Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bobby Grant 21:56 - Mar 21 with 12135 viewsSalwaDale

Cheat who should be drummed out of the club as soon as possible?

Or someone who legitimately went down to emphasise an awful near assault?

Discuss.

TBBT

Bobby Grant on 21:59 - Mar 21 with 8253 viewsTVOS1907

Has Ricardo got a new username?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bobby Grant on 22:01 - Mar 21 with 8227 viewsSalwaDale

Bobby Grant on 21:59 - Mar 21 by TVOS1907

Has Ricardo got a new username?

Did Ricardo have a point?

TBBT

Bobby Grant on 22:07 - Mar 21 with 8211 viewsolympicdale

from the reply it looks like it was a chest to chest collision.

Life is a game of fate.

Bobby Grant on 22:07 - Mar 21 with 8214 viewsTVOS1907

Bobby Grant on 22:01 - Mar 21 by SalwaDale

Did Ricardo have a point?

Hmm, good question.

At the time I wasn't so sure, but a lot of things between then and Hill returning were very disappointing.

If Grant is a 'cheat' and continues to exaggerate these types of incidents, I'm confident Hill won't want him in his team next season (if they are both still here).
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Bobby Grant on 22:13 - Mar 21 with 8184 viewsPDIDDY

Bobby Grant on 22:07 - Mar 21 by TVOS1907

Hmm, good question.

At the time I wasn't so sure, but a lot of things between then and Hill returning were very disappointing.

If Grant is a 'cheat' and continues to exaggerate these types of incidents, I'm confident Hill won't want him in his team next season (if they are both still here).
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Hill played diving will Buckley on a regular basis

Gissa job

Bobby Grant on 22:21 - Mar 21 with 8174 viewsSalwaDale

Bobby Grant on 22:13 - Mar 21 by PDIDDY

Good point. Are diving and feigning injury the same, or different?

TBBT

Bobby Grant on 22:23 - Mar 21 with 8168 viewsShun

Perhaps I'm being cynical, but I don't believe many players wouldn't have tried to make a meal of it if an opposition player had done what Frampton did.

PDidds was only having a sly shot, but he's absolutely correct. Buckley used to dive all over the place and I can't remember too many being offended by that.
Bobby Grant on 22:30 - Mar 21 with 8146 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

He was in a no win situation, he got barged and went down and we question him.

If he'd had got up and retaliated, we'd have wanted him sacked.

There was 'a lot' of contact and 99.9% of footballers would have done the same.

No case to answer IMO.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Login to get fewer ads

Bobby Grant on 22:36 - Mar 21 with 8134 viewslove_the_dale

Frampton brought his shoulder round and made heavy contact with Grant's chest. Whether this was sufficient to cause Grant to go down like a sack of potatoes is debatable, but even if it was, I can't see why Grant needed to clutch his hands to his face, which he did seem to do. It is cheating and I don't like to see it, but hopefully Keith will have had a word with him about it.
Bobby Grant on 22:40 - Mar 21 with 8127 viewssandylaner1

Bobby Grant on 22:30 - Mar 21 by SteTsGoldenBoot

No case to answer IMO.

i agree with this

like didds said its no different from when buckley went down easy to get pens

Bobby Grant on 22:49 - Mar 21 with 8109 viewsTVOS1907

Bobby Grant on 22:13 - Mar 21 by PDIDDY

Reasonable point.

I suppose you saw him play often enough, though.

Bobby Grant on 22:57 - Mar 21 with 8089 viewsD_Alien

Different scenarios.

With Buckley, its an attempt to a) beat the defender or failing that to b) trick him into leaving his leg in the way to "fall over". Either way, the ball is involved in the process (and its a game of football).

With Grant, the ball is incidental. He's making a deliberate attempt - not to gain advantage during a move but have the referee make a decision about a fellow footballer through deception.

For Buckley, read Gareth Bale

For Grant, read Luis Suarez

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bobby Grant on 23:37 - Mar 21 with 8036 viewssweetcorn

Every player would react the same to that, its just the way football is these days.

Bobby Grant has clear talent for us all to see, if he wants to stay at rochdale, we should want to keep him, its usually a case of somebody taking away or decision to keep a player as we rarely get the chance to keep players with talent with our selling club mentality and living within our means.

Grant is a character and i'm firmly behind keeping him.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Bobby Grant on 23:42 - Mar 21 with 8034 viewsShun

Bobby Grant on 22:57 - Mar 21 by D_Alien

Different scenarios.

With Buckley, its an attempt to a) beat the defender or failing that to b) trick him into leaving his leg in the way to "fall over". Either way, the ball is involved in the process (and its a game of football).

With Grant, the ball is incidental. He's making a deliberate attempt - not to gain advantage during a move but have the referee make a decision about a fellow footballer through deception.

For Buckley, read Gareth Bale

For Grant, read Luis Suarez

I see your point and it's a valid one. However, I still believe that the majority of footballers today would've done the same thing in Grant's position.
Bobby Grant on 23:55 - Mar 21 with 8022 viewsblackpoolcol

Bobby Grant on 23:42 - Mar 21 by Shun

I see your point and it's a valid one. However, I still believe that the majority of footballers today would've done the same thing in Grant's position.

in fairness to Grant, from my position in the main stand it looked like a clear headbutt.

