Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill interview 18:31 - Mar 21 with 4236 viewsAlexF

Interesting words:
"I've been here two months and I can't explain what I've found out. It saddens me a little bit if I'm being honest"
Anyone know what that reference is to?
Hill interview on 18:34 - Mar 21 with 3331 viewsColDale

If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say it was the ending of everything that he introduced and had at the heart of everything he did at the club - all the sports science like conditioning of the players and the use of Prozone.
Hill interview on 18:47 - Mar 21 with 3278 viewsNewbury_Dale

Maybe its a wider thing ? Team Rochdale replaced by The Scouse Mafia
Hill interview on 18:50 - Mar 21 with 3264 viewsD_Alien

Yes, interesting words, because I reckon he assumed he'd be leaving a legacy to Rochdale which he might have expected to be maintained after his departure.

Despite the nature of his going (and ffs I'm not regurgitating that debate here), I also reckon he has a real soft spot for the club. If that's the case, his intentions may be coloured by those words - he just might want to see the job through more thoroughly and when his current tenure ends leave a legacy which isn't so easily destroyed. How he goes about doing that, god only knows but one thing is for sure he'll need the fans onside and possibly more? As the ONLY enduring aspect of the club, I'd like to think he now realises that we can contribute more than merely turning up and making some sort of noise!

In short, I'd like to think he'd be willing to forge links with the Dale Trust which will strengthen the foundations of Rochdale AFC for future generations of supporters.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill interview on 18:52 - Mar 21 with 3256 viewsSuddenLad

It will be the general state of apathy, the ill-discipline, the poor quality of some of the squad, the failure to develop and build on the legacy he left, the abysmal state of the club off the field - and so it goes on.

It certainly saddens more than just Keith Hill.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hill interview on 19:03 - Mar 21 with 3205 viewsD_Dale

Hill interview on 18:52 - Mar 21 by SuddenLad

It will be the general state of apathy, the ill-discipline, the poor quality of some of the squad, the failure to develop and build on the legacy he left, the abysmal state of the club off the field - and so it goes on.

It could be "When I first became manager of this club, after two months the place was buzzing with optimism. Me and Flicker were getting some great results and it seemed things could only get better. This time, without Flicker, it's been a struggle to turn things around. It makes me a bit sad to discover I've lost my mojo."

But does KH do self-doubt? More likely, it's the things other posters have guessed at. Yet not long ago he was talking in terms of staying longer than six months. Why has that changed?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Hill interview on 19:06 - Mar 21 with 3179 viewsSuddenLad

Hill interview on 19:03 - Mar 21 by D_Dale

It could be "When I first became manager of this club, after two months the place was buzzing with optimism. Me and Flicker were getting some great results and it seemed things could only get better. This time, without Flicker, it's been a struggle to turn things around. It makes me a bit sad to discover I've lost my mojo."

But does KH do self-doubt? More likely, it's the things other posters have guessed at. Yet not long ago he was talking in terms of staying longer than six months. Why has that changed?

Who says he's changed his plans to stay ? I think he is just making honest observations about the general state of 'all things Dale' as he now finds them, as opposed to how they were when he left.

Hill interview on 19:06 - Mar 21 with 3176 viewsSuddenLad

Hill interview on 19:03 - Mar 21 by D_Dale

............................dreaded double post edit...........................

Hill interview on 19:14 - Mar 21 with 3144 views49thseason

I think Keith is getting his mojo back.
Tuesdays game had all the KH hallmarks: effort, commitment, organisation and proper football played on the floor. All this despite being forced to play a left back at right back and including a returnee from injury to replace the newly injured Tutte. All this is good news for Dale and perhaps just as importantly good news for Keith Hill who must be in need of some decent results to bolster his own self confidence after all the Barnsley nonsense.
OK so its taken longer than we all hoped (certainly longer than KH hoped I imagine), and despite the near ruination of the club by the scouse mafia, Tuesday made me feel that a corner had been turned and the last two years were behind us. The imperative now is that the chairman gets Keith's signature on a 5 year deal (well 2 years then) and we totally eradicate the nightmare of Eyre, Bunn, Scouseman and ding dong.
Login to get fewer ads

Hill interview on 19:24 - Mar 21 with 3104 viewsbatman

Hill interview on 18:52 - Mar 21 by SuddenLad

Think this is nearer the mark.
For all CD 's good points I do t think he is a strong enough character to stamp his authority across all aspects of the club. Hence things like sports science have been allowed to wain. Now some of this is possibly financial, but, we did have enough cash flow to at least extend it. This part is also probably down to his (that's CD's) choice of the Coleman as manager.
Hopefully Hilly can I still some pride back into the club.
Hill interview on 19:30 - Mar 21 with 3077 viewsSuddenLad

Hill interview on 19:24 - Mar 21 by batman

For all CD 's good points I do t think he is a strong enough character to stamp his authority across all aspects of the club. Hence things like sports science have been allowed to wain. Now some of this is possibly financial, but, we did have enough cash flow to at least extend it. This part is also probably down to his (that's CD's) choice of the Coleman as manager.

