperate ways and hope for the best.

But it's not just a results thing. We've had bad sides before, and this current side has more quality than some of the dross that has been inflicted on us in the past. Like for like, we were worse under Eyre last season, but this feeling of disenchantment wasn't there.

I have no major issues with Coleman's player recruitment last summer, and have long argued the reasons why he signed the players he did. The dressing room was allowed to become almost poisonous last year, and rightly Coleman needed to get a set of players who were prepared to work with him and not against him, so it's perfectly understandable why he went for the tried and tested.

However, that doesn't excuse the player antics that we've had all season - the constant need to beat the officials rather than the opposition. Perhaps the win at all costs approach would be understandable if we were actually winning. Maybe we've been spoiled in the past, but this approach to the game is completely alien to Dale supporters and it feels very wrong. This could be stopped straight away with direction from the chairman putting his foot down and insisting upon fair play. Off the field, the players by all accounts are the best set of players we've had at the club, and their work within the community is outstanding. But when they cross that line, we are showing the attributes of a sunday league team.

That coupled with what borders on a near obsession with a style of play in home games that fits perfectly with the opposition's tactics. The stubborn refusal to try things differently is resulting in hundreds of people walking away. It matters not whether these people are deemed to be glory supporters - they are Dale fans and we need their money. We cannot allow it to get to a stage of 1000 "true fans".
Wheres the sense on 10:56 - Jan 13 with 1975 viewssomdale

Wheres the sense on 10:12 - Jan 13 by ColDale

But it's not just a results thing. We've had bad sides before, and this current side has more quality than some of the dross that has been inflicted on us in the past. Like for like, we were worse under Eyre last season, but this feeling of disenchantment wasn't there.

I have no major issues with Coleman's player recruitment last summer, and have long argued the reasons why he signed the players he did. The dressing room was allowed to become almost poisonous last year, and rightly Coleman needed to get a set of players who were prepared to work with him and not against him, so it's perfectly understandable why he went for the tried and tested.

However, that doesn't excuse the player antics that we've had all season - the constant need to beat the officials rather than the opposition. Perhaps the win at all costs approach would be understandable if we were actually winning. Maybe we've been spoiled in the past, but this approach to the game is completely alien to Dale supporters and it feels very wrong. This could be stopped straight away with direction from the chairman putting his foot down and insisting upon fair play. Off the field, the players by all accounts are the best set of players we've had at the club, and their work within the community is outstanding. But when they cross that line, we are showing the attributes of a sunday league team.

That coupled with what borders on a near obsession with a style of play in home games that fits perfectly with the opposition's tactics. The stubborn refusal to try things differently is resulting in hundreds of people walking away. It matters not whether these people are deemed to be glory supporters - they are Dale fans and we need their money. We cannot allow it to get to a stage of 1000 "true fans".

I fully understand why people do not want to go, I just don't think its the right way to go, it would be easier to pay Coleman of, for instance, if that's what people want, if we were getting more money in, now we cannot afford to off load him, we can't get better players in because we cannot afford to risk it, hands are tied and only dale fans can get us out of it by attending and putting money in the club. Sure all the other stuff matters and needs addressing, but walking away will only make things worse.
Wheres the sense on 11:15 - Jan 13 with 1931 viewsDalenet

Wheres the sense on 10:56 - Jan 13 by somdale

I fully understand why people do not want to go, I just don't think its the right way to go, it would be easier to pay Coleman of, for instance, if that's what people want, if we were getting more money in, now we cannot afford to off load him, we can't get better players in because we cannot afford to risk it, hands are tied and only dale fans can get us out of it by attending and putting money in the club. Sure all the other stuff matters and needs addressing, but walking away will only make things worse.

If people behaved rationally and thought that putting their money in would make the difference then I'd agree. But lets not be niave. If the crowds and gate receipts rose do you then think the chairman would pay off Coleman et al. Would he hell.

I have not wanted to see Coleman ousted as I wanted him to succeed. But I have now had enough and don't enjoy going to the game anymore. I don't mind losing games, as long as I enjoy it. But the club has failed to engage with supporters for too long, and when people are struggling as they are, they won't put up with paying money they can't spare in a blind hope that the Board will act or things might change. We have an ageing supporter base that is falling fast. We haven't acted on that for years and we are now paying the price. But to expect people to just blindly splash out hard earned cash for the sake of loyalty is simply niave and the reason why the Board has taken us all for granted. Well it now no longer works.

Wheres the sense on 12:39 - Jan 13 with 1875 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Wheres the sense on 10:12 - Jan 13 by ColDale

I also had no major issues with Coleman's player recruitment last summer. However, I think it has since revealed itself to be an obvious over-reliance on, and going out of his way to accomodate, a certain 'pool' of players, namely, ex-Accy players. For example, playing Phil Edwards, a career defender, in central midfield at the expense of BBM, a career central midfielder. Moving a 30 something year old right-back to central midfield and virtually declaring him 'undropable', again at the expense of a career central midfielder. Retaining players who have little, if any, impact on the first-team in Craney and Puetrill. Apparently, wanting wide players on account that the wide player is only Sean Mcconville, despite him being poor when he was last here.
It may be a sub-conscious thing with him, but there is a strong argument that there is too much of a focus on ex-Accy players to the detriment of the team.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Wheres the sense on 14:42 - Jan 13 with 1834 viewspl56

Wheres the sense on 23:54 - Jan 12 by judd

Aleanddale wasn't it ? And yes , what did happen to that initiative ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024