With my little stick of Blackpool Rock, along the promenade I'll stroll

Bobby Grant on 23:58 - Mar 21 with 8020 viewsDale57

Right ladies,we are playing our last game at home to Plymouth,we are 1-0 down and need to secure a point to salvage our league status.Cue the Grant incident resulting in a sending off of an opposing player.We go on to equalise after gaining advantage over our 10 men opposition.Would folk be still having a go at Grant ?????????
I suggest some folk stick their knitting in an Aldi carrier bag and pop off t'park to watch bowls.
Bobby Grant on 01:09 - Mar 22 with 7986 viewsBirchy915

I want Grant at this club so long as he wants to play for us and does his job.
He's rough around the edges, but so long as Hill thinks he needs him I'll be happy to have him.
I have faith that Hill will not tolerate negativity and I expect Grant will toe the line accordingly, I suspect many of his antics will have gone with Coleman.
Same goes for any player that wants to play for us, do what Hilly says and I have no problems, if that involved diving then so be it, it's a sad reality of the modern game.
I'm also glad to see Hill is having a positive impact on Donnelly, feeling very optimistic at the moment, Up the Dale!

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Bobby Grant on 02:05 - Mar 22 with 7970 viewslove_the_dale

Bobby Grant on 23:55 - Mar 21 by blackpoolcol

in fairness to Grant, from my position in the main stand it looked like a clear headbutt.

It was difficult to tell from my seat in the main stand, but Daleplayer shows it clearly. If you don't have this, the same pictures are on

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/rochdale
Bobby Grant on 05:51 - Mar 22 with 7947 viewsColDale

For me, it's cheating when you try and make out that something has happened when it hasn't. eg pretending to be fouled or hit. To me, his is different to (for example) being fouled and making no attempt to stay on your feet. We know refs are less likely to make a decision if a player stays on his feet, so in many ways you can't blame players for doing so.

The Gills player the other night had no excuse at all, and deserved his red card. He'd raced over with the intent of seeing GD sent off, and then made a violent act on Grant. Whether it was chest or head is irrelevant, he was getting all bertie big bóllocks. I'd much rather Grant react the way he did (which I think was genuine anyway) than get involved in a scrap and pick up a ban himself. At its very worst, it's no different to what Alan Reeves did at Gigg Lane that time.

Earlier in the season, we were guilty of cheating. I've not seen it since Hill returned.
Bobby Grant on 06:33 - Mar 22 with 7933 viewsaleanddale

Bobby Grant on 22:30 - Mar 21 by SteTsGoldenBoot

No case to answer IMO.

Here lies the voice of reason.

Ste T Golden boot i agree 100%.
Bobby Grant on 07:06 - Mar 22 with 7911 viewsSalwaDale

He made it look to all and sundry that he'd been punched or butted. Their player then got sent off. Looking at the video he maybe didn't deserve the red card.

My thoughts are that I'm enjoying watching us so much more since Coleman went. The ridiculous antics have mostly gone too. Grant holding his face let the team down. Maybe I'm naive but I didn't like it. And I certainly hope we don't see it again.

I hope someone has got the same message through to Bobby. If not, then yeah I would get rid.

TBBT

Bobby Grant on 08:08 - Mar 22 with 7851 viewsblackpoolcol

Bobby Grant on 02:05 - Mar 22 by love_the_dale

It was difficult to tell from my seat in the main stand, but Daleplayer shows it clearly. If you don't have this, the same pictures are on

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/rochdale

Yes it appears more of a chest height "incident" but the ref is about 2 yards away, he sees the incident from the face to face angle and sends the lad off. To me thats good enough.

With my little stick of Blackpool Rock, along the promenade I'll stroll

Bobby Grant on 08:56 - Mar 22 with 7780 viewsgeorgedale

Bobby Grant on 08:08 - Mar 22 by blackpoolcol

Yes it appears more of a chest height "incident" but the ref is about 2 yards away, he sees the incident from the face to face angle and sends the lad off. To me thats good enough.

Can’t understand why we would want our best player by a country mile out of the club?????? Jokers

Yeah he gets involved in silly things .....so what, the only player on that pitch that even looks like he could change a game is Booby.

Stop talking crap - by the ever Rochdale player reads this board and if you want them to play to their best standard of a weekend stop calling every player.
Bobby Grant on 09:31 - Mar 22 with 7731 viewsnordenblue

Bobby Grant on 07:06 - Mar 22 by SalwaDale

He made it look to all and sundry that he'd been punched or butted. Their player then got sent off. Looking at the video he maybe didn't deserve the red card.

My thoughts are that I'm enjoying watching us so much more since Coleman went. The ridiculous antics have mostly gone too. Grant holding his face let the team down. Maybe I'm naive but I didn't like it. And I certainly hope we don't see it again.

I hope someone has got the same message through to Bobby. If not, then yeah I would get rid.

To say he didn't deserve the red card is way off the mark,99 times out of 100 that's a straight red regardless of which area made contact and who the Dale player was involved,Bobby gets some unfair stick and treatment much of which is yes his own doing,but that "challenge" will generally result in a red card. As for getting rid i really am at a loss as to why any supporter would wish to see perhaps our most talented player run out the club,if he helps keep us in this league he's worth his weight in gold regardless of peoples view of him as an individual
Bobby Grant on 09:35 - Mar 22 with 7724 viewsjudd

As Blackpoolcol says, the ref was on the spot. Doesn't matter what we think.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024