........... ...........

Hill interview on 19:30 - Mar 21 with 3075 viewsSuddenLad

Hill interview on 19:24 - Mar 21 by batman

If Hilly can't persuade the Board to back his ideas, either financially or in principle, we can look forward to yet another manager waltzing through the revolving office door.

It's decision time for the 'bean-counters' I think.

Hill interview on 19:41 - Mar 21 with 3036 viewsolympicdale

it's unforgiving how quickly, everything hill put in place, was wiped out by the board.

Life is a game of fate.

Hill interview on 19:52 - Mar 21 with 3008 viewsbatman

Hill interview on 19:30 - Mar 21 by SuddenLad

........... ...........

Why the anger??
It's an observation if you disagree say so.
Hill interview on 19:56 - Mar 21 with 2984 viewsSuddenLad

Hill interview on 19:52 - Mar 21 by batman

Why the anger??
It's an observation if you disagree say so.

If you look again, I deleted a double post. It's about the thirtieth time I've had to do it in the last week - hence the anger. The response to your comments appears in the adjacent post.

Hill interview on 19:58 - Mar 21 with 2978 viewsbatman

Hill interview on 19:56 - Mar 21 by SuddenLad

If you look again, I deleted a double post. It's about the thirtieth time I've had to do it in the last week - hence the anger. The response to your comments appears in the adjacent post.

Apologies
Hill interview on 19:59 - Mar 21 with 2975 viewsmightydale

Hill interview on 19:41 - Mar 21 by olympicdale

it's unforgiving how quickly, everything hill put in place, was wiped out by the board.

and it wont happen again lessons have been learnt ( not my words ). I think Keith Hill will get full backing by the board, well thats if he stays of course

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Hill interview on 20:06 - Mar 21 with 2957 viewsSuddenLad

Hill interview on 19:58 - Mar 21 by batman

Apologies

Accepted. No problem

Hill interview on 20:06 - Mar 21 with 2959 viewsAlexF

thanks for the input guys, makes sense. I suspect you're all correct, everything good that was built has been swept away, so its start again time. Accordingly, for me, it will be really interesting to see just how influential Flicker was in the success of the partnership?
Hill interview on 20:13 - Mar 21 with 2933 viewsColDale

Hill interview on 19:56 - Mar 21 by SuddenLad

why is it happening to you more than any other poster? Its not isolated to you, but it certainly seems to happen with you more than anyone else, as a look down the board would show there's not issues with every post appearing numerous times over.

(watch this appear 7 times now)
Hill interview on 20:17 - Mar 21 with 2921 viewsSuddenLad

Hill interview on 20:13 - Mar 21 by ColDale

why is it happening to you more than any other poster? Its not isolated to you, but it certainly seems to happen with you more than anyone else, as a look down the board would show there's not issues with every post appearing numerous times over.

(watch this appear 7 times now)

Can't explain it Col. It started for no obvious reason and it doesn't do it every time, though I gather from other users that the problem lies with Chrome.

That said, I don't always post from the same location or from the same device, so it is a mystery. A bloody annoying one, but a mystery nevertheless.........

Hill interview on 20:19 - Mar 21 with 2907 viewsColDale

Hill interview on 20:17 - Mar 21 by SuddenLad

Can't explain it Col. It started for no obvious reason and it doesn't do it every time, though I gather from other users that the problem lies with Chrome.

That said, I don't always post from the same location or from the same device, so it is a mystery. A bloody annoying one, but a mystery nevertheless.........

I use chrome myself, and I think its only happened to me once. Think that happened on refreshing the board after posting, but am sure I'd have done that more than just the once whilst its been an issue.
Hill interview on 21:30 - Mar 21 with 2795 viewsD_Dale

Don't suppose it could be as simple as a spot of impatience? Sometimes on clicking 'Add reply" the message remains and it is tempting to click it again. (I'll try it with this post.) Edit.: nope, didn't do it.
Hill interview on 21:33 - Mar 21 with 2785 viewssweetcorn

Hill interview on 21:30 - Mar 21 by D_Dale

Don't suppose it could be as simple as a spot of impatience? Sometimes on clicking 'Add reply" the message remains and it is tempting to click it again. (I'll try it with this post.) Edit.: nope, didn't do it.

That does cause multiple posts, especially on a smart phone or other such device, so that could be an explanation.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Hill interview on 21:39 - Mar 21 with 2768 viewsChaffRAFC

I've had issues with this site using Chrome. If I've posted a message, then right click and refresh on the Forum after it's been posted, it tends to re-post my message.

Not a major issue but it's habit to right click and refresh.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Hill interview on 21:44 - Mar 21 with 2760 viewsTVOS1907

Hill interview on 20:17 - Mar 21 by SuddenLad

I thought you were just making sure you got your point across.